First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 363 364 365
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-03-03 16:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramzus, also some very minor changes to the Chakra set:

Unmoving Collar +1 is the best VIT neck in game at +9 VIT.

Sokushitsu Sune-ate should be placed in the feet slot for its +18 VIT. (And likely that many career MNKs will likely have this piece.)

Finally, though optional and imho not as likely a combo of:

Handler's Earring + Handler's Earring +1, +5 VIT max each, however it's potency is Unity based by ranking.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-03-03 20:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i knew of handler's earring, but i neglected to put it just because it entirely depends on the ranking. i know VIT augmented WKR items exist too (ejekamal mask + kaabnax trousers) but really, who the hell is gonna carry those? i'll update unmoving and sokushitsu though, didn't even notice the 18 vit on them
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2015-03-03 21:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add to the Chakra conversation, Blacksh. Hairpin is better than Lithlimb cap and even augmented Ejekamal mask with 30 VIT.
 Siren.Noxzema
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-03-06 19:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was playing with the spreadsheet some more, I had added the gifts a little while back, and I thought it worked, and it does for the most part. But in testing it again, I noticed that it adds 3 dmg to my ws dmg, which raises my DPS by .2 over adjusting my Glanz delay -5. My melee DPS stays the same. To add the Gift, I just entered +IF($Setup.$F$15=1,-5,0) into the MA ADJ row.

With MA Gift,
Melee DPS: 708.963
WS DMG: 6196
Set DPS: 1326.051

-5 Delay,
WS DMG: 6194
Set DPS: 1325.802

Any thoughts as why? I guessed that Martial Arts isn't a straight -delay, at least when it comes to the spreadsheets. But that would affect the Melee DPS...
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-03-09 02:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Ramzus for the first page updated. Much appreciated!
By pchan 2015-03-09 03:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
So I was playing with the spreadsheet some more, I had added the gifts a little while back, and I thought it worked, and it does for the most part. But in testing it again, I noticed that it adds 3 dmg to my ws dmg, which raises my DPS by .2 over adjusting my Glanz delay -5. My melee DPS stays the same. To add the Gift, I just entered +IF($Setup.$F$15=1,-5,0) into the MA ADJ row.

With MA Gift,
WS DMG: 6196
Set DPS: 1326.051

-5 Delay,
WS DMG: 6194
Set DPS: 1325.802

Any thoughts as why? I guessed that Martial Arts isn't a straight -delay, at least when it comes to the spreadsheets. But that would affect the Melee DPS...
It does nothing because you are capped on delay already. The only thing it does I think is lowering the overall TP you are getting upon using a WS which articficially decreases damage on the SS.
 Valefor.Yankke
Server: Valefor
user: Yankke23
By Valefor.Yankke 2015-03-29 18:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 334145

if buffactive.Rainstorm then -- Equip Shigure Tekko +1 When You Have Rainstorm On For TP --
equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{hands="Shigure Tekko +1"

if this correct or there another way to write it? please let me know. i would appreciated.

thx.
have a Nice day ~

Att. Yankke
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-30 04:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody calculated in the spreadsheet how much +damage do you need on the Alluvion H2H for them to be better than Path A Tinhaspa?
By kithaofcerb 2015-03-30 11:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yankke said: »
ItemSet 334145

if buffactive.Rainstorm then -- Equip Shigure Tekko +1 When You Have Rainstorm On For TP --
equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{hands="Shigure Tekko +1"

if this correct or there another way to write it? please let me know. i would appreciated.

thx.
have a Nice day ~

Att. Yankke

That should work, assuming you're closing the brackets (Obviously)

Edit - I'm not sure which function you would put that in to get it to immediately swap into those, might have to use something like

if buff.gain == 'Rainstorm'

or something along those lines. I'll toy with it when I get home
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-30 19:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody calculated in the spreadsheet how much +damage do you need on the Alluvion H2H for them to be better than Path A Tinhaspa?
Anyone? ;'(
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-31 03:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I tested it myself on the spreadsheet. I also tested Fists of Fury +1 which I was expecting to be much ahead of Tinhaspa (A) whereas they're barely above (probably difference can be a bit bigger when you need that acc).
Odd.

Ohrmazd require the following +damage augment to pull ahead of Tinhaspa (A) with the following augments:

1) No augment ==> +29 (cap)
2) 10 acc/att, 3% DA ==> +21
3) 10 acc/att, 3% Crit ==> +21
4) 15 acc/att, 4% DA ==> +18
5) 15 acc/att, 4% Crit ==> +18
6) 20 att, 4% DA ==> +17

Given +24 damage you're pretty much set up, even if you get ***augments with Snow and Leaf you'll be able to surpass Tinhaspa (A) very easily.
Given +19 Damage you need at least +17 attack and +3% DA (or crit).
Those are pretty close to the cap (in theory +20 is the att cap, +4% for DA/Crit, and +15 acc/att for combined stat)
I think a reasonable amount of +damage is +21. If you can reach at least that, you should be able to walk out with ~3% DA (or crit) and ~13 att or att/acc.

tl;dr
It can in theory become better than Tinhaspa (A) but it's gonna require a lot of luck boys and girls.
With the best possible augments it can get ~4% better than Tinhaspa (A).
In terms of pure accuracy it can never be as good as Tinhaspa (B) (29 acc vs 20 acc max).
Is it worth it though? That's the real question. It seems to be the difference is not that huge as it is on other weapons.
Check Macbain for instance, it can get MUCH better than other options, here the difference is not as noticeable.
By wick 2015-03-31 05:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I tested it myself on the spreadsheet. I also tested Fists of Fury +1 which I was expecting to be much ahead of Tinhaspa (A) whereas they're barely above (probably difference can be a bit bigger when you need that acc).
Odd.

Ohrmazd require the following +damage augment to pull ahead of Tinhaspa (A) with the following augments:

6) 20 att, 4% DA ==> +17

Given +24 damage you're pretty much set up, even if you get ***augments with Snow and Leaf you'll be able to surpass Tinhaspa (A) very easily.
Those are pretty close to the cap (in theory +20 is the att cap, +4% for DA/Crit, and +15 acc/att for combined stat)
I think a reasonable amount of +damage is +21. If you can reach at least that, you should be able to walk out with ~3% DA (or crit) and ~13 att or att/acc.

tl;dr
It can in theory become better than Tinhaspa (A) but it's gonna require a lot of luck boys and girls.
In terms of pure accuracy it can never be as good as Tinhaspa (B) (29 acc vs 20 acc max).
Is it worth it though? That's the real question. It seems to be the difference is not that huge as it is on other weapons.
Check Macbain for instance, it can get MUCH better than other options, here the difference is not as noticeable.

What about Vere?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-03-31 07:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Closed the spreadsheet, sorry.
Also testing Vere is more complicated because you need to account AM.
Normally it's an inferior option, but as long as you can keep an AM up it should hold up nicely against other options, I can see it being better in some circumstances.

Furthermore, my test is not definitive but just an extreme approximation.
Different targets, different setups, different subjob, different buffs could change a lot those lists I posted.
I only tested in a pretty generic situation (which likely covers the majority of situations, but not all).

My impression is that while Ohrmazd can get better than other options in theory, you're gonna require a lot of luck/gil to do so. If you get a lucky shot on the Duskslit stone (at least +24) you're pretty much set.

For other weapons the difference is bigger i.e. you can see them becoming better than the other options even without such good augments, Macbain is a clear example of this for instance.
By Yandaime 2015-04-12 12:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A few pages back, Mote pointed out that the Vereths ODD literally only proc'd on the first hit only. Making the aftermath nearly worthless iirc. I'll dig through the forums again and try to find it but unless something changed in one of the updates...

Glanzfaust > MaxOrhmazd > MaxTinhaspa > Spharai > Vereth

I've been busy with work for awhile but my LS Mates tell me Ohrmazd can get DMG +35?? If this is true,these weapons can surpass Glanzfaust. Is there any confirmation on Ohrmazd's augments?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-04-12 12:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cap is +29 supposedly. I sort of doubt they can surpass glanzfaust, the delay on them is pretty *** abysmal. The ascetic's fury boost is nice too for anything with high def/eva
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-22 01:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
A few pages back, Mote pointed out that the Vereths ODD literally only proc'd on the first hit only.
It procs only on first hit and the multiattacks (DA/TA/QA) that spawn from the main hit.
Doesn't proc on offhand hits, related multiattacks and kick attacks.
It's nothing new though, it's the same for all AM, including Glanzfaust and the Occasionally Double Damage from Spharai.

This doesn't make those effects "nearly worthless" though.
I haven't mathed it out but I got the feeling that in all situations where you can keep AM3 up (short fights where you can start with 3000 TP) Vere can be quite a nice weapon. Not the best probably, but surely not utter ***either.
Now if we're talking about AM1 (which you can constantly keep it up by spamming Victory Smite at 1000) I dunno what to say.
It's probably not that great but at the same time I don't see Vere being utter ***either.

Also did someone test if it's worth to wait for 3000TP, starting from zero, on Glanzfaust?
Saying it because on some jobs the amount of DPS you gain from activating the AM3 isn't enough to compensate from the amount of DPS you lose by waiting to get up to 3000 TP (basically "wasting" 2 WSs).
Not sure what the situation is for MNK, it needs to be tested.
I recently had the same doubts for BRD and my Carnwenhan, and had to math it out to find out a convincing answer.

Anyway, different topic. Count's cuffs.
Anybody found an use for these in any set?
They look a decent sidegrade. If you didn't bother with Taeon because of a number of stupid reasons, they might be a pretty nice option for TPing.
When you're packed with capped magic haste though I wonder how much that martial arts +5 is gonna hurt the tp/hit.
Again, it needs to be mathed out.
Anybody bothered to do it yet?
[+]
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-04-22 05:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want a sidegrade for Taeon I'd go for Nomkahpa mittens +1 or nilas gloves before even considering Count's cuffs to be fair.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-22 07:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Saying that on a hunch or did you manage to test it out?
Nilas and nomk are both excellent options, there's augmented otronif+1 too. When the stp on them matters they can produce surprising results.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-23 02:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some tests, altough I had to use a trick to simulate the Martial Arts +5 since there is no MA field in my MNK Spreadsheet.

They come out as a pretty boring sidegrade to non-Taeon options.
Otronif +1 (either DA+2 or Crit+2), Kachimusha, Onimusha... they're all pretty close together and they win/lose by very minimal amounts according to very specific situations.

Noticed Count's standing out a bit more (emphasis on "bit" ;P) when you're at capped gear/magic haste. Probably because without haste samba they help to get closer to the attack delay reduction cap.
All in all they seem a pretty meh option compared to what MNK gets.

Of course all of these lines I wrote lose their meaning completely when you factor in Taeon, but I worked under the premise of leaving Taeon outside.
By ProjectA2O 2015-04-23 20:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the Bhikku Crown and ultion mantle can be swapped precast or do they have to be on for the duration?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-04-24 01:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tantra+2 had to be wore for the whole duration of the effect to gain benefit, so I assume it's the same for Bhikku.
Haven't tested it though.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2015-05-14 15:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the new items page on bgwiki from the May 14th update:

Chastisers:
DMG:+119 Delay:+60 STR+20 Attack+33 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Guarding skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Triple Attack"+3% "TP Bonus"+300

Nibiru Sainti
DMG:+107 Delay:+51 STR+7 VIT+7 Attack+10 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Guarding skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Store TP"+4 "Repair" potency +10%

Blurred Claws:
DMG:+122 Delay:+66 Accuracy+20 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Additional effect: Haste

Blurred Claws +1:
DMG:+123 Delay:+61 Accuracy+25 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Martial Arts"+20 Additional effect: Haste

Curious to see how these stack up against Glanzfaust.

Also, if these come from the Escha - Zi'Tah, they can potentially be further augmented.
By Yandaime 2015-05-16 13:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurred Claw +1 looks like a very interesting weapon.

Did some quick comparisons with matching sets against Tojil and Serac Rabbit in the spreadsheet.

To answer your question, it depends on the content and availability of support. If you are fighting something you can readily cap Acc on, Glanz/Ohrmazd will win. But against higher eva targets, if you don't have proper buffs, Blurred +1 will win.

Still though, I would like to play around with these new H2Hs just for the 'Bruce-Lee' effect xD
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2015-05-16 16:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't the Martial Arts+20 just hurt your TP if you're already at the delay cap?
By Yandaime 2015-05-16 23:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hyriu said: »
Wouldn't the Martial Arts+20 just hurt your TP if you're already at the delay cap?

With the recent changes to the TP gain system, it probably will either increase your TP gain or not give a harmful impact.

Mote's most recent spreadsheet has the new TP system in place. When checking Blurred Claws +1 I simply added the weapon's stats but with a Delay of +36 (normally 61 but with MA+20 and MA+5 from Gifts, you reduce Delay by 25)

My apologies for the round-about way of setting the delay change but I literally see no option to adjust Martial Arts in any single solitary portion of Mote's spreads :( So until someone reveals how to tweak the core of the spreadsheet, I can only be creative lol

***Edit***
For quick reference, Jugo Kukris +1 has the lowest delay of any weapon in the game but it currently pulls more TP per hit than any other Dagger. SE tweaked the TP system to reward the lighter weapons
By lhova 2015-05-30 21:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd.

6) 20 att, 4% DA ==> +17

tl;dr

So with max or at least 24 + damage does the skirm h2h 2nd best? And if you get the damage should you focus on crit rate or ws damage?
 Siren.Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-05-31 11:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So from what I've seen the new Chastisers beat everything but Glanz. Blurred weaps are kinda lackluster, though they might be good in dyna or salvage where you're solo w/o trusts. Even the Skormoth mask isn't as good as I thought when I saw the TA+4, still loses to Taeon.

Here's my updated spreadsheet, has Job Points/Gifts, and smn buffs added to setup.
A couple notes though,
Favor effects 1= 512 skill+2 Favor, 2= 512+3, and 3= 512+4.
I'm not sure how to add the new KA JPs, I don't see a way of adding acc/atk just for KAs.
And Idk whats going on with the sch buff area, it still works fine, but it has a colored background that I can't figure out how to fix...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHqmg0nJfpIdXFPZDUwZ0tkNVE/view?usp=sharing
By lhova 2015-05-31 12:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So from what I've seen the new Chastisers beat everything but Glanz. Blurred weaps are kinda lackluster, though they might be good in dyna or salvage where you're solo w/o trusts. Even the Skormoth mask isn't as good as I thought when I saw the TA+4, still loses to Taeon.

Here's my updated spreadsheet, has Job Points/Gifts, and smn buffs added to setup.
A couple notes though,
Favor effects 1= 512 skill+2 Favor, 2= 512+3, and 3= 512+4.
I'm not sure how to add the new KA JPs, I don't see a way of adding acc/atk just for KAs.
And Idk whats going on with the sch buff area, it still works fine, but it has a colored background that I can't figure out how to fix...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHqmg0nJfpIdXFPZDUwZ0tkNVE/view?usp=sharing

Where are the Chastisers from?
 Siren.Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-05-31 13:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyramion over on the BG escha thread said that the JP wiki lists em dropping off of Urmahlulu, the behemoth T3. Its either him or Fleetstalker.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-05-31 13:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyramion over on the BG escha thread said that the JP wiki lists em dropping off of Urmahlulu, the behemoth T3. Its either him or Fleetstalker.
It is the behemoth
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 363 364 365