Scream Fungus?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Gathering » Gardening » Scream Fungus?
Scream Fungus?
 Bismarck.Aleous
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aleous
By Bismarck.Aleous 2013-03-02 17:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm new to the gardening scene and just wanted to ask some with more experience a question. I just harvested 20 vegetable seed plants(12 Brass/8 Porcelain), planted on lightsday, checked once every darksday daily, fed dark crystal on darksday, harvested on darksday, Moon at planting and harvesting was around 70-78% so WXG I think(sorry can't quite remember).I ended up with 8 screaming fungus out of 20 plants, was slightly dissapointed. Was this a normal yield or did I do something wrong/could've done something better? Mostly got dark rocks/light crystals, and like 2 mushrooms. Thank you!
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-03-02 19:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dead normal.

The wiki page on Scream Fungus:

P. S. I miss Pikko Pots.
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2013-03-27 17:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That is actually normal to high.

There's a reason they are 100K+ a stack ;)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [113 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Alphir
Server: Ramuh
user: Alphir
By Ramuh.Alphir 2013-07-18 13:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, seems normal. I've been doing the same using ceramic pots and always seem to get an even split between light crystals, scream fungus, dark rocks, woozyshroom.
By Tandava 2013-07-21 01:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in a similar situation. I used to garden back in the day and I still had all my furniture to do so on mule. I

• Bought 10 Arcane Pots (they're so cheap now)

• Planted vegetable seeds on darksday

• Check my plants at least twice a day morning and evening (not on any particular day)

• Feed dark crystal on darksday

• Harvest on darksday, preferably close to full moon

I've got a total of 5 scream fungi out of three harvests. :P What gives? Can't help but feel that they've changed gardening somehow. I used to get more consistent results with it. Now I mostly just get light crystals and black rocks. >_>; Jokes on me?

Oh and here's pikko pots data:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/pikko/Gardening-by-Items.pdf

She apparently got fairly consistent fungi with the vegetable seed/dark crystal regardless of the type of pot used. :P

Edit: The 4 fungi per harvest is apparently untrue for arcane pots since I've got a total of 5 scream fungi. Don't be fooled :P
By Tandava 2013-07-22 12:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as an update, I finally had a harvest a 11 scream fungi today. 300k a stack seems like too little for all this effort. ;) I honestly don't know how there are always elshenas on the AH at this rate...
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2013-07-22 13:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Tandava said: »
Just as an update, I finally had a harvest a 11 scream fungi today. 300k a stack seems like too little for all this effort. ;) I honestly don't know how there are always elshenas on the AH at this rate...

lol. "Effort" :)
By Tandava 2013-07-25 02:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Effort for me because my POL crashes 40% of the time when switching chars, lol. 80% of the time when checking my dbox. >_> Last update really screwed with my windower.