iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-05 15:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

considering 15KA is pretty big boost, and FH lets you double light, im not sure where I see why you wouldnt use it?
By pchan 2017-12-05 15:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Final Heaven is gimp, it's always doing much less than VS anyway, even with spharai.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-05 15:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
relic aftermath isn’t worth maintaining.

Well for those going for a Subtle-Blow type setup, it's +10 and there is still ~some~ amount of DPS increase. I see it the same as Bravura and Apoc, situational weapons with a situational AM effect.
monk is already capping subtle blow in tp gear.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-05 16:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

it's almost like he wasn't actually paying attention to reasons to use MNK at all, wow
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-05 16:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Well for those going for a Subtle-Blow type setup, it's +10 and there is still ~some~ amount of DPS increase. I see it the same as Bravura and Apoc, situational weapons with a situational AM effect.
monk is already capping subtle blow in tp gear.

In best TP gear? Thinking it could open up more space, unless MNK's best TP set already caps it, then it's useless. I was treating it like -DT in hybrid sets.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-12-05 16:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK has 35 base at 2100, NQ samue and bonnet cap that (herc feet too if you aren't using bonnet), and moonbow belt/sherida/niqmaddu take you to current SBII cap (assuming +1 belt)
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-12-05 16:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also Auspice. If you're using that you're capped SB I without doing anything.
By eliroo 2017-12-05 16:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How much Subtle blow do I need to take away TP with every punch?
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-05 16:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, even SAM can cap subtle blow (with 15 subtle II if you happen to have Dagon) pretty effortlessly if you have Auspice active (can cap without as well, but there are concessions that have to be made and it requires HQs).
By anik 2017-12-05 17:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk still sucks?
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2017-12-05 17:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-12-05 20:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least the self-loathing phase seems to be over. :)
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-12-05 20:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not self loathing if it's all the non MNKs doing the loathing, lol
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-05 20:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There is just nothing new to say. Nothing has changed.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-06 01:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

never hear good stuff, so I thought id share some! mnk relic feet +2 done, cool towngear ahoy!
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-12-06 11:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
It's not self loathing if it's all the non MNKs doing the loathing, lol

I feel like a lot of us are real monks or we wouldn’t care so much.

As Cherry said, nothing left to say. The horse is dead lol
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-15 21:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I am getting very good avg from my Final Heaven, so its def worth using to keep up AM for those that said its not. Mid teens which for mnk is great at 1k.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 22:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So, yeah, you can pull decent numbers, that's never been debatable.

The problem is not "best" = ***on.

The zealots will *** no matter what unless its the absolute best.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-16 00:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well tbh in a small sample size, it was out performing my VS lol.... thing is its very consistent and I dont even have a top end build for it. You might not end up spamming it, but you can definitely throw one out for AM and not be worried about a dps loss like previous posters had stated. The 15KA will more make up the "possible" loss from a 1k VS in terms of dmg difference, which I am not really seeing even at 1k unless the lucky crit+DA.

Doing 3 step with it on bats right now (Afury > VS > FH), sometimes can kill them with just that 3 step sc, other times take an extra 2 step. Not bad at all in my book since without stp roll from a cor (dont get solo) your not tping fast enough for a 4-5 step normally, so 3 steps about as good as you get.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-12-16 00:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

FH with the 40% bonus is 4.2 + 1.4 ftp, + 1.4 per additional hit 80% VIT.
5.6 no multi attack or 7 with 1 DA proc.

VS is 2.25 + 1+1+1 ftp, +1 per additional hit 80% STR.
5.25 no multi attack or 6.25 with 1 DA proc.

Crits will spike VS higher obviously during impetus but there's not a huge difference between the 2, especially when you factor in 30-40% WSD for the first hit of Final Heaven. It might even work out better when impetus is down if both are geared to the same standard.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-16 01:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I am at 49% wsd (you can go 5% higher no DM augs), so ya its pretty nice consistent dmg, no spikes really but it should avg higher from what I have been seeing in actual practice. Thats not to bad considering the extra benefits from the AM. I just thought it was worth mentioning since there was an anti-HF on this forum and I am not seeing reason for it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-16 01:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone is Anti HF because it's connected to the relic.

Relic is not Godhands/Vere

Not best = worst

It's not hard to follow their logic.

It's stupid, but you can't say you don't understand why people say what they say, you understand why.

it's the same reason ws sets are always said to be best cause they spike the highest. People always care about what's possible, more than they care about what is actually happening.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-16 02:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

no one is anti-Final Heaven because of Spharai, and WS set optimization is typically based on the expected mean (not that I would necessarily discount variance as a meaningful statistic)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-16 02:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how literally every conversation goes;

What's best weapon?

"not relic"

So *** final heaven build then?

"Yup"

But I own Spharai and want the best set when I need to use it for aftermath

"don't use relic lol it suxorz"

Then someone will post a set 3 pages later. after everyones done bitching.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-16 02:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

which weapon is "best" changes with a passing breeze in here anyways. I am pretty sure in the last few pages that weren't about SE "fixing" Monk, the answer would shift between Godhands/Spharai/Verethragna depending on who was speaking at the time....
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-16 02:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you search Spharai in this thread, you can easily see that no one is saying they're bad

but whatever, making ***up is easier I guess
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-16 02:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

no one said Spharai is bad, just that people are only interested in what is "best", and that is pretty damn ephemeral in here.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-16 02:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The AM in itself is good, it's the amount of DPS you lose by using lolfinalheaven instead of another WS that concerns me.
That's the issue that probably doesn't make it worth. If FH was any better it would've been a different story I guess?
pchan said: »
Veere is the best weapon, so no reason to avoid doing it. Also it caps delay with a single song from a good BRD while spharai not capping still (almost capped but not capped !). Vere is not that hard to obtain ... it's abyssea, it a grind. You can do it in a couple of hours with alts. If you use spharai, you should be using victory smite, and nothing else. Spharai is cool for ambuscade for instance where you have to tank anyway but mdk uses vere and he does fine. However for stuff like power leveling CP on alts I tend to prefer vere.

this is just off the last page (I cant remember in the years on this forum anyone saying it was good besides last h2h update it was deemed "better"), there is a lot more out there of anti Final heaven.... it's not like I mentioned it bc I never am on these forums lol. I literally made it this week to test for myself as it didn't seem right, and I find it is very good as a weapon, and probably better than my godhands overall unless spamming HF (which sucs for sc, but great for spam ws #'s)
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-16 02:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
just that people are only interested in what is "best", and that is pretty damn ephemeral in here.

That mentality, amongst anyone that knows wtf is going on, isn't really present on a job that's less about total damage optimization and more about improving durability.

Azagarth said:
this is just off the last page (I cant remember in the years on this forum anyone saying it was good besides last h2h update it was deemed "better"), there is a lot more out there of anti Final heaven

Kyte said:
no one is anti-Final Heaven because of Spharai

People don't like Final Heaven because last time I checked, it averages about 15% worse than Victory Smite- and it's dubious whether or not +15 KA will make up that difference
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-16 02:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that may have been accurate before the implementation of ~50% wsd we have now thats been a relatively recent addition. I am not finding a 15% gap personally, and my VS set is technically "better" than my FH set too.

Even if it was 15%, lets say you do 20k (way over VS avg) your looking at 3k dmg that 15KA would have to make up. I am very confident in the min its up or longer your looking at easily 3k dmg in kick attacks.
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 363 364 365