For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 262 263 264
 Asura.Raitoken
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2015-04-10 00:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the ideal TP set and Rudra's WS set now a days. I just came back and sadly missed the boat on the OP'ness that thf was for the past little while. I currently am rocking an Odium and Rhadamanthus from Vagary.

I've been trying to follow the guide at the start but it is rather outdated now we have reforged emp/unity/vagary items. Anyone have a set they are using they could share?
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-04-10 01:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raitoken said: »
Whats the ideal TP set and Rudra's WS set now a days. I just came back and sadly missed the boat on the OP'ness that thf was for the past little while. I currently am rocking an Odium and Rhadamanthus from Vagary.

I've been trying to follow the guide at the start but it is rather outdated now we have reforged emp/unity/vagary items. Anyone have a set they are using they could share?

Think you mean sets...

Since theres a big difference wheater you wanna:
Rudras Storm
SA Rudras Storm
or SATA Rudras Storm
By defu 2015-04-10 06:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Raitoken said: »

Would be interested in this also...I'm assuming the guide isn't going to be updated anytime soon.
 Cerberus.Warviper
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-04-10 07:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides who cares about THF anymore...

Get on the SCH / BLM Bandwagon before they get nerfed!!!
 Shiva.Jiib
Server: Shiva
user: jiibjiib
By Shiva.Jiib 2015-04-15 14:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odium drops from the level 132 boss in Vagary named Plouton. He is rather difficult to spawn and you must have the KI for the 132 boss to even spawn him. The drop rate isn't horrid but spawning him can be. If one person in the party dies at all during the run or during the fight he warps. On a few occasions while I was tanking on PLD the THF would run in and get killed causing him to start casting warp. We have seen about 3-4 daggers since Vagary came out of which I got one. You can also get some pretty nice drops from the level 130 boss Perfidien. I have a rather nice selection of daggers with Odium, Mandau, Iz, Jugo +1, Atoyac with OAT, Rahadamanthus and in just over a week Vajra. I will have to figure out the best combination but with Vajra AM3 at 3k TP its rather fun to see a THF hundred fist with daggers. Just an FYI Odium "death" prock on normal mobs appears to be about the same as twilight scythe. Unless you have a linkshell that is competent enough to do high end incursion I don't think you will see an Odium or Rahad any time soon. The process of popping the bosses involves many multipart skillchains/magic bursts/magic kills all in a specific dammage range and timed with multiple people. GL getting a PUG group to do this propperly >_<. The art of skillchains and bursting is all but lost now days....
If you are on Shiva and would like to buy any of the Vagary items send myself or Zoeyz a tell for purchase information.

Here pics of the Vagary Bosses.

Plouton - https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p2wvkn3598e17x/Plouton.jpg?dl=0

Perfidien - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nrj5qq3fjth7ac/Perfidien.jpg?dl=0
By TheRealGoat 2015-04-15 14:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Did someone say Odium?
Wanna buy 1, send me a tell in game for price.
We will get you hooked up good.
Wonderousgoat Asura

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Boshi 2015-04-16 09:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was quite a noticeable difference. However, with the nerfs to Rudra, it's possible that the lower base damage on Mandau is less of a hindrance now that it's not used nearly as much. But I haven't run anything through the spreadsheet since the patch.

Not really a reliable answer since you're basing it on OP rudra days and he's asking about change since nerf.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-16 10:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason Mandau fell behind was the Dex boost on Izhi made it so damn OP. Now that Rudra isn't broken, Mandau doesn't fall as far behind.

No point in try-harding now, *** the spread sheets use Mandau, it's shiney.
By lhova 2015-04-18 14:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ANy thoughts on duo Ipetam's? Currently using one and Jugo +1. Odium seems a little gimicky to me but not sure.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-04-22 09:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Both daggers are only "so so" for thf due to their lower dagger skill and damage compared to other alternatives.

Edit: As for TA build, since I haven't seen many item sets being posted lately, and not considering possible Stp pieces overtaking other options, I tossed this rq.

ItemSet 334864

Consider it a bump, rather than a math backed, e-peen approved and noob compatible set.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-04-24 12:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

just back from a long break so sorry if this is a dumb question, but wouldnt plunderer's poulaines +1 go good in that set, or would taeon feet still be better?
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-04-25 04:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

plunderer's poulaines +1 VS taeon boots is a match strongly tied to the kind of activity and buffs scenario you are in. Given the versatility of Taeon boots with the additional augments, I would find it hard to stick with Plunderer's Plaines +1.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-25 04:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste/dw stats normally have more contribution than others.

Aside a situation where haste samba is being applied, whats rare due to /dnc not being popular in high lv event and dnc itself isnt common also, thf wont be capping attack delay reduction even with fully gear + magic haste, requiring dw+11 to cap that. That said, taeon feet is amazing as you can have a dw+9 with augments, so you just need more 2 dw, that can come from cape, that normally is the best in slot anyway.

Aside that, taeon has potential to att+acc without sacrifices so thats also favorable to taeon over plunderer.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-04-29 13:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

Almost there, just short one peice.

Any ideas for ruda's ws set? Are they even worth making given the high stats of current pieces?
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-04-29 18:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For a returning player looking to play THF.
(Quit a week or two after Seeker's release)

Can anyone give some up to date starting sets for TP?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-11 19:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Reluctant to drop gil on +2 stones for accuracy/attack on Taeon. How effective are the +2 stones vs. other stones?
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2015-05-20 05:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Reluctant to drop gil on +2 stones for accuracy/attack on Taeon. How effective are the +2 stones vs. other stones?

Well, someone was marking the +1's up by more than 40k so I chose to buy a +2. First +2 gave me 20acc/att. #lucky

Got a question for people though. Got my taeon tights finally, TA/acc/att augments, but the final dusk slot. Crit damage? Str/dex? I'm thinking I'll opt for cheaper as I doubt there's much difference between the two, but wondering if it's been mathed out.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dab
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: deezydabs
By Quetzalcoatl.Dab 2015-05-20 05:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

TA or Dual wield on Taeon?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-20 06:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends entirely on what buffs you're receiving and what content you're doing. In true solo situations (dynamis and salvage), you want quite a lot of DW in order to cap delay reduction. I'll edit this with the exact number in a little.

For party play, you will only need 11 additional DW when you have capped magic haste to cap delay reduction, so in situations like that, triple attack is much better.

Personally, I would suggest building two sets of Taeon to fit your needs.
By Ulthakptah 2015-05-20 10:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Only need 6 dw if you have 550 job points on thf.

Enforcer's harness looks pretty nice. I don't know what drops it yet, but looks like best in slot for all weaponskills stacked or unstacked.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-20 11:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »
Got a question for people though. Got my taeon tights finally, TA/acc/att augments, but the final dusk slot. Crit damage? Str/dex? I'm thinking I'll opt for cheaper as I doubt there's much difference between the two, but wondering if it's been mathed out.

If you're focusing on THF-only for augments, Crit dmg should be ideal, but keep in mind it may not be best for other jobs. In any case though, any of the good DD Dusk augs are gonna be fine.

Honestly, my strategy for dusk slot on armor has been to keep the first decent DD augment I get from: STR, DEX, STR/DEX, Crit. My reasoning is that it seems fairly likely we'll get a final phase of Alluvion Skirmish (Outer Raz), with Dusk stones as the more "common" drop (like Leaf = Yorcia, Snow = Cirdas/Rala). So I'm looking more at optimizing later, and spending my gil and time now on perfecting leaf/snow augs on all of my Alluvion gear.

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Depends entirely on what buffs you're receiving and what content you're doing. In true solo situations (dynamis and salvage), you want quite a lot of DW in order to cap delay reduction. I'll edit this with the exact number in a little.

For party play, you will only need 11 additional DW when you have capped magic haste to cap delay reduction, so in situations like that, triple attack is much better.

Personally, I would suggest building two sets of Taeon to fit your needs.

Also worth a reminder that Taeon Boots have base DW+4% (regardless of augment), so reduces the need for additional DW gear even more.

For true solo stuff with no trusts or other players, THF needs DW+49 from gear (and gift) to reach capped delay reduction. No haste or marches needed, but since it's such a large amount of haste it does require some DW augmented Taeon pieces.

I agree with the suggestion of building two sets of Taeon to fit your needs, but if you use any non-THF Taeon jobs or use THF in parties/with buffs often, I'd definitely prioritize TA. Only case I'd say to go for DW first is if you use THF almost exclusively for solo farming Salvage/Dyna, and don't care about other Taeon jobs.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-20 12:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

From my calculations, in nearly all situations, STR/DEX+7 is the ideal augment for Taeon's dusk slot, regardless of whether you're meleeing or WSing. The only time it loses to different augments, the difference is negligible. Crit Damage always comes behind WS Damage, also.

When looking for stacked WSs, most piece of AF and some relic/empyrean have the edge due to the much higher DEX and crit bonuses.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-05-20 13:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they had done a better job with empy, it had real potential to be a good tp set. If only the bonnet wasn't the only part with ta.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-05-20 14:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So just came back after a 2 months break. Quick question, which empy pieces are needed to be upgraded to 109 (to make them 119 later). Thanks for replies!
By Ulthakptah 2015-05-20 15:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Upgrading to 109 is easy enough. I'm not sure what you are asking, but if you mean what pieces are worth making 119, I would say head, and maybe hands. Head has best ta with +4% not to mention a boat load of acc. Hands aren't best for tp, but they would give the set bonus, which doesn't seem that good so you may be better off with taeon instead.

The feet are good to 109 though because they get more TH which lets you store the Chaac belt for inventory +1.

All in all empy was a bust, but you might as well 109 any parts you carry. If you manage to get a vagary clear 119 the head, and the feet don't hurt either since they are still used for TH anyway.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 262 263 264