Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 224 225 226

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2017-11-17 11:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
1. Just burn a couple stones to put an augment line on each piece, but don't really waste time/gil with this. This isn't suppose to be a long term set.

2. Chaac belt is nice for TH+ and Asperity necklace is still a pretty decent starting option for neck piece. The rest can be skipped.

3. Start spamming Ambuscade once you have a decent 119 set.

It seems my fear of not being geared well enough to do ambuscade was what was holding me back. could easily duo box VE and E without trust (forgets them since i dont really like them) and the basic gear from abuscade easy compares and outbeats well augment skirmish gear...
Doing intense E now regulary

So you where spot on. Thank you.
I needed s mental adjustment. Yhe game is not how it used to be when I played the last time
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-11-17 11:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
It seems my fear of not being geared well enough to do ambuscade was what was holding me back. could easily duo box VE and E without trust (forgets them since i dont really like them) and the basic gear from abuscade easy compares and outbeats well augment skirmish gear...

I needed s mental adjustment. Yhe game is not how it used to be when I played the last time

lolwhat?! So, because you "don't like them", you won't use Trusts...?
By BlaTheTaru 2017-11-17 12:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bro get that cornelia, yoran, koru, and qultada out and smash all the things.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-17 19:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
DaneBlood said: »

lolwhat?! So, because you "don't like them", you won't use Trusts...?

Not the first person I've heard of feeling this way. It adds a whole other dimension of difficulty to the game, when you want to be the solo hero.
That said, if you can just think of them as pieces of gear, you might enjoy them. Maybe start with just the Aura-effect ones?
Either way, enjoy the game the way you like it!
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-17 22:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some benchmarking with Raetic Algol on Neak today. 7.8k DPS. Definitely lived up to the hype. I think I could average more than 8k with the HQ.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-11-17 22:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I did some benchmarking with Raetic Algol on Neak today. 7.8k DPS. Definitely lived up to the hype. I think I could average more than 8k with the HQ.

How? avg dps of a weapon is real use never breaks 5k. 8k would imply like a 45k ws avg in practice.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-18 01:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Samurai Roll, Fighter's Roll and capped haste/acc/attack. I think almost every 2 hander can break 5k with those buffs. I got about 6.4~6.6k on RUN. 31k ws avg on WAR and 33k ws avg on RUN. For reference I did about 5.9k on WAR with just Samurai Roll and Montante +1 (WAR). I would actually rate RUN as better for this situation though because the Light skillchain damage is very significant.

I'm interested to see what DRK can pull off with Raetic Algol. Basically identical gear to WAR but different JA. DRK also has Torcleaver.
By geigei 2017-11-18 02:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I got algol for my run, just tested outside adoulin, mp is depleted really fast and i'm a taru. Is it possible to ditch some multi gear for stp for a better xhit?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-18 06:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I got algol for my run, just tested outside adoulin, mp is depleted really fast and i'm a taru. Is it possible to ditch some multi gear for stp for a better xhit?

This weapon only really useful in Escha when you have at least 5 refresh voresals with double blessing up. It's 5% of max MP per attack round, so regardless you have 20 attack rounds until MP depletion without some serious refresh effects. I've used it on several zerg fights and without a lot of refresh vorseals it's going to putter out. With good refresh effects it's pretty crazy for TP gain, a powered up version of the Montante +1.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-18 07:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just experimented with DRK in Reisen and holy ***you burn through MP super fast, over 50 MP per attack round. It's crazy nice TP gain but then your running on empty.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-18 11:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't feel like you need any refresh in escha if you have Samurai Roll. Your MP gets refilled between each fight unless you're doing T4 and usually 1 attack round results in 1 WS, sometimes 2 attack rounds. I never ran out of MP on any of the Neak. Even with just 1 other DD, the fights were not long enough.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-18 11:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

. Your MP gets refilled between each fight unless you're doing T4 and usually 1 attack round results in 1 WS, sometimes 2 attack rounds.

I've used it on WoC both with and without the blessing and it made a huge difference, and that's on WAR with a 27MP per attack round drain effect. 5MP/tick had me running out near the end of the fight while 10MP/tick I still had ~20% of my MP pool remaining. Tried on DRK and MP is gone so fast it's not even funny, though it's hilarious how fun it is to use. If you want to see it "without refresh vorseals" then go fight a HTBC or Omen and watch what it does.

InB4 "you suck" argument.
By Afania 2017-11-18 18:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested to see what DRK can pull off with Raetic Algol. Basically identical gear to WAR but different JA. DRK also has Torcleaver.

May be worth trying by switching to scythe for entropy every 5 ws or so.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-25 00:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Been ruminating over hybrid sets today. This is what I came up with.

ItemSet 354671

Compared with the following TP set (sans weapon)

ItemSet 353813

The stat deltas

Store TP -37
Double Attack -1
Triple Attack -1
Quadruple Attack -3
Physical Damage Taken -2% -> -3%
Damage Taken -0% -> -49%
Magic Evasion -97
Resistance to all status elements +19
Zanshin -10
Haste -1%
Convert 14% of damage taken to TP

If you're using Green Wyvern Cheer then you end up at 26% Haste although it might be good to test and see if that's even necessary. You're over capped by 2 PDT so you can use NQ Staunch Tathlum and NQ Arke Corozza without giving up capped PDT.

I wish Bravura aftermath was changed to -20% DT2.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-25 11:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Spend some more time analyzing the above set. If you want in between values of DT (instead of all or nothing) then there is some complexity in choosing what pieces you want to swap out as you will lose haste cap if you choose them arbitrarily. I used the following formula to rate which pieces gave the most DT given the amount of DPS stats you were swapping out (r = (PDT + DT)/(STP + DA + 2*TA + 3*QA)). It's not exact but it's probably good enough for this purpose.
Code
Sulevia's Mask +2       1
Arke Corozza +1	        0.846153846
Sulevia's Gauntlets +2	2.5
Sulevia's Cuisses +2	1
Loyalist's Sabatons	0.375
Moonlight Ring	        5
Defending Ring          1.666666667
Staunch Tathlum +1	1

So the first piece you want to swap in is Moonlight Ring. If you have Green Wyvern Memento you can swap in Sulevia's Gauntlets +2 and Ioskeha Belt +1 although you will uncap haste otherwise. The next step would then be another Moonlight Ring and then Defending Ring. After this, you need to either swap in the feet (they are pretty meh TBH) or use reforged AF+3 feet and a Hasty Pinion. This will let you swap in the other remaining pieces (Mask -> Cuisses -> Ark) before finally swapping into the full DT set without losing capped Haste.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-06 21:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

chango
[+]
 Valefor.Corvin
Server: Valefor
user: wesman121
By Valefor.Corvin 2017-12-06 23:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the conqueror even worth going for, or just something to say you have?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-06 23:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

just something to say you have
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-07 00:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

macro gear!
[+]
 Valefor.Corvin
Server: Valefor
user: wesman121
By Valefor.Corvin 2017-12-07 00:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang i actually wanted to use it lol
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-12-07 06:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Chango is best, but I remember reading something about Conq and King's Justice somewhere in this thread. Not a War but maybe take a minute to look through or wait on someone that remembers.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-07 08:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Chango is best, but I remember reading something about Conq and King's Justice somewhere in this thread. Not a War but maybe take a minute to look through or wait on someone that remembers.

Chango is strongest because it's best doing what GAXE excels at in the first place. Conq spamming KJ can put on pretty decent numbers, but then using a GS and spamming Resolution would be better in that situation.
 Shiva.Isolation
Server: Shiva
user: ringly
By Shiva.Isolation 2017-12-07 09:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Corvin said: »
Dang i actually wanted to use it lol
Its my 16.95 a month and I still do!
By Taint 2017-12-07 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does Bravura fit in? Metatron has decent mods, elements and -18.75% def down effect. (AM doesn't hurt either) Eva down and 60acc as well.

Seems like it would have lower DPS then Chango but is built very well for what GAs do. SCs, and debuffs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-07 16:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Where does Bravura fit in? Metatron has decent mods, elements and -18.75% def down effect. (AM doesn't hurt either) Eva down and 60acc as well.

Seems like it would have lower DPS then Chango but is built very well for what GAs do. SCs, and debuffs.

It's for hybrid DT, it's AM effect lets you continue fighting while in nearly full DD gear. MT is extremely consistent damage but still weaker then Upheaval with appropriate gear sets.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-07 16:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Metatron's debuff doesn't land very well and if you think it's better suited for SCs than Chango then I don't know what to say.
By Taint 2017-12-07 16:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Metatron's debuff doesn't land very well and if you think it's better suited for SCs than Chango then I don't know what to say.

Definitely didn't say that lol....

Didn't know Metas effect didn't land consistently. So its purely a hybrid weapon as Saevel mentioned.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-07 18:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

Definitely didn't say that lol....

Didn't know Metas effect didn't land consistently. So its purely a hybrid weapon as Saevel mentioned.

I found Full Break to be fare more consistent in full Flamma +1/2 if that's what your after. Armor Break and MT seem to either get overwritten constantly or just not take effect.
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 224 225 226