You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 61 62 63
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-21 02:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
Does the TP Bonus +1000 from Magian Trials work in offhand? If it does, then subbing it would boost your Rudra tremendously. You'd gain TP a bit slower from the misses but your Rudras would be doing more than double at 1000TP.
Yes TP bonus centovente works offhanded.
used to use it a lot in abyssea to aeolian edge cleave.
Haven't tried it out yet since the ws change, totally forgot its been sitting in my mogsafe since ilevel weaps became a thing.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-12-21 02:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Retracting my statement. Math is difficult at 0200.

My files were still assuming silly hit rates, that's why I couldn't find anything better. Common sense + estimates would say that having a 20% off-hand hit rate against a "useful" hit rate with Atoyac is the difference between 0.2-ish and 1.4-ish off-hand hits per attack round. That'd mean you're gaining TP about twice as fast with Atoyac off-hand, which in turn means that they'd require about the same number of attack rounds to drop one Rudra's Storm at 2250 effective TP. Centovente brings faster attack rounds to the table, but Atoyac contributes to white damage.

So on anything you aren't really lacking accuracy, Centovente is "useful". The lack of 0.9 * 188 = 169 accuracy = 84.5% hit rate on Centovente however renders it pretty much useless for anything high level.
 Valefor.Ophannus
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-12-21 12:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, makes sense. It's just really crazy and fun that BRD can do considerable damage to the mob while keeping buffs up, almost like how COR can buff but also shoot. If erase and extra heals aren't necessary, then I don't see why dropping 6-10k Rudra Storms, pumping out Quicksteps to further boost everyone's Acc, and Haste Samba wouldn't be a boon for everyone(plus you can still heal with Waltz). With just sushi and melee songs, my hitrate was better than I thought in Delve and Incursion. You lose 5% song cast and 5% duration from not being able to use legato/felibre daggers but honestly the extra damage from Rudras/Steps/Haste Samba more than makes up for it. And even if you have to go /WHM, don't forget we get Fencer II which is a 300TP Bonus for single wielding, which still lets you land 6-7k Rudras at 100% on most things. Pretty insane.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-21 17:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You lose 5% song cast and 5% duration from not being able to use legato/felibre daggers
Woot? Why?
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-21 18:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
You lose 5% song cast and 5% duration from not being able to use legato/felibre daggers
Woot? Why?
Switching weapons makes you lose tp, would be my best assumption. Also don't think legato and felibre make good melee daggers.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-22 01:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course you don't switch daggers when you're in combat and when you're outside you shouldn't switch them either if you're above a certain TP threshold that you decide yourself.
It's simple to implement this through Gearswap rules.
But if your TP is low it's not really that big of a hit to swap Felibre in MH.

Also dunno if you guys knew already but Carns/Legato additional song duration do not work offhand. Dunno about Felibre's -cast thing.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-22 10:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

With a fast cast linos and perfect gendwitha hand and pants augs and all that other top tier fastcast equip you'd be at 80% song casting time so unless you wanted to forgo some of it for quick cast you wouldn't need the dague. On that note dague does work offhand annnnnnd I am about 70% certain legato works in offhand as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-22 10:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carns doesn't 100%, at least the pre ilevel version, tested it long time ago while doing trials.

Pretty sure I tested legato too before selling it, but maybe it's just that the effect wasn't stacking with carns, not sure about that one tbf.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-22 10:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and gendewitha perfect augments do not exist, they're just a lie to tease me >________>
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-22 10:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I left mine as the nq version since v stones are cheaper for the augment, got the hands at 5% and I have seen every other augment gendwitha pants have access to at max amounts execpt the song casting (4% currently).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-22 10:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hands I have at plus one, legs at nq. Lost track of how many stacks of +1 and +2 I used. Max I got is +4 on legs and I think +2 on hands? Granted I spent way more stones on legs. Don't have my lua here with me at the hospital but I might still be precasting with marduk+1, shame on me...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-22 12:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Hands I have at plus one, legs at nq. Lost track of how many stacks of +1 and +2 I used. Max I got is +4 on legs and I think +2 on hands? Granted I spent way more stones on legs. Don't have my lua here with me at the hospital but I might still be precasting with marduk+1, shame on me...

If you have any need of the +1 versions, and inv isn't a huge concern, you can get an NQ version just for augments. It's a bit annoying but with the possibility of dumping endless gil to see augments... It's probably worth it. If you don't need the HQ then you could just drop it once you get a better augment.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-22 12:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye did that and have +1s for cure pot gloves
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-30 05:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm ashamed that I'm the one to ask, but I never needed to know the exact numbers so far.
Out of curiosity and necessity, what exactly does Soul Voice double?

When we take songs potency into account we have:
  1. Base songs potency (determined by skill, but we're all way over the cap so let's considered the capped one)

2. Potency added by merits (for Minuet, Madrigal and Minne)

3. Potency added by instruments

4. Potency added by Job Points (Minuet, Minne)

I'm not sure in what order this stuff gets summed up tbf, but there's no % bonus, just static, so I guess order doesn't even matter.
So back to the main question, what does SV double? Just the basic value? Basic+merits? Basic+merits+instruments? Basic+merits+instruments+jobpoints?
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2014-12-30 20:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Soul Voice doubles the value (For songs that Soul Voice doubles potency for) after everything else is applied.

E.g For Minuet V
Base Cap is 62
G.horn and Empyrean Body +2 is +17
5/5 Minuet Merits is +5
10/10 Minuet Job points is +10

Regular Minuet V = +94 Attack
Maracto'd Minuet V(1.5x) = 141 Attack
Soul Voice Minuet V(2x) = 188 Attack
(This isn't counting the empyrean set bonus which would give an extra 2 Attack that isn't affected by Soul Voice since it's just a straight +5 STR)

BG wiki has most of the values listed for songs and modifiers under their category page. http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Minuet for Minuet.

As for songs Soul Voice doubles the potency of most songs but not all. Going from memory, someone can correct me if I make any mistakes.

Debuff
Requiem - Doubles potency
Lullaby - I'm not sure anyone has ever quantified this I think it improves magic accuracy in some way.(?)
Elegy - Doubles potency. Although caps at 50%.
Threnody - Doubles potency.
Finale - Same as Lullaby(?)
Virelai - Same as Lullaby.(?)
Nocturne - Potency or Duration? I'm unsure on this one.(?)

Buffs
Paeon - Doubles potency
Ballad - Doubles potency
Minne - Doubles potency
Minuet - Doubles potency
Madrigal - Doubles potency
Prelude - Doubles potency
Mambo - Doubles potency
Debuff Resist Songs - Doubles potency(?)
March - Doubles potency (Players still subject to max attack speed caps of 43.75% for magic haste and 80% combined delay reduction)
Etudes - Doubles potency
Carol I - Doubles potency of elemental resist.
Carol II - Increases the nullification rate(?) Unsure of this.
Hymnus - Doubles Duration
Mazurka - Doubles duration
Scherzo - Doubles duration
Sirvente - Doubles potency(?)
Dirge - Doubles potency. Doesnt bypass -50 enmity cap.

One other thing to note is the duration increase from Clarion call job points is added after Troubadour so that doesnt get doubled. Or atleast the last time Creelo checked that was true.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-01-01 02:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I'm in a discussion with another Brd in my LS. I'm saying that if you SV then SV + Victory March caps, they say you need 2x SV marches. Who is correct in this situation?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-01 02:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SV Victory March by itself won't cap; you would need at least Haste 1 spell as well. 2 SV Marches would cap you without the need of Haste spell, so I guess either of you could be right in different contexts. Dunno if you two were accounting for Haste in your debate since you didn't mention.
 Valefor.Ophannus
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2015-01-01 11:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No reason for all BRDs to not melee all content, even with /WHM.

130 Incursion:

(Don't mind the DW gear, I forgot to make a non-DW melee set)
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-01-01 12:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
SV Victory March by itself won't cap; you would need at least Haste 1 spell as well. 2 SV Marches would cap you without the need of Haste spell, so I guess either of you could be right in different contexts. Dunno if you two were accounting for Haste in your debate since you didn't mention.

Yeah I forgot to mention my stance is SV victory + haste 1 is cap. Or just nq victory + haste 2 is cap. But I think I drunkenly explained it early this morning in a way they agreed with anyway, or at least they said they did.
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2015-01-03 19:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
With a fast cast linos and perfect gendwitha hand and pants augs and all that other top tier fastcast equip you'd be at 80% song casting time so unless you wanted to forgo some of it for quick cast you wouldn't need the dague.

I had completely forgotten about Fast Cast Linos when I created the set on last page.
Just in case anybody cares (I know a lot of people just reaching 99 check these guides for ideas on gear sets so well), as far as I can tell the following two sets are optimal (in that they reach cap and shove in as much Quick Magic as possible), with and without the Dague:

ItemSet 330729
ItemSet 332077

Sechs, even if you're okay with the occasional package loss, you'd still want to use Linos over Impatiens and get just as much quick magic using Lebeche or Ogapepo +1 over Prolix or Swith +1.
By Colossusx 2015-01-07 02:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Coalrake Sabots have any use in precast set?
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2015-01-07 03:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Caolrake sabots have the same song spellcasting -8% as Bihu+1.
And bihu slippers will aslo be used to add 20 seconds to Nightingale.

Regen is useless for BRD since you should idle in empy boots for the movement speed+ which also have regen+1.

For BRD, caolrake sabots is only useful for the song recast. For situations where magic accuracy doesn't matter and you have to spam finale / lullaby.

So if you're not super hard core, go with bihu+1 and save 1 inventory slot.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-01-07 03:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
Regen is useless for BRD since you should idle in empy boots for the movement speed+ which also have regen+1.
+2, unless my mind is playing tricks on me.

My personal opinion of Coalrake Sabots is that they're a mix of different stats but they do not manage to deserve a spot in any build.
They have -8% casting time like Bihu+1, but you're going to want Bihu regardless because of the Augment.
They have -song delay like Kandza, but such a stat is realistically useful only for debuffs and Coalrake suck in that regard.
They have regen like AF3+2 but it's only +1 and do not have movement speed.

Whichever way you try to look at Coalrake, they look like a temporary piece to use while you're working to obtain the others I mentioned, at best.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-17 00:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got FC+3% on my linos and wondering what the maximum was. I see 2 diff stones that give FC and wondering which is higher. Also I saw a Sword with refresh+1 and someone told me they've seen a club with refresh+2; but i dont see refresh augments on the bgwiki page. Kinda wouldnt mind a refresh +1-2 on an idle flute.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-17 12:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm answered my own question using the jp
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-29 02:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Mordant Rime 70% CHR 30% DEX or 30% CHR 70% DEX? The BGWiki page states the former, but the reference page linking to Byrth's retesting after the December update states the latter. I'm assuming the former is correct and Byrth simply made a typo in his post, but I'd like confirmation.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-01-29 03:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Mordant Rime
Its 70% CHR 30% DEX, Byrth is the one that updated the MR page after the update. He also talks about it somewheres; matching what SE had officially stated.

Edit:
Byrth 70%CHR/30DEX%
Couple post down he talks about retesting.
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2015-02-16 05:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Light. Threnody. II.

Such generous gifts.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-16 06:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gifts have always been particularly generous to BRD so far, only right they continue along these lines lol
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 61 62 63