Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » 400 Undead as RNG
400 Undead as RNG
By Aeyela 2012-12-12 06:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the best place to kill 400 undead as a Ranger? I've looked through every bestiary out there and I'm no closer to finding a good spot. I don't want to be paying an awful lot of attention so somewhere that won't have lots of running between spots would be ideal.
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-12-12 06:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The one i found easiest was skulls in abyssea - tahrongi. They stayed EP the whole time. Just pull them far
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-12 06:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the Garms/Haunts in Bostaunieux Oubliette for an undead trial. There's 6 Garms in maybe a span of 20 yalms, and running down a short corridor will bring you to 3 (maybe 4, don't remember) more Garms and 3 Haunts. Never had to cure myself the entire time I was there with Regen gear moving between mobs. This was on Samurai, though. Not sure if it'd be any different for RNG.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-12-12 07:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
I did the Garms/Haunts in Bostaunieux Oubliette for an undead trial. There's 6 Garms in maybe a span of 20 yalms, and running down a short corridor will bring you to 3 (maybe 4, don't remember) more Garms and 3 Haunts. Never had to cure myself the entire time I was there with Regen gear moving between mobs. This was on Samurai, though. Not sure if it'd be any different for RNG.

Im most the way through the 400 undead atm. Same zone, Bostaunieux Oubliette, but doing the Haunted Hounds. They are in the hallways leading to where the Garm are located, so you can't miss them. The are basically the lower level EP there is to a 99. There are 5 of them, but more spread apart than the Garm. The hit for less, and will miss you more often. As Rng/War using dwomer bullets, I'll shoot once, melee with an m.kris to 66%, and Use Coronach. It should kill it. By the time the last Hound is dead, the first should be repopping.

It's not a hard trial, just a final, annoying grind. It is also safe and faster than the skulls in abyssea
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-12 07:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was nearly oblivious to the fact that I was even having stuff attacking me when I was doing the Garms. I guess RNG is a bit more squishy than SAM, though. Still, the Garms are more closer together which fits the request of "won't have lots of running". :p
 Bismarck.Herzins
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2012-12-12 07:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The Eldieme Necropolis in the past, drop down at G-10. There is a bunch of dogs and ghosts in that path, you just have to run around but i think it's the best place to go. I subbed /DNC and had haste dagger and Merc Kris, it helped a lot. Good luck ;)
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2012-12-12 07:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

Have to agree, Boston Omelet is where I did mine, it was safe, easy and pretty quick. Grab a Ridill or a MKris if you can, and just blow ***up!

Edit; That's where I did my Annihilator trial, so yeah, you can solo them np without danger, I had a whm mule down there for haste only~
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2012-12-14 16:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 2000 dogs in Bostaunieux Oubliette, it was lots of fun!(or was it 2500, i forget?) I've also heard the skulls in abyss-lathiene work well. Get a kclub/ridill/kris like the others suggested in this thread, it'll make things a lot smoother.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-12-14 18:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »
The Eldieme Necropolis in the past, drop down at G-10. There is a bunch of dogs and ghosts in that path, you just have to run around but i think it's the best place to go. I subbed /DNC and had haste dagger and Merc Kris, it helped a lot. Good luck ;)

No need to drop down, just do laps through the hallways always picking a fresh one. Never ran out of mobs even with a kraken. Besides ghosts are lame.
By Aeyela 2012-12-14 18:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up doing this in Bostathingy (beneath Elftown) and it wasn't too bad, but it was pretty painful. All done and 95 though so that's what counts.

Lakshmi.Kanobrown said: »
I did 2000 dogs in Bostaunieux Oubliette, it was lots of fun!(or was it 2500, i forget?) I've also heard the skulls in abyss-lathiene work well. Get a kclub/ridill/kris like the others suggested in this thread, it'll make things a lot smoother.

/comfort, people have been telling me I'm lucky to just need 400. :\
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-12-14 18:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend and I did hounds in aby attohwa. Idk how fast it'd be solo because we did team up and I took a sch mule for constant brava... With all that though, it took just a couple of hours. Maybe shout and see if anyone else needs?

The nm doggie got to be annoying sometimes, but killing slower solo should let you keep a better eye on him than we did.