PUP In FFXIV?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP in FFXIV?!
PUP in FFXIV?!
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-23 15:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I dunno if this is the place to put this thread, but move it to where it is pertinent if here is not the place.

Is PUP in ffxiv?
The new video posted a few days ago about FFXIV suggest so, or maybe is me wishful thinking? Is my appreciation wrong or PUP might even be in FFXIV?

Here is the video, and if you skip it to the minute 3:45 u will see someone playing with a puppet next to someone playing with a chocobo (maybe chobo knight?)and then on the minute 3:57 u see them both running pass the camera being followed by the puppet and the chocobo respectively.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-02-23 15:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They are 'pets', they were announced in the live letters. Mammets have existed in FFXIV since 1.0, and a Mammet is just one of the pets you can have in XIV (Along with a little tofu square with wings.)

I don't know if they're just aesthetic or if they serve some purpose in battle.

I do hope there's eventually a pup class, and that they get Pet job right this time!
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-23 15:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

oh.

There goes my desires to play ffxiv...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-23 15:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah those are supposed to be automatons. They showed up in the Uldah opening cutscene but I don't remember seeing them anywhere else.

Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-02-23 15:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a Mammet NPC in Uldah, but yeah, unused otherwise. They were likely for later content that got scrapped, and now are making a reappearance as a Pet.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2013-02-23 15:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There's one in a booth next to the pugilist guild in Uldah
By Enuyasha 2013-02-23 16:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else notice the lalafel in the storm gear playing a harp...interesting :<

and enough about the possible tidbits...did you see those FLYING BUTTRESSES! )*'_'*( ERMAHGHERD!
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2013-02-23 16:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

needs a flying pair of panties pet
[+]
 Carbuncle.Peimei
Server: Carbuncle
user: Peimei
By Carbuncle.Peimei 2013-02-23 16:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I had zero interest XIV till I watched that video. Now I'm going to have to pay for another mmo.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2013-02-23 17:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That is one tiny lil' automaton though
If PUP is in FFXIV that's the only excuse I need to play
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-02-23 18:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said: »
needs a flying pair of panties pet
Pet subligar?

Midgardsormr.Sahagin said: »
That is one tiny lil' automaton though
If PUP is in FFXIV that's the only excuse I need to play
There is no pup... Only pet job we know of so far is Arcanist/Summoner.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-23 18:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly there were only like 2-3 mammet NPCs. I want pup in 14 as well, pretty badly at that, but it's not gonna happen, at least for a long time. Also it's one of the LEAST popular jobs in XI, so odds are, it won't make it into 14.
By animus28 2013-02-23 18:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
anyone else notice the lalafel in the storm gear playing a harp...interesting :<

and enough about the possible tidbits...did you see those FLYING BUTTRESSES! )*'_'*( ERMAHGHERD!

They said a few weeks ago brd will have a harp animation when casting songs but there will be no actual equipable instruments, thats all that is.

As much as I would love pup in xiv, they screwed it up and over so bad in xi i doubt we will see it in xiv. Maybe a sort of spin off one day, but not a pup as we know it. SE seems to lolpup as much as the playerbase.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-02-23 19:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ... and bare with me...

Maybe since they made Bard into a ranged attacking party buffer (presumably)....

Maybe... they'll Turn Corsair into an Engineer/Musketeer and have a Ranged job with a mechanical "pet".

Then again.. I just worked 12 hrs :P.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-23 20:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Well ... and bare with me...

Maybe since they made Bard into a ranged attacking party buffer (presumably)....

Maybe... they'll Turn Corsair into an Engineer/Musketeer and have a Ranged job with a mechanical "pet".

Then again.. I just worked 12 hrs :P.

Clearly you need some rest lol
By rafien 2013-02-25 09:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The automatons where in the first version of FFXIV. Just not usable, only NPC's had them.

The video just shows another NPC having an automaton, :(

You got me excited for a minute ;;
By Enuyasha 2013-02-26 14:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

animus28 said: »
Enuyasha said: »

They said a few weeks ago brd will have a harp animation when casting songs but there will be no actual equipable instruments, thats all that is.

As much as I would love pup in xiv, they screwed it up and over so bad in xi i doubt we will see it in xiv. Maybe a sort of spin off one day, but not a pup as we know it. SE seems to lolpup as much as the playerbase.
I honestly could've bought the make music with a bow concept...but then again most people dont understand how a bow and a harp are the same concept...just different number of strings/tension. But, i still would like to see BRD get two songs without needing another BRD...cause having to choose between Minuet and Paeon sucks sometimes....or having to rebuff myself with Paeon after buffing the group with Minuet....