Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 224 225 226
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-14 17:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone have the bast tp value per swing for the Sangarius and the Sangarius +1?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-14 17:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can just calculate it from the delay~

Sangarius: 290 delay, 87 tp/hit
Sangarius +1: 281 delay, 85 tp/hit
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-14 18:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
how do u do that?
By Chyula 2015-08-14 18:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf now we need xhit build for 1hander?!.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-14 18:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

not allowed to be curious about things?
You know how long its been since iv used a single 1h weapon? Probably back in 08~
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-15 18:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
how do u do that?

Equations >_>;
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-15 18:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
how do u do that?

Equations >_>;

thanks. between all the time off, and working on moving soon, iv forgotten quite a lot. :/
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-16 04:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Fiasko said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:
Torn between crit rate build with rancor collar or defiant necklace.

Crit builds suck, goes doubly for Crit Hit Damage. Change all that Acro CHD into +DA or +STP depending on what your x-hit is looking like. Even with AM3 up, DA still adds ~some~ amount of damage while CHD is so small that it's only useful in large quantities, like that from the Emp feet. This is because CHD is a percentage of a percentage, waters down the effect. DA +3 / Store TP +6 will generally give you more damage per slot.

Except Crit Dmg doesn't take up stp or da slot. It overwrites the STR/DEX.

STR / DEX would be a better option in general. DEX adds both accuracy and crit rate, especially in the range of 40~50 dDEX. I would take the fSTR, DDEX, atk and acc over such small amounts of CHD. If it was crit hit rate or if the CHD was over 5 per piece, then there would be a good argument for it. Unless your fighting content where your extremely overpowered, in which case I don't' think it matters anymore.

I tried a +CHD setup on those pieces, didn't do nearly as well as I thought it would. Switched to +7 STR/DEX and it worked much better overall.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-16 04:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
wtf now we need xhit build for 1hander?!.

Store TP is important to all jobs, not just 2H. The only reason it wasn't used for 1H in the past was that 1H never got enough of it to make much of a difference while also getting tons of multi-attack. Gear for the 2H jobs (WAR / DRK / SAM / DRG) tended to have lots of Store TP along with getting +15 from /SAM, so we took advantage of it. Now there is plenty of Store TP for everyone, so all jobs should look to utilize it to shorten time to 1000.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-08-19 03:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

how up to date is the guide? seems to me from reading posts its not accurate.

if anyone can point me in the right direction id appreciate it.

im trying to update my lua and would like to know what is the standard for gear and weapon(s). seems alot of macbain vs dw vs sverga.
 Sylph.Sokku
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sokku 2015-08-29 04:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
how up to date is the guide? seems to me from reading posts its not accurate.

if anyone can point me in the right direction id appreciate it.

im trying to update my lua and would like to know what is the standard for gear and weapon(s). seems alot of macbain vs dw vs sverga.

Could I grab a copy of yours?
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-08-31 13:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Crit builds suck, goes doubly for Crit Hit Damage. Change all that Acro CHD into +DA or +STP depending on what your x-hit is looking like. Even with AM3 up, DA still adds ~some~ amount of damage while CHD is so small that it's only useful in large quantities, like that from the Emp feet. This is because CHD is a percentage of a percentage, waters down the effect. DA +3 / Store TP +6 will generally give you more damage per slot.

STR / DEX would be a better option in general. DEX adds both accuracy and crit rate, especially in the range of 40~50 dDEX. I would take the fSTR, DDEX, atk and acc over such small amounts of CHD. If it was crit hit rate or if the CHD was over 5 per piece, then there would be a good argument for it. Unless your fighting content where your extremely overpowered, in which case I don't' think it matters anymore.

I tried a +CHD setup on those pieces, didn't do nearly as well as I thought it would. Switched to +7 STR/DEX and it worked much better overall.

What weapon did you use and it would at most be 21Str/21dex (3 pieces with str and dex)

So the next question would be what are the dDex tiers and am I going to have to create a MS set, because let's face it WAR shines when we Zerg for 45 second fights!

I really need to download the newest spreadsheet and play with the numbers, because all this back and forth isn't helping anyone. :(
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-31 17:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

What weapon did you use and it would at most be 21Str/21dex (3 pieces with str and dex)

So the next question would be what are the dDex tiers and am I going to have to create a MS set, because let's face it WAR shines when we Zerg for 45 second fights!

I really need to download the newest spreadsheet and play with the numbers, because all this back and forth isn't helping anyone. :(

Weapons include Macbain and Savarga with pretty much perfect augments and the Sword / Shield fencer build. Depending on weapon you'll usually be TPing in Empy Head, Body and Feet so 2~3 pieces.

This is dDEX

https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Critical_Hit_Rate&%2Fbg%2FDDEX=#Melee_Critical_Hit_Rate_.28dDEX.29

Notice that from 0 ~ 40 it's a very small increase of only +5% but at 41+ every 1 DEX gives 1 crit. That last 10 DEX is worth 10% crit rate. 14 DEX gives 10.5 accuracy and 21 DEX gives 15.75 accuracy and these days accuracy matters along with attack.

As I said earlier, the problem with Crit Hit Damage is that it's a very small percentage multiplied by another percentage. And like most things in FFXI you experience diminishing returns as you stack more of it. So unless your getting a lot in one place, like the Emp feet, or there isn't too many other options like Yetshila, it's rarely worth stacking CHD. If you get it "for free" then it's nice, but otherwise I wouldn't ever sacrifice for it.

I even tried using a CHD build with Ragnarok, figuring the +14% crit rate would make it better, but ultimately the other stats won out.
By Zillion 2015-09-05 02:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone found out where this comes from? http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20847/router
By Draylo 2015-09-05 03:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Zillion said: »
has anyone found out where this comes from? http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20847/router

Tier III Escha-Zitah NM, Fleetstalker.
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2015-09-05 11:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also worth noting that's it's very rare drop, we're talking Tartaru's platemail and every other items with visual effects rare.
 Bismarck.Ronalas
Server: Bismarck
user: jackx
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2015-09-10 00:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does a max Ferocity ga from sr stack against the other great axe's ?
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-10-06 17:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow warriors! (what few of you there are) After returning from taking the summer off from FFXI I find myself surprisingly behind. There is a ton of new gear to comb over, and I think I've done an ok job but I wanted to hopefully start the discussion on gearsets to work towards. First off, when I left, right before escha was introduced, Macbain was atop the hierarchy. However, it would appear that with the new gifts and new gear, conq has regained it's reign as top, so i'll be talking specifically about gear for that. To start off, I am currently using
ItemSet 328646
For TP, And
ItemSet 326453
For ukko's.

I'm, planning on working towards:

TP
ItemSet 338500

Ukko's
ItemSet 338501

I haven't looked at anything other than base tp/ws sets as of yet. Thoughts/feedback is appreciated!

P.S. I am fully aware of the state of the job, but intend on continuing to play it as much as possible as the game draws to a close.
[+]
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-10-16 13:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 338501

Wouldn't a good Mauler's mantle / Rancor Collar beat the Rancorous / Fotia for Ukko's? (I know I don't like losing the TP retainment either)

More so when you need acc, but I am not sure what paths you went on Heca 2.0.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-04 21:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys think about the Argosy and Lustratio gear? Notably both the HQ and NQ pieces as I'm not sure I'm going to be dropping that kind of money to get the +1. My personal thinking is the Argosy seems much more balanced between STR / DEX / Atk / Acc on a per-piece level for min-maxing while the Lustratio really seemed kinda lopsided. Asking the same question in the DRK forums since I play both jobs and see how it pans out.
 Leviathan.Egonn
Server: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2015-11-05 06:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys think about the Argosy and Lustratio gear? Notably both the HQ and NQ pieces as I'm not sure I'm going to be dropping that kind of money to get the +1. My personal thinking is the Argosy seems much more balanced between STR / DEX / Atk / Acc on a per-piece level for min-maxing while the Lustratio really seemed kinda lopsided. Asking the same question in the DRK forums since I play both jobs and see how it pans out.
I would say Lustratio +1 is incredible for WS, and Argosy +1 would be incredible for TPing. But with the full Arg set you would need a different belt to hit haste cap. That's just my two cents. Perhaps someone else could give us a hybrid build.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-05 07:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »
I would say Lustratio +1 is incredible for WS, and Argosy +1 would be incredible for TPing. But with the full Arg set you would need a different belt to hit haste cap. That's just my two cents. Perhaps someone else could give us a hybrid build.

Lustr +1 set bonus only works on first hit of WS and neither set has VIT / MND so its poor for anything without pure STR WSC. And you wouldn't TP in Arq at all, it's a deathtrap without the iLevel stat vommit that other armor has. Both are pure WS sets, so just seeing what others picked up on which WS they would be used for.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-11-06 15:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Egonn said: »

Lustr +1 set bonus only works on first hit of WS and neither set has VIT / MND so its poor for anything without pure STR WSC. And you wouldn't TP in Arq at all, it's a deathtrap without the iLevel stat vommit that other armor has. Both are pure WS sets, so just seeing what others picked up on which WS they would be used for.
Argosy Path D is great to TP in but you are right. Defense is so poor in it that its not worth it. It's fun though, you hit really hard and getting one-shotted atleast has some entertainment value.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-11-09 16:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the war spreadsheet account for ilevel difference ?

i just returned to the game and is running around in bayld +1, cizing & emp+2 gear combo.
And i triee messing around with the sparks gear but i couldn't find any combo that would be an improvement according to the spreadsheet.
 Bahamut.Lykinia
Server: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2015-11-10 12:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

DMG:336 Delay:480 Magic Damage+155
Great Axe skill +269 Parrying skill +269
Magic Accuracy skill +228 "Store TP"+10
"TP Bonus"+500
"Upheaval" Aftermath: Increases skillchain potency Increases magic burst potency Ultimate Skillchain
Chango

Looks cool. Upheaval....sigh. I'll roll with it. Not sure what magic dmg is for on GA. Maybe it adds to the Skillchain damage total.

DMG:177 Delay:280 HP+55 MP+55 Accuracy+36
Sword skill +242 Parrying skill +242
Magic Accuracy skill +188
Critical hit rate +4%
Unity Ranking: "Fast Cast"+3~6%
Tanmogayi +1
Along with Kirin's sword (gonna brew that fool) from the previous update:

DMG:164 Delay:268 Attack+43 Sword skill +242
Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188
"Regain"+30 Critical hit damage +5% Weapon Skill damage +4%
Reikiko

So +70 more fencer. +230 from Gifts, +100 from Boii Cuisses +1, +50 from my Blurred Shield +1 and 250 tp from Moonshade = 2130Tp Savage at 1k tp. Not to mention being able to add more sword skill now through merits. Can switch Boii out for Argosy Breeches Path D and still be at 2k tp with 12 more str. Should be very fun.

DEF:107 HP+27 STR+8 DEX+32 VIT+32 AGI+7 INT+6 MND+23 CHR+16 Accuracy+30 Attack+20 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+32 "Magic Def. Bonus"+1 Haste+4% "Madrigal": Accuracy+50

Composer's Mitts

DEF:89 HP+15 STR+16 DEX+19 VIT+16 AGI+25 MND+5 CHR+19 Accuracy+20 Attack+30 Evasion+55 Magic Evasion+80 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+3% Minuet: Attack+50

Composer's Sabots

I asked for 100 more accuracy and they answered. Thank you SE. There are other items that look good too especially if they can be Aug'd. These are the ones that I thought were most exciting.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-11-14 04:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a pair of Odyssean Gauntlets. Right now they are augmented with: 8 STR, 25 ACC, 34 ATT, 4 Cure Pot.

Notably I saw Weapon Skill Dmg (+2), Weaponskill ACC, -enimty, dex/vit/mnd/int (Max stat I saw was 13), cure pot received, Double attack (+3)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-11-15 04:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The valorous gear can give you a ***to of accuracy and attack with some DA / sTP / ect. They go a long way to solving WAR's acc issues, though not it's lackluster WS issue (fencer build aside).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-12-23 22:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick curios question.

Would it be enough to "Save war" with GAxe build if S.E. removed the old uko furry and bloodrage nerf ? or to make upheaval str based instead of vit ?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-23 23:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No it wouldn't. The "nerf" has already been effectively removed from blood rage if you look at the JP categories and gifts. Ukko's just had a slight reduction in crit rate, it was VS that took a big hit.

Upheaval to STR would help but it wouldn't be nearly enough. Both of those WS's need to either be converted to "fTP copies to hits" and then have their first hit fTP adjusted accordingly or have their first hit fTP dramatically increased.

Right now a Fencer Savage Blade build is your best bet for high damage, that or a Cloud Splitter Axe build with Maliase for SC's.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-12-24 03:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

TY for the info time to fininsh up farsha then.

Since CLoudsplitter is elemental dmg i assume gear with MAB would yield improved dmg. (especially looking at skirmish gear right now)?

and is it baseed on fINT rather than fSTR ?
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 224 225 226