(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 203 204 205
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-19 16:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Ruaumoko said: »
Apoc to me, is a defensive weapon only. As far as Scythe DPS goes an Anguta will absolutely demolish it.

Apoc is a defensive weapon but it's a damn good one. With a good Max HP Boost and with Dread Spikes to support you're near unkillable with it.
Id like you to post sets and make a How to guide like you did with RUN and PUP which are both amazing and worth using over most forum post!

Kylos, TYSVM! Those post with values and acc are amazing to base my sets off of (which fall short in about every way vs your sets) As vedder destroys my DD jobs vs his Dark I need to step up and make something I can make him cry over

Thanks. I might not be the strongest DRK, or the best player in the world .. but the job will be always be a big part of my life as long as FFXI exists. Will keep it updated for you. Give 'em hell lol.

PS: For Drayco - I do want Apoc .. but I'm aiming to get better gear which requires gil, and I'm poor for now.
 Leviathan.Vedder
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-19 17:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuuuuuuuu don't do eet! That aside I think highly of your character kylos, you made a mythic and by all reports lead a strong number of things with the purpose of advancement not only of yourself but those around you. That's the kind of thing we as a community need more of. Cheers my friend.
By andy1110 2017-07-21 06:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys, do you still use Gavialis helm when the day matches the ws(resolution and torcleaver)? I have been using Ody with vit15 acc11 atk14 wsd4% for torcleaver and argosy +1 for resolution, is it worth to switch to the bird helm?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-22 19:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have a cumulative total of all of the drk gifts? pain in the *** trying to add it all from mobile
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-22 19:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

28def 116atk 22 Eva 22acc 36meva 8crit dmg 8wsdmg 42macc 36 dark skill edge Lord 666

Edit: I feel we got kinda screwed over
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
Server: Asura
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2017-07-28 01:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

so out of curiosity, how potent is converts damage taken to tp + gear? im wondering it like the ratri breastplate (+8) would be good with we full time during MB drains? does the damage taken increase more so with more damage taken?
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-28 02:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc to me, is a defensive weapon only. As far as Scythe DPS goes an Anguta will absolutely demolish it.

Apoc is a defensive weapon but it's a damn good one. With a good Max HP Boost and with Dread Spikes to support you're near unkillable with it.
Id like you to post sets and make a How to guide like you did with RUN and PUP which are both amazing and worth using over most forum post!
I've actually been working on one on-and-off for two weeks now. Literally finished it a few hours ago. Sets are included in the video.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 04:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually been working on one on-and-off for two weeks now. Literally finished it a few hours ago. Sets are included in the video.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Watched it a while ago tonight, Love it, SPEAK UP! You are very quiet when you talk in your videos and I have to turn the volume almost to max just to hear you lol
Other than that, Great video!
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-28 04:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's odd. My microphone output is set to 100% and I speak at my usual volume and tone I typically do. Not sure why it comes across as that, will have to look into it.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-28 04:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's odd. My microphone output is set to 100% and I speak at my usual volume and tone I typically do. Not sure why it comes across as that, will have to look into it.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with you, I was just poking fun a lil at how Youtube has strange issues. One video can be perfect next I have to lower volume to almost nothing next is normal again and so on. I have watched your Run and Pup videos a few times, so I saw this one earlier tonight. All 3 have the same volume and clarity so am certain nothing on your end.

Big thanks again for the work you have done to help everyone enjoy the jobs and play better in a group and solo.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-28 12:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As usual great video. Extremely informative and well explained
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-29 01:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Great job Rua, I will post it on the advanced form too, so it wont be lost in a week being on page 135 lol.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-07-29 03:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

what gaxe are you using for fell cleave at the end there? i never realized i could do that on drk. lol
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-07-29 03:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure which hes using, but I use the byakko one, its nice, im sure any really works fine lol. Hell Blurred+1 with its AOT45 is probably best tbh.

I know another drk that likes to do -break series on gaxe too for tougher fights, says the land rate isnt bad on them too now since update. Im not 100% sold on this yet, but Its another tool.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-07-29 05:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the only byakko axe i could go get is the 75 one since the ls im in is casual and doesnt do the hard stuff =/ lol. i also just discovered how pretty the anguta is D=
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-29 06:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
what gaxe are you using for fell cleave at the end there? i never realized i could do that on drk. lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-29 07:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fell Cleave on DRK? Sounds fun, I often run with my dad who plays GA Warrior so we could cleave together.

One thing you perhaps should've mentioned in the video was Shockwave. Saved a bunch of LS mates farming Omen Cards with it, and the sleep effect is very reliable. On resistant targets like Panopts I'll bring in a magic accuracy set to ensure it lands.

Otherwise, it's a pretty cool vid as it shows the potential of Apoc (which I'm working on) as well as Entropy and Cross Reaper which I don't use much at the moment. Is Consume Mana worth using at all? Of course it's easier if you Entropy immediately after, but whenever I've used it I ain't noticed any difference in damage.

Also looking at some of your sets I see you include a lot of WS dmg for WS like Insurgency. Wouldn't stacking multi-attack like Reso (Argosy) be more worthwhile? WS dmg is meant to only affect the first hit so is only worthwhile for Quietus, Torc, Cata, and Cross Reaper. Unless I'm missing something obvious?

Edit: Also want to add I've been completing MB objectives in Omen by using a combination of Hard Slash > Freezebite > Shantotto II MB. If done right on transcended you can do Hard Slash > Freezebite twice for a 4-step skillchain. They are weak so you can use it on regular mobs too. Just another tip for you guys. :)

Edit2: Also forgot about Impact .. I should get back to Shinryu to get a cloak. Do you just cast it with the Cloak + MACC gear? Does Ratri extend its duration past three minutes? I want to get this as Bio II, Infernal and Impact is a good combo against heavy hitters.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-29 07:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely separate to my other post .. I updated my gear sets on the previous page as I recently obtained AF Body +3. Insurgency, Quietus, Torcleaver, Resolution, and Max Accuracy sets have changed and I updated accuracy values.

I'll have the hands +3 soon as well. I plan on using it for one hit ws like Torcleaver and Quietus only, as it doesn't suit being a TP piece and has little going for it when used with Reso or Insurgency. While it has no WS damage, stacking with two other +3's gives crazy amounts of accuracy, attack, STR, and VIT.

I feel like I can't replace some +3s as accuracy is DRK's weakness and there's plenty of WSdmg in other slots. The skillchain bonus +10% is very appealing as Torcleaver and Quietus are used specifically for Light / Darkness.
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-29 19:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Magic Accuracy set and the cloak for Impact.

Feet are Empy+1 for Occult Acumen+30%
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-30 16:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Insurgency actually has a pretty fast-high scaling ftp mod for first hit, it starts super low but grows very quickly between 1k-2k tp so it could be geared for differently depending on tp level at use. Another greataxe of note is the beheader which also is useful on RUN if your looking to save inventory. Consume mana is a must for me at least to hit the 30k ws obj with just done trust buffs. When trying for that 30k-er ill bring out quiltada ulmia Joachim and get endark2 lr se and 3ktp then just before ws (think sneak attack here) ill pop consume mana and drop a 3k torc, it usually does 32-35 k with just the above buffs. Another benefit to apoc users is u can easily cata-cata and burst abs spells. Not a huge thing but keeping hp up since I sometimes don't run a trust tank, also the hp restore of cata counts towards that hp 500 10x obj too.
Done collecting drk cards though (4/5+3 any others will go towards feet but meh lol)
Sorry saeval I havnt had time to test the founders vs af+3 on any arcana NM yet x.x
By Taint 2017-07-30 16:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Insurgency actually has a pretty fast-high scaling ftp mod for first hit, it starts super low but grows very quickly between 1k-2k tp so it could be geared for differently depending on tp level at use. Another greataxe of note is the beheader which also is useful on RUN if your looking to save inventory. Consume mana is a must for me at least to hit the 30k ws obj with just done trust buffs. When trying for that 30k-er ill bring out quiltada ulmia Joachim and get endark2 lr se and 3ktp then just before ws (think sneak attack here) ill pop consume mana and drop a 3k torc, it usually does 32-35 k with just the above buffs. Another benefit to apoc users is u can easily cata-cata and burst abs spells. Not a huge thing but keeping hp up since I sometimes don't run a trust tank, also the hp restore of cata counts towards that hp 500 10x obj too.
Done collecting drk cards though (4/5+3 any others will go towards feet but meh lol)
Sorry saeval I havnt had time to test the founders vs af+3 on any arcana NM yet x.x

30k WS is way easier than that. SC damage counts.

Endark,LR,Hasso,AbsSTR is more than enough.

Med > Sekka

I do Cata > CR for an easy 30-60k SC. But tons of combos work.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-30 16:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep forgetting that thx taint lol

Edit: that's also assuming the Transc. Survive the 2 ws's though, just an alternative way is all
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-30 16:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I aim for with the 30k damage objective but obviously I can't always have LR and Souleater together, so it depends. I've done it with either and both, but what I generally aim for (can do it almost every time now) is .. using Ragnarok by the way.

Preparation
Last Resort.
Drain 3 for 4-6k HP.
Scourge at 3k TP for Aftermath.
Absorb ACC VIT and STR (can do on a sweetwater before you pull transcended next).
Fresh Endark II is required; don't do it without.
Have over 2k TP so you can Sekkanoki.
If no Sekkanoki, pop meditate as you engage so you don't waste it.
Hasso is not required.

Trusts

I like to have a nuker for MBs .. so my trust setup tends to be August, Ulmia, Koru, Yoran, and Shantotto II. However, Shantotto II can interrupt with Final Exam if she has TP, so you need to either check that she hasn't got TP, or get rid of her til you're done.

The Business End.

Once I got everything I pull it with Stun, run away, put on Souleater gear (+3 head at least), pop Souleater, wait for it to come, recheck to make sure ya got everything (I've forgotten to pop Sekkanoki more than once before today!), and Torcleaver x2 should be enough.

With the gear I have I'm killing almost any transcended with 2 weapon skills. The light skillchain definitely counts, and is encouraged because doing a single 30k WS is very difficult without real GEO, BRD, COR buffs. My group just lets me do that objective as I clear it most of the time. Only time I don't is maybe .. on the 1st or 2nd floor when time is a factor and I already used and lost LR, or I focused too much on another objective so didn't have time to prepare.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-30 16:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
This is what I aim for with the 30k damage objective but obviously I can't always have LR and Souleater together, so it depends. I've done it with either and both, but what I generally aim for (I can do it almost every time now) is ..

Using Ragnarok by the way - Last Resort. Drain 3 for 4-6k HP. Scourge at 3k TP for the aftermath. Absorb ACC VIT and STR (can do it on a sweetwater before you pull transcended next). A fresh Endark II is required; don't do it without. Then try to have over 2k TP so you can Sekkanoki. If you don't have Sekkanoki, you must have meditate and pop it right as you engage so you don't waste it. Hasso should not be needed.

I like to have a nuker for MBs .. so my trust setup tends to be August, Ulmia, Koru, Yoran, and Shantotto II. However, Shantotto II can interrupt you with Final Exam if she has TP, so you need to either check that she hasn't got TP, or get rid of her for a little bit.

Once I got everything I pull it with Stun, run away, put on my Souleater gear (+3 head at least), pop Souleater, (of course you should have dreads on so you ain't losing HP as the transcended hits you), wait for it to come, recheck everything to make sure I'm ready (I've forgotten to pop Sekkanoki more than once before today), and then do Torcleaver x2.

With the gear I have now I'm killing almost any transcended with 2 weapon skills. The light skillchain definitely counts, and is encouraged .. because doing a single 30k WS is very, very hard without GEO, BRD, COR buffs etc. My group just lets me do that objective as I clear it 99% of the time. Only time I don't is maybe on the 1st or 2nd floor when time is a factor and I already used and lost LR or I focused too much on another objective.
Totally in agreement here.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-30 17:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok sorry but I edited my post so it reads easier.

Edit: Edited my post on the previous page again. This time I only changed the Max ACC and Torcleaver sets. I'm currently torn between using AF Hands +3 over Ratri for Quietus, but it's difficult. I'll gain accuracy, but lose WSdmg. If I'm fighting a high level target I'll likely switch to AF just for the set bonus. Ratri +1 would be better.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-30 17:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally unrelated note but I just noticed that gkt rema are all higher base dmg then greatsword and that lionheart destroys rag and cala on base damage wtf is up with this bs. Why does even the drynwyn beat them??. Utter rubbish right there. Should be at least 315-325ish if lion is 336.
 Sylph.Wasenshi
Server: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2017-07-30 18:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally unrelated note but I just noticed that gkt rema are all higher base dmg then greatsword and that lionheart destroys rag and cala on base damage wtf is up with this bs. Why does even the drynwyn beat them??. Utter rubbish right there. Should be at least 315-325ish if lion is 336.
Rag can do 2.5x dmg and Cala AM lets you do triple dmg 50% of the time
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-07-30 18:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question. What does "Augment Weapon Bash" do on AF Hands +3? +16 Weapon Bash is extra base damage, but did anyone find out how they augment weapon bash?
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-30 18:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because all those weapons have higher delay than Ragnarok and Caladbolg, significantly so in the case of Lionheart and Dyrnwyn.
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-30 18:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wasenshi said: »
Rag can do 2.5x dmg and Cala AM lets you do triple dmg 50% of the time
I am well aware of that. I'm talking historically great sword has always had higher base damage then gkt and higher delay. Also that while other rema generally have the highest base dmg in the class great sword is only 5 more then say mont and Zulf is arguably better given proper Augs. Also why us there suck a huge gap between lionheart 336 and cala 303 and rag 304. That's ridiculous.
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 203 204 205