(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 203 204 205
 Cerberus.Ryger
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: ryger
By Cerberus.Ryger 2014-11-19 00:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm kinda confused. trying to update drk atm. Any feedback would b most helpful. i'm looking for tp and resol.
wep Ukudyoni
sub polegrip
range yetshila
head otomi (Str + haste)
neck Mala ~~> breeze
earrings blade+steel ~~> moonshade + Brutal
body xaddi (path A)
hands ciz+1 (no aug)
rings rajas k'ayres ~~> rajas pyrosoul
back atheling ~~> Niht
waist windbuffet +1 ~~> breeze
legs Ciz+1 (no aug)
feet Mikinaak (no path yet) ~~> Ejekamal

unfortunately the ~~> is going into ws. havent really started upgrading the reforge stuff yet.
what i want to figure out is Xaddi hands legs and feet paths for TP set; or something better. Also a better GS that is not Rag. i was thinking next best would b AA GK but not sure.
As far as WS set i would want af reforge body hands legs i think (along with ifrit ring).
Again any help would b much appreciated. the Drk guide is a bit outddated and looking for an upgrade.
By volkom 2014-11-19 10:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably not in a position to say anything since I haven't played in a while but perhaps getting some of the fallen/ignomy gear and maybe a different ammo piece for ws like Aqreqaq Bomblet could help your ws.
Now I may be wrong here but I think you're 6hit? so maybe possibly using ejakamal or xaddi boots would be better than mikinaak
By Zaeeth 2014-11-19 10:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The GS you should be looking at I would say are MacBain and Crobaci +2. The MacBain I have is +5 DA and +17 Acc/Att. Its very good if you don't have Rag and pretty easy to get.

You can look at my item sets and others around here for help on TP and WS sets. I think 3 pages back are a whole host of sets that are still very current.
 Cerberus.Ryger
user: ryger
By Cerberus.Ryger 2014-11-19 10:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So a question. y use Tojil for tp and ws? i use Otomi (str+haste) for both on sam. is that wrong to do that? also which path for xaddi hands and feet is best for tp?
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-11-19 11:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomi Helm is good with those aug's. Path C for Xaddi hands and usually Path A for body/legs/feet. Like Zaeeth and Volkom said, would definitely hop into some skirmish for a Macbain and start working on AF/Relic upgrades. Probably go for AF legs first, Fallen's feet second, AF/Relic body pieces third, AF hands fourth, and then whatever after that. Those four or five pieces are used pretty commonly in scythe/GS weaponskills. Each AF/Relic piece has its uses though!
 Odin.Ketsuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Ketsuu 2014-11-19 17:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearing up Dark Knight for first time in quite a while, what are the top 4 or 5 current great swords atm?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-19 17:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ketsuu said: »
Gearing up Dark Knight for first time in quite a while, what are the top 4 or 5 current great swords atm?

Depends on the content level but generally:

Ragnarok > Macbain with wsd = Crobaci +2 with wsd = Mekosuchus blade > other options
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2014-11-19 18:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Ragnarok > Macbain with wsd = Crobaci +2 with wsd = Mekosuchus blade > other options

I am a bit HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE trying to get that damage calc working is there anyway someone can post the DPs difference between these?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-11-19 19:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

I am a bit HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE trying to get that damage calc working is there anyway someone can post the DPs difference between these?

It depends on target, buffs/debuffs, and the kind of gear that you have available. If you can take advantage of Rag's accuracy its advantage is notable. If you're talking about a fight where your acc/atk is closer to capped, I get no more than a 5% spread in damage between those options (all using Reso).
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2014-11-19 20:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I am currently using Macbain with attk8/acc8 and DA4%, I am consistantly hitting higher dmg with torcleaver than with reso, I am stacked on str/attk for my reso build and my torcleaver still wins with less attk, however not by much and I kept my VIT high without trying to gimp my str too much to make sure I still have attk during ws, but against higher tier mobs I am almost always seeing TC win over reso. Granted on lower def over 20k hp mobs (basically fodder) my reso is winning, is that normal?
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-11-20 01:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Check your acc the majority of the time it's because your whiffing. Gear abviously is a contributor.. If your not att capped resos 15% penalty is going to hurt. On paper in high att high acc scenarios reso should always beat torcleaver overall.
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2014-11-28 19:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so I stopped playing after delve I and right before ilevel119 relics came along. Let my friend take control of my account and he used my char as a SCH mule but kept my RNG (which was basically 95%+ maxed) up to date and brought my Anni up to 119, so my char has all the clears and stuff.

He also used the money I made merc'ing delve to make himself a koga, and I asked him to take my char along to get the clears so I could maybe make a mythic of my own if I came back. That time is now, but I need some feedback on gear since a lot of new stuff came out since I last played and I'm not sure what's best. The only thing I am aware of that will be better for most of these sets is Mes'yohi Haub but I hear that's tragically annoying to get so

Here are the sets I put together:
AM down (sets posted will be for higher evasion targets since they are all that really matter)
ItemSet 331104
AM up normal
ItemSet 331125
AM up Acc needed
ItemSet 331133
Insurgency (Niht Mantle begins to win above 3% WSDMG aug, ~2% or above if you need the attack)
ItemSet 331105
Fast Cast - 24% FC, 10% cast time
ItemSet 331136
Dark Magic
ItemSet 331122
Drain/Aspir
ItemSet 331121
Absorbs
ItemSet 331120
Dread Spikes - no egoist tathlum to save inventory slot, Ejekamal boots to cap haste for recast (26~ HP lost over gorney +1)
ItemSet 331137

Most of this stuff is readily available to me, I just have to farm up 3k ichor, 20k Nyzul tokens, and 29600 alex lol. Any pointers
 Bahamut.Ballzack
Server: Bahamut
user: Lorax
By Bahamut.Ballzack 2014-11-28 20:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this for my Drain/Aspir set(Mantle is Dark Magic +10)
ItemSet 321493
By Fafnir 2014-11-28 20:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, do you use gear swap? You can can do a precast set for fc/cast time- and then a midcast base set (Magic accuracy+ gear), for which the rest of your sets can just combine on top of, i.e.,straight aspir/drain/drk magic+/absorb+ and for slots where you can get more skill than macc.
 Bismarck.Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2014-11-28 21:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Woops, totally glazed over the fact that Ignominy +1 feet had 17 magic accuracy on them. Fixing. Also, Pixie Hairpin +1's dark MAB is treated like affinity, so it's 28% bonus on aspir/drain, which is huge.

I do use GS, that fast cast set will be precasted on any spell and the rest will be equipped depending on what spell I'm actually casting. I want to endcast in max haste for dread spikes (while still having a large chunk of +HP) to cut down the recast. It's niche but it's good to have. Gorney feet +1 would leave me at 23% haste, Eje with haste augment caps me at the cost of 26 hp.
By Fafnir 2014-11-28 22:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked because the Absorb gear posted had skill/macc+ in slots that you could wear black gear for absorb+

Ideally there would be an all potency+ set and a mix of potency/accuracy+ gear, and you can set a rule to check for if dark seal is on. I personally have been too lazy to do such and just use all potency+

Also of note to scythe users (Includes Liberator users too), Cross Reaper will outperform Insurgency at around 1800 TP, so it's a WS you should gear for. Entropy/Quietus too for 4 step SCs. The added caveat of making sets for Cross Reaper is that Quietus uses the exact same mods.
 Bismarck.Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2014-11-28 23:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Squah said: »
(sets posted will be for higher evasion targets since they are all that really matter)

I didn't post a duration set for absorbs because ^. I'll use one, but I need advice on new ***that I don't know about.

I have entropy merited 5/5 (119 apoc, first relic I made), but I haven't made sets for them yet because I threw all of those above sets together in like, 5 hours of digging and prodding and I didn't really want to do anymore yet lol

I'll do Entro/CR tomorrow, but again need minor guidance (in case I missed pieces that came out while I was gone) since I'm running almost everything through dps spreadsheet on a variety of targets.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-11-28 23:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

can also aug wkr hands/feet with fast cast if you care to
By Fafnir 2014-11-28 23:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few sets posted here, accuracy via /checkparam is in parenthesis.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By Ryug1 2015-01-16 02:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any current apocalypse sets? I just got back not long ago and got my apoc to 119 and slowly working on gearing my drk again. Thanks.
By Gruknor 2015-01-16 04:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This should get you through most basic stuff. You will need a WS set. Look at the post right before yours. That guy/gal posted a link to someone who has a bunch of outdated gearsets. Just make sure to have a TP, WS, -PDT and -MDT sets. Add acc+ and eat sushi if you are having problems hitting something. The xaddi hands are path c, the legs and boots are path a.

ItemSet 332426
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-01-16 13:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »
This should get you through most basic stuff. You will need a WS set. Look at the post right before yours. That guy/gal posted a link to someone who has a bunch of outdated gearsets. Just make sure to have a TP, WS, -PDT and -MDT sets. Add acc+ and eat sushi if you are having problems hitting something. The xaddi hands are path c, the legs and boots are path a.

ItemSet 332426

Replace head with Otomi since you don't need sTP then you are fine if you need acc then you can swap otomi out for something else, that also eliminates need for haste belt allowing you to use windbuffet +1. Also trade back out for bleating mantle if your acc is fine and you get more triple attk and +20 attk instead. Unless you want straight multi hit then swap to Annealed Mantle
 Bismarck.Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-01-16 14:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

50 Store TP to 5 hit Apoc assuming WS in Bladeborn/steelflash + base /SAM as only store TP during the WS.

35 needed in gear:
Bloodrain Strap 6
Ginsen 3
Yaoyotl 4
Brutal/Tripudio 6
Xaddi body/hands/legs 9
Rajas/K'ayres 10

is 38. Ejekamal Boots for the multihit + haste augment to cap haste and let you use Windbuffet +1. Bleating Mantle for when acc is capped. You have 3 excess STP with above, so Mes. Haub can be swapped in for acc.
By Ryug1 2015-01-16 22:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What path are you doing on xaddi and also is otomi better then yayo? Lastly gamesha is super rare lol i tried duoing it any tips on how to proc or what are best jobs to take and get better results?
 Odin.Terren
Server: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2015-01-17 00:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a post a few pages back on low-manning mala:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35174/dont-fear-the-reaper-a-dark-knight-guide/45/#2723966

3-4 people and you're golden.
 Bismarck.Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2015-01-17 01:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryug1 said: »
What path are you doing on xaddi and also is otomi better then yayo? Lastly gamesha is super rare lol i tried duoing it any tips on how to proc or what are best jobs to take and get better results?

Gauntlets path C, Body/legs path A

Otomi is better than Yaoyotl for basically every WS unless you need the accuracy. You still need Yaoyotl to TP in for the store TP for the 5 hit unless you want to use stuff like Cizin hands or Mikinaak/Karieyh+1 feet and lose a ton of multihit/acc/att/whatever
By Ryug1 2015-01-30 18:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't had luck with meyo harness any good alternative? And also what would be best bet for otomi augment i have yayo helm but not that other one.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2015-01-31 06:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryug1 said: »
Haven't had luck with meyo harness any good alternative? And also what would be best bet for otomi augment i have yayo helm but not that other one.

Xaddi Mail Path A
Otomi Helm (Haste/STR)
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-01-31 08:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorney Haubert +1 too.
15 less hard atk than Xaddi (big whoop on DRK) and 3 less hard acc.
Not to mention higher STR/DEX/INT/MND, so WSmods are increased.
Though it does have 1% less DA. But... that all evens out with the ~+8 per stat.
EDIT: Assuming WS body.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 203 204 205