Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-16 23:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Zillion said: »
Zillion said: »
has anyone tested metalsinger vs light belt for ukko's fury

Basically, windbuffet +1 is always the best unless your accuracy is pretty low, metalslinger is good for really low attack, but it's upheaval is probably better in that situation anyway.
By Fasaga 2014-10-18 03:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
The year and a half I spent away has made gearing a bit too complicated for me as of late. Need some help/comments/advice from others.

Is it worth re-working my Standard Ukon set to try to get a 5hit build?

Need 40 stp with the 482 delay on Ukon based on the calculator.

Would this 5hit build be superior to my current standard set(also shown) -

5HIT
ItemSet 329671

Standard
ItemSet 329672

Xaddi body path A R15
Xaddi Gloves Path C R15
Cizin+1 Gloves only have +8 Acc augment and 20 mil worth of broken dreams.

The second set (6-hit) is slightly better when using both ukko's and upheaval. The less buffs you have, and the weaker the mobs are widens the gap.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-25 13:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone put together a job ability "enhances" set?
Like a set for when you activate berserk and another set for when you activate aggressor?
By Fasaga 2014-10-29 14:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone put together a job ability "enhances" set?
Like a set for when you activate berserk and another set for when you activate aggressor?

Are you looking for one set that encompasses all JAs? That can't really be done because over gear overlap but as far as JA enhancing gear here goes...

Berserk: AF Body 119, Relic Feet 119
Aggressor: Af Head 119, Relic Body 119
Blood Rage: Emp Body +2
Warcry: Relic Head 119
Tomahawk: Relic Feet 119
Mighty Strikes: Relic Hands 119

If you use windower/ashita it's easy to work into xml/luas, if you don't then just add the individual pieces to your JA macros.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-29 15:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Is Lightreaver good for anything but messing around with on fodder?

Bump
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-10-29 16:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump
It has decent +accuracy if you really need it, but overall Minos is probably better otherwise.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-30 04:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »

Bump
It has decent +accuracy if you really need it, but overall Minos is probably better otherwise.

And I've never seen the "death" proc. Its nothing like Twilight Scythe used to be before the nerf.
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2014-11-15 02:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good Polearm for war to use these days?
By Voren 2014-11-15 03:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »

Bump

And I've never seen the "death" proc. Its nothing like Twilight Scythe used to be before the nerf.

God how I miss twilight scythe, the pre-nerf one. It absolutely chewed through fodder like I chew through tacos and I eat tacos Enrique Inglasias style.
By Davorin 2014-11-15 03:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »

Sibat maybe? Not sure why you'd equip a polearm on WAR unless for VW/Abyssea stuff. Quint spear would be best then.
[+]
By xaniko 2014-11-16 16:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have updated sets for Ragnarok? Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fasaga 2014-11-17 13:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Nativus halberd
[+]
By xaniko 2014-11-18 03:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

xaniko said: »

Bump
By Fasaga 2014-11-18 13:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump

ItemSet 330738
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-11-19 03:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

With the DA+7 earing set you can actually use Oneiros Ring for TP. Rag now gives 122TP per hit so getting a 6-hit is pretty easy.
 Cerberus.Xinzhiming
Server: Cerberus
user: xaniko
By Cerberus.Xinzhiming 2014-11-19 10:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
With the DA+7 earing set you can actually use Oneiros Ring for TP. Rag now gives 122TP per hit so getting a 6-hit is pretty easy.

So same set Fasaga posted but switching with the DA7 earring combo makes a 6 hit?

Btw i'm using a duplus ring, so I guess I should add the 6stp im missing from grip...
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-11-21 08:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need something like 37 Store TP for a pure 6-hit (from 0). Assuming 4/5 hits on Reso land along with the first one and bloodrain, you only need 33~34 Store TP. You get 15 from /SAM and WAR has so much Multi-Attack available that it makes sense to just use Bloodrain and slap MA everywhere else. Stuff like Otomi over Yaoyotl, Oneiros over Rajas and what not.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-21 19:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I will begin by admitting this is a relatively selfish question, but I would like to know if anyone has worked on a max Metatron Torment WS set for those Bravura owners who still want to stick to Relic (by name, and in fact) Great Axe.

I have to say I haven't played WAR much since I came back to the game, but nonetheless, this is one thing that's concerning me as far as GA WS sets go.

I think this would make an ideal set, but I am not sure whether I missed something over the last few updates.

This is what I had in mind:

ItemSet 331454

Anything else? Ty :)
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-21 19:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
I will begin by admitting this is a relatively selfish question, but I would like to know if anyone has worked on a max Metatron Torment WS set for those Bravura owners who still want to stick to Relic (by name, and in fact) Great Axe.

I have to say I haven't played WAR much since I came back to the game, but nonetheless, this is one thing that's concerning me as far as GA WS sets go.

I think this would make an ideal set, but I am not sure whether I missed something over the last few updates.

ItemSet 330818

Assuming you meant max str then that looks about right. Can get augments from incursion for war JSE cape to beat buqu though.

For actual usage though, Scufflers cosciales and ravager's bomblet would usually do better through the high bonus attack, and I'd generally use elemental gorget/belt. I'd also use pummeler's mufflers +1 over boor for higher end content, lose 2 str for 45 dex worth of acc in net gain.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-21 19:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seiri said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »

ItemSet 330818

Assuming you meant max str then that looks about right. Can get augments from incursion for war JSE cape to beat buqu though.

For actual usage though, Scufflers cosciales and ravager's bomblet would usually do better through the high bonus attack, and I'd generally use elemental gorget/belt. I'd also use pummeler's mufflers +1 over boor for higher end content, lose 2 str for 45 dex worth of acc in net gain.

That's precisely the kind of help I was looking for, as I have yet to finish looking at all the augmented gear from SoA. Thank you!
I have just one concern over the neck/waist compartment, as MT has a fixed fTP bonus and no real effect on the TP% other than AM duration (-DT). This has lead me to think that much like MS for THF, other than for Acc needs, it may be best to simply stack as much STR as possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-11-21 20:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what gorgets/belts do. That's what Moonshade Earring does.

Gorget/Belt is always a direct damage increase, for example, gorget is typically best in slot for MS for THF. It has nothing to do with tp/aftermath effect/duration.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-11-21 20:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

Gorget/Belt is always a direct damage increase, for example, gorget is typically best in slot for MS for THF. It has nothing to do with tp/aftermath effect/duration.

Care to provide an additional contribution to a MT set then? ;p
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-21 20:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

This

To explain in a little detail;

All weaponskills have a damage multiplier known as http://fTP. This is the figure that your total weapon damage is multiplied by to get the base damage used for the weaponskill.

For example, metatron has 3.0 http://fTP. This means you multiply your total weapon dmg (base dmg + dmg from str mod) by 3 before working out the damage to a specific target. A pure example, disregarding further math or level correction would be..

Bravura D253
STR 200, 80% mod = D160
Total: D413.

With 3.0 fTP this becomes D1239, which is then used to calculate the actual damage of the WS.

On topic, what an elemental belt or gorget does is add a direct 0.1 fTP to a WS. So in the case of the previous equation an elemental belt or gorget adds equivalent to 10% of 413, so 41 damage. This is comparable to adding a direct 51~ STR.

Disclaimer: This was not meant as a complete introduction to damage math, but to give a basic concept of how things work. There is of course much more to it than this, but its not necessary right now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-11-21 20:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Additionally, that same FTP figure is what is modified by "damage varies with TP", however even ones without that reading still gain an FTP benefit from Gorgets/Belt, just not from Moonshade.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-21 20:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

About to do a SKCNM quickly Sheelay, I'll post my own sets afterward.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-21 20:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »
Additionally, that same FTP figure is what is modified by "damage varies with TP", however even ones without that reading still gain an FTP benefit from Gorgets/Belt, just not from Moonshade.

He knew this bit, was said in his original post.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2014-11-21 21:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Max set:

ItemSet 330850

Notes:
Cape augmented str+3, crit dmg +4
Cizin legs augmented DA+2

High ATK set:

ItemSet 330852

Notes:
Cape same augs as above
Miki hands A path

Edit: The 'Meta ACC' title is wrong..I built the sets under the wrong titles and couldn't be bothered to change.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 224 225 226