First Page 2 3 ... 168 169 170 ... 363 364 365
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-08-14 14:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Caiir said: »
Bear in mind that they don't need to consider that at all because it'd be trivial to do something like add Lv.75-99 trait "Enchanced Boost".

Stop trying to defend shitty development decisions, it's tiring.

Erm, I specifically mentioned adding additional traits to produce the effect.
By Blazed1979 2017-08-14 15:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't remember a time in the past 15 years where SE had one job so ridiculously OP and another so stupidly useless and dysfunctional.
They've outdone themselves with this one.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-08-14 16:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »
The 2nd one can be solved with a raise in base damage and tweaking the JA for Monk.

No it can't. H2H ws's are fundamentally broken and incapable of being exploited. Right now damage is primarily about exploiting WS's inherent mechanics to pump its numbers up.

I think they just need to put 2 H2H skill equals to 1 base damage raise through a trait and we are looking at a very different picture.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-14 17:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I can't remember a time in the past 15 years where SE had one job so ridiculously OP and another so stupidly useless and dysfunctional.
They've outdone themselves with this one.

lol. well that's half right.

There have been dozen of the same damn things in even just recent history.

Remember ranger from just a couple years ago? How about blm and sch? how about embrava? how about Alexander PD zergs?

They're not as OP as conduit, but the game revolved around them exclusively for respective time periods.

How about Rudras?

Remember the exact same complaints about BLU not even a year ago yet?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-14 17:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The 2nd one can be solved with a raise in base damage and tweaking the JA for Monk.

No it can't. H2H ws's are fundamentally broken and incapable of being exploited. Right now damage is primarily about exploiting WS's inherent mechanics to pump its numbers up.

I think they just need to put 2 H2H skill equals to 1 base damage raise through a trait and we are looking at a very different picture.

Or just have VS act like CDC and *poof* problem solved.

The current game meta is about pumping up WS's not meleeing things down.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-14 17:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

rng hasn't been OP in over a decade some people just used it for a lot of stuff initially to clear content before figuring out how to do it with melees outside of a few specific fights
By pchan 2017-08-14 18:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My new sim can be found here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7wbcilaHsTeRUdWV3dXS1Y3QkU

The main addition is a GUI which should allow anyone w/o programming knowledge to use it. This is a first attempt so it's not complete but if you go MNK/WAR with normal buffs and normal gar this should work.

To use it :
1) download and install winpython latest version
2) go in the install folder and run idelx or spyder
3) open the simu.py file from idlex or spyder
5) hit F5 and the GUI should appear as well as a shell where the DPS will be written.

if you want to add your own gear it's easy : search in the file where I defined my gear and add yours.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-16 17:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just here to momentarily ***. While fixing the apparent unfixed but totally fixable mnk, please fix the fn mantra from erasing a Drks drain3 hp buff. That ***is annoying. Mind you making sure ppl that play mnk still should know this ahead of time as well.

Carry on
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-16 18:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me, I will make it my Mission to use Mantra near you every time I see you MB drain 3!
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-16 19:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
That reminds me, I will make it my Mission to use Mantra near you every time I see you MB drain 3!

..... You make taco something something...
 Leviathan.Eloc
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2017-08-22 00:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone care to give me a summary of the last 20 pages? tl;dr
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-08-22 02:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Eloc said: »
MNK didn't get worse. Fin
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-22 06:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

TL;DR: MNK is bottom of the barrel, don't touch it.

Longer summary:

In the least direct way possible, SE made MNK's Martial Arts gifts no longer reduce TP/hit on most hand-to-hand weapons, for now. SE increased delay and damage on the weapons themselves, leaving Verethragna still, and possibly more weapons soon, to suffer reduced TP/hit. So what was the point? No one can say.
SE also increased the accuracy and added critical hit rate to Focus, but reduced its duration to 30 seconds, making it less useful overall. It no longer works with Aggressor to give MNK a constant accuracy bonus.
Dodge was adjusted, but not in any way to make it useful.
Boost is now a negative status like sleep, petrification or terror. Don't use it. It will not increase a player's damage enough to be better than never Boosting unless you need the 100% accuracy it provides to the single hit (if you need the accuracy, change jobs). If it works on weapon skills, the amount of extra damage provided is so small, we can barely notice any change.
Counterstance still reduces defense and does not give enmity, so it is still not useful.
Chakra heals for more than it did and can be used more often.
Footwork damage was increased to follow in-line with the adjustments to hand-to-hand weapons.

In short, as with every SE adjustment, nothing requested by players was given. So nothing that needed to be fixed was fixed. When this happened to BST, it became more ridiculous to use than expected. In the case of SMN, the job became stronger than expected. In the case of MNK, optimists call it a wash and realists call it a nerf on the least powerful job in the game.

Things that need to be fixed before MNK should be used:
1) Weapon skill damage needs to be increased dramatically.
2) Some adjustment must be made to compensate for MNK's lack of off-hand stats or grips, the 95% accuracy cap, and the reduction in TP/hit it suffers from too much Martial Arts. It essentially has all of the negatives of a 1-hander and a 2-hander with no benefits.

Things that should also be fixed but aren't critical to the job's future:
3) Weapon skill properties need to be better balanced so MNK has better options.
4) MNK's job abilities should be adjusted in ways to free it up to use other subjobs than only /WAR.

To do this, SE needs to be honest with us and itself and answer the question: What role is MNK supposed to play?
[+]
 Leviathan.Eloc
user: Eloc
By Leviathan.Eloc 2017-08-22 12:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
MNK didn't get worse. Fin

Yay...
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

TL;DR: MNK is bottom of the barrel, don't touch it.

Longer summary:

In the least direct way possible, SE made MNK's Martial Arts gifts no longer reduce TP/hit on most hand-to-hand weapons, for now. SE increased delay and damage on the weapons themselves, leaving Verethragna still, and possibly more weapons soon, to suffer reduced TP/hit. So what was the point? No one can say.
SE also increased the accuracy and added critical hit rate to Focus, but reduced its duration to 30 seconds, making it less useful overall. It no longer works with Aggressor to give MNK a constant accuracy bonus.
Dodge was adjusted, but not in any way to make it useful.
Boost is now a negative status like sleep, petrification or terror. Don't use it. It will not increase a player's damage enough to be better than never Boosting unless you need the 100% accuracy it provides to the single hit (if you need the accuracy, change jobs). If it works on weapon skills, the amount of extra damage provided is so small, we can barely notice any change.
Counterstance still reduces defense and does not give enmity, so it is still not useful.
Chakra heals for more than it did and can be used more often.
Footwork damage was increased to follow in-line with the adjustments to hand-to-hand weapons.

In short, as with every SE adjustment, nothing requested by players was given. So nothing that needed to be fixed was fixed. When this happened to BST, it became more ridiculous to use than expected. In the case of SMN, the job became stronger than expected. In the case of MNK, optimists call it a wash and realists call it a nerf on the least powerful job in the game.

Things that need to be fixed before MNK should be used:
1) Weapon skill damage needs to be increased dramatically.
2) Some adjustment must be made to compensate for MNK's lack of off-hand stats or grips, the 95% accuracy cap, and the reduction in TP/hit it suffers from too much Martial Arts. It essentially has all of the negatives of a 1-hander and a 2-hander with no benefits.

Things that should also be fixed but aren't critical to the job's future:
3) Weapon skill properties need to be better balanced so MNK has better options.
4) MNK's job abilities should be adjusted in ways to free it up to use other subjobs than only /WAR.

To do this, SE needs to be honest with us and itself and answer the question: What role is MNK supposed to play?

GG SE. Thanks for the info, I'll just be over here wishing MNK wasn't the Internet Explorer of DD jobs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-22 12:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

GG SE. Thanks for the info, I'll just be over here wishing MNK wasn't the Internet Explorer of DD jobs.

We all are. We all are. :/
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-08-22 14:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I know I should already know this and I should have written it down when it was posted before. However... I didn't. What is the better multi-step self SC to do on mnk? I can't remember what blaze did in his video he posted and I can't find what page it's on now lol. I know it had spinning attack in it. (I think). Any help would be great, thanks.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-22 14:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't watched the video, but I would wager it was Ascetic's Fury > Victory Smite > Victory Smite.
By pchan 2017-08-24 12:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijin is generally better

SS>VS>VS or VS>SS>VS

Also for info

4-step :
asuran > VS>SS>VS

5-step

SS > asuran > VS>SS>VS

For those that love skillchains I added another option to my simulation. You can now check your damage when skillchaining with another monk. None of the monk tries to force a skillchain by holding TPs. They just tp and ws at 100 tp, if a skillchain happens then it's counted ad a damage done by the mnk that closes the sc. For info I'm finding roughly a 20% increase in DPS when you skillchain (using VS and light sc). Note that's its only theoretical, and could be higher by forcing a skillchain, and much higher if the mob is weak to light (thinking about those apex bats that I've been cping on lately).

I'm also planning a 3-step sc simulation. 3-4-5 step skillchains are easy to setup even with only 2 monks in the PT, just be prepared to hold on tp.

New sim :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7wbcilaHsTea1VoWGhJVjhsUkE
 Siren.Robthunder
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-08-24 13:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I always did Shijin > Smite > Smite but thought I saw something different somewhere. Thanks for the info guys I'll make sure and write it down this time until I have it memorized lol.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-08-24 14:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Could have been FH > DK > Smite. At least that is what I thought was in the video. That also activates AM for those sweet kicks yo!
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-08-24 15:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
Shijin is generally better

SS>VS>VS or VS>SS>VS

Also for info

4-step :
asuran > VS>SS>VS

5-step

SS > asuran > VS>SS>VS

For those that love skillchains I added another option to my simulation. You can now check your damage when skillchaining with another monk. None of the monk tries to force a skillchain by holding TPs. They just tp and ws at 100 tp, if a skillchain happens then it's counted ad a damage done by the mnk that closes the sc. For info I'm finding roughly a 20% increase in DPS when you skillchain (using VS and light sc). Note that's its only theoretical, and could be higher by forcing a skillchain, and much higher if the mob is weak to light (thinking about those apex bats that I've been cping on lately).

I'm also planning a 3-step sc simulation. 3-4-5 step skillchains are easy to setup even with only 2 monks in the PT, just be prepared to hold on tp.

New sim :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7wbcilaHsTea1VoWGhJVjhsUkE

Yeah I think the current environment support holding for a multi-step chain. In fact, it might be much more advantageous to perform chains at the expense of WS if you can perform 3-4 step chains.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-08-24 15:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh... oh I discovered that I can use the SE buff timer included to read when the Boost effect expires. It makes me feel like I am the dumbest genius ever existed.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-24 16:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's how all the testing has been done. No one has noticed much of an effect, if any. If you see something, please share it.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-25 07:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Even the JP side of the official forums has had posts deleted by SE on the MNK thread...
 Siren.Robthunder
By Siren.Robthunder 2017-08-25 08:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think they over-estimated how much of a difference the damage increase the adjustments to H2H would make. So they should just admit it and scale down the negative aspects of the update and make Focus / Boost more usable. I'm fine with boosting before a WS if it's worth it. It feels like old-school when everyone did it before they realized it made your dps worse lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-28 20:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I see a lot of MNK with Crit rate instead of DA on the mantle for TP. Why is this? I am thinking it might be better because DA has diminshing returns and MNK already gets a lot?

Most people are only going to make one cape. for many different reasons. That's their one cape.

Also, don't forget that people don't always make good decisions. Just because you see 100 people with an afterglow hverglmr doesn't mean its a good idea.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-08-28 20:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Same applies for seeing people on MNK in general. Just because you see people doing it...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-28 20:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I see a lot of MNK with Crit rate instead of DA on the mantle for TP. Why is this? I am thinking it might be better because DA has diminshing returns and MNK already gets a lot?

Best for TP is typically DA +10 unless your pushing over 40~50% TA then it starts to be Store TP +10. Crit is just people thinking MNK should only do melee damage and for some reason overlook what DA+10 does for that.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 168 169 170 ... 363 364 365