Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-05-14 19:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao that was fast.
By Ophannus 2014-05-17 19:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Think of it this way, when they uncap job points to 30, maxing out clarion call will add an extra 60 seconds to all song durations cast.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-05-19 22:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a quick question about charisma: realistically speaking, what is it doing for me? At this stage of the game will I ever need more CHR than what I’d traditionally find on basically any piece of iLevel gear? The reason I’m asking is that my mule is presently 12/24 in attribute merits, and I'm moderately attempted to start putting merits into CHR... but is it worth it?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-05-20 00:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
I have a quick question about charisma: realistically speaking, what is it doing for me? At this stage of the game will I ever need more CHR than what I’d traditionally find on basically any piece of iLevel gear? The reason I’m asking is that my mule is presently 12/24 in attribute merits, and I'm moderately attempted to start putting merits into CHR... but is it worth it?
My brd alt has str and dex merited and she doesn't even have a real dd job. I just use her for a bit of extra damage and sc's but I find that is still more useful than meriting chr.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-05-20 13:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I just have 12 MND merits on my mule atm... seemed reasonable being a Tarutaru (WHM, BRD, and SCH) whose primary focus is buffing and curing me.

Though the more I think about it, I'll probably just leave the other 12 open for the time being- I mean, that's a lot of merits to ~12 any one particular attribute that I can't really put a tangible value on :/
 Phoenix.Yidhra
Server: Phoenix
user: Mhi1
By Phoenix.Yidhra 2014-05-23 17:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

New ring from RoE Sparks(10k) - http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28553/perception-ring +6 Magic Accuracy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Yidhra
By Phoenix.Yidhra 2014-06-18 00:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

New Eminent Flute from RoE - 10k sparks +2 all songs
Replaces Crooner's Cithara and Mass Chalemie (unless you need +3 hymnus for some reason)
[+]
 Phoenix.Yidhra
By Phoenix.Yidhra 2014-07-08 08:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

New M. Acc ring - http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Carb._Ring_%2B1
+9 CHR + 4 Magic Accuracy.
[+]
 Asura.Altaire
Server: Asura
user: Authority
By Asura.Altaire 2014-07-09 00:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone happen to have a very simple Gearswap template I could use, that switches between sets when Troub/Night is up and when it isn't, but also takes into account the occasional insta-cast when it's not up? (And of course, equips ghorn for main spells, and equips Terp. while also unequips song duration+ for dummy songs.)

I'm using spellcast for now because it's familiar, but with it being dead it's bound to break eventually. Not to mention, any time I have an insta-cast proc it messes everything up and I have to rebuff since it still equips my pre-cast, then midcast sets after a 1 sec delay.

I've tried to get some templates for gearswap, but they are confusing as all hell and I'm a fairly recent 99 BRD.

That being said, if you can't upload but can direct me to where I can find one, that would be awesome. I've been holding off from using Gearswap due to the seemingly complex nature of it at first glance. Thanks.
 Leviathan.Hyriu
Server: Leviathan
user: Hyriu
By Leviathan.Hyriu 2014-07-24 00:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Altaire said: »
Does anyone happen to have a very simple Gearswap template I could use, that switches between sets when Troub/Night is up and when it isn't, but also takes into account the occasional insta-cast when it's not up? (And of course, equips ghorn for main spells, and equips Terp. while also unequips song duration+ for dummy songs.)

I'm using spellcast for now because it's familiar, but with it being dead it's bound to break eventually. Not to mention, any time I have an insta-cast proc it messes everything up and I have to rebuff since it still equips my pre-cast, then midcast sets after a 1 sec delay.

I've tried to get some templates for gearswap, but they are confusing as all hell and I'm a fairly recent 99 BRD.

That being said, if you can't upload but can direct me to where I can find one, that would be awesome. I've been holding off from using Gearswap due to the seemingly complex nature of it at first glance. Thanks.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119444-Gearswap-Shop-Thread

Personally I use Motenten's lua file.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-07-24 04:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't share my BRD lua with you because it's too personal, too much built on my playstyle, it would be useless to you.

I can tell you though that with Gearswap you don't need specific sets for Nightingale and Troubadour. This addon handles precast/midcast even for instacast proc spells, you can just use your normal sets when under Night/Troube, and GSwap will still swap out the right gear.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-07-25 03:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all looking for some help,

I noticed the brd dd thread is not complete and I am looking for tp set mid - high end along with maybe evis set.

I am going to have to solo dynamis when my ghorn is made hence why I am asking. Any help is appreciated thanks.

To let you know what I have so far:

Body justu +1
hands buremte
waist Shetal stone
earrings dw earrings dungeon and co
neck asperity
back letalis
 Asura.Tonic
user: tonic316
By Asura.Tonic 2014-07-26 13:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

great guide

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-31 05:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Been thinking about using Bard to get in on the Delve content, was curious if I grab the eminent flute, JSE harp and AF3+2 full set with that budget precast + debuff set would that put me in the clear as far as entry level requirements?

you'll be fine for delve 1. I would try to get an ilvl weapon (maybe eminent dagger or baqil staff if you can't get hold of an ilvl 119 weapon) for your debuff set. You will probably find it quite hard to land debuffs on nms with chatoyant staff.

For delve 2 you need to have a close to optimal set to land lullaby on fodders even. But if you're only looking at getting delve1 clears then it should work fine.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-07-31 06:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

pdt set is a prereq for all jobs, but you knew that
By Creecreelo 2014-08-01 05:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard new JP

Pianissimo Effect Reduces the casting time of songs while under the effects of Pianissimo.
Reduce casting time by 2 percent.

Song Accuracy Bonus Increases song accuracy.
Increase song accuracy by 1.

:/ /snoozefest
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-04 02:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The song accuracy ones are nice, but 55 JPs for +10 macc is kinda... erp... a lot of grind for a very minimal effect =/

On a sidenote, anybody has an update set for Mordant Rime?
 Bahamut.Chrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Chrius2
By Bahamut.Chrius 2014-08-04 08:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Freshly burned bard about to start skilling up and gearing. I see empy 5/5 is important. Is there a generic ordering of AF/relic to reforge? Just like, mandatory / very useful (even if for just 1 macro) / occasionally useful) Does it change if I have no intentions of making a 4 song?
By Pantafernando 2014-08-04 08:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Chrius said: »
Freshly burned bard about to start skilling up and gearing. I see empy 5/5 is important. Is there a generic ordering of AF/relic to reforge? Just like, mandatory / very useful (even if for just 1 macro) / occasionally useful) Does it change if I have no intentions of making a 4 song?

Brioso feet is the first piece you should consider.
And do salvage for marduks shalwar+1, to get the max your songs can last. Others pieces reforged are great for enfeebs and some precast gear.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-08-04 08:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

personally, I'd say it's this order:

AF boots
relic body/feet (feet is good precast piece, but the 2 are for extending your N/T - incredibly useful if you need to cast 3+ sets of songs)
Any piece that you feel are worthwhile for your Macc set.

It doesn't really change whether you're a 3 song or 4 song. But you can probably argue the T/N extension is more worthwhile for 4 songs than 3 songs... though I still think it's handy to get that extra 20s regardless.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-05 01:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Brioso (Reforged AF)
Head => useful just for the Paeon augment, can skip it honestly
Body => Aim for 119, really nice debuff body
Hands => 119 is a viable debuff option but there are other arguably better ones
Legs => Skip it
Feet => Aim for 119, it has +duration, should use it on almost all songs except Scherzo. Also a decent option for debuffs but there are better ones.

Bihu (Reforged Relic)
Head => Aim for 119, best debuff piece atm, nice for PDT too (but this goes for all Bihu)
Body => get at least 109 (if you don't have augmented Relic +2 already) for the Troubadour augment. It's an awesome TP body but if you don't intend to DD on BRD you don't really need it for that purpose
Hands => 119 I think it's the best debuff option for wind instrument, but not really that much ahead of other options. I'd focus on something else first.
Legs => 119 is the best debuff option. Also gives Soul Voice +30 seconds
Feet => 119 Best piece for precast. You should get at least 109 (if you don't have augmented relic+2) for the Nightingale Augment. It's also a really nice option for string instrument debuff. Personally I like Kandza Gaiters for the -3 song delay, another option would be Artsieq R15 Macc.
 Bahamut.Chrius
By Bahamut.Chrius 2014-08-05 13:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all, got some work to do!
 Bahamut.Chrius
By Bahamut.Chrius 2014-08-06 10:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, I got Empy 5/5, Relic feet 109, Terpander and 5/5 Nitro
Have some questions after practicing Nitro rotation's outside mog for JA reset
My songs would instacast, but the spellcasting bar would take the normal time to complete. Is that normal? Found it difficult to tell when I could start casting next song, but that may just be a 'feel' I need to get used to like when I RDMd 5 years ago
Do you use a macro where you one button push and get all songs? Or are there too many places where something could go wrong and it better to individually go through order?

And to make sure I'm not doing more dumb things, I was doing
potency, potency, Terpander Fantasia, potency. This seemed to work for me, but I've seen PUG bard go carol carol carol, then 3x potency
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-08-06 10:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

(Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I think it works)
It is instant cast and yes the bar will keep going, just like if you hit an occ. instant cast on normal magic spells. You can cast your next song after the usual delay between actions(2s i think?). For me, I just look at the bar and when it hits around 25% on the bar, I re-sing.

I have a macro for each song, since what you want to sing is pretty situation dependant, and there might be times where only 1 song needs to be resung (like, dispel). This is probably just a playstyle thing, so whatever works for you will be good.

What you're doing is correct provided you end up with the songs you want to end up with. Personally, I do 4 carols when i have time (like before entering a bc), or song song carol carol song song if I didn't have time to put up dummy songs. One thing to note is, if the songs didn't wear off, there's no reason to sing the dummy songs again, just go straight to your proper songs.
 Cerberus.Fthis
user: Benjix
By Cerberus.Fthis 2014-08-09 02:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
(Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I think it works)
It is instant cast and yes the bar will keep going, just like if you hit an occ. instant cast on normal magic spells. You can cast your next song after the usual delay between actions(2s i think?). For me, I just look at the bar and when it hits around 25% on the bar, I re-sing.

I have a macro for each song, since what you want to sing is pretty situation dependant, and there might be times where only 1 song needs to be resung (like, dispel). This is probably just a playstyle thing, so whatever works for you will be good.

What you're doing is correct provided you end up with the songs you want to end up with. Personally, I do 4 carols when i have time (like before entering a bc), or song song carol carol song song if I didn't have time to put up dummy songs. One thing to note is, if the songs didn't wear off, there's no reason to sing the dummy songs again, just go straight to your proper songs.

what she said.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-14 10:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure if shopped....

the +3 would be in addition to the +1 the base has
 Carbuncle.Sisko
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-08-14 10:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It is.

A great way for newer bards to catch up.

Relic still shines on the macc side.

Details in the New Skirmish Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 61 62 63