Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-02-10 00:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

im not expecting it to ever work on offhand
By pchan 2016-02-10 14:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I count right pluton have to be <=35k each for marrow farming to be not worth it. I don't remember how much they went for back in the day when they released 119 relcis but I think it was more than that ? It's possible that the process becomes more expensive than marrows.

It's also dependant on the server situation, if marrows go for 1M only, a higher price than 25k for a pluton means it's more expensive than adl spam.

Knowing the mentality of FFXI players, noone is going to rush marrows and everyone will spam plutons ...lol
Server: Odin
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2016-02-10 18:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it worth it to boost now since they buffed it?
By Yandaime 2016-02-10 20:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
Is it worth it to boost now since they buffed it?

It was still useful pre-nerf as a Pre-WS JA on High Defense Targets. With AF Gloves it gave a pretty decent Attack bonus, probably even better now
By cervelo84 2016-02-11 16:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Verethragna beast now? I was sad to see it go to waste after I upped it to i119 years ago. I love that mnk and pupp can use it!
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-02-11 23:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
Is Verethragna beast now? I was sad to see it go to waste after I upped it to i119 years ago. I love that mnk and pupp can use it!

It should be great with the new upgrade. Easily the best non-Glanz option, and probably better than Glanz in scenarios where keeping mythic AM3 up isn't ideal.

Now if only SE would give Monk a boost sometime soon...
By cervelo84 2016-02-12 12:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Verethragna dmg multiplier x3 only n the offhand still ?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-12 12:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt they changed it, it was on purpose before not a bug.
By cervelo84 2016-02-14 10:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys I just came back and I own Verethragna Koga and Vajra. The mythics are going to cost me almost double to get afterglowed. What buff do I get with afterglow and what do you think of verethragna?

Which one would you upgrade?

I love all 4 jobs a ton.... (thf/sam/mnk/pupp)
By Felgarr 2016-02-14 10:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys I just came back and I own Verethragna Koga and Vajra. The mythics are going to cost me almost double to get afterglowed. What buff do I get with afterglow and what do you think of verethragna?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Afterglow
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-02-14 11:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I would upgrade whichever weapon you will use the most. The upgrades for afterglow require 10,000 pluton/riftborn/beitetsu, so its going to take a while to upgrade every single RME that you have. So, upgrade the weapon of the job that you enjoy playing the most. MNK has less use in endgame now a days than THF or SAM, but again, I'd upgrade whichever the weapon on whichever job you actually use the most.
By cervelo84 2016-02-14 12:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW afterglow isn't that great. Hmmm despite Verethragna being less expensive... and all the new +crit gear I think I will just stick with Koga....

I am oh so curious to see what it would be like with 20-30% crit, seems like that is easy to obtain with the new gears.
[+]
By maldini 2016-02-15 12:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW afterglow isn't that great. Hmmm despite Verethragna being less expensive... and all the new +crit gear I think I will just stick with Koga....

I am oh so curious to see what it would be like with 20-30% crit, seems like that is easy to obtain with the new gears.
would be like Abyssea with RR atma.. only lots more death and no auto-rr
[+]
By Sandmaster 2016-02-15 22:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say the Afterglow is actually excellant for Vere. Occ deal's Triple DMG (on main hand) but when that is a Triple dmg proc, with like you said, and already high crit rate (higher with Bhikku's along with the crit dmg+ equipment and Impetus) you will see some nice DPS spikes.

Only real problem for monk, and the thing that is stopping it being so much more useful imo, is the lack of acc.

When I'm sitting with more melee ACC on COR then I am on MNK something's up.

ACC play's a very important role in any job, but Monk relies on it for Counter's, and Impetus.

Koga is obviously a great Mythic, but with more and more job's able to self SC SAM is another job on the back burner, ACC plays an issue aswell, but its needing to WS infront of the NM otherwise your 19% ws dmg loss.

Nin on the otherhand has been flipped from that job sitting at the bottom with initial 119 levels, but thro gear, weapon's, the change in dmg formula (Blade Shun is an excellant ws now) doing 8-12k on fodder mob's. Very reliable ws if acc is capped also. Ontop of that Innin provides a Godly DD boost where you need to be behind the mob (which is great for Apex/NM's, then to top that off with the help of Geo's Acumen/Malaise Nin can drop some nifty MB's.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-02-15 22:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Aftermath != Afterglow
[+]
By Sandmaster 2016-02-15 22:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For completing the Afterglow stage, your getting the Enhanced Aftermath aswell, so they kinda roll into one Sausage Roll to me.
By cervelo84 2016-02-16 05:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A few guys in my LS said Koga didn't get much of an upgrade and they would do vajra or verethrgna first. I havn't played monk sink the tojil spam days so I don't have a lot of gear. I do think it has a place in endgame though and they are quite tanky. I wonder how much you would counter these days on the typical monster. (like in delve or high tier fight easy/ normal difficulty.)

Oh and btw Riftborn boulder is 1/3 the price of Beisestu atm...
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2016-02-16 07:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandmaster said: »
I'd say the Afterglow is actually excellant for Vere. Occ deal's Triple DMG (on main hand) but when that is a Triple dmg proc, with like you said, and already high crit rate (higher with Bhikku's along with the crit dmg+ equipment and Impetus) you will see some nice DPS spikes.

Only real problem for monk, and the thing that is stopping it being so much more useful imo, is the lack of acc.

When I'm sitting with more melee ACC on COR then I am on MNK something's up.

ACC play's a very important role in any job, but Monk relies on it for Counter's, and Impetus.

Koga is obviously a great Mythic, but with more and more job's able to self SC SAM is another job on the back burner, ACC plays an issue aswell, but its needing to WS infront of the NM otherwise your 19% ws dmg loss.

Nin on the otherhand has been flipped from that job sitting at the bottom with initial 119 levels, but thro gear, weapon's, the change in dmg formula (Blade Shun is an excellant ws now) doing 8-12k on fodder mob's. Very reliable ws if acc is capped also. Ontop of that Innin provides a Godly DD boost where you need to be behind the mob (which is great for Apex/NM's, then to top that off with the help of Geo's Acumen/Malaise Nin can drop some nifty MB's.
Not sure why acc is your roadblock when it comes to finding the content useful for mnk. Once you start into the herc augments and nq/hq 119 abjs the only difference should be on the weapon natively having more acc for corsair, which with stacking JAs on short fights or rotating them on longer fights should really help bridge the gap in that aspect.
By Sandmaster 2016-02-16 08:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Additional Acc for COR comes from /DNC, offhand, and JP's. Monk has had to take a back seat at presant because I'm using NIN a lot. NIN got some very generous gift's including +20 more ACC from making use of Innin. The offhand Katana I'm sorting out atm also has ACC+76 on it. Herc gear is something I havn't played on yet as I need lots of gil for Plutons and I don't want to be losing gil Augmenting at this point in time. It isn't a problem though as I have more then enough ACC for the content and stuff I do right now but I will come to it. Head & Body Jovian / Arean are my primary equipment goals.
By Chyula 2016-02-16 08:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

it have nothing to do with /dnc, its more about the second 2nd weapon slot giving it another boost and monks h2h don't have it.
By cervelo84 2016-02-16 08:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well lets not forget +269 H2H skill on r/e/m Not sure how much more accuracy that actually is but I would assume 40-50 more?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-16 09:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone actually play MNK still and has some jack of all traits TP and WS sets to share?
[+]
By dustinfoley 2016-02-16 09:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No
+ skill counts for that hand only, so gaining +20 skill is roughly 20 acc per main hand, and 20 per off hand, not 40 acc total.

Because mnk can only use a single weapon, and they never have more than 25ish acc , you are automatically at 50% the acc potential of a dual wielder when it comes to acc from main/sub.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-16 09:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I'm following you but how does +27 skill convert into 40-50 more accuracy?

Nevermind got it now, thanks dustin, I understood what he meant.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2016-02-16 09:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
No
+ skill counts for that hand only, so gaining +20 skill is roughly 20 acc per main hand, and 20 per off hand, not 40 acc total.

Because mnk can only use a single weapon, and they never have more than 25ish acc , you are automatically at 50% the acc potential of a dual wielder when it comes to acc from main/sub.
Which is again easily made up for with focus and aggressor rotated or stacked. Not to mention during impetus.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2016-02-16 09:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
So anyone actually play MNK still and has some jack of all traits TP and WS sets to share?

I've tried to throw a spreadsheet together but didn't put too much effort into it because I'm not aware of niche equipment items after having been gone so long and the job is next to useless. Getting there, slowly, though.

It's essentially BLU but Ryuo where the stats are more gud.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-16 09:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Which is again easily made up for with focus and aggressor rotated or stacked. Not to mention during impetus.
Can't fulltime Impetus, but can alternate Focus and Accuracy for ~30 more accuracy.
That's against targets who do not dispelga often though, and it comes at the cost of multiple JA uses which reduce the DPS over time.
All of this without forgetting about human error and attention-drops (which I guess honestly could be automated with Gearswap tbf)

The point is that it's not a big deal in the end, just like you said, but at the same time jobs who have all of that from passive traits or imbued in weapons (thanks to dualwielding) don't need any of that and this creates an advantage for them over MNK.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-02-16 09:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Pretty sure a player like you is perfectly able to do-it-yourself :p

There's many options and plentiful of alternatives.
Herc with multiattack and loads of acc/att is an excellent option for all slots.
AF3 legs are an underestimated (but not BiS) option for legs.

Adhemar presents good options for TP and arguably WS according to the augment paths, minus legs.

Sinister Reign has some nice options if you get perfect augments (Samnuha Tights, QA hat, h2h)

Rao and Ryuo have some nice options as well for WS and idle (regen!)

Rawhide still a decent option on body for TP (path D) or WS (path A). 119 AF3 body still pretty nice for TP and WS during Impetus.

Just mix and match according to your gil, your patience (abj augs vs random augs) and the WS you're using.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2016-02-16 09:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Loire said: »
Can't fulltime Impetus, but can alternate Focus and Accuracy for ~30 more accuracy.
That's against targets who do not dispelga often though, and it comes at the cost of multiple JA uses which reduce the DPS over time.
All of this without forgetting about human error and attention-drops (which I guess honestly could be automated with Gearswap tbf)

The point is that it's not a big deal in the end, just like you said, but at the same time jobs who have all of that from passive traits or imbued in weapons (thanks to dualwielding) don't need any of that and this creates an advantage for them over MNK.
Not sure which point you are pushing for but in a heavy dispel fight any job will lose its unique edge when its job specific buffs are removed not to mention when poor player skill is involved as to when to use said JAs. I wouldn't be arguing mnk as an every fight job but niche and excelling in those areas as well, just as nearly all the non-blu or dnc melee jobs.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-16 10:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Pretty sure a player like you is perfectly able to do-it-yourself :p

Uh well thanks but I have been absent from dabbling in any melee stuff for months. MNK gear is basically stuck at pre-Vagary level. Always interested to hear things from people that have put some thought into the job recently.
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 363 364 365