Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Blu Itzpapalotl solo
Blu Itzpapalotl solo
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2013-03-08 03:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard that blu can solo Itz using a Regurgitation spell spam. What is the strategy exactly and what would be the proper subjob and atmas to use?
 Asura.Tarquine
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tarquine 2013-03-08 03:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Been a long time since i've done it, but set for MAB.

Apoc for RR in case it goes wrong.

MM for refresh

Another MAB atma.

Regurgitation is basically bind + dmg.

Spam it, and keep your distance.

Any +movement gear is a plus, dont let it get near you.
MDef spells, cures, and fast cast spells are what I would set. Keep a stun or two in case it gets close.

Probably go /NIN for shadows.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-08 06:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't need to kite it at 99, just bring an evasion set and use magic barrier. Kill the campa near his spawn before you pop him and bring it to a safe area like the spot going towards Tunga.
By itchi508 2013-03-08 06:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu/Rdm. Iv solod itz and all 3 KI NMs alot for my Twash & Ukon along with friends weapons. As also i use to CW farm chigs with RR VV MM making it possible to still 1shot chigs and even solo tunga in the same pull. also can do itz and or the other NMs without changing atmas, for itz jus make a good MD set, keep barfire, regen occulation, phalanx up, turn when your suppost to and stun wut u can (kite if needed) or (regurgitation run convert rebuff etc saefley) also giving you time for CA to come back. Could sub VV for Apoc for saftey and kite if u die. I personaly want the extra dmg output & use RR earing with a scroll and reraisers on hand incase. Its acually very easy fight. With a good selection of temps its brainless easy. when u go to pop him obv stalwarts, ascetics, etc (could fools if you wanna zerg from start w/o having to stun) Stun then CA CdC amorphic darkness takes alot out of him then pop 1hr > Efflux > Quadstrike and jus lay into em from there with stuns as needed, should be at 40% or less after 1hr wears wich you'll have CA ready again shortly. Goodluck to you ^
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-08 07:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
You shouldn't need to kite it at 99, just bring an evasion set and use magic barrier. Kill the campa near his spawn before you pop him and bring it to a safe area like the spot going towards Tunga.

I've actually been able to fight him inside the little nook behind where he spawns without any campas linking if you're too lazy to drag it far away.

Fighting him on BLU is great; you can build lights when you enter (I like to amber the treants), whisker cleave for the pop at chigoes, kill him, rinse, repeat. Don't need to worry about competition for Amun and such.
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2013-03-09 03:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the tips. I'm considering going /blm or /drk to stun firaga IV if Regurg is down. One more thing, what's the average time for blu to solo it? Just want to make sure I have enough Abyssea time and won't time out.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-09 04:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can kill him in a fraction of the time by straight up meleeing and not have to worry about timing out.
 Phoenix.Kinghippo
By Phoenix.Kinghippo 2013-03-10 00:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pleebo, I remember you when I was in Cerb. Anyways, just solo'ed it. Got in red a few times, because of poorly timed spell usage which allowed for a few -aga IV's. Took me around 30 minutes. Thanks again for all the tips!
[+]