For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-25 22:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
Does anyone have an updated and more or less functional spreadsheet? I was AFK for over a year and tried to use the one a few posts up, but it shows my rudra's set doing almost double the damage of my Mandalic set (I'm Using Vajra / Twashtar), which is wildly inaccurate. In practice, Rudra's only comes out ahead when I'm Super buffed and/ or need the skill chain properties.

Here's how you gear THF:

1) Hit delay cap. If magic haste is capped (44%) you need DW+11 or DW+6 with 550 JP.

2) Hit roughly acc cap. You don't NEED full cap, but always want to be in the 85+% range.

3) Stack TA and STP, taking whatever you can get in bigger amounts

4) Tie break #3 with magic evasion

Then you make a DEX/WSD set for Rudra's, find yourself a GEO and BRD to always run with, and win the game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-04-26 20:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Does anyone have an updated and more or less functional spreadsheet? I was AFK for over a year and tried to use the one a few posts up, but it shows my rudra's set doing almost double the damage of my Mandalic set (I'm Using Vajra / Twashtar), which is wildly inaccurate. In practice, Rudra's only comes out ahead when I'm Super buffed and/ or need the skill chain properties.

Here's how you gear THF:

1) Hit delay cap. If magic haste is capped (44%) you need DW+11 or DW+6 with 550 JP.

2) Hit roughly acc cap. You don't NEED full cap, but always want to be in the 85+% range.

Then you make a DEX/WSD set for Rudra's, find yourself a GEO and BRD to always run with, and win the game.

I'm just looking for a quick dirty way to (for example) check if the WSD 4% aug. I get on my Herc gear (from my 10,000th fern stone) is gonna beat out the piece I'm currently using before I overwrite the TH2 augment it has on it for farming on my BLU, without having to spend a half an hour mathing it out in various scenarios.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-26 20:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Here's how you gear THF:

I'm just looking for a quick dirty way to (for example) check if the WSD 4% aug. I get on my Herc gear (from my 10,000th fern stone) is gonna beat out the piece I'm currently using before I overwrite the TH2 augment it has on it for farming on my BLU, without having to spend a half an hour mathing it out in various scenarios.

Just keep TH2, WSD5% is possible from Fern stones.
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-26 22:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If the piece of Herc is the gloves, then keep the TH2 and get Meghanada +2.
[+]
By Yandaime 2017-04-27 04:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just joined the Aeneas train.

Anyone have a GS code to not allow me to use Rides unless I'm at 1250+ TP.
I had a similar rule years ago in spellcast just not sure yet how to translate it. Just saves me the discomfort of keeping a close eye on the TP gauge is all.
By geigei 2017-04-27 06:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

^
Might aswell give away the account.
[+]
By Yandaime 2017-04-27 07:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
^
Might aswell give away the account.
Huh?

Lol are you talking about getting hacked?
My account isn't linked to this ffxiah profile.
Besides, people post "I just got this" pictures all the time and none of them have any troubles (at least nothing to hit headlines in a while)
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-04-27 09:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he means that if you can't be bothered to watch your TP gauge, you may as well give your account away to someone who can.

But I've been wrong before!
[+]
By Yandaime 2017-04-27 10:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol! Yes, I can watch it. It's just that when we're fully buffed, TP tends to instantly refill so I get to smashing the WS button. I just don't want to accidentally shoot off too early and waste potential damage.

I'm sure that I'll just get used to holding TP for a short second, but having a failsafe is preferred :D Just trying to take full advantage of things so I can stay fully efficient *Mad Scientist Laugh*
 Odin.Speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-04-27 10:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
...don't want to accidentally shoot off too early...
The name of your sex book.
[+]
By Yandaime 2017-04-27 11:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol!

Yeah man, gotta maintain control :D
 Odin.Taffy
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-04-28 07:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].Mod, {})--[[{hands="Pill. Armlets +3",})]]

Hi guys - can someone help me understand how to format this to make it work? And do I want to use +3 af hands over Meg+2 hands for stacked TA WS?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-04-28 08:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Moon Logic
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-04-28 08:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
And do I want to use +3 af hands over Meg+2 hands

You don't.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-04-28 09:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Taffy said: »
sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].Mod, {})--[[{hands="Pill. Armlets +3",})]]

Hi guys - can someone help me understand how to format this to make it work? And do I want to use +3 af hands over Meg+2 hands for stacked TA WS?

Try

sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS["Rudra's Storm"].Mod, {hands="Pill. Armlets +3"})
By Boshi 2017-04-28 10:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'] = {}
sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'].Mod set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'], {})
sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'].SA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'].Mod, {})
sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'].TA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'].Mod, {})
sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'].SATA = set_combine(sets.precast.WS['Rudra\'s Storm'].Mod, {})

This is how it's setup in the one I use (I think I used LadyofHonor's as a base after my hdd crashed)
Generally wen you want a set to be a combine it's = set_combine(previous set name, {gear=""})

Side note I don't think Pill.Armlets +3 beat Meghanda.
By Luthiene 2017-04-29 03:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got an Aeolian Edge, Evisceration, FC/Utsu and a Curing Waltz Set i can have a look at? Thanks.
 Asura.Raein
user: Raeinn
By Asura.Raein 2017-04-29 13:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get a Jugo Kukri for Salvage and began to wonder if the wind damage proc is higher on HQ than NQ, anyone know?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-01 06:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raein said: »
I'm trying to get a Jugo Kukri for Salvage and began to wonder if the wind damage proc is higher on HQ than NQ, anyone know?

99% certain it's the same proc on both.
[+]
By Boshi 2017-05-01 10:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
Anyone got an Aeolian Edge, Evisceration, FC/Utsu and a Curing Waltz Set i can have a look at? Thanks.
I've been meaning to post about this for a while:

Waltz
ItemSet 347016
This is the best possible Waltz set on thf atm.
Cape chr 30/mevaeva20/waltz10
BOTH herc pieces need a waltz11 fern aug for this set to reach exactly 50%.
Alternatives & slight downgrades ppl probably carry normally: mummu head,
enchanter's earring +1,
chaac belt
Because of non-ilvl head I personally sub in gold moogle belt to avoid some max hp drop.

Fast Cast
ItemSet 350961
herc fern magic fc+6, cape fc+10
if your Soa ring is Weatherspoon(+1) of course that is best
body: fc+5 (9 total) (if you have rdm or run you could just use a taeon body from phalanx)
belt can get a fc+1 aug, that's only belt option. Otherwise you can just use a ninurta's or a defensive belt.

Precast quick magic options: weatherspoon+1(soa) ring, lebeche ring, impatiens, veneficium ring
Precast flips for Utsusemi: Passion Jacket, Magora bead necklace
-Enif is fc8, if you want a ilvl alternative for midcast the best would be fc6 herc (you might already have these for ninja)

There's easier to get neck alternatives with 4fc like baetyl or voltsurge
note: (technically adhemar+1 body D path is fc10... but lol)

A.Edge
ItemSet 350960
Hachirin-no-obi for windday/wind weather.
Shiva+1 if different SOA ring.
novio earring at 3k tp, maybe ishvara? I can't get ishvara to win when I test it in-game.

Cape is int30/maccmdmg20/wsd10... however the typical thf dex30/wsd10 cape is a very strong option

Herc stuff is ideally (fern)wsd > matt > int > dex. Of these pieces head/feet/legs are extremely easy to make BIS, body and hands you need good augments because alternative options are solid.

There's more options for downgrades here here so I'll try to organize them a bit:
ammo: p.tathlum (yes seething+1 beats this)
neck: Sanctity
earring: so many matt downgrade ears to pick from
ring: i mean the sparks one isn't bad..
waist: if you can't get eschan: Salire belt (dirt cheap, & from easy nonilvl unity version of leaping lizzy)

Head: Highwing Helm (matt20 int18 dex22), Chimera Hairpin (wind.matt6)
Body: augSamnuha (matt35 macc38 int20 dex33), RawhideA (matt25 int32 dex45), baseSamnuha (matt20 macc23 int20 dex33), Lapidary Tunic (matt20 int23 dex32)
Hands: augLeyline (matt30 macc33 int12 dex35), PursuersB (matt20 int12 dex42), baseLeyline (matt15 macc18 int12 dex35), Nilas (matt15 int12 dex35)
Legs: Limbo (matt17 int30), Shneddick+1 (matt17 int28)
Feet: adhemar+1 (matt35 dex23+12 if a/b), adhemar nq (matt25 dex23+10 if a/b)

(Also I guess Taeon hands/legs are still strong options can get matt/macc15 or matt20 with wsd3... but that's such an incredible waste of time vs herc)
For head/feet base herc no augs will beat anything less than these besides a taeon aug

for the body parts I think a good way to look at is what what base herc pieces need to -match- the next best piece:
head: matt+10 dex+5 (super easy to beat, (unauged helm next best after ones I listed and taeon))
body: matt+35 macc+38 int-1 dex-1 (very hard to beat, you pretty much need to roll wsd with high matt/macc numbers)
hands: matt+30/macc+33 int-2 dex-4 (medium dificulty to beat)
legs: matt+17 int+1 (super easy to beat)
feet: matt+25 macc-10 dex+9 (easy to beat, unauged feet next best after ones I listed and taeon)
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2017-05-01 21:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

how well does Meg. Gloves +1/+2 fit into your AE sets?
By Boshi 2017-05-01 23:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
how well does Meg. Gloves +1/+2 fit into your AE sets?
Good question,
I went and tested it out on my favorite pre-soa spot on some warrior mobs to see.
I did all these a.edge at 3k with my normal dd weapons. I have 19wsd not counting hands/ear in my set (10cape 1feet 8head(dm))
For each pair of hands i did it with both novio and ishvara in place of moonshade earring

Leylin max
novio:7654 ishvara:7620

Meg+2
novio:7480 ishvara:7424

My Herculean (int7 macc25 matt19 wsd5)
novio:7802 ishvara:7750
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Server: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2017-05-11 14:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently decided to build a thf again. Been a few years since i was serious about thf. Just curious if anything is eva tanked while solo'ing on thf? I used to have sets for everything possible on thf, but now with the direction the game has gone over the years i'm not sure if every set is really required. thanks.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-05-12 01:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Evasion tanking has been dead for a while. It might be possible if you utilize BRD+GEO buffs and such, but you can more easily utilize a DT set and wilt/minne and be just as, if not more, effective.
[+]
By Shazu 2017-05-14 12:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the top daggers nowadays?

Is skinflayer/shijo any good?

Is Mandau better?
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2017-05-14 14:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mandau is trap dont waste your time on it. Twash offhand. Main Aeonic and some like mythic. I still think a good Taming saris are very good as well. Shijo is nice as well still.
By Shazu 2017-05-14 18:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cicion said: »
Mandau is trap dont waste your time on it. Twash offhand. Main Aeonic and some like mythic. I still think a good Taming saris are very good as well. Shijo is nice as well still.

Already have the Mandau. I'm wondering if it's better than Skinflayer/Shijo combo, because it seems like it's not.
By Boshi 2017-05-14 18:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

269 mandau is still better than non-rema optinos, 242 mandau is useless.

If you don't have a twashtar to dual-rema your best offhand option is probably shijo.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-05-14 18:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

non-ream then is taming/shijo which path?
 Odin.Speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-05-14 20:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I rock Aeneas/perfect Sari. What sort of augs on Skinflayer would beat it?
First Page 2 3 ... 155 156 157 ... 262 263 264