War use a sword now, wake up!.

And your war uses panties.
By Chyula 2015-02-20 13:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Chyula said: »

and your war not using one (Zoar Subligar +1)? epic phail!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 13:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And your WAR doesn't have a mythic, so you both fail!
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 14:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

And your mythic WAR tp in cizin nq 4/5.

Thats called fail by definition.
 Valefor.Pyroluv
Server: Valefor
user: pyroluv
By Valefor.Pyroluv 2015-02-20 14:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not subbing /mnk for acc,eva and hp boost = failga
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 14:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you saw my idle set. That wasn't my TP set.

I'm not going to upgrade cizin set that already has -4% PDT on all pieces...
By Pantafernando 2015-02-20 14:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt know that Jeuno became so dangerous lately.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-20 14:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you think chuyla is all of the time? That ***taru likes to stab people in the shins too much.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-02-20 14:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you think chuyla is all of the time? That ***taru likes to stab people in the shins too much.

Haters!, keep hating on my spark/bayld gear set on my war.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-02-23 11:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pushed out some generic new sets if there's any warriors looking for something to work towards!

TP: Augs- acro has acc/att, stp, critdmg on all

ItemSet 328646

Upheaval: Augs- Yorium has at least acc/att + vit

ItemSet 326451

Ukkos: Augs - Acro has crit dmg+, acc/att, and dblatt

ItemSet 326453

Good luck!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-02-26 10:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated most of the great axe TP sets in the guide. If you have any suggestions/edits/upgrades/requests let me know.
[+]
By kithaofcerb 2015-02-26 12:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody have a general idea of the DPS difference between Rag, Ukon and Conqueror? I don't trust myself with spreadsheet, as I don't play WAR...

Second question: Is question one even relevant or do WAR's just spam Savage Blade now?
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
Server: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-02-27 08:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejiin, I'm a little confused here, most of the sets with Acro gear in them only seem to have 22% gear haste.
Are one of those pieces supposed to have a haste augment?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-02-27 09:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Head is augmented with Haste+3. I'll add that to the notes in the guide(it was in the notes of the itemset).
By palladin9479 2015-02-27 10:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »
Ejiin, I'm a little confused here, most of the sets with Acro gear in them only seem to have 22% gear haste.
Are one of those pieces supposed to have a haste augment?

I went with Store TP +6 on the head and just use Cetl Belt. So far I got

Head:
Store TP +6
Atk/Acc +19
Crit Hit Damage +2%

Body:
DA +3
Atk/Acc +19
STR / AGI +7

Hands:
DA +3
Atk/Acc +19
STR/DEX +5

Legs:
Nothing yet, Use Relic +1 instead

Feet:
DA +3
Atk/Acc +15/15
STR/DEX +6

This was for a Rag 6-hit build. Total is Crit +30%, Crit Hit Damage +17%, DA +55 with a little bit of TA off the Oneiros ring. I've been debating putting Haste on either the head and using Windbuffet +1 with the other Store TP ring. I like DA+3 on the feet because I use those as a resolution WS piece. I need to see if I can get some of those pieces to 20/20 Atk / Acc, some higher STR augments and the head to Crit Hit damage +3%. Maulers mantle been a complete d!ck to me and best is STR+3 DEX +4 Acc +3.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-02-28 14:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 328646

Fasaga did you need the 3 stp from asperity necklace?
(could swap rancorous/asperity for a well augmented maulers/rancor)
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-01 11:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Fiasko said: »
ItemSet 328646

Fasaga did you need the 3 stp from asperity necklace?
(could swap rancorous/asperity for a well augmented maulers/rancor)

If you have either a 5% crit dmg aug, or a 4% crit with 5str/5dex then mauler's pulls ahead. Unfortunately, after lots of incursion, and a good chunk of refractive crystals, I'm still stuck at str/dex+2, and crit dmg +2. But ya, if you have a good cape, I'd make the swap.
By amadis 2015-03-02 04:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Are relic legs still best in slot providing you don't need acc or any STP in that slot? not sure if they'd still be best or if subligar might take over
By palladin9479 2015-03-02 19:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you have either a 5% crit dmg aug, or a 4% crit with 5str/5dex then mauler's pulls ahead. Unfortunately, after lots of incursion, and a good chunk of refractive crystals, I'm still stuck at str/dex+2, and crit dmg +2. But ya, if you have a good cape, I'd make the swap.

I wouldn't ever TP in Ranc mantle just because the DT -10% +10% is killer. In any situation where it wouldn't matter to use it, you don't really care about your damage anyway, and any situation where your damage is important then that -10% can kill you. Same reason I try to always TP in 119 gear.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-02 19:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you mean DT+10%, but that's the same reason I don't TP in rancor gear anymore. 99% of the time it's still less dangerous than using berserk, but it's just not worth the DPS loss if it makes you a dead DD instead of a nearly dead DD.
[+]
By palladin9479 2015-03-03 21:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
99% of the time it's still less dangerous than using berserk, but it's just not worth the DPS loss if it makes you a dead DD instead of a nearly dead DD

Berserk gives a far larger DPS increase then Ranc Mantle, the real danger is using both together since their effects multiply into each other. Taking a flat 10% more damage from everything is just not worth an additional 5% crit rate unless your fighting stuff so weak that it's not really a topic to discuss. Same reason I use Qaaxo over Thaumas on BLU, defensive stats mean something now that SE has given everything ridiculous TP moves.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-04 07:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The only monsters you really run the risk of dying on is T4 mandy in yorcia, and MB of incursion at high levels when he uses MS. Other than that, if your dying bring better support.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-03-04 10:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 333786

ItemSet 333787

With capped attack and accuracy, I'm getting these sets at 1922 DPS. With the exact same buffs and mob, I get Koga SAM at 1997 DPS and Tsuru SAM somewhere around 1500 DPS. So WAR actually got a pretty large boost this update in terms of restoring it into the 2hand DD hierarchy. With WAR's SPs active, DPS becomes absolutely absurd, reaching over 4K DPS with Crit. Damage augments on Acro.

Augments:
•Macbain: Damage+30 or more and DA+6.
•Acro Helm: Haste+3, STR/DEX+7.
•Acro body/legs/feet/hands for TP: STR/DEX+7 and STP+6.
•Acro body/legs/feet/hands for WS: STR+10 and DA+3.
•Mauler's Mantle: STR+5 and Crit. Damage +5%.
By palladin9479 2015-03-05 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
The only monsters you really run the risk of dying on is T4 mandy in yorcia, and MB of incursion at high levels when he uses MS. Other than that, if your dying bring better support.

That's a very dumb statement by someone who's never had to main heal a serious event.

The problem with healing in FFXI is SE implemented a global three second lockout for spells. No matter how much haste, fast cast or quickcast you have, once you cast a spell you must wait three seconds until you can issue he command to cast another one. During that time you can't do squat to help out your melee's. When the healer casts haste, that's three seconds after the cast finish's that they can't do anything. Whenever they cast erase, sacrifice, paralyna or even Curaga III / IV, they then must wait the full three seconds before starting to cast the next spell. So if the healer cast paralyna to remove that annoying paralyze from you, and during that cast the NM decided to hit you for 800 damage, there is absolutely jack ***the healer can do about it for at least 4~5 seconds. During that time the NM can decide to throw a party inside your a$$hole and render you into a zero HP, zero DPS pile of slag who sits there complaining about cures or "my healer sucks!!!". Even if the healer was to cancel their cast with /heal, they still suffer the three second lockout. This lockout is so immutable that every RDM who has ever done CSS should be intimately familiar with it. As a DD one of your priorities is to have a time-to-live of at least six to seven seconds, preferably ten, that gives your healer enough time to fire off a Curaga III / IV after a poorly timed NM TP move that coincides with something regular like Paralyna / Haste / Erase / Cursna or even just a top-off cure like Curaga II.

Wearing an item that gives DT+10% while your also riding an offensive JA that gives defense -25% fighting monsters that frequently inflict further defense down is the very definition of suicide. Might as well be on DRK/WAR doing LR + Berserk + Souleater then complaining that your "healers suck".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-05 16:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »

That's a very dumb statement by someone who's never had to main heal a serious event.

The problem with healing in FFXI is SE implemented a global three second lockout for spells. No matter how much haste, fast cast or quickcast you have, once you cast a spell you must wait three seconds until you can issue he command to cast another one. During that time you can't do squat to help out your melee's. When the healer casts haste, that's three seconds after the cast finish's that they can't do anything. Whenever they cast erase, sacrifice, paralyna or even Curaga III / IV, they then must wait the full three seconds before starting to cast the next spell. So if the healer cast paralyna to remove that annoying paralyze from you, and during that cast the NM decided to hit you for 800 damage, there is absolutely jack ***the healer can do about it for at least 4~5 seconds. During that time the NM can decide to throw a party inside your a$$hole and render you into a zero HP, zero DPS pile of slag who sits there complaining about cures or "my healer sucks!!!". Even if the healer was to cancel their cast with /heal, they still suffer the three second lockout. This lockout is so immutable that every RDM who has ever done CSS should be intimately familiar with it. As a DD one of your priorities is to have a time-to-live of at least six to seven seconds, preferably ten, that gives your healer enough time to fire off a Curaga III / IV after a poorly timed NM TP move that coincides with something regular like Paralyna / Haste / Erase / Cursna or even just a top-off cure like Curaga II.

Wearing an item that gives DT+10% while your also riding an offensive JA that gives defense -25% fighting monsters that frequently inflict further defense down is the very definition of suicide. Might as well be on DRK/WAR doing LR + Berserk + Souleater then complaining that your "healers suck".

Well first off, I often am the whm, or my mule is. Second off, I'm not arguing there are times when you shouldn't wear it. But you really are overestimating how hard it is to play white mage. Especially when you have a bard who can essentially do the same. What NM's are frequently hitting you for 800 damage that you'd bring a warrior to? If your getting hit that hard as it is, 10% isn't going to save you.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-05 17:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
With capped attack and accuracy, I'm getting these sets at 1922 DPS. With the exact same buffs and mob, I get Koga SAM at 1997 DPS and Tsuru SAM somewhere around 1500 DPS. So WAR actually got a pretty large boost this update in terms of restoring it into the 2hand DD hierarchy. With WAR's SPs active, DPS becomes absolutely absurd, reaching over 4K DPS with Crit. Damage augments on Acro.

Hello,

I don't know very much about DD jobs, but a friend of mine who likes the Warrior job is in denial that Warrior could be anything close to the DPS you have stated, saying it is very weak. Do you think you could provide some insight on how you came to the numbers you provided for Warrior and Samurai?

Thank you in advance.
By Chyula 2015-03-05 18:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Quote:

Hello,

I don't know very much about DD jobs, but a friend of mine who likes the Warrior job is in denial that Warrior could be anything close to the DPS you have stated, saying it is very weak. Do you think you could provide some insight on how you came to the numbers you provided for Warrior and Samurai?

Thank you in advance.

maybe because he/she is full of ***.
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2015-03-05 20:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

yea on parse my war is normally only a very small % behing some very good sams I know so I would say your friend is just bad at the job lol
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 224 225 226