user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-04-05 07:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Darvamos said: »
Asura.Hopefulki said: »
Not quite; a fully upgraded DRK cape on a stream is:

20DEX 20ACC 20ATK 10DoubleAttack
So what SE meant is one per catagory then sweet. Actually that still doesn't make sense though cause both acc and att are from same aug item wtf.

Acc/att are the same augment, so there's nothing confusing here. The choices are acc/att, racc/ratt, macc/mdmg, eva/meva.
Ah yea your right they are totally forgot the list already.
 Asura.Hopefulki
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: hopefulki
By Asura.Hopefulki 2016-04-05 07:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I would rather have a WS back since we have great TP back options:

20 DEX 20ACC/20ATT 10WSD looks pretty solid
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2016-04-05 07:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You can have multiable of the same cape so. tp and ws
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-05 07:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hopefulki said: »
I think I would rather have a WS back since we have great TP back options:

20 DEX 20ACC/20ATT 10WSD looks pretty solid

Yeah but THF has a much lower cap on ACC than other jobs and 20 DEX/20 ACC makes it the best back for ACC. So I'm a bit torn. I'm thinking of doing crit dmg since that should work same as WSD for stacked WS, will buff evisceration, and will have some effect on damage gained while TPing. But man I'd really love STP+10 there...

Asura.Darvamos said: »
You can have multiable of the same cape so. tp and ws

Nope, NPC only gives you one this month. Says it in the text.
 Asura.Hopefulki
user: hopefulki
By Asura.Hopefulki 2016-04-05 07:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As it stands, you can only have 1. Maybe it's 1 per month, no one knows yet, but so far only 1.

EDIT: STP would be pretty wonderful
 Fenrir.Soily
Server: Fenrir
user: Soily
By Fenrir.Soily 2016-04-05 14:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I'm thinking of doing crit dmg since that should work same as WSD for stacked WS, will buff evisceration, and will have some effect on damage gained while TPing.

Ok so... The update notes talk about Critical Hit DAMAGE+. However when you trade your cape and a sap to the Taru, he talks about Critical Hit RATE+, not damage...

So, where is the mistake? On the update notes (most likely) or in game ?

And if the update notes are correct and it is indeed Crit Damage+, what is better for stacked WS ? Crit damage+ or WS damage+ ?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-04-05 14:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

WS damage is better, since we have less of that.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-05 20:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems to be crit rate and patch notes were wrong. I'm thinking crit rate will be my choice as it'll still be best WS piece and goddamn if 10% crit rate for meleeing wouldn't be hot as well. Once we can have multiple I'll make a STP and WSD copies.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-04-06 02:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I had my doubts at first, but +triple attack damage really is +x%. My Sneak Attack on lv0 went from 4.8-5k to 6k with assassin's charge.

I can't get it to show up on WSs though. Maybe it doesn't work with WSs or something.

Without

With assassin's charge

Considering how huge the gap was between with and without for regular SA is, it's kind of hard to avoid concluding that triple attack damage does squat for WSs.

Not all bad news. +20% damage on 40-50% of our swings isn't too bad.

edit: I should probably mention that I was testing the new back with the triple attack damage+20
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-04-13 13:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if it's only applied to the D term of the weaponskill and fTP isn't applied to it. Seems like more testing is needed.
By Linxe 2016-04-17 16:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed that theres been a few requests for an Updated Gearswap Lua for thf, as I struggled to find one myself.. so I've set about creating my own and hopefully you guys will find it usefull too.

you'll find it here.. Gearswap Lua's

I play THF for farming purposes only and I dont Claim to be the worlds greatest at the job, i'm sure there are a few things i'm missing or havent updated but it suits my needs.

Theres a few personal Keybinds you may want to remove, I've added haste sets based upon Magic haste recieved / DW etc ranging from 5-40% to max haste

Its seems pretty bug free but feel free to let me know if theres something I've missed.

Hope it helps people out.

~Linxe
By geigei 2016-04-17 16:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks good, gonna try it.
By Linxe 2016-04-17 16:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Looks good, gonna try it.

Thanks Geigei,

lemme know how it goes buddy ^^

~Linxe
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2016-04-18 09:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've recently returned to the game, and I'm trying to get my footing as far as how I should build out my sets. I left right as Alluvion Skirmish was coming out. I've already started on TP, the first thing I did was get a Rawhide Vest. Yesterday I lucked into Taeon Tights and the very first stone I used gave me Dual Wield +5. Here is my set right now, but I could use some direction as far as what to focus on (Daggers is kind of easy, as soon as I can I'll get a Taming Sari and a Shijo). Note, I mostly solo, with at most a Haste II trust.

ItemSet 343261

Total Dual Wield: 22%
Augs:
Leisilonu +2: +7DMG, 1% TA, +5 DEX
Rawhide Vest: Path D R15
Canny: +4 DEX/AGI Dual Wield+2
Taeon: Dual Wield+5

I also, finally got off my butt and got Rudra's Storm. Here is my current set, but I could use some advice here too.

Solo Rudras
ItemSet 343262

SA Rudras
ItemSet 343265

Augs:
Moonshade: +4 Atk TP Bonus 250
Toutasis's: +20 DEX +20 atk/acc WS Dmg +10%
Manibozho: Path A R14

One of my questions is whether I should be using Shadow Belt and Gorget for Rudras. I have a Windbuffet +1 that I could put in, or even Cuchulains, the waist slot. Don't really have anything good for neck, maybe Moepapa Necklace.

Edit: I literally just realized that Toutasis is Triple Attack +20, not Trick Attack +20
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2016-04-18 11:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Edit: I literally just realized that Toutasis is Triple Attack +20, not Trick Attack +20

It's triple attack damage +20%, not to be confused with triple attack rate (your wording implies that even if it's unintended).

I'm almost done with mine. 20 dex, 20 acc/atk, 10% Weaponskill damage. It's amazing. If next month we can't get another I'll just fulltime it. If we can get another I'm totally building a crit rate piece for tp phase, but I'm torn with the base stat choice. Would I want to stick with 20 dex and keep the accuracy, or consider 20 strength instead. I can hit 1240 accuracy without assistance as is. Do I need that 15 points of accuracy? And I have no clue how to gauge the difference in dDex versus flat out white damage 20 more strength would give.

Also I can't wait to see the new Skadi's attire reskin. That Sulevia's set is beautiful. If they hold true to form the Skadi +1 body and legs are almost guaranteed to be best in slot TP pieces (body likely weaponskill too), hands will "probably" take the BIS weaponskill piece and feet will probably be 24% movement speed with crap stats (I'd take it). Head's a bit of a toss up but I'm predicting a BIS WS piece with with either crit or weaponskill damage +5 + on NQ and +6 on hq with an overload on dex and possibly attack. I'll be interested to see how well I called that when they actually release it.

I really hope next month they add either the new Skadi's or the new Morrigan's, but with how my luck's been lately it'll be Marduk.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-18 12:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive the ignorant question, but why does SA have a separate WS set?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2016-04-18 12:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I swap in gear that gives bonuses to crit damage when I have SA and TA active. So Pillager's Bonnet, Plunderer's Vest +1, and Pillager's Legs. I haven't been doing Rudras long enough to examine if those provide more benefit than just leaving the pieces with more dex/atk on them or not.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-18 14:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, I'd suggest incorporating a BRD into your trusts to make up your missing magic haste. That will allow you to drop some DW in favor of more offensive stats. You'd need 11 instead of 31 if you were getting two trust marches.

Drop the gorgets for Rudra's, as they provide very very minimal benefit. Your goal would probably be shifting +1, but Caro Necklace is also very good. Artful belt +1 is excellent, as is Wanion, and even Grunfeld Rope.

Drop Epona's in favor of a DEX ring for Rudra's or, if you used your Adoulin ring choice on it, Karieyh. Ishvara earring will beat out Brutal. Work towards dropping the boomerang, as that will allow you to use ammo and swap without TP loss.

One of the biggest boosts to Rudra's damage you're going to find is lustratio subligar. Absurdly high DEX and a good chunk of attack, as well. For TP, Samnuha Tights are just about the best you can use in your leg slot.

This isn't everything you can improve on, just some stuff to aim for.

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I'm almost done with mine. 20 dex, 20 acc/atk, 10% Weaponskill damage. It's amazing. If next month we can't get another I'll just fulltime it. If we can get another I'm totally building a crit rate piece for tp phase, but I'm torn with the base stat choice. Would I want to stick with 20 dex and keep the accuracy, or consider 20 strength instead. I can hit 1240 accuracy without assistance as is. Do I need that 15 points of accuracy? And I have no clue how to gauge the difference in dDex versus flat out white damage 20 more strength would give.

There was a similar discussion on the NIN forums that found the DEX was an overall improvement on TP phase damage. Also, doing DEX/acc/atk/Crit is absurdly good for Evisceration.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-04-18 15:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done the math yet but I am leaning towards Store TP over critical hit rate for a TP phase Ambuscade cape.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2016-04-18 15:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Firstly, I'd suggest incorporating a BRD into your trusts to make up your missing magic haste. That will allow you to drop some DW in favor of more offensive stats. You'd need 11 instead of 31 if you were getting two trust marches.

Does Ulmia fill this roll? I've stopped using her because I could never consistently get marches from her. Once my other trusts would get low on MP she would do ballads.

Joachim never seemed to cast his one March on me, ever.

For Rudra's I'll go ahead and swap in Moepapa Medal and Cuchulain's Belt for now until I can get the others. Is the general idea that you are just focusing on the massive big hit on Rudra's so get rid of DA and TA in favor of more damage?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-18 15:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, BRD trusts are pretty damn stupid, so you'll eventually be stuck with Ballads, but for the first good chunk of a fight you'll be getting marches. I use Ulmia because Joachim never uses dual marches and gives me paeons the second my HP dips below 97%.

Yeah, Rudra's is all about DEX, atk, WSD, and, if using SA or TA, crit hit damage. Multi attacks on it contribute a very minuscule amount.
 Sylph.Frenchman
user: frenchman
By Sylph.Frenchman 2016-04-18 16:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Fotia Belt/gorget be pretty good then?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-18 16:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I haven't done the math yet but I am leaning towards Store TP over critical hit rate for a TP phase Ambuscade cape.

For TP you're absolutely right. I chose crit hit rate this time around as a middle ground. Until THF gets access to more +acc I mostly use it farming easier content anyway so perfect DD isn't totally necessary, and crits are fun.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-18 16:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Frenchman said: »

No, Fotia is almost useless for high fTP WS. Rudra's Storm at 2k TP has a 10.19 fTP mod. Fotia neck would make this 10.29, which is very, very little. Pretty much the only dagger WS Fotia is good for is evisceration.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-18 17:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Frenchman said: »

They aren't horrible but the fTP on Rudra's is high enough that boosting it is marginalized relative to boosting base damage/attack. Assuming you're effectively going at around 2000% TP, Fotia gorget/belt only boosts damage by about 2% (less if the offhand hit lands). To put that into perspective, Fotia boosts CDC by about 9% and Evisceration by about 16%.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2016-04-18 17:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

After doing some really basic (as in, with approximate numbers on my set) math here is a general idea of how it works out. If I don't change my set except to swap out the Shadow belt/gorget with Moepapa Medal and Cuchulain's Belt.

I forgot to factor in STR bonus, so numbers are wrong, but at 1000 TP, Gorget/Belt slightly win, but at higher TP amounts, the medal/belt win. Damage bonus on belt/gorget only applies to first hit of Rudra's, so any extra hits the others perform better.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-18 17:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
After doing some really basic (as in, with approximate numbers on my set) math here is a general idea of how it works out. If I don't change my set except to swap out the Shadow belt/gorget with Moepapa Medal and Cuchulain's Belt.

I forgot to factor in STR bonus, so numbers are wrong, but at 1000 TP, Gorget/Belt slightly win, but at higher TP amounts, the medal/belt win. Damage bonus on belt/gorget only applies to first hit of Rudra's, so any extra hits the others perform better.

You should have Moonshade earring with TP bonus, so there's really no such thing as a 1k TP WS. And that'll make a "1k TP" Rudra's have an fTP between 6.5-7.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-18 17:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caro Necklace and Grunfeld Rope are both pretty obtainable.
By Linxe 2016-04-19 01:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to expand on what Oraen said..

native Dual wield Trait = 25%
JP Gift if applicable = 5%
Equipment Haste = 25% cap
Total 55%

DW required 25 to cap

if you add 15.7 that Ulmia/Joachim March x 2 gives you that leaves 9.3% to find in terms of DW befor you hit delay cap 80% (if you dont have JP gift yet then you will need 14.3% DW befor cap providing you've met the other factors.

~Linxe
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-04-19 02:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Linxe said: »

Just to expand on what Oraen said..

native Dual wield Trait = 25%
JP Gift if applicable = 5%
Equipment Haste = 25% cap
Total 55%

DW required 25 to cap

if you add 15.7 that Ulmia/Joachim March x 2 gives you that leaves 9.3% to find in terms of DW befor you hit delay cap 80% (if you dont have JP gift yet then you will need 14.3% DW befor cap providing you've met the other factors.

~Linxe

Unfortunately it's not that simple. The delay cap is 80%, you are correct, but the formula is not so simple to add things up to 80%.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Attack_speed

The formula for attack delay is:

(1 - DW rate) * (1024 - Haste effects) / 1024

As an example:

1 - 30% (DW3 trait + 5% gift) = 0.7

1024 - 300 (haste 2) - 256 (26% equipment haste) - 148 (marches, which hits cap because of magic haste cap) = 320

0.7 * 320 / 1024 = 0.21875

This means you have 1- 0.21875 = 78.125% delay reduction.

Add DW6 to this, which makes is 0.64 * 320 / 1024 and you get 0.2. Which is the delay cap perfectly.
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 262 263 264