Odin With 3 BST.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Einherjar » Odin with 3 BST.
Odin with 3 BST.
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 07:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yesterday, myself and a friend, who was dual boxing, attempted Odin with three BSTs. We never noticed that there is a ten minute time-limit for any fight if there are less than six players in the chamber.

We got it down to 35% or so with ease, standing back and keeping the pets alive. Then it kicked us out. I read somewhere that this was possible. However even if the BSTs were to run in and start attacking with the pets, how would they survive Geirrothr? With six targets, that equals 1667 points of damage to each player.

Even with four BSTs, its still 1250 HP to each player, making life difficult for any tarus in the party. So how do people defeat it without bringing along extra bodies for the sake of getting an extra twenty minutes?
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2013-02-08 07:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Release/Retreat 2 pets and leave 1 pet to take the bullet?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-02-08 07:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Stack as much PDT as you can. Also if the BSTs can all be /RDM or /WHM without over-doing your kill time, you can stoneskin/phalanx (though /rdm phalanx would pretty much suck). If you can attain 50% PDT then your damage from Geirrothr would be a meastly 833~ for the BST before stoneskin, and then just use food/mulsum to heal your pet back up. The more PDT the better, but at least enough to survive the attack itself.

No possibilities of switching jobs to something like NIN (migawari) and a Haster? If you can get NIN SCH THF that should probably be enough >.>

Edit: hurdur forgot about Pet damage- gear lol. Unsure of outside cap, but I can think of 11% Axe (/mage) or 22% Axes (/nin but would need potions/elixirs to heal yourself). I'm not adding anymore gear towards it since that should honestly be saved for getting a high PDT for yourself.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-02-08 08:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've killed odin v1 within the time limit (took like 6-7 minutes i think?) with just 2 bst pets (gooey + falcorr), and no players dding. Idk how you could time out with 3, unless you took way too long to pass out lamps/enter, the players didn't even have basic pet gear, or both.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-02-08 08:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
No possibilities of switching jobs to something like NIN (migawari) and a Haster? If you can get NIN SCH THF that should probably be enough >.>

Can NIN THF SCH trio it? I've been trying to get a hold of an EBody and faf aint puttin out the HQ pops. I have the option of going at least NIN THF WHM SCH but I didnt know it was THAT easy.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-02-08 08:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »

Can NIN THF SCH trio it? I've been trying to get a hold of an EBody and faf aint puttin out the HQ pops. I have the option of going at least NIN THF WHM SCH but I didnt know it was THAT easy.
Yes, just save Miga for 10k needles.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-02-08 08:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »

Yes, just save Miga for 10k needles.

Ok I was worried about the fomors spawning but wiki says "At level 99 the fomors can usually be tanked without much issue, especially if the player has good evasion and/or Utsusemi." So I guess that not a bad an issue as I thought.

I assume use Miga for Zantetsuken also?
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2013-02-08 08:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think you can trio in less than 10 minutes.

Tried with NIN WHM(dualboxed by NIN) SCH THF and WAR and ran out of time at like 50%. WAR and THF were careful of not pulling hate off of NIN... And the adds still can tear a WAR apart pretty easily if he doesn't wear a PDT set.

Our plan was to have the NIN killed in Zantetsuken and then the war and thf zerg the last % with Embrava.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-02-08 08:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I was worried about the fomors spawning but wiki says "At level 99 the fomors can usually be tanked without much issue, especially if the player has good evasion and/or Utsusemi." So I guess that not a bad an issue as I thought.

THF/RDM or WHM and Diaga fomors upon pop then kite, or just have NIN hold. Use Miga for Zantetsuken, but if you die the THF should be able to take down the last 10%. If all else fails, NIN 2h -> raise -> NIN kills lol.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 09:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
I've killed odin v1 within the time limit (took like 6-7 minutes i think?) with just 2 bst pets (gooey + falcorr), and no players dding. Idk how you could time out with 3, unless you took way too long to pass out lamps/enter, the players didn't even have basic pet gear, or both.

Explain. We had two falcorrs and one dipper on it, it just has too much HP to defeat within the time limit.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 09:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And no, there was only 3 of us, we didnt hang around at all.

Also this thread is about three BSTS, not other job combinations.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-02-08 09:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

THF/RDM or WHM and Diaga fomors upon pop then kite, or just have NIN hold. Use Miga for Zantetsuken, but if you die the THF should be able to take down the last 10%. If all else fails, NIN 2h -> raise -> NIN kills lol.

Ya I will probably try to hold them as both of the mages would be 2boxed between me and a friend. And ya that NIN 2hr> raise can really save fights sometimes lol.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 09:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I can't see anyone actually achieving this. It is probably doable with four bsts using falcorr and standing back while they kept doing Fantod, but that would be a close call in itself.

As for three BSTs, I was probably the best geared by far and used Dipper, as we didn't know about the time limit, or just how strong Odin would be. One of the falcorrs died mid fight as well. The two bsts using falcorr was missing a lot of vital pet gear, so if they were better geared, and I was using Falcorr, it might work, but I have not actually seen any explanations or videos of this being done.
By minikomby 2013-02-08 09:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

3 bsts can do easly Odin v1, you dont need pdt gear for pet, all you need is hit reward macro or use muslum. pets will die when he uses zantezuken so call new pet and use fight until he die, not really a problem. also sheep pet had about 5k HP x3 = 15k MP assuming they are full, tp move deal 10k
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 09:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats strange then, how we used three superior pets to sheep and ran out of time. We were not messing around either, used Familiar and such. We didn't mess around, we did tp moves soon as possible, kept telling our pets to fight Odin, kept them cured up, but still ran out of time.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-02-08 09:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the people in your group actually have pet: haste gear, af2+2 glove augment for call beast, af2+2 leg augment for 2hr, etc? Are you keeping dia on it, or using any defense down tp moves (like gooey)? Are you not using run wild? I really don't know how 3 pets can output so much less damage than we did with just 2.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 11:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia?? You using a mage support job and not using two pdt axes? I have pretty much everything but the af+2 leg augment, whereas the other two don't have a lot.

Are you mistaking this for Odin Prime?
 Cerberus.Frotaut
user: Frotaut2
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-02-08 11:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i've done it solo having call beast ready when my sheep dies to the needles, but i've always brought mules in as to not time out.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 11:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

can /rdm dispel dread spikes? i think that was another major factor why our damage lacked.

You bring in six chars on six different accounts? crazy lol.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-02-08 12:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
can /rdm dispel dread spikes? i think that was another major factor why our damage lacked.

You bring in six chars on six different accounts? crazy lol.

I believe wiki said Finale only
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-02-08 12:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bring in 6 ppl for full duration, or bring in mules for it ;)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 12:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea that sucks. I think we going to try again, this time with me using falcorr, and meleeing some inbetween needles move.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 12:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol if I had the option to bring in three mules I would have done that already. I can barely afford one account, nevermind three lol. Also its finding people to actually come and spend money/ichor to stand there and watch us kill it. Those kinds of luxuries would be cool, but are not possible.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-02-08 12:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I see plenty of ppl wanna join for Odin's E.body and P.body and random abjurations for tatters, and if you do T3 and Odin, it almost pays for itself in Ichor :) Not to mention tatters can pay for the wings depending on your luck ;)
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-02-08 12:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the time limit for 3 people? 10 min?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 12:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea thats what me and my friend are after. And yes, for any fight that has less then six people, you have a ten minute time limit.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-02-08 12:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Reservations

Trade the Smouldering Lamp to the Entry Gate in Hazhalm Testing Grounds. Upon selecting a chamber to enter that is not currently occupied, the Smouldering Lamp will change into a Glowing Lamp, and the reservation will be made immediately. The name of the reserved chamber and the date/time of the reservation will be recorded onto the Glowing Lamp.

Reservations last 30 minutes from the moment they are made.
If fewer than six people occupy the area 10 minutes after the reservation is made, the reservation will be automatically cancelled, regardless of the time remaining on the lamp. At this point, the Glowing Lamp will become void and players will not be allowed re-entry with it.
A reservation's time limit can be viewed in the Glowing Lamp's help window.
If another party already occupies the selected chamber, the Smouldering Lamp will not light, and players can either select another chamber or wait for the one they chose to open.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-02-08 12:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather have more then 3 ppl and be competing against 1 other for abjurations then get 10 min and time out with no drops... Still see ppl needing Valhalla stuff and old drops for trophies too ;) Just make sure you shout for ppl and that you only get maximum of 2 ppl(including you) on the abjuration you want ^^
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-08 12:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I like to keep things like that in the linkshell. Although I already had a tell of someone interested in doing odin regularly. Going to do a dyna trial seen as its double exp and do odin laters.
First Page 2