Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » MP Recovery + set
MP Recovery + set
By dasanuffadat 2013-01-02 11:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all I'm looking for a HMP set but am having trouble filling in some slots. Any help filling them in? This is what I have/planning to get so far:

Now obviously I know there are HQ versions of gear out there for some pieces but I'm not worried about spending 1mil+ for 1-2 more HMP at the moment.

Also, what HMP sets are you all rocking at the moment? I know there's very little use for them right now but I'm hoping that will change in the future.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-02 12:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In general, Claquesous Equipment is a good resource for this kind of question. The set I use in particular is close enough to yours that it isn't worth posting.

I do recommend springing for the +1 Chelona Boots, because they have uses besides pure hMP.
By dasanuffadat 2013-01-02 12:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice, never heard of that site before. Thanks for sharing it!
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-02 12:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy to. It's a great resource.

Also, SCH can't wear Mirror Tiara.
By Otomis 2013-01-02 12:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never seen that sight either, it is kinda fun to play with. Seems you will get better results from DPS xmls. yet still a fun tool.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-02 12:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't generally use the "well-rounded" option. But for questions like "How much of X stat can I stack"? Invaluable.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-01-02 12:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm mistaken, +1 refresh is worth 3.333hmp. Use the refresh hairpin or Spurrina Coif w/augment and use the refresh earring. I was lucky enough to get some hmp on my refresh subligar, so there's that.
[+]
By dasanuffadat 2013-01-02 12:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, thanks Ihina. I didn't know the direct correlation. That will definitely help.

Edit: So in light of that, Heka+khat would just about equal chelona body + cobra hat yes? and chelona body + refresh hairpin would trump both those?

And boo on the tiara, overlooked that :(
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-02 12:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. I use hairpin+Chelona body.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2013-01-02 12:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Unless I'm mistaken, +1 refresh is worth 3.333hmp. Use the refresh hairpin or Spurrina Coif w/augment and use the refresh earring. I was lucky enough to get some hmp on my refresh subligar, so there's that.

Are you referring to the Moonshade Earring? If so, I don't think the refresh works while resting. If there is another refresh earring, I certainly want to know about it.
By dasanuffadat 2013-01-02 12:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I looked it up. Should I aim for tier 3 or tier 4 gold lights to get augmented gear? I've never farmed aug's before intentionally. Any suggestions on which mobs would be best to tackle?

Quote:
Are you referring to the Moonshade Earring? If so, I don't think the refresh works while resting. If there is another refresh earring, I certainly want to know about it.

I think she is and if so, yeah that earring doesn't work when resting to my knowledge.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-01-02 12:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
I have never seen that sight either, it is kinda fun to play with. Seems you will get better results from DPS xmls. yet still a fun tool.
It's really not designed to give the "BEST" gear results as the program is static weighing each stat for a given purpose. But it's very helpful for finding gear with stats that may be lesser known or you just didn't find it elsewhere.

He's also very on top of updating with new gear.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-02 12:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea Lights!

I build azure (tonberries), then amber (treants), then just get pearl as I go. I usually farm the Saplings since you can't get Ruby from them, which means I can kill with WS without throwing off what I'm doing.

And no, Moonshade doesn't work while resting, or engaged.
By dasanuffadat 2013-01-03 12:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds good, thanks for all the tips and advice everyone! Hopefully some others get use from this as well.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-03 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

HMP sets is kind of a waste of space these days =/
Used to love mine back at 75, but it's more or less just the same as my idle gear now..
 Asura.Werdxi
Server: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-01-03 12:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to put on auto refresh gear on your HMP set too. A healing tick, not including the 1st tick, is 10 seconds. a refresh tick is 3 seconds, so no matter what, an auto refresh of 1mp/tick is at least equal to 3HMP and a 33.3% chance of 4HMP if the refresh tick hits your HMP tick on the same second.

Considering the 1st tick is 20 seconds, that makes refreshly doubly useful at that period. I notice you're using a +8HMP body, but take into consideration a body w/ refresh+2. If you were to rest for 1 minute, w/ that body you'd get 40 MP. With a refresh body you'd get about 19 refresh ticks for a total of 38 MP. But the benefit is if you have to suddenly get up between a tick to do something that mages do, like cure, you're gaining more benefit from the refresh than the HMP.
 Shiva.Darkemerald
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkemerald 2013-01-03 12:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how much you'd want to spend on the time for it, however a Goliard Chappeau is +2 HMP if it would be easier for you to obtain that some other head options. It could at least be a good inbetween option until you get a refresh +1 head.
By itchi508 2013-01-03 13:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a whm but my friend is main whm with a +54 mp wile resting set. Once clear mind kicks in after 2nd tick he's getting 80+ tick not to mention any refresh and cookies you may have on top of that will break 100+ mp tick. If you are a real whm you should have a set unless your just a abyssea whm. Plenty of situations where it will be used if you do content other than abyssea & VW.

Wizard cookie = +7
Gear +60
Refresh 3tick per 1 Healing tick. Your at +70 to start before clear mind is active and any extra refresh gear you have

Most of this is easily obtainable to anyone minus the nares which is substitutable. Zeni is easily soloable for Oricales and rest off AH at a low cost. There maybe better gear to increase more but this is what friend uses atm.

Asura.Werdxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-01-03 13:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
I'm not a whm but my friend is main whm with a +54 mp wile resting set. Once clear mind kicks in after 2nd tick he's getting 80+ tick not to mention any refresh and cookies you may have on top of that will break 100+ mp tick. If you are a real whm you should have a set unless your just a abyssea whm. Plenty of situations where it will be used if you do content other than abyssea & VW. Wizard cookie = +7 Gear +54 Your at +61 to start before clear mind is active. Most of this is easily obtainable to anyone minus the nares which is substitutable. Zeni is easily soloable for Oricales and rest off AH at a low cost. There maybe better gear to increase more but this is what friend uses atm.

I agree its important to have an HMP set, especially as whm being ppl are relying on you to live. Although i have a full set for idle/auto refresh, pre cure, mide cure, enfeebles, enhancing, bar spells, regens, conserve mp and whatever one-offs that exist. HMP falls behind a lot of these sets and for that,i've had to scale back on what i use. I'm pretty sure i'm around +40 or so. Definitely helps when you only have maybe 30 seconds before your tank will need you again.
By dasanuffadat 2013-01-03 13:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we talked about the 1 refresh = 3.33 HMP a little ways up in this thread. Actually currently farming the hairpin now.

I know there isn't a whole lot of use currently and is why I didn't even have a set - just never needed it.

With that said, the reason I'm making the set is for SoA. I'm fairly certain that we're going to see less use of temp item spam and atma type abilities. The rewards for the SoA tele quests also give +5HMP which makes me think it's a hint that we're going to need to invest in them, so I am while it's cheap to do so :)

Edit: And also SE has been implementing HMP on a good number of endgame pieces as of late.
 Carbuncle.Funsam
Server: Carbuncle
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2013-01-03 14:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
I'm not a whm but my friend is main whm with a +54 mp wile resting set. Once clear mind kicks in after 2nd tick he's getting 80+ tick not to mention any refresh and cookies you may have on top of that will break 100+ mp tick. If you are a real whm you should have a set unless your just a abyssea whm. Plenty of situations where it will be used if you do content other than abyssea & VW.

Wizard cookie = +7
Gear +54
Refresh 3tic per HMP tic
Your at +64 to start before clear mind is active and any extra refresh you have

Most of this is easily obtainable to anyone minus the nares which is substitutable. Zeni is easily soloable for Oricales and rest off AH at a low cost. There maybe better gear to increase more but this is what friend uses atm.

not sure why I'm seeing Lore robes+1 on most the builds its only +7 hmp. http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10275/chelona-blazer-1 the better option +9hmp (although more expensive & rarer) but depending on other jobs like sch & blm can use chelona & can't with lores's, also the Chelona Blazer nq is very cheap & has +8hmp beating a lores.
 Asura.Werdxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-01-03 14:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So true. Plus i keep all my ex gear from years ago on my mule JUST IN CASE it becomes magically amazing.
By itchi508 2013-01-03 14:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe SoA will need it for sure besides that Legion, Arch Odin, Omega, Ultima, Meeble borrows, Salvage, Einhjar and ADL whms should have them time is against you on that content and can't wait for mp specially ADL should you not be waisting time waiting to pop because Your only Whm has no mp. Or members are in red for over 30sec, there's no excuse that cant fix that problem, weather it be tomb Nms or ADL. If you don't do any of the content I mentioned then I suggest any whm that intends to play there job and be beneficial to start looking into a set before SoA release otherwise don't play Whm. We don't have MM outside Aby XD I, excited to see some challenge brought to the game and see where everyone's skill is really at. a lot of people who think there good are going to be put in there place!!
By itchi508 2013-01-03 14:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought there was a club + shield that would beat the 11 from staff/grip unsure tho i could be wrong
 Asura.Werdxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-01-03 14:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

the club/shield combo i used to use. its a +7 club if you're bastokan i think...its been a while and a +4 or 5 shield. The legion scutum. an all jobs shield you get via T3 ZNM (not vnm). although the numen staff and the ariesian grip give 15. as far as i know, thats the best weapon slot hmp

Edit: found it. the Senior Gold Musketeer's Rod for +7 bastokians
 Shiva.Darkemerald
By Shiva.Darkemerald 2013-01-03 14:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

As Werdxi said, Numen would be the best and it is free, minus the time it would take to farm the chests in the Ruins... those chests suck a lot sometimes.
 Shiva.Darkemerald
By Shiva.Darkemerald 2013-01-03 14:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are set on a shield club combo tho, don't forget about Legion Scutum