Verethragna
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Veltan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2012-12-20 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a while away from the game but I'm about to come back and I wanted to work to get a Verethragna. I had a bunch of questions though.

How far can a 99 PUP get in soloing the NMs for the items? I assume it could solo everything up until Ulhuadshi, is this wrong, could Pup do more?

Which NMs would you have the VE solo, which would you have both Meleeing, which would you have Pup melee with whm or rdm bot?

Any other help information would be appreciated. (attachment sets, special weapons (pet PDT weapon?), etc.)

Thanks!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-20 14:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that pup can/can't solo the mobs, you need key items from mobs that you have a low chance to get without using specific weaponskills that pup doesn't have.
[+]
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2012-12-20 14:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What about yellow box farming for KI? Would it still be outside the realm of possible?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-20 14:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It would take you too much to box farm on one account. You'll get Lacovie and Glavoid KIs as well, and the possibility of Chloris pops you already have that'll go to waste. Tahrongi NMs are definitely something you want to dualbox or bring friends for.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-12-20 14:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Its not that pup can/can't solo the mobs, you need key items from mobs that you have a low chance to get without using specific weaponskills that pup doesn't have.

iirc its about 50% ki even without red now.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-12-20 14:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Veltan said: »
What about yellow box farming for KI? Would it still be outside the realm of possible?
Yellow box farming would be slower, unless you have a method of cleaving. Even then it might still be slower.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-12-20 14:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the BLM puppet give Azure light? I don't remember but if it does then you should be fine with building lights solo as well as cleaving gold boxes with A.Edge and /DNC.

Though this method would be incredibly slow it takes me 4-5 hours to get full pops with a dualbox mule (occasionally a friend as well) when i whisker farm the KIs.

A lot of KI will go to waste as others have said.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-20 14:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither option is outside the realm of possibility.

Practicality is another matter.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-12-20 14:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Take a couple of days to level ninja to 99. You can cover most red procs on NIN and farm your 4 KIs for Chloris that way. It'll be slow but not impossible. Alternately, PUP is a strong Dynamis job. Farm currency, sell it, and buy your buds from a mercenary.

You should be able to do Ulhadshi much easier since it's only 2 KIs. He's soloable on PUP both ways, I'd imagine- you tanking, auto on WHM and healing, or auto meleeing. Dragua is soloable on PUP but it's a more difficult fight.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-20 14:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's how I goofed around with box farming on pup. Get a few ruby(56), then work on perle. After that, just box farm your azure. You can cleave on pup... Just wear some PDT and use rdm frame. It uses phalanx on you. I farmed like 20 itzpap scales for shits when I decided to use pup in abyssea for once. You can make chloris KI np this way on like bats in Tahrongi Canyon. Sell the Glavoid KI to buy Chloris whenever you get those 4 KI too.
By nyheen 2012-12-21 05:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

dude i done this not to long ago. was 50% solo, then after that 50% duo. my god it take a long time soloing chloris KI from the NMs. i find it much easy just farming the KI boxes and popping up the NM.

yes it can be all solo but it will take a very long time doing it. about 2 months of in and out of tahrongi farming 4/4 KI getting up to 29/50 buds. sometime i brew him to speed things up.

i didn do it 24/7. mostly 5 hours a day in tahrongi ki boxing. each day = 1 bud (2 if your lucky) same goes for Ulhadshi but 4X faster doing NM and box farming.. the rest i duo it. but if you keep up with it solo you will be done in 2 months or less
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2012-12-21 07:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. I may finish Blu or Nin to box farm quicker if I go that route since they are just about 90 and then do the NMs on PUP.

Are the preferred atma stil Ducal Guard, Mounted Champion and something that enhances counter for PUP NM soloing in Aby?

What are some needed gear sets to have for the PUP and Auto?
I assume all of the following are needed (depending on who is fighting)
Master DT/PDT/MDT
Master TP
Master WS

Auto DT/Haste
By nyheen 2012-12-21 08:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the preferred atma stil Ducal Guard, Mounted Champion and something that enhances counter for PUP NM soloing in Aby?

depends on the NM you fighting. most nm i just RR VV apoc and use whm pet to zerg the NM down. now if it some crazy NM like the iron giants i mostly would use DG MC RR with tank pet.

the tank atma slow down the kill speed by a whole lot, i used them atma before on my older pup solo videos but started to see it was slowing me down to much. so i used RR VV apoc, it also lot other good atma that great for DDing but these the ones i rock
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-12-21 09:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

nyheen said: »
dude i done this not to long ago. was 50% solo, then after that 50% duo. my god it take a long time soloing chloris KI from the NMs. i find it much easy just farming the KI boxes and popping up the NM.

yes it can be all solo but it will take a very long time doing it. about 2 months of in and out of tahrongi farming 4/4 KI getting up to 29/50 buds. sometime i brew him to speed things up.

i didn do it 24/7. mostly 5 hours a day in tahrongi ki boxing. each day = 1 bud (2 if your lucky) same goes for Ulhadshi but 4X faster doing NM and box farming.. the rest i duo it. but if you keep up with it solo you will be done in 2 months or less

Yikes, that's pretty crazy as far as time taken. With a duo, you can buy 3 of the 4 KI NM pop items, then do NIN/DNC and WAR/DNC for 100% shot at red. Build two pops that way. Then do Chloris on MNK/WAR and WHM/THF or THF and WHM.
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2012-12-21 09:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Time is the thing I'll have an abundance of, it would be much harder to consistantly get help since most of the people I used to run with are inactive.

Part of the reason I am coming back is because I just want to do something as a challenge, like soloing something I wanted before I took a long break from the game.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-12-21 10:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to say the ninja suggestion is a real good one. I would suggest the following, get a mule it is indespesible for low manning events and really opens up the door to solo play.

It would take you a week to lvl up a whm mule and get basic atmas.

You mention friends who quit, see if one of them would give you acess. The extra 12.99 is sooo worth it.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-12-23 15:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

iirc its about 50% ki even without red now.

It is zone dependent. Visions zones (IE: tahrongi), are like 20-25% drop rate on KI without red. Scars/heroes are around 50%.
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2012-12-24 19:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this be the optimal "Have the Automaton solo the mob" set:

Anwig is pet haste+5% and pet DT -10%

Oxywhatever is pet PDT -11%
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 19:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Would this be the optimal "Have the Automaton solo the mob" set:

Anwig is pet haste+5% and pet DT -10%

Oxywhatever is pet PDT -11%
Why? When you can make a proper set and fight the mobs and let the auto cure you.
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2012-12-24 19:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed that some mobs would do too much damage for the Puppetmaster to go toe-to-toe with them (especially with PUPs garbage choices for -DT, -MDT and -PDT).
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 19:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed that some mobs would do too much damage for the Puppetmaster to go toe-to-toe with them (especially with PUPs garbage choices for -DT, -MDT and -PDT).
For what he wants to do, a brd could solo.
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2012-12-24 19:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD could solo Dragua? Maybe I've been away from the game too long.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 20:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD could solo Dragua? Maybe I've been away from the game too long.
Yeah its called cruor.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-12-24 20:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If BRD can solo Alfard (without brew), I'm pretty sure a BRD can solo Dragua.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-24 20:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
If BRD can solo Alfard (without brew), I'm pretty sure a BRD can solo Dragua.
The 2 can't even close to be compared. Alfard is only physical damage if you tail tank, the BRD used mambos to evade every swing and the one TP move is 2-hit physical.

Dragua has spells and disgusting TP. If you solo it on BRD without a brew, I'll personally farm the other 74 scales for you.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 20:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bio -----> kite.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-24 20:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Bio -----> kite.
If you kite too far for it to cast, the only spell it'll use is stoneskin. Good luck.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 20:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bio -----> kite.
If you kite too far for it to cast, the only spell it'll use is stoneskin. Good luck.
Dude I bet if I were online, I could kill ANY mob in abyssea.... Have any of you ever heard of sea daughter and speed movement gear? I could kill dragua on naked *** brd with a ***dagger and evisceration.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-24 20:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude I bet if I were online, I could kill ANY mob in abyssea.... Have any of you ever heard of sea daughter and speed movement gear? I could kill dragua on naked *** brd with a ***dagger and evisceration.
Until it lands a Terra Wing or Absolute Terror and drops you full to dead before it wears.

It's likely possible, but it's improbable enough that it's completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to recommend anyone do it. By all means, OP can level BRD and do it and get his other 74 scales free though, he doesn't even need to server transfer.
[+]
By Zephin 2012-12-24 20:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with comeatmebro, Dragua would own most things solo.

Also petri on attacks, high tier ga spells, stoneskin would eat up your evis alot. And you'd prob run outta time before you killed it. He also has high pdt- as well. Petri wing...

I Blade: to brew'd him with thf.
First Page 2 3