users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 48 49 50
By Crevox 2014-09-09 04:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

From the other thread:

Summoning Skill+2, Blood Pact Damage+3, Pet: Enmity+5

JSE capes are dropping with augments in Incursion.
[+]
 Phoenix.Phillie
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2014-09-12 07:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can i see someones hybrid set for flaming crush? ive been using just my magic BP set but thinkin there is a better outcome achievable..
By Zoltar 2014-09-12 08:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

From another thread:

Asura.Pergatory said: »
I've actually been going back and forth a lot between Hagondes Sabots (Avatar:MAB+20 augment) and Convoker's Pigaches +1 with Flaming Crush trying to figure out which is better. I do ADL runs a lot, so I get to use Flaming Crush on Dynamis Lord a lot.

What I've found is that the difference is negligible. My highest so far has been right around 35k with both pairs of boots, with averages right around 25-30k.

Note that this is with Nirvana, not Balsam Staff, in addition to other BP damage boosting items which should skew my tests against Convoker's Pigaches +1, so I'm kind of surprised they held up as well as they did. My theory is this: I believe I read somewhere once upon a time that the damage from the magic hit of Flaming Crush uses the damage from the physical hits (or maybe just the first physical hit) as the base magic damage. It's possible this leads to BP Damage+ stats being double-counted on the magic hit of Flaming Crush. For those of you using Balsam, I suspect Convoker's Pigaches +1 might be significantly better than Hagondes, as counter-intuitive as it may seem. Give them a try!

For reference, here's the build I use:

ItemSet 319492
By Zoltar 2014-09-12 08:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm willing to bet the augmented summoners cape with BP+ dmg would be in there
By Crevox 2014-09-12 08:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I already know the difference between MAB and Nirvana for something like boots, and have seen that post, haha. Thank you for showing me though.

You can use this formula with any given MAB/BP dmg% gear sets to identify which would end up with more damage on Flaming Crush (credit to BG forum):

(6*(100+MAB)/100 +8)*(1+bpdamage%/100)

Nirvana is just such a large amount of change for something like Flaming Crush, I was hoping for some first hand knowledge/experience outside of just the formula.
By Zoltar 2014-09-12 08:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry lol was intended for the poster above me, Phillie. He's looking for an example set that is hybrid
By Crevox 2014-09-12 08:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Sorry lol was intended for the poster above me, Phillie. He's looking for an example set that is hybrid

Oh my bad, I completely missed that post. x_x

But yeah, that formula should probably help in that. I still think some ATK might help Flaming Crush if you're hurting on pDif, but it's really situational and hard to make a judgment on what a good trade off would be.
By Zoltar 2014-09-12 09:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think that above set needs a couple changes:

Back: Summoner's Cape w/ BP Dmg Augment
Hands: Hagondes/Hagondes+1 w/ Pet MAB +25

Since Hagondes Feet with Pet MAB +25 beat out a 6% BP dmg from Convoker's Pigaches +1, I'm willing to bet the Spurrina/Auspex Gages (5% & 4% BP Dmg respectively) will get beat by Hagondes hands with a strong MAB aug.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-09-12 18:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't Argochampsa Mantle beat the augmented Conveyance Cape for crush?

Argochampsa Mantle
DEF:13 Attack+12 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+12 Pet: Attack+12 Ranged Attack+12 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+12
 Phoenix.Phillie
Server: Phoenix
user: Phillie
By Phoenix.Phillie 2014-09-13 22:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ty for the hybrid set. now can i see a updated shattersoul? lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zoltar 2014-09-16 12:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Question, if you are making a hybrid set for Flaming Crush, I have a question about Hagondes Sabots +1 (feet)

Since these are native with Pet MAB+25, would you all say you'd want Pet Attack or Pet MAB on these as an augment?

I have (2) pairs of these, one augmented with Pet MAB +15 and one with Pet Attack/Ranged Attack +15.

Which would you use in the case of Flaming Crush?
By Crevox 2014-09-16 13:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally would just use the MAB ones, they probably make the bigger difference. I think attack's effects on Flaming Crush (or rather, its value) isn't really thoroughly tested, but MAB is.

I think the attack would only be useful in a situation where pDif is lacking badly (against a mob with high defense or something), but even then we can't really say the attack would be better. By solving the pDif, you increase the damage of the attack and thus also increase the damage granted by BP% and possibly the worth of MAB if the physical attack of the Flaming Crush affects the damage of the magical portion.

Still, if you're worried about pDif, pop a Kusamochi, Crimson Howl, and Dia II and go forward with the MAB. A Geomancer running Frailty would also solve this. Generally the only time you're running Flaming Crush is on something where you have the upper-stat hand anyways, because on bosses they usually either have MDB (making Flaming Crush super weak) or they have a lot of defense and other blood pacts become a better choice.
By Zoltar 2014-09-17 07:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply!
 Odin.Acacia
Server: Odin
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-09-23 08:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the max pet: MAB you can get on Hagondes +1? The best I've seen so far is +25... I was hoping it went up to +30 like normal MAB.

Edit: Also very late reply to this
Asura.Sechs said: »
@Acacia
Wasn't the Caller's+2 issue solved? Have you re-tested recently? I thought it was working for healing BPs at least.
And I thought it was the TP bonus what was broken (ManaCede wasn't working either) and not the Callers+2 pants themselves.
No, the TP Bonus on Caller's Spats +2 is still broken. I just tested it again myself. TP gained normally or from Caller's Pendant effect all BPs as expected but the TP Bonus from spats does nothing except for on merit BPs.
By Zoltar 2014-09-23 09:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maximum Pet MAB is 25. So if you spend a ton of money you can make pretty wicked Magic BPs
 Odin.Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-09-25 13:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maximum Pet MAB is 25. So if you spend a ton of money you can make pretty wicked Magic BPs
Awesome, thanks! Is the max also +25 for pet: m.acc? Best I've seen so far is +20
 Odin.Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-09-26 13:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some more testing with Caller's Spats +2 and with 5/5 Wind Blade they don't come anywhere close to my Hagondes with Pet: MAB+25. In fact the boost from the TP Bonus is pretty low and you could probably beat them with a much weaker augment.

Also when it comes to Nirvana, the extra two levels have a very dramatic effect. It even beats out Balsam Staff for magical BPs by a small amount.

With Nirvana my set has Pet: MAB+129 and BP Dmg+52
With Balsam Staff my set has Pet: MAB+249 and BP Dmg+12
By Zoltar 2014-09-26 14:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Your Nirvana should be killing Balsam Staff whether Physical or Magical...

What gear does your BP Dmg+52 comprise of?
 Odin.Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-09-26 14:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Your Nirvana should be killing Balsam Staff whether Physical or Magical...

What gear does your BP Dmg+52 comprise of?
Nirvana is +40(%) and Convoker's Doublet +1 is +12(%)

The testing I did for magical BPs was just on low level mobs so that I knew that dINT/m.acc would be capped and I would get consistent numbers. Obviously on higher level stuff Nirvana shines even more because of the improved ratios.

I was just surprised how much of a difference the extra two levels make. I mean if you ignore the extra levels, the math puts Balsam ahead for magical BPs by quite a bit... or maybe I'm just doing the math wrong.
By Zoltar 2014-09-26 14:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotcha, but with Nirvana + gear (assuming no cap on BP dmg) you should be able to get into the +70~75 BP dmg range
 Odin.Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-09-26 14:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotcha, but with Nirvana + gear (assuming no cap on BP dmg) you should be able to get into the +70~75 BP dmg range
Oh yeah, I know, those were just the two sets I was using to compare Nirvana vs Balsam just for magic BPs.
By Zoltar 2014-09-26 14:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah with an add. 25% BP dmg you'll be killing ***quick lol
 Odin.Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-09-30 13:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Acacia said: »
Awesome, thanks! Is the max also +25 for pet: m.acc? Best I've seen so far is +20
To answer my own question, it appears that the cap on pet: m.acc is +25 as well. I got +24 on my NQ Hagondes Hat today.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-09-30 17:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
for physical pacts, would glyphic bracers +1, artsieq cuffs with pet: acc/atk+20 or Hagondes cuffs with pet: mab+23~ (i've heard mab gives a boost to physical pacts) be best?

ps- i don't have Spurrina gages and probably won't get them anyways >_>
Pet: MAB only effects Flaming Crush because it does both physical and magical damage. For all other physical Blood Pacts, it depends on your avatar's accuracy vs the mob it's attacking. Artsieq Cuffs may help damage slightly but at the cost of about 27 accuracy. Although you can easily augment your avatar's accuracy with Shiromochi and also the next update will increase avatar acc/m.acc if they are over lv99.

Edit: also, Auspex Gages are worth getting even if you can't afford Spurrina. The difference is only 4% vs 5% BP dmg and 9 vs 12 atk.

Post deleted by User.
By Crevox 2014-10-07 03:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatar's Favor still drops tiers when you use Blood Pacts, and it still has to build up over time. There is no penalty on avatar stats, and the potency is the same as before. There doesn't seem to be any increase in perp cost? In -14 perp gear, nothing changes when I turn it on and off, despite the in-game description being updated to state there is an increase.

Apogee increases Blood Pact MP cost by 50% in exchange for making the recast for the next Blood Pact zero. Recast is, as stated, 5 minutes.

Avatar base accuracy with 119 Sachet (Seraphicaller) and no other equipment is now 875.

As for unlocking Atomos, just go to Walk of Echoes in Xarcabard. You will be directed to the Walk of Echoes in Grauberg. There, you have to do a fight against a dragon and a gallu. I duo'd it with another summoner with no trouble at all.

Atomos takes the regular amount of time to cast, requires a target, costs 50 MP, and cannot be summoned with any other avatar already out. His recast is affected by the standard things. Upon appearing, after his initial animation, he will instant cast an ability called "Deconstruction" on the target, and will actually aggro mobs if they currently have no target (if you pull with him). After a short animation, he will use Chronoshift, which will give that effect to everyone nearby, and then disappear. If you are too far, you will not receive the effect he stole.
 Odin.Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-10-07 09:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting 951 accuracy on celestials with only Seraphicaller and Nirvana equiped :)
By Crevox 2014-10-07 11:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Acacia said: »
I'm getting 951 accuracy on celestials with only Seraphicaller and Nirvana equiped :)

From BG forum:

Base ACC Pre patch :
Lvl 119: 792
Lvl 121 : 849
Base ACC Post patch :
Lvl 119 : 875
Lvl 121 : 949
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 48 49 50