(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 203 204 205
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-02 17:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
If you're willing to spend the gil, Austerity Belt +1 is a minor upgrade for Drains over Casso Sash.

I have one of those. Could easily change it up. Can't remember why I'm not using it at this point.
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-02 17:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That mb earring is from apoc nigh right? If so ill never get it as I us the converts damage to mp one on other jobs. Pretty happy with my set though, still need to pick up auster+1 but when I can get someone to voidstorm me I use hachirin. Is there any combination of dark matter Augs that would replace carmine body? Would imagine high macc +high drain aspir potency? Might roll for that soon but its not a priority atm
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-02 17:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

On another topic, for those of you that solo often, has anyone compared how Ygnas fares compared to Yoran-Oran/Apururu? I know he's worse than them, but how much worse?

I'm considering switching unities to Sylvie, but not sure if Ygnas can keep up heals almost as good as the UC healers, or if he's still far behind.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-02 17:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm never getting Voidstorm so won't be using that Obi. Never using Ethereal though .. so I may have to switch that earring I've had about ten years. Would be nice to use one of the Apoc Nigh rewards for something.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-02 17:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so laughably far from getting ygnas I can't even see the tunnel let alone the light lol. If I keep on main apoc is doubt it would be an issue really but I don't have any of the more dps oriented rema yet
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-02 18:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so bash>powerslash(trans)>reso =gravitation? If that's true I just found my new fun thing yo burst drain3 on while using great sword /Sam
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-02 18:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems I already had Austerity Belt +1 in my Drain sets. Went out and got an Archon Ring just now, only had the pop a couple of years. Luckily it dropped first time, so I added it to the drain sets on 134.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-02 19:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Ok so bash>powerslash(trans)>reso =gravitation? If that's true I just found my new fun thing yo burst drain3 on while using great sword /Sam
Is this correct kylos ? I think that's distortion? Then ground/torc= dark? Can you confirm this?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-02 19:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If great sword can make comp/grav/darkness with bash to open scythe might as well be dead so I don't see there being a way but was confused by an earlier posting on page 136/137
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-02 19:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Great Sword can't, no, even with neo Weapon Bash.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-02 19:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok that's how I understood it initially myself. I do like that great axe idea though. Ill need to finish skulking it since I got beheader recently and try that out
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-08-02 19:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this correct kylos ? I think that's distortion? Then ground/torc= dark? Can you confirm this?

That was an error on my part. It is in fact Disto and that SC won't work.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-02 20:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »

All good sir, thank you for clarifying Gobbo+Geriond
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-08-02 22:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »

All good sir, thank you for clarifying Gobbo+Geriond

And here I was going to lockstyle my Lionheart and do Darkness on Drk with my GS!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-03 14:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Still working on the equipsets I provided on page 134. For my 7th (and hopefully last for a while) edit, I've added Moonbeam Rings and a Cassie Earring to two sets. I would like to know if I'm missing anything obvious, aside from things like Telos & Dignitary Earrings which I don't have access to at the moment. Cheers.

My 18 Current DRK equipsets .. which may increase soon. Always updating.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-03 15:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Great moves kylos, keep it up man :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-15 19:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So I happened to stumble across an Utu Grip tonight. Which is great, but a little annoying as I'll have to update many of the sets. Work in progress ...
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-15 19:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
Great Sword can't, no, even with neo Weapon Bash.
That's one of the things that really sets Scythe apart from Great Sword, Scythes are a lot more flexible when Skillchaining and are also optimized for Drain returns.

Anguta does some serious damage when fully buffed as well.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-15 20:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a big update as Utu Grip meant I lost 4 haste for 20 added accuracy. Happy though. :)
By Fendarin007 2017-08-17 07:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys just updating my max magic haste/LR/Sam roll set, just wondering if I'm better of stacking one type of multi hit or spread it out between the 3 types, I have made 4 sets and was wondering what u guys think is best. 1st has 50DA QA3 2nd has 45DA 4TA 5QA 3rd has 37DA 6TA 7QA and the 4th has 31DA 12TA and 7QA all have 40stp and good Enuff acc. If u can post your sets and give input/suggestions that would be great. But yeah guess I'm asking if stacking one type of multi attack(set 1) or spreading DA TA and QA more Even (set 4) or meet in a the the middle somewhere (set2-3)to get BEST overall results.Sorry edited a few times to get it right :).
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-17 11:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fendarin it depends. Are you losing a ton of accuracy to get some QA? Like Ganesha's Mala for example, it has quad attack but no accuracy. Are you using it to fight harder content? It's better to provide examples of what you're using, because I've found the multi attack you use depends on the slot .. for example.

Have Niqmaddu Ring? Where else will you find that much accuracy (from the DEX) and Quad attack in the ring slot? Nowhere. Now .. if you're thinking Sulevia's Legs versus AF Legs +3, it gets a little harder but I can tell the difference. AF+3 wins of course, but some might not be able to figure out why. All of this depends on what you have, and more importantly .. what augments you have on some gears. You have to consider haste values, and accuracy for the content you're doing into this. Did you look at my sets on page 134?
 Shiva.Fendarin
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 12:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

hi kylos yeah i have most for drk tp set's atm but the emicho body/hands +1 out of reach atm (which i think is best in slot's)
i need to work out how i add equip sets to ffxiah account, acc is hovering around 1150-1185,out atm so will try and post sets later when im back. aiming for 38-40 stp to keep the same xhit with sam roll, and always run with a cor geo brd in dd party so acc is never a prob tbh with 1150+. thanks so much for reply will defo try and post my sets later just thought the stats i provided was enuff to work out what would be quickest to 1k / over all dps/overflow XD baffled my mind last night with it needed to share thanks for reply kylos
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-17 12:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Fendarin said: »
hi kylos yeah i have most for drk tp set's atm but the emicho body/hands +1 out of reach atm (which i think is best in slot's)
i need to work out how i add equip sets to ffxiah account, acc is hovering around 1150-1185,out atm so will try and post sets later when im back. aiming for 38-40 stp to keep the same xhit with sam roll, and always run with a cor geo brd in dd party so acc is never a prob tbh with 1150+. thanks so much for reply will defo try and post my sets later just thought the stats i provided was enuff to work out what would be quickest to 1k / over all dps/overflow XD baffled my mind last night with it needed to share thanks for reply kylos

Yeah I don't make use of Emicho, as I prefer Valorous, Odyssean, AF+3s etc. I wouldn't worry too much about STP at this point of the game, we get mad tp overflow with buffs anyways, even more so in Escha. It's during a mythic aftermath or with lesser buffs should you be concerned about x-hits really. DRK's biggest weakness is accuracy, so I would be aiming for the 1.2k mark if you're using Ragnarok. Those values are acceptable if using anything else.
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 13:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my sets are all caped haste and 5hit (4+ws), 4hit doesn't seem worth It?. I've always geared haste/acc/xhit/multi attack in that order. Run omen and my acc is always 96% + and with a 23k avg torch I don't need 1.2k for that, if it was t4,s I would just use acc set (af3's regal ring etc) or a Dt set depending on my needs, just the Max magic haste/LR/Sam roll set is baffling me I'm unsure what set (1,2,3,4) would win over all. 1st to 1k wins rights?. If I stay in my normal LR set (62 step) when Sam roll is on it's still a 5 hit just crazy overflow really unsure what will give me the most out of the sets I said. Trying to figure out how to show my sets I made, do I need to activate something?
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 13:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

do i just input the gear individually ?
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 14:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Type in the names of items individually and once done at the very bottom is an item set line which u can copy and paste around
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-17 14:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You should gear stp around so that when you get a decent Sam roll it drops you a hit in your set not so you can maintain a xhit as well. I have a 5hit build but with a good Sam roll I drop a full hit. If you're running with that much support is go with the last option but really should post sets/mention Augs per piece
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 15:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

hi vedder how much stp do u stack on your set? with a sam roll 11 u need 75 stp in your set to make 4 hit (3 hits +ws) doesnt seem worth it if possible. with 40 stp in LR/sam roll set i can maintain a 5 hit (4 hits+ws) and add extra acc da/ta/qa 2 beff up my hit rate / over all dps. but yes i really need to learn how to post my sets granted will get to it as soon as im done with omen thanks for your reply hope u can get back to me. hoping saevel can give me something to think about too
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-17 15:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

would love to see your maxbuff sets, i dont think it has been covered yet
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2017-08-17 15:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to ask (without skimming through the past pages i've missed while inactive for a month or so) if anyone has beaten any of the master trials while on drk? if so, which?
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 203 204 205