(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 203 204 205
 Bismarck.Squah
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-03-03 18:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yaoyotl Helm and Fallen's Cuirass +1 spring to mind.

You'll gain 65~ acc during WS from switching those two pieces in alone.

edit: Augmented Acro Feet too. 10STR 20acc/att DA+3(or store TP) would make them crazy but you can spend 25m+ on augment stones and get none of the above stats so augment at your own risk lol
By Tylaar 2015-03-03 21:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

As was said, AF/AF2 doesn't seem to have much accuracy in it so other than fodder, it may not be suitable. I would suggest doing a /checkparam to make sure youre at 900/950+ and fine tune some low/mid/hi acc sets depending on target and buffs as a ballpark starting point.

For body, Mes'yohi Haub, or augmented Arco (STR10/ACC+something) I think should be also considered, with the latter being probably easier to get overall (imo, even considering basic augments), and Xaddi or Miki body path A being the lower/easy options.

For really high end targets you could spreadsheet Vespid (?) Mantle from Delve, or Letalis for something inbetween. As mentioned, Miki path A legs if you already have it for high acc is definitely an option.

Agree with Squah, Arco can significantly increase your acc with some decent other augments too, but if your luck is anything like mine it may not be worth it :)
By kithaofcerb 2015-03-03 22:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Tylaar said: »
As was said, AF/AF2 doesn't seem to have much accuracy in it so other than fodder, it may not be suitable. I would suggest doing a /checkparam to make sure youre at 900/950+ and fine tune some low/mid/hi acc sets depending on target and buffs as a ballpark starting point.

For body, Mes'yohi Haub, or augmented Arco (STR10/ACC+something) I think should be also considered, with the latter being probably easier to get overall (imo, even considering basic augments), and Xaddi or Miki body path A being the lower/easy options.

For really high end targets you could spreadsheet Vespid (?) Mantle from Delve, or Letalis for something inbetween. As mentioned, Miki path A legs if you already have it for high acc is definitely an option.

Agree with Squah, Arco can significantly increase your acc with some decent other augments too, but if your luck is anything like mine it may not be worth it :)

Damnit, Mes'yohi Haub probably isn't in my future...forever gimp...

I have figured out that I am insanely low on ACC with all my gear sets, and this figure of 950+ ACC before buffs seems nigh impossible. Guess its time to get some Acro gear and get spending :(
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-04 00:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I am currently using.

Idle/magic sets

ItemSet 333769
ItemSet 317752

WS sets

ItemSet 333767
ItemSet 333768
ItemSet 333770
ItemSet 333763
ItemSet 333764
ItemSet 333765
ItemSet 316759

TP sets

ItemSet 316758
ItemSet 334388
ItemSet 334584

Macbain = dmg +35, acc/attk +15, double attk +4%
Acro for macbain needs 1 piece with sTP +6
the rest should be DA3%, crit dmg 3%, acc/attk 15~20

Malfeasance
Acro should all be DA3%, Crit dmg 3%, acc/attk 15~20
Otomi head is str/haste path.

All Yorium gear is Attk 20+, ws acc 15~20, ws dmg +3%

Edit: Added tank set and Malfeasance set
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-04 01:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonshade isn't doing anything for Cata/Scourge except increasing Aftermath duration. Gonna want to go with either Brutal/Bale or Bladeborn/Steelflash. Also just use double Ifrit +1 for Insurgency/Scouge/Quietus.

In your idle set, the 3rd Ogier piece isn't getting you any more refresh. Just stick with hands/feet and throw on either Crimson Cuisses, Stearc Subligar or some PDT legs.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-04 01:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

changed
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-03-04 02:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Moonshade isn't doing anything for Cata/Scourge except increasing Aftermath duration. Gonna want to go with either Brutal/Bale or Bladeborn/Steelflash. Also just use double Ifrit +1 for Insurgency/Scouge/Quietus.

In your idle set, the 3rd Ogier piece isn't getting you any more refresh. Just stick with hands/feet and throw on either Crimson Cuisses, Stearc Subligar or some PDT legs.

Show us your DRK SETS LL!
 Bismarck.Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-03-04 12:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »
Yorium leg = str +9, attk +20, double attk +3%

If that's your augments, you should be using those in place of Ignominy +1 for Resolution

STR mod WS
40STR 25 ATT vs
42STR 7 ACC 27 ATT

Quietus is STR/MND, just like Cross Reaper. Can use Aqreqaqaqaqaaqa in place of Floestone if you don't need the ATT since the INT isn't doing anything for you. Prosilio +1 for all of the above Scythe WS if you aren't attack capped *(excluding Entropy and assuming you have Liberator which I'm assuming so since you forgo Brutal in your Insurgency set)

Idk how well Acro Hands stack up for multihit WS against Mikinaak/Fallen unless you need the Store TP in WS gear to maintain xhit. And I can't spreadsheet it atm :D
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-04 19:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Squah said: »

If that's your augments, you should be using those in place of Ignominy +1 for Resolution

STR mod WS
40STR 25 ATT vs
42STR 7 ACC 27 ATT

Quietus is STR/MND, just like Cross Reaper. Can use Aqreqaqaqaqaaqa in place of Floestone if you don't need the ATT since the INT isn't doing anything for you. Prosilio +1 for all of the above Scythe WS if you aren't attack capped *(excluding Entropy and assuming you have Liberator which I'm assuming so since you forgo Brutal in your Insurgency set)

Idk how well Acro Hands stack up for multihit WS against Mikinaak/Fallen unless you need the Store TP in WS gear to maintain xhit. And I can't spreadsheet it atm :D

Adjusted
 Bismarck.Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-03-04 19:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You adjusted the wrong things lol

Fotia/Elemental belt/gorget for Entropy since it replicates and windbuffet+1/elebelt for Catastrophe since you can't use both mythic and catastrophe at the same time lol
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-04 20:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I got it now, pretty sure I misread what you meant to begin with.
By kithaofcerb 2015-03-09 00:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I am currently using.

ItemSet 333769
ItemSet 317752
ItemSet 333767
ItemSet 333768
ItemSet 333770
ItemSet 333763
ItemSet 333764
ItemSet 333765
ItemSet 316759
ItemSet 316758

Macbain = dmg +35, acc/attk +15, double attk +4%
Acro head = acc/attk +14, double attk +2%, crit dmg +2%
Acro body = acc +22, store TP +5, crit dmg +3%
Acro hand = acc/attk +14, daouble attk +3%, ws dmg +3%
Acro legs = attk +25, double attk +3%, ws dmg +2%
Acro feet = acc/attk +14, ws acc +15, ws dmg +2%

I have ***luck with augs, I have dumped over 60 mil in drk alone.

Wouldn't mind some feedback and I would change these sets as i get the feedback so we have some decent "UPDATED" reference points.

What level of content are these sets being used for?
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-09 02:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done bat cap points pt, delve and incursion 133 in this set and done very well for dmg and acc.

haven't done higher lvl incursion on drk with this new set since incursion seems to have died out.
By kithaofcerb 2015-03-09 11:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When you say delve, I'm assuming you mean both intro zones and Yorcia, correct? I just obtained my 5/5 Acro pieces last night, now to play everyone's favourite game...the augment game!

But seriously, *** random augments. This one isn't even as bad as previous systems they had, but still bad.

Thank you for your /assist!
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-09 13:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I mean original delve as well as yorcia, of course I don't go to bird or tiger on drk, but the tree dropped like a fly when we went. As for random augments, I have dropped over 100 mil now on drk and thf, I have decided unless I drop another 100 mil on each job I won't see perfect augs. With that in mind I am content with the aug's I have.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-09 13:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You should go to bird/tiger on drk it's quite fun
By kithaofcerb 2015-03-09 14:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
You should go to bird/tiger on drk it's quite fun

Who on Cerberus let you bring a DRK to bird, pics or didn't happen.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-13 14:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking about making a new guide for players aspiring to play Dark Knight. I want to make it less about the latest high-end equipment sets, and more about the basics. Considering a name for it at the moment, anyone know a good title?
By kithaofcerb 2015-03-13 17:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I'm thinking about making a new guide for players aspiring to play Dark Knight. I want to make it less about the latest high-end equipment sets, and more about the basics. Considering a name for it at the moment, anyone know a good title?

Don't waste your time!: A guide to dropping DRK and picking up SAM
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-14 16:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about players who don't want to level SAM. Not everyone wants to play the bandwagon job. They might want to play the job simply because they want to use a scythe, or because they want to use magic as well. Maybe they want to be like Cecil from FFIV? Not everything in this game is about topping the parse.

I chose DRK and stuck with DRK because I saw someone in Chaos gear over a decade ago, and I still love the job today. It's been a DD job that has struggled in overall DPS for years (aside from the Voidwatch Reso spam days), but I have always found some use for it. I was considering a guide to spark some interest, and maybe my experiences could have helped someone decide whether they wanted to pick the job up. I ain't the best Dark Knight ever, but with this subforum having a seriously outdated guide, I wanted to contribute something.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-03-14 16:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about players who don't want to level SAM. Not everyone wants to play the bandwagon job. They might want to play the job simply because they want to use a scythe, or because they want to use magic as well. Maybe they want to be like Cecil from FFIV? Not everything in this game is about topping the parse.

I chose DRK and stuck with DRK because I saw someone in Chaos gear over a decade ago, and I still love the job today. It's been a DD job that has struggled in overall DPS for years (aside from the Voidwatch Reso spam days), but I have always found some use for it. I was considering a guide to spark some interest, and maybe my experiences could have helped someone decide whether they wanted to pick the job up. I ain't the best Dark Knight ever, but with this subforum having a seriously outdated guide, I wanted to contribute something.
Please do, I love drk, and have since day 1.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-14 16:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice to see i ain't the only guy left who doesn't ridicule DRK. Not our fault SE don't know how to balance DD jobs. Who knows? Maybe we will get a big update in the future like THF and DNC did.
 Lakshmi.Bigt
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bigt
By Lakshmi.Bigt 2015-03-14 18:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeid made me want to be a DRK, apoc made me want to be gimp DD
 Bahamut.Phidruran
Server: Bahamut
user: phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2015-03-14 19:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been drk main since I started in 2007. I have loved the idea of a dark knight since I played it as Cecil in FFIV but it was reading some of Taint and Zicdeh's posts in this forum that lead me to level up drk. Even though it has seen more lows than highs throughout the years, it is and will remain my favorite job.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-17 00:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I started making a guide, but then I realized just how big the task would be. I have written quite a big chunk of it. Might take time to finish though because I have to write other things not FFXI related. I would appreciate some gear sets, I plan to make a full reserved post dedicated to gearsets of all levels and situations. PM me if interested.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-17 12:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would appreciate some gear sets, I plan to make a full reserved post dedicated to gearsets of all levels and situations.

Thankfully, you only need one gearset to get from LV1-98.

ItemSet 333991
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-17 13:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No heart apron, 2/10.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-17 13:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but the Heart Apron and Moogle belt are in the High end equipment sets and we're apparently not focusing on those for the new guide.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-17 13:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh of course, you're absolutely right. This is why I haven't leveled DRK yet. Their gearing requirements are far too confusing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-03-17 14:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan to have gearsets for all level ranges, including high end sets. I would prefer to do the lower level ranges first, but I will probably end up making most of them myself.

To begin with, the guide I am making assumes you are leveling DRK as your first job to 99. Pretty much like what I did from 1-75 when it was difficult to level DRK. It will start out that way, but the guide will eventually switch to veteran dark knights, and that's where I will need the most help on gear sets. Also I do not use gearswap, so if anyone wanted to contribute that part of the guide, it would be cool.

I would also like to include a PvP section. No idea how good DRK is now compared to the last time I saw Urteil destroy people in PvP, but maybe he can chime in on that and .. maybe not go into too much detail, but to give people a basic outline of what DRK can do in PvP.

The guide will be pretty big. Only problem is that, as you may have noticed, I can't help but write long passages of text. Some people like to read and have things fully explained, others don't. I always felt that explaining something to someone is a lot better than just dumping a ton of information on them with no explanation. I have spent a lot of time in FFXI just talking to aspiring Dark Knights, and they seem to enjoy the conversations. It's not going to be as well presented as Bubble Trouble (GEO) for example, but hopefully I can make up for that in other ways.

I know many ain't going to take this seriously, because yeah, anyone could just pick up SAM and do better numbers, but that's not what the guide is about. It will be for the players who enjoy Dark Knight, or for players wanting to try something new.
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 203 204 205