Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Smithing Furnishing skills
Smithing Furnishing skills
 Cerberus.Harunn
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Harun677
By Cerberus.Harunn 2013-02-04 05:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I have a question about the amount of skill the furnishings give.

BG says the Hearth, Anvil and Sign give +1, is this plus one each or only gives +1 total for the moghancement?

It also says the stall give +5, Is this because of the mega moghancement (which come if combined with other furnishings, I know)?

What the max +skill you can get from furnishings?

Thank You
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-02-04 05:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

+5 with stall

all others maybe add ??? to the mega moglification. Never read anywhere what they really do once you have the stall/mega Moglification :(
 Cerberus.Harunn
By Cerberus.Harunn 2013-02-04 06:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah thats the problem,

I read the anvil and the sign give +1 (I thought that was because of the moghancement but you only need one piece to get moghancement so what was the need to get the other piece? talking pre synergy)
 Cerberus.Harunn
By Cerberus.Harunn 2013-02-04 10:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

any ideas?
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-02-04 12:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

the 50k GP item (which can be AHed) and the 150k GP item both give "Moghancement: xx skill" when you place one of them in MH. This is +1 skill.

the 50k item or the 150k item + the 200k Signboard = "Moglification: xx skill" which is +1 skill i think and it reduces the chance of losing items when you break

and the 15k gp item alone give +5 skill mega moglification. My guess is that you still have the material loss stuff or something like that... i hope atleast that the other GP items do.. anything.

the worst part about the 15k stall is that it has a very weak power. So you might need to change alot of your MH to get the mega moglification.
 Leviathan.Alas
Server: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2013-02-04 12:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stall has 11 aura iirc. Not amazing, but reasonably strong.

Stall by itself gives +2 Smithing Skill and Mega-Moglification Smithing. Stall + Signboard + Anvil gives +5 skill. Not sure if there are other values possible between 2 and 5 with partial combinations of those 3 items.

The 50k GP item will be of no use once you have the big 3 items. Of course, there could be some hidden +HQ rate or reduced item loss or something with that piece specifically, but I haven't ever heard anything like that being reported so I doubt it. Doesn't hurt anything to have it, but probably not worth the GP all told.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-04 12:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop spreading misinformation. Stall is 5 points on it's own, the other items do absolutely nothing once you obtain it.
 Leviathan.Alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2013-02-04 13:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A test on stall values posted on BG all the way back in 2011...
Test showed stall by itself to be +2. And it's well accepted that 3 furnishings gives +5.

SOURCE:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/101158-New-Guild-Point-Item-Thread/page3

Did the test on scorpion arrowheads, Lv.53 Bone.

1st. Last Quarter Moon 48% Iceday.
Skill 100 + Boneworker's smock (1) + Megal (2) = 103

NQ : 25
HQ1 : 11
HQ2 : 4
HQ3 : 1
Break: 4
HQ Rate: 35.6%

2nd. Last Quarter Moon 45% Lightning day
Skill 100+ Boneworker's smock (1) + Proective spectacles (1) + Mega (2) = 104

NQ :18
HQ1 :20
HQ2 :7
HQ3 :1
Break: 2
HQ Rate: 58.3%

3rd. Wanning crescent 43% Lightsday
Skill 100+ Boneworker's smaock (1) + Proective spectacles (1) + Moghancement (1) = 103

NQ :35
HQ1 :9
HQ2 :0
HQ3 :0
Break :6
HQ Rate: 18%

By comparing 1st and 2nd test set we can confirm that the mega moglification gives +2 crafting skill not +3 or I would have break T3 on the first test.

I ran the 3rd test because the result of first test is way higher than I've expected.
I did a test a few years back with T2 holy water and sample size of 2000+ synth. The HQ rate is flat 20% on T2. There are some spike HQ burst with the holy water test but only very few happen on certain game day. Yet I didn't think a spike would happen during Quarter Moon and that's why i pick the time to run the test.

I'm suspecting that mega moglification actually gives HQ rate bonus on top of the skill tier. Yet more test with larger sample size are needed to determine the theory.

***Edit****
Further test with WW: Shihei
Did 300 synth each with and without stall, the result is flat that doesn't show any difference in term of HQ.
So please scratch the idea of HQ. Bonus.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-04 13:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, that only shows it's at least +2. It's been confirmed numerous times that it grants +5 regardless. Try again(and google some high school level statistics so you can interpret your data properly).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2013-02-04 13:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I'll take your word for it on this one Josiah since that's a pretty conclusive test. Still not sure why the test done above wouldn't have bumped the person up an HQ tier though.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-04 13:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variance

45 synths isn't sufficient to prove the difference between 25% and 50% with a 35.6% result. It's barely closer to 25 than 50, and not even enough to properly express your data as a percent, tbh.
 Leviathan.Alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2013-02-04 13:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, that's the conclusion I had come to when I looked closer at the tester's data. So what's the point in even bothering with the 150 and 200k GP furnishings? Is there any at all?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-04 13:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There hasn't been any testing that indicated they do anything at all, it's probably just a style thing. They have pretty nice designs and not that many people would have them. I think SE may have underestimated how quickly people would level synergy, as well.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-02-04 15:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe if we keep asking in official forum whats the point of 150k/200k GP item when you have a stall they give us a hint (or atleast say it does anything).. well.. no.. not gonna happen ._.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-04 15:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Signboards still affect break rates last I heard, not entirely sure though
 Cerberus.Harunn
By Cerberus.Harunn 2013-02-05 05:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I got a decent understanding of it now.

Tbh I previously thought you had to have the previous two items in MH to get the mega moghancement effect.

Thanks for the clarification :)

I'll end up getting all the GP items in mh just to devote a corner of my mh to full smithing heh
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2013-02-16 16:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also please remember that the stalls came long, long after the other GP items. For an eternity, the other items were all that was available.

So while the other GP items are now only pretty decoration, before the stalls were made, they were all that was around.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [685 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Fanugu
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fanugu 2015-01-02 12:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to "necro-bump" but I had a relevant question. A friend of mine attempted some Sombra tights synthesis in the hopes of HQ. He has 110 bonecrafting, all skill gear, and stall which would put him at 121, high enough to break tier 2. Anyway out of ~15 tries no hq's, no breaks. This was in Adoulin with Ionis (crafting bonus, I think increases chance of successful synthesis and reduces chance of losing materials?)
So I suggested he try in his MH, home nation. I had remembered that Moghancement: Desynthesis, required you to be in your MH to get the bonus. So out of 10 synthesis, 3 HQ, 2 breaks, 5 NQ.
I *know* this is definitely not enough testing to confirm a theory, but it was enough to suggest that you only get the bonus being inside your MH.
Anyone care to comment, one way or the other? Was it purely coincidental or do you really need to be in your MH to get the benefits? Obviously there are Moghancements such as Conquest, or Experience that work globally but what about the Moghancements/Moglifications/Mega-Moglifications that pertain to crafting?
And if you are required to be in your 'mog-cave,' does it have to be your home nation (where furniture would be displayed) or would any MH work (which would thus allow you to capitalize on both the Ionis bonus and the stall boons if you were in the Adoulin MH)
Thank you very much, and if this should be a separate post then I would gladly copy/paste into a new one.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-01-02 12:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

All Moghancements cover you no matter where you are in the World, with a few specific exceptions, like :Conquest, which will only help in Conquest zones. Both the synthesis and desynth Moghancements work world-wide. The desynth one has never been MH only. I have no idea where this idea came from. I don't have a picture, but I have tried a synth in Adoulin with and without the stall in my layout, and with it, I was able to do it, and without it, I wasn't able to attempt it.

Desynthing has always sucked, and as someone who used to make gil from doing it, I can honestly say, I saw such a little difference in desynthing both with and without it, that it was pointless to fill my MH with all those Taru stools. And I'm not talking about doing a few hundred desynths. In the peak of the RMT market, I was doing 1200+ synths per day for 3-4 months straight, desynting silver and mythril earrings into ingots, and selling for a huge profit. Sadly, I didn't stop while I was ahead, and kept reinvesting into leveling Goldsmithing and the market dropped on me quickly.

tldr:: going 0/15 on an HQ isn't bad. I recently went 1/198 on making Ifritears, when I should have made a lot more based on my HQ tier. Also, the only data I see for that synth is level 80+. If it's actual level is 87+, then it is currently impossible to hit tier 2 for HQs.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-01-02 12:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the Moghancements are Key Items, so you carry the bonus everywhere.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-01-02 23:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
All Moghancements cover you no matter where you are in the World, with a few specific exceptions, like :Conquest, which will only help in Conquest zones. Both the synthesis and desynth Moghancements work world-wide. The desynth one has never been MH only. I have no idea where this idea came from. I don't have a picture, but I have tried a synth in Adoulin with and without the stall in my layout, and with it, I was able to do it, and without it, I wasn't able to attempt it.

Desynthing has always sucked, and as someone who used to make gil from doing it, I can honestly say, I saw such a little difference in desynthing both with and without it, that it was pointless to fill my MH with all those Taru stools. And I'm not talking about doing a few hundred desynths. In the peak of the RMT market, I was doing 1200+ synths per day for 3-4 months straight, desynting silver and mythril earrings into ingots, and selling for a huge profit. Sadly, I didn't stop while I was ahead, and kept reinvesting into leveling Goldsmithing and the market dropped on me quickly.

tldr:: going 0/15 on an HQ isn't bad. I recently went 1/198 on making Ifritears, when I should have made a lot more based on my HQ tier. Also, the only data I see for that synth is level 80+. If it's actual level is 87+, then it is currently impossible to hit tier 2 for HQs.

Why would it be impossible to hit tier2 for HQs? T2 is 31 above cap.

110 + 5 furnishing + 2 torque + 2 GP gear + 3 advanced support = 122.

122 - 31 = up to cap of 91 that you can T2 HQ on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-03 01:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that he meant for the most part, 105 is the hard cap for gold. Very few people are insane enough to go past 105.

So, in essence, it IS impossible to T2 it.
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-03 01:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has reported a skill up beyond 81 off avatarites, so it's safe to say bg wiki is correct about the cap, either way they're easy to hit t2 on. Someone leveling goldsmithing as a sub can easily test it anyways, 66 gold is the soonest you can attempt the synth assuming it's 81 cap. I had good runs and bad runs myself, sometimes going 3/100, sometimes 0/100 :/.

As for the necro bump, I've hq'd a few sombra tights all outside MH, 0/15 is perfectly normal for T1... you're just as likely to go 0/15 in your MH. My last session I went 1/4 for myself, and 1/12 for a friend.
 Cerberus.Halticus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2015-01-03 01:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an ls mate w/ 110 GS on his mule, although I don't know what he crafts in his spare time but i'll say it's safe to assume he has tried for the avatarites at some point. What GSmither wouldn't? lol, I'll ask him of his HQ rate and see what he says and he gets those HQ's if ofc he records his success rate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-03 17:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This obviously is no longer about smithing. So I just made 6 Shivatears on 1 99 stack of ites. Go random, go random go!