Avatar perp goes to -4 on a +2 stone

Pet: DEF goes to like +18 or +22, don't remember
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-26 11:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

On the Keraunos I got +20 Elemental Siphon with a +1 Leafdim stone.
BG wiki reports it to go up to 25 with either +1 as well as +2.
By TrickedAsura 2015-02-26 11:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
This is what data I've got so far. Am I missing anything worth noting?

Alluvion Skirmish:
The following are exclusive augments available for the weapon Keraunos. Up to 1 Snow, 1 Leaf, and 1 Dusk Augment can exist at the same time.

AugmentSnoworbSnoworb+1Snoworb+2
Pet: Magic Attack Bonusup to 13up to 17up to 21
Pet: Attack/Ranged Attackup to 4up to 10up to 13
Pet: Magic Accuracyup to 10up to 19up to 14
Pet: Accuracy/Ranged Accuracyup to 9up to 18up to 14
Pet: M.Evasionup to ?up to 16up to 10
Pet: Evasionup to 6up to 3up to 14
Pet:Defenseup to 6up to 13up to 19
AugmentLeaforbLeaforb+1Leaforb+2
Avatar Perpetuation Cost-up to 2up to 4up to ?
Pet: Hasteup to 2up to 4up to ?
Pet: Critical Hit Rateup to 2up to ?up to ?
Pet: PDT-up to 2up to 4up to 3
Pet: Store TPup to ?up to 2up to 3
Pet: Regenup to ?up to 3up to ?
AugmentDuskorbDuskorb+1Duskorb+2
Blood Pact Damageup to 5up to ?up to 7
AugmentLeafdimLeafdim+1Leafdim+2
Elemental Siphonup to ?up to 20up to 25

The following are exclusive augments Helios Armor set. Up to 1 Snow, 1 Leaf, and 1 Dusk Augment can exist at the same time.

Pet: Magic Attack Bonusup to ?up to 26up to 30
Pet: Magic Accuracyup to ?up to ?up to 30
Pet: Attack/Ranged Attackup to 1up to ?up to 30
Pet: Accuracy/Ranged Accuracyup to ?up to ?up to 30
Pet: Defenseup to ?up to ?up to 22
Pet: Double Attackup to ?up to 3up to 8
Pet: Critical Hit Rateup to ?up to 3up to 4
Pet: Regenup to ?up to ?up to 3
"Blood Pact" ability delayup to ?up to ?up to 5
Blood Boonup to ?up to ?up to 7
Avatar Perpetuation Cost-up to ?up to ?up to 4
Blood Pact Damageup to 5up to 7up to 7
Pet: Hasteup to ?up to ?up to 6
Summoning Skillup to 3up to 8up to ?

The following are exclusive augments Telchine Armor set. Up to 1 Snow, 1 Leaf, and 1 Dusk Augment can exist at the same time.

?up to ?up to ?up to 30
Pet: Subtle Blowup to ?up to ?up to ?
Elemental Siphonup to ?up to 35up to ?
Pet: Damage Taken -%up to ?up to ?up to 3

Have you confirmed BP dmg is possible on Keraunos ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-26 15:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

TrickedAsura said: »
Have you confirmed BP dmg is possible on Keraunos ?

I'm starting to wonder the same to be fair, I've just tossed about 15 stones at mine and I've seen MND and CHR and in the end I've just decided to pick the +20 HMP.

I'm beginning to think +BP damage is Helios exclusive.

Doesn't help that Duskorb prices have skyrocketed on my server either...
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-02-26 16:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just double checked. I thought he was confirming that he had got BP+ his Keraunos.

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Pretty good question I found on BG.
dasva;6357149 said:
Curious does anyone know if they test server is still usable to help test these?

Also curious, has anybody tried any Pet Augments on Telchine yet? And a Duskorb on Keraunos?

I'm definitely going to play around with my Keraunos and try to get BP+7 Pet:MAB+30 etc.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-26 16:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I just double checked. I thought he was confirming that he had got BP+ his Keraunos.

Pretty good question I found on BG.
dasva;6357149 said:
Curious does anyone know if they test server is still usable to help test these?

Also curious, has anybody tried any Pet Augments on Telchine yet? And a Duskorb on Keraunos?

I'm definitely going to play around with my Keraunos and try to get BP+7 Pet:MAB+30 etc.

Well, seeing as the current cap for Pet MAB on Keraunos is 21, I wont be getting 30 as I once thought was possible.
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-27 10:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Well, seeing as the current cap for Pet MAB on Keraunos is 21, I wont be getting 30 as I once thought was possible.

They raised the caps of many previous augments, so it might go higher now.

Anyways, the reforged Empyrean armor is coming next update. We may see some Helios get replaced already.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-27 11:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody confirmed BP damage on Keraunos? It can appear on Linos at least, so it's possible it might be an augment for Keraunos as well?
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-27 12:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Anyways, the reforged Empyrean armor is coming next update. We may see some Helios get replaced already.

Well yeah, considering that announcement I may leave the body alone for now. o.o
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-27 12:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »

Well yeah, considering that announcement I may leave the body alone for now. o.o

I just finally got BP dmg on my last piece besides the body. Even then, the body... I dunno. It's debateable if it's worth using even now, probably is, but not by much I imagine. Trading 5 BP damage for +29 MATK (optimally) and +4 crit. Sounds like a fair trade, but it's certainly a dicey one. Either way, Helios Jacket wins for magical pacts.

Caller's Doublet though...

In other news, I just finally got BP+7 my boots, so I decided to test it out. Hurray, testing.

In my case, my BP+7, MATK+26 boots lose on magical pacts to my MATK+45 Hagondes Boots. That means that MATK+19 is worth more than BP+7 for magical pacts for me. However, it's not by too much (160 dmg?) so I imagine they will still win on Flaming Crush due to the BP damage increasing the physical damage, not to mention the crit rate. I still need to refine the boots to maximum MATK (+29/+30).

Part of me wants to just augment a ton of JSE capes and get BP dmg+1/2/3/4/5 and observe scaling of damage.
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-27 12:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caller's Doublet though...

That, Convoker's is a good body already and as you say Helios will beat it on Crush (And magic pacts) by maybe a margin which makes it worth investing in, however with the announcement of the reforged Empyrian gear next month it might be worth waiting...
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-27 12:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The damage is done for my Helios body.

BP DMG+7
Pet: Critical Hit+4
Pet: Magic Attack Bonus+30

Btw, is anyone doing a mix-n-match with augments? Meaning, hypoethetically say, Acc+ 30 on Head, Magic Acc+30 on Feet, MAB+30 everywhere else.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-27 13:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I kinda did what I said in the end of my post.

Using a couple different capes and the magical Caller's Sash (the most OP matk item in the game), I was able to get some numbers.

On Meteor Strike, 0 TP, 5/5 merits:

Hagondes Sabots (MATK+45)
BP dmg+1 = +55 dmg
MATK+1 = +28.5 dmg

Helios Boots (BP Dmg+7, MATK+26)
BP dmg+1 = +51 dmg
MATK+1 = +29.5 dmg

As you can see, with more MATK, BP dmg becomes more useful, and with more BP dmg, MATK becomes more useful (this was kinda obvious, but hey look numbers). With the Hagondes Sabots, 1 BP dmg is roughly equal to 1.93 MATK (almost double), while in the other case, 1 BP dmg is roughly equal to 1.73 MATK. The value of MATK can change drastically with increases to BP dmg, while the value of BP dmg will change with MATK.

Either way, with these numbers, I can guesstimate my damage gains off these stats a lot better, and say that BP dmg is worth roughly 1.5 ~ 2.0 MATK, which is a much better ballpark than I had before (none). Using this as a metric, KEEPING IN MIND that this is not 1000% accurate and that the weights change a bit with adjustments, I can make some gear decisions. Because I will still be leaning favorably one way or another on scaling, we should be able to get a pretty good idea unless the numbers come VERY close.

Also keep in mind that I am using Nirvana, which drastically affects my scaling. With a Balsam or Keraunos, the worth of BP damage goes way up, so if they're very close in value, the BP damage might pull ahead in those cases.

These tests for for Magical Blood Pact Rages, not Flaming Crush. Flaming Crush gets much more worth from BP damage.

Shomonjijoe+1 (MATK+30) vs Convoker Doublet (BP+12)?
Even if BP damage was at its most optimal (2 matk per point), it still can't get close to Shomonjijoe, with a difference of MATK+6. Even at a minimum unity ranking (which never happens), Shomonjijoe still barely pulls ahead by 1 MATK. If you're using Balsam or Keraunos, this one might be tough! BP damage greatly increases the worth of Shomonjijoe.
Verdict: Shomonjijoe +1

Hagondes Sabots (MATK+45) vs Helios (BP+7, MATK+26)?
Same thing here. Even if BP damage was most optimal at 2 MATK per point, that would still only leave the Helios Boots at MATK+40, which is not enough to scratch the Hagondes at +45. Even if the MATK on the Helios was capped out at +30, it would still lose, just barely, to the Hagondes, and the Hagondes are not capped out either (MATK+20 instead of MATK+25). Helios is no good for Magical Pacts in this case, however, for Flaming Crush, it's still worth it! Trading what amounts to be roughly MATK+5 for BP+7 is totally worthwhile, and then still some bonus crit rate. If you're using Balsam or Keraunos, the worth of the BP damage from the Helios will go up here; not sure if enough though!
Verdict: Hagondes Sabots

Bonus Round:
Conveyance Cape (BP dmg+5) vs Argochampsa Mantle (MATK+12)?
Again, Argochampsa wins on damage. Even if BP damage was at optimal value, Argochampsa still pulls ahead by 2 points. However, it's important to keep in mind the Conveyance Cape can have anywhere from +9~13 summoning skill on top of it, which roughly equals that much accuracy. You'd be trading +2~4 MATK for +9~13 accuracy. Tough, this one is gonna be up to you. If you're using Balsam/Keraunos, again, Conveyance Cape might pull ahead.

As you can see, in a lot of these, the winner is quite clear, but they can be kinda close sometimes. I'm only testing with Nirvana, because that is what's relevant to me at the moment. I might go back and test with others if I feel like it, but either way, it's going to be very difficult for me to give up using Nirvana even if the damage is slightly higher with Keraunos/Balsam because of Nirvana's accuracy gains.

EDIT: Fine, I wasn't going to test Balsam, but curiousity!

Balsam Staff
BP dmg+1 = +73 dmg
MATK+1 = +20.5 dmg

This puts BP dmg equal to roughly 3.56 MATK per point. Ouch! This will definitely affect your gear decisions above. Convoker's Doublet and Conveyance Cape pull ahead, becoming better than their other options. This also serves to make Helios Jacket even stronger, pushing it ahead of the Convoker's Doublet. However, in the case of Hagondes Sabots vs Helios Boots, it comes VERY close, with Helios being like +1~2 worth of MATK ahead. If you stick BP dmg on Keraunos, Nirvana stands no chance in any of these cases for damage, but Nirvana still has that massive accuracy lead.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-27 13:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So, by your testing, my Helios body with Pet MAB+30 is better than Convokers+1?

Interesting.
By Crevox 2015-02-27 13:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting.

Definitely so. Shomonjijoe beat it before with Nirvana, and only it does so even harder with the BP damage of Helios.

Keep in mind this all changes a bit based on how much MATK and BP damage you have. My gear is nearly optimal, so if you're very geared like I am, you should be around the same.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-27 13:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »

Interesting.

Definitely so. Shomonjijoe beat it before with Nirvana, and only it does so even harder with the BP damage of Helios.

Keep in mind this all changes a bit based on how much MATK and BP damage you have. My gear is nearly optimal, so if you're very geared like I am, you should be around the same.

My gear is pretty close to optimal, but I still have a few tweaks needed on a few of my Helios pieces. I'm needing BP Damage on my Helios head and +7 on my Hands. Legs are body are 100% done, as well as my Critical Hit and MAB Augments.

EDIT: I'm not 100% finished with my Helios Boots yet, but close.
 Asura.Kyushu
user: Wolfie
By Asura.Kyushu 2015-02-27 17:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So was this a known value for the Skirmish Staff ...? Used Duskorb +2
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-27 17:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You not only confirmed BP dmg on Keraunos, you have shown it goes to at LEAST 10.

Much bp, wow
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-28 02:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm going to wait with that until more people confirm this and when stones drop in price considerably again.

I've just dunked another 12 stones in and got nothing but slapped in the face by CHR, STR and MP.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-28 02:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shirai said: »
Yeah, I'm going to wait with that until more people confirm this and when stones drop in price considerably again.

I've just dunked another 12 stones in and got nothing but slapped in the face by CHR, STR and MP.

I've had similar bad luck on armor. :p
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-02-28 03:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, It's not that I really mind that, it's just that right now every attempt sets me back 300 to 500k.
Gil I should be sticking into Alex...

[edit]
For now...
By TrickedAsura 2015-02-28 21:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You got those pet stat boosts from a Duskorb?
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-28 21:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Strange augment. You could make Keraunos into a funky perp staff with that. Still not as good as the BP damage, but... yeah.
 Asura.Kyushu
user: Wolfie
By Asura.Kyushu 2015-03-01 00:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I ended up settling for now with.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-01 01:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

TrickedAsura said: »
You got those pet stat boosts from a Duskorb?

Yeah, Duskorb +2.
By TrickedAsura 2015-03-01 10:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kyushu said: »

This is what I ended up settling for now with.

Interesting. The previous
Reported cap to pet DA/crit on this weapon was 5. Maybe this means the MAB can exceed 21 now
 Bahamut.Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-01 11:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh by the way Garota, Snoworbs Seem to behave as normal on the Telchine set.
In a hand full of tries I've gotten Pet: Defense (Up to +20 with +2 stones>) and Pet: Magic Accuracy (Up to +20 so far with a +1 stone, but haven't managed to reach that with a +2 either) and some of the pet acc/racc blurb.

(Using Telchine for Macc build to give it more use than solely a Siphon built.)

That said: Ye have served me well Regimen mittens, but now it is time for us to part.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-03-01 13:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, thanks for the heads up Shirai, I'll update the data on the chart and original post later tonight. Unfortunately, doesn't look like Telchine can can have Pet: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20 Haste+6% all at once however.

Because there's so many different Helios augments, I think I'm going to finally force myself to figure out how to use a .lua thingie.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-03-02 08:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I was playing around with my Keraunos and ended up with:

Elemental Siphon+25
Pet: Double Attack+4 Critical Hit Rate+4
Magic Attack Bonus+15

Clearly I need more MAB in order to best Frazil and BP Damage certainly would be desirable, but I dunno.. I may need to farm another Keraunos for BP Damage.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-02 15:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Duskorb rolled Elemental Siphon?

That means... both Leafdim and Duskorb roll it and combo?
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 48 49 50