(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 203 204 205
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-09-29 22:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

look through forum, short answer, no. Reso > torc.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-09-30 02:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

imo, gear both.
You'd want Torcleaver to sc light with the bandwagonners.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-10-01 21:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Esheep said: »
Hi Guys,

trying to decide which ws to gear for Ragnarok drk (Torcleaver or Resolution), in general Torcleaver > Resolution?

thx

Get gear for/use both?

Resolution-> Torcleaver->Scourge-> Resolution-> Scourge isn't half bad.

Or there is Scourge-> Resolution-> Torcleave for more simple double light.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-02 19:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What is everyone using for thier scythe ws sets? I would like to see a few. GS is so easy to gear on ws, full argosy for reso, vit/str gear with wsd augs (odys/valo). Scythe however has lots of weird mods (int for entropy), 60% str/mnd on CR/quietus. insurgency 20% str/int.

I have just been using full argosy on CR, but with its 60 mnd mod and the fact argosy has 0 mnd, starts to make me wonder if thats the best, maybe valo/odys best w/ wsd on CR?. And for the rest of thw ws I am just lost.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-10-02 20:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Would recommend WSD for CR/Cata/Q. ody/Valorous have a decent amount of MND on them as well. Full argosy(+1) for multi hit ws's is great depending on ACC needs.

As always, this is dependent on what you have for augments.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-02 20:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my from augments file for my lua, you can see my valo and odys gear here. They are decent augs, but I can never seem to get str and wsd haha always vit. My torc is doing hot #s though!

So overall its sounding like ideally on CR/Q/Cata you would want to go mainly with full odys/valo if you could get 10 str 3 wsd 20ac ~ on each piece?

My augs
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-10-02 21:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, would be aiming for those augments. I am with you in the shitty aug department. Always seem to get decent WSD/ACC/ATT with like CHR or AGI lol. You do have some pretty sweet augs on those pieces though ^^
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-02 23:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Yeah, would be aiming for those augments. I am with you in the shitty aug department. Always seem to get decent WSD/ACC/ATT with like CHR or AGI lol. You do have some pretty sweet augs on those pieces though ^^

My herc augs are way better haha, full set 30 acc 4 TA, great ws peices etc. I really think SE made herc augs way easier to max out on, seemed like I didnt have near a problem as I do with Valo/ody stuff. I have yet to see a stp8 with over 5 acc attached, Its a fing circus at this point for me to even try it feels. I have easily done 1200 fern onto valo feet by now (can remember 4 full max trades of ferns + w/e on off days).

Luckily I solo selkit on nin right now pretty dang fast so not all the stones have been bough. Nin solos selkit in 2 mins fyi if yur decked, 3 mins avg if decent gear :D so if you have it its a good way to get 15~ stacks an hr of fern. You wont do more than an hr though since its just boring lol.
By andy1110 2016-10-05 23:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

just curious, do you guys still use Gavialis Helm on the day it procs for the WS?
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-10-06 10:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, G helm still pulls ahead when days apply.

Edit: although, my ody helm with WSD +6%, ACC/ATT +30, VIT +10 gives it's a good run depending on the WS.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-06 14:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

andy1110 said: »
just curious, do you guys still use Gavialis Helm on the day it procs for the WS?

Not home right now, at the airport, so I can't check my code, but I think this should work.
Code
-- Elements for skillchain names
		skillchain_elements = {}
		skillchain_elements.Light = S{'Light','Fire','Wind','Lightning'}
		skillchain_elements.Darkness = S{'Dark','Ice','Earth','Water'}
		skillchain_elements.Fusion = S{'Light','Fire'}
		skillchain_elements.Fragmentation = S{'Wind','Lightning'}
		skillchain_elements.Distortion = S{'Ice','Water'}
		skillchain_elements.Gravitation = S{'Dark','Earth'}
		skillchain_elements.Transfixion = S{'Light'}
		skillchain_elements.Compression = S{'Dark'}
		skillchain_elements.Liquification = S{'Fire'}
		skillchain_elements.Induration = S{'Ice'}
		skillchain_elements.Detonation = S{'Wind'}
		skillchain_elements.Scission = S{'Earth'}
		skillchain_elements.Impaction = S{'Lightning'}
		skillchain_elements.Reverberation = S{'Water'}

function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if S{"Torcleaver","Catastrophe","Scourge"}:contains(spell.english) and (spell.element==world.day_element or spell.element==world.weather_element) then
        equip({head="Gavialis Helm"})
    end
end 
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-10-06 15:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

spell.element for WS isn't really...relevant to anything (just reflects icon in menu afaik), and weather doesn't proc latency.

The condition you're looking for is
Code
(skillchain_elements[spell.skillchain_a]:contains(world.day_element) or skillchain_elements[spell.skillchain_b]:contains(world.day_element) or skillchain_elements[spell.skillchain_c]:contains(world.day_element))

Also, JP wiki says Light/Darkness properties only work on light/dark day (i.e. does not deconstruct into the separate elements). I'm fairly certain this has also been tested time-and-again for gorgets/belts, so you may want to change your Mote-Mappings.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-10-06 16:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
spell.element for WS isn't really...relevant to anything (just reflects icon in menu afaik), and weather doesn't proc latency.

The condition you're looking for is
Code
(skillchain_elements[spell.skillchain_a]:contains(world.day_element) or skillchain_elements[spell.skillchain_b]:contains(world.day_element) or skillchain_elements[spell.skillchain_c]:contains(world.day_element))

Also, JP wiki says Light/Darkness properties only work on light/dark day (i.e. does not deconstruct into the separate elements). I'm fairly certain this has also been tested time-and-again for gorgets/belts, so you may want to change your Mote-Mappings.

Better info than I had, kept trying to like your post until I realized I was hitting the link button.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-11 10:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's get the chat brewing on the new ambuscade set.

For macc, it all seems to be good. Not terrible for that at all.

As for WS, I didnt see anything worth having in ws.

For tp the Head/hands/feet are decent, but will they replace valo head/emicho hands/valo feet?

The hands crit rate with rag makes me think for Rag that they could be Bis? Feet have a nice DA5, but you lose out on a potential 8stp (not sure if a worthy tradoff unless your 8 stp over cap). Head is interesting for the TA4, thats an extra 8 attacks per 100, but less stp too.

decisions!
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-10-11 10:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the set has a decent amount of M.Acc on it, additional effect WS goooo! But not seriously, The M.Acc can at least be macroed in for possibly some magic spells.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-17 03:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What unity is best for drk?

I have been told sylvie, but I am unsure what geo spells she will do for drk (my other jobs are nin blu blm). If its some bs like refresh... ill have to pass.

I currently have used apu for like a year, the curaga is just so nice, but I have been wanting to toy around a bit.

My normal trusts are apu, KoH, qultada, Ulima, August (or koran if im tank).

I assume with sylvie I will need to remove ulima for a healer, who do you all use if you dont have apu?
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-22 11:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I see people mentioning that insurgency is a pretty good WS, even though it has a really low str/int modifier BUT at least it has damage varies with TP.

I also see that people mention cross reaper is the best scythe WS, which makes sense since it's 60% str and damage varies with TP.

I'm curious how insurgency compares up to cross reaper with it's 40% less str modifier?

Also, how does scythe in general compare to most weapons in the game? I can't see how any scythe WS can compare to resolutions insane 85% str modifier AND damage varies with TP!
 Siren.Flannelman
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-10-22 11:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Insurgency damage isnt good without Liberator.
 Asura.Umisame
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2016-10-22 13:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
What unity is best for drk?

I have been told sylvie, but I am unsure what geo spells she will do for drk (my other jobs are nin blu blm). If its some bs like refresh... ill have to pass.

I currently have used apu for like a year, the curaga is just so nice, but I have been wanting to toy around a bit.

My normal trusts are apu, KoH, qultada, Ulima, August (or koran if im tank).

I assume with sylvie I will need to remove ulima for a healer, who do you all use if you dont have apu?

Sylvie uses Fury/frailty and can use haste and refresh that i know.

I like Karaha as healer, but he has two bad things, he uses AOE dmg and he is near of mob.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-22 15:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ya I have been messing with sylvie this week a lot. While she does amazing in terms of dmg increase, I miss apu way to much and find apu to be the better trust overall.... wish you could have both.

no other trust can come close to apu in healing, the aga heals are just invaluable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-22 18:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Had the same issue really. Not having a proper healer creates party problems if you + all trusts. So, I swapped back to Apururu
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2016-10-22 20:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberator gives Insurgency +30% damage.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-22 20:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Had the same issue really. Not having a proper healer creates party problems if you + all trusts. So, I swapped back to Apururu

I have to wait a few more days, so while you did have sylvie what healer did you normally use? I normaly am using selthues atm haha, believe it or not i find him most reliable.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-10-22 23:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kupipi or bust
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-23 01:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »

I have to wait a few more days, so while you did have sylvie what healer did you normally use? I normaly am using selthues atm haha, believe it or not i find him most reliable.

Depends what I was doing. Nashmeira II curagas but doesn't Pro/Shell. So, you can bring her out + Iroha 2, or another WHM. Basically would rotate her, Mihli, and Karaha.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-10-23 15:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drayco said: »
Liberator gives Insurgency +30% damage.

Randomly is it 30% increase to each hit or just the first?
 Asura.Bloodlusty
By Asura.Bloodlusty 2016-10-23 16:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Randomly is it 30% increase to each hit or just the first?

just first, but AG is 40%
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-23 16:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how people are saying Insurgency sucks with Liberator when they don't have one? Either way, it seems no one's done any extensive testing. Or if they have I missed out on it.

Often enough I have to question whether to spam Quietus for Darkness, or build for 2000 (1750). Of course this is only when I have AM3. Due to it being a hidden effect, I would be surprised if the WS 30% multiplier applied to the first hit alone.

If the mob is resistant to skillchains or prefers Light, Insurgency is so strong it's worth waiting for. I don't really use Cross Reaper as it doesn't skillchain with anything except Entropy, but I can see some using it over Quietus or Entropy if they don't have mythic, or if they do multi-step.

The WS is heavily modded by attack. Add the extra attack bonuses and the 30% to the end result (even when attack capped, I assume the bonus is added), and it turns out pretty sweet. But that's me eyeballing what my Insurgency was like before I got the multiplier. I'm not a tester, and I ain't a mathematician with bundles of screenshots and proof, just eyeballing damage I feel the difference. I could be wrong, but talking to other DRKs (like Drayco), they were surprised how strong the WS is despite its multipliers.

If anyone can confirm this? I would love to but I don't know how to begin. Suppose it takes someone going out in to a low level area and testing Lib Insurgency vs. non-Lib Insurgency?

Edit: Bloodlusty beat me to it. Thinking about it .. perhaps 30% to each hit would be OP.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-10-23 16:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That is what I figured seeing how SE deals with WSD / Weaponskill Accuracy and the like.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-23 16:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
That is what I figured seeing how SE deals with WSD / Weaponskill Accuracy and the like.

Still pretty noticeable though. Also I didn't know AG was 40%? BGwiki has it at 30%.
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 203 204 205