For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-24 21:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Audacity said: »
Which augment path is best for Lustratio? And are any of the pieces other than Legs and Feet worth going for?

Which as Ihina said makes it B for legs, D for feet. B path also makes it a pretty awesome evisceration piece for the legs.
 Phoenix.Audacity
Server: Phoenix
user: Crumpet
By Phoenix.Audacity 2017-03-25 14:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you :)
 Phoenix.Tigertail
Server: Phoenix
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2017-04-02 14:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Luthiene said: »
Are these still the most up to date sets?

Toss in Regal Ring over Ramuh/Garuda+1 in those sets and basically. Only thing missing would be a higher ACC tp set, which I'd consider something like this:

ItemSet 350088

OOO looks like I'm gonna have to beg to go thf to Omen at some point! :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-04-04 04:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there something I'm missing? As far as I know skulker's+1 is entirely inferior to a max aug dampening tam.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 05:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Is there something I'm missing? As far as I know skulker's+1 is entirely inferior to a max aug dampening tam.

Magic evasion. Also entirely inferior isn't really fair. QA3 vs TA4 is a wash, and it's only a few accuracy difference (of which I'm basically always capped these days).
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-04-04 05:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That just drags you to a herc helm which is now obtainable in a somewhat short time thanks to MAGA and probably costing less gil for the stones if you don't have a stockpile already than buying the defiant sweat.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 05:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That just drags you to a herc helm which is now obtainable in a somewhat short time thanks to MAGA and probably costing less gil for the stones if you don't have a stockpile already than buying the defiant sweat.

Sure, if you think you won't be playing whenever they get to making Empyrean+3. For me I had that helm from when Vagary came out, as it was by far our best piece of the set.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-04-04 05:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Herculean Helm is 5 DEX and 32 accuracy behind Skulker's, but gains 2 STR and 15 attack for the situations when attack matters. There is no doubt in my mind that you could get an augment on Herculean to surpass it with enough luck and persistence, or you could choose the guaranteed option of Skulker's. Guarantee or RNG; those are your choices.

And yeah, +3 Skulker's will be absolutely disgusting.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 05:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Luck and Persistence being key here. To get the TA+4 you need to use Fern currently 100k/stack. Defiant sweat is 1.6mil. You have 16 stacks to beat it for it to be cheaper to just make a herc helm. I haven't utilized MAGA yet, but manually I don't see TA+4 often enough to think I absolutely will manage a TA+4 with high acc in that time frame. Granted the accuracy isn't that important either most of the time, so there's that...
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-04-04 06:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, if you think you won't be playing whenever they get to making Empyrean+3. For me I had that helm from when Vagary came out, as it was by far our best piece of the set.

That's an entirely separate issue which applies to every other item in the set and wont count towards anything for a long time. It seems like a bad idea to recommend people wear weaker and harder to get gear for their sets when they aren't going to be accuracy capped during the farming process. They actually need the accuracy still.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 06:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That's an entirely separate issue which applies to every other item in the set and wont count towards anything for a long time. It seems like a bad idea to recommend people wear weaker and harder to get gear for their sets when they aren't going to be accuracy capped during the farming process. They actually need the accuracy still.

Almost any fight where you're hurting for accuracy you're also going to be hurting for magic evasion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-04-04 12:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaving aside that until X amount of months of omen farming for the +3 they won't have the required tier of meva for that extra 16 meva to do anything or a whm/brd/gear doing even 35ish less meva will halve the potency of the their extra meva in the head slot (assuming they had landed on exactly enough meva to cap rate from what the wiki says) they still have herc helm OR the chance to get MORE MEVA via Adhemar bonnet +1 with crit+dmg as superior options for the next year at minimum.
From a DD standpoint it's not even in the top 3. From an meva in your tp gear standpoint it's still weaker than at least two options and you can be shoving herc helms into the DM augment lotto this month. (i'd probably prioritize other herc gear for that lotto personally)
From a stacking meva standpoint just for the ja/spell it's below ambuscade gear. It's not an option that should be recommended until +2/+3 comes out at all.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-04 14:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The "required tier" for meva varies drastically based on what content you're doing, you don't need the AF+3 to hit that required tier on everything.

Herc helm can be more costly than Empy+1, pretty easily so. Adhemar Bonnet+1 is absolutely more costly and less accuracy. I've also never gotten a really good DD augment from DM, so thinking you can just toss the 6 daily DM's and manage a helm better is pretty far-fetched. What I will concede is that for me I should probably go back to Adhemar Bonnet+1, since I'm overcapping on accuracy everywhere.

If you want to toss potentially MILLIONS of gil at fern stones to make a herc helm that will get replaced down the line, you can go all for it. That doesn't mean it's necessarily the choice everyone is going to take, though. I mean even the hate stealing aspect of the Empyrean hat is useful now with Omen's Target move.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-04-04 15:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ Adhemar Bonnet is easily 200-250M, at the least. High accuracy and 4TA Herculean can take anywhere from 1 stone to thousands. Skulker's Bonnet isn't even 2m. And the last two have a performance difference of utterly minuscule levels.

I have no idea where you're getting the notion that Skulker's isn't in the top 3 of choices. It's an exceptional piece, even now, and one of the best choices until HQ Adhemar Bonnet for that extra crit damage.
[+]
By sudsi 2017-04-04 20:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Meghanada Chausses +2

Anyone know if they actually removed the EVA and MEVA or if it is just a typo?
By Boshi 2017-04-06 00:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asked my same friend rajang,

He said in jp version they have eva41 meva69 listed
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-04-06 00:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

RE: the previous page.

I'm riding the Aeneas train now. Y'all were right. I was wrong.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-04-06 12:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still riding both, depending on circumstance.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2017-04-09 03:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Asked my same friend rajang,

He said in jp version they have eva41 meva69 listed

You can just switch to JP version of FFXIAH and see the stats in JP .
By Luthiene 2017-04-13 13:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In the rare occasions that we do SA/TA without a WS, what kind of stats do you focus on? Obviously DEX and AGI for SA/TA respectively, but DW used to be a thing too before (to hit faster), does the same still apply?

If anyone has a gearset they can post, that would be great too!
By Boshi 2017-04-13 13:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh
TH+5> Relic legs if feint active> critdmg> dex(sa) agi(ta) > str attack
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-04-13 13:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

TH+.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-04-13 14:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

DW used to be a thing too before (to hit faster), does the same still apply?

That was way back in the day when solo SA/TA was still viable for damage. Considering how fast we (should) gain tp in events that matter now, that model is now obsolete.

And to answer your question, you have to tell us why you're solo SA/TA'ing. Different reasons call for different gear sets.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-13 15:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In the rare occasions that we do SA/TA without a WS, what kind of stats do you focus on? Obviously DEX and AGI for SA/TA respectively, but DW used to be a thing too before (to hit faster), does the same still apply?

If anyone has a gearset they can post, that would be great too!

The only scenario in which I would SA/TA without a WS is to complete the 2k auto-attack objective in Omen. It's otherwise such a massive loss in damage I would not care how much damage it does.
[+]
By Luthiene 2017-04-13 18:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
used to be a thing too before (to hit faster), does the same still apply?

That was way back in the day when solo SA/TA was still viable for damage. Considering how fast we (should) gain tp in events that matter now, that model is now obsolete.

And to answer your question, you have to tell us why you're solo SA/TA'ing. Different reasons call for different gear sets.

For Building TH I guess. Possibly also for the Omen objective LadyofHonor mentioned. Also, any evisceration sets?
[+]
By Luthiene 2017-04-14 17:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone explain the difference between Magic Evasion, Magic Defense Bonus and Magic Damage Taken?
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-04-14 20:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone explain the difference between Magic Evasion, Magic Defense Bonus and Magic Damage Taken?

MDT is pretty straight-forward; it's just a percent reduction in the damage you would otherwise take from a magical attack. You can't go over 50% unless you're a PLD with an aegis.

MDB is just a variable in the equation that decides how much damage a mob's magic attack will do to you (the mob's MAB versus your MDB). It's nice to have, but not as effective as MDT, unless you've already capped the latter.

Meva is similarly a variable in the equation that decides how much damage or likelihood for a spell to land if cast against you (the mob's macc versus your meva). It allows you to partially or wholey resist some spells, especially debuff moves. BG explains it better. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Evasion
[+]
By Yandaime 2017-04-19 04:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So had someone ask to keep my sets updated, I updated to what I think is BiS for certain situations:

Low acc TP:

ItemSet 344092

Let me know if I missed anything.

Are these still the most up to date sets?

Looking at the TP set, there's hardly any DW in there other than the body? Or do you have a DW Augment on the cape? Or is capping DW not ideal vs Store TP now?

**Edit**

Nevermind, did the math.
200 DEL + 176 DEL weapons = 376 DEL (Aeneas + Twashtsr is one example)
25 DW from Native Traits + 5 DW from gifts + 5/6 from Adhemar Body = 35/36% = 240.64 DEL
25% Gear Haste + 43.75% Magic Haste = 68.75% Total = 75.2 DEL which is the EXACT cap for a 200 + 176 weapon combo.

With capped JP, only need Adhemar Body then we're free to rock out on Store TP; the rest is up to buffs.

Good to know in my case. I've been keeping my WS sets updated minus Omen but I still had DW pieces like Patentia Sash lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-04-22 18:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an updated and more or less functional spreadsheet? I was AFK for over a year and tried to use the one a few posts up, but it shows my rudra's set doing almost double the damage of my Mandalic set (I'm Using Vajra / Twashtar), which is wildly inaccurate. In practice, Rudra's only comes out ahead when I'm Super buffed and/ or need the skill chain properties.
First Page 2 3 ... 154 155 156 ... 262 263 264