Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Puppet Master Pet --> Buffing Party
Puppet Master Pet --> Buffing Party
By Lariae 2013-02-28 19:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't for the life of me understand why my puppet isn't buffing my main character with Protect/Shell/Haste. (Soulsoother frame, that character has agro.) It's quite frustrating because otherwise the puppet can keep the character alive fine.

Help? T_T
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-28 19:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What level are you? Is the auto's magic skill capped?
By Lariae 2013-02-28 19:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Both characters are level 99, the automatons magic skill is not capped, however does cast protect/shell (5) on the puppet master in combat, regardless of who has hate... Auto magic skill is... 351/426
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-28 19:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The character you're trying to buff has to be at the top of the hate list. The PUP always gets priority over party members.
By Lariae 2013-02-28 19:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The character (Thief in this case) Was solo-tanking Carabosse. The Puppetmaster had full buffs (Protect, Shell, haste) and yet even when enhancing cycle timer was up, it never shelled, protected, or hasted the character whom had hate. (My thief). Is there maneuvars or something specific i have to do? Is it messed up? Has anyone tried to do this recently? Am i just not understanding this?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-28 19:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep a water maneuver up.
[+]
By Lariae 2013-02-28 20:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I see.. well if that's required for it to buff other people that'd be why it didnt work.. Usually do dark light dark -_-
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-28 20:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Required for -na spells as well.
By animus28 2013-02-28 20:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The auto if fickle. This is why SE needs to give us a little more control over them. Manuevers are great but the commands are so vague and your auto responds so wierd they should call them suggestions. Your rarely a PuppetMASTER, usually more a PuppetCOMPANION

However if there is anything that needs done to protect the auto or master, and this includes debuffs, nukes, etc those tend to get top priority, so its not that often your auto will buff other pt members.
Try fighting weaker mobs before the nm to see if maybe he will buff due to the lesser threat
 Leviathan.Veltan
Server: Leviathan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-03-01 09:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You need water maneuvers to buff party members.

I can't wait for the guide to be posted... you really have a ton of control over the automaton. You just need to have the right maneuvers up.
[+]
By Elwynbelwyn 2013-03-09 17:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if the party member already has any protect/shell on them, even Protect I, the auto won't cast over it, just like how campaign NPCs work. I think the auto also has to be Deployed on the same mob, too.

But yeah, Soulsoother + Water Maneuver + has hate.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-03-10 14:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm as of last night that the Auto doesn't have to be deployed on the same mob to buff other party members. Also my WHM auto used pro and shell (but not haste) on the BLM in my party before he ever even engaged the NM we were fighting. Now I know for a fact that this NM has a hate reset at some point which I suppose it's very possible that for an instant when the puppet wasn't casting already that the NM reset hate for a moment right before I hit him again and the puppet saw him as being on the top of the hate list. But for that to happen twice in a row in the same fight seems unlikely. I guess more testing is needed. Can anyone else confirm that it will buff a member not on the hate list as long as a water maneuver is up and the Master already has pro + shell + haste?