FFXI Character Models Not Showing.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » FFXI character models not showing.
FFXI character models not showing.
 Leviathan.Aydel
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Aydel
By Leviathan.Aydel 2012-12-09 02:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just reinstalled FFXI on a new pc, and none of the character models are showing on my screen as you can see below. NPCs as well. I checked files on playonline viewer and nothing seems to be out of place. I should mention that when I installed it, I copied the files from one PC to another so I wouldn't have to wait 8hrs+ for it to update. I think this may be why. Any suggestion on what to do before I go ahead and uninstall everything? I don't wanna go to that extreme just yet <_<. Thanks!~

Bahamut.Xamba
Server: Bahamut
user: Xamba
By Bahamut.Xamba 2012-12-09 12:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having this problem too. Just updated over the night and my game screen looks just like yours. I updated from a fresh disk install, so I don't think it's your transferred files. I am still working on it to see if I can get it to work.
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2012-12-09 12:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

try somewhere that isn't Port Jeuno first
By Aeyela 2012-12-09 12:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's skill up enhancing magic by casting invisible day. Your moogle must have forgotten to give you the memo.
 Shiva.Darthviper
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darthviper 2012-12-09 12:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same problem. You just need to update your video driver
 Bahamut.Xamba
user: Xamba
By Bahamut.Xamba 2012-12-09 12:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a few more searches after updating everything I could think of and here is what I found. Towards the bottom of these posts it talks about telling my NVIDIA card to become the default instead of the integrated card (I'm not sure why I had to do this, probably because ffxi is so old, but whatever - it works.) Anyway, I went into the graphics settings and told NVIDIA to run with the pol.exe and everything works fine.

Here are the posts I found as reference.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=135230908057724623&h=50
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2012-12-09 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this issue on windows 8, but as windows 8 sucks balls, I downgraded to windows 7 using the same drivers and POW everything worked fine.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-12-09 14:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zizek said: »
try somewhere that isn't Port Jeuno first
This sounds like a good idea.Do this before reinstalling every thing.You may just need to update drivers or ether a few files or something inside the computer may be set up wrong.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-01-18 22:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having this same issue running on my macbook pro in bootcamp.

If I run in parallels I can play just fine (but it raises the temp up too much for my comfort) but not in an actual windows install.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have an integrated graphics card, Intel HD 4000 I think it was, and I think that's the cause of the issue.
 Bahamut.Peephole
user: Blev
By Bahamut.Peephole 2013-01-18 22:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Intel HD 4000 is the problem. They have no current compatible drivers for ffxi so you're SOL until they come up with a fix. I got a new laptop for Christmas that has the same issue.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-01-19 14:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Daaaamn :(
By Jetackuu 2013-01-19 14:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

there any 3rd party ones out?

I'm told parralels is the way to go for virtualization and getting direct3d support, too bad it's mac onry.

the fact that you can run it in a VM, and not on the native hardware, is just amazing, I wish I had that problem.

what temps does it get to?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-01-19 14:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to Device manager > Display > Properties > detect new drivers > selecte from PC Use this one INTEL (r) Graphics 4000 WDDM 1.2 This will display character models.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-01-20 09:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the idea -- there wasn't one labeled that, but if anyone else has this problem, I rolled back to the driver from 2011 (8.15 i think) and it works like a dream now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2013-01-30 11:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I just bought a new laptop with a AMD HD 7670M graphics card but it seems to have Intel HD 4000 as well and I just can't satisfy both AMD Catalyst Control Centre and FFXI.
FFXI demands using a WDDM driver but AMD want me to use their generic driver.
I have an error with the 7670 almost daily and it kills FFXI and I have to reload the WDDM driver and restart, or else I get no character models.

Can anyone recommend a fix that will result in stability?
 Carbuncle.Lunk
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Lunk 2013-02-03 03:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have this exact same issue with my new laptop. I have an Intel HD Graphics 3000. Its driving me nuts not being able to play ffxi properly. Ive downloaded and installed old drivers to check and nothing seems to work. I even had my friend at work read this forum and try to figure it out. Please help if you know what to do
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2013-02-03 10:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lunk said: »
I have this exact same issue with my new laptop. I have an Intel HD Graphics 3000. Its driving me nuts not being able to play ffxi properly. Ive downloaded and installed old drivers to check and nothing seems to work. I even had my friend at work read this forum and try to figure it out. Please help if you know what to do

Try going into control panel > display
Try changing your graphics providers' drivers to a WDDM 1.2 version.
I'm still having problems with my new system.
Some system process keeps causing the graphics card to stop working, which kills FFXI and then I have to repeat this process over and over...
 Bahamut.Peephole
user: Blev
By Bahamut.Peephole 2013-02-03 10:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

the HD 3000 has an older driver that works fine. WDDM 1.2 does work for HD 4000 and i'm glad somebody finally posted the info because now I can play on my laptop! I have to run Ashita instead of windower though because my new laptop has windows 8
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2013-02-03 10:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Peephole said: »
the HD 3000 has an older driver that works fine. WDDM 1.2 does work for HD 4000 and i'm glad somebody finally posted the info because now I can play on my laptop! I have to run Ashita instead of windower though because my new laptop has windows 8

My system constantly complains on startup that it hates the current configuration. This is AMD though. Nvidia probably have better compatibilities.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-02-03 11:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I am making my own patch for this as I am sick of this Intel slow *** programmers fixing it, I will post a link when its finished
[+]
By Xenshi 2013-02-03 11:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Still kind of weird some people are having problems running ffxi off HD 4000, hell my old laptop only had HD 3000 and ran just fine at high settings. My new laptop has the 4000 and a AMD 7970M in it and for some odd reason ffxi refuses to run on it. But it still runs just fine at max with the latest drivers installed, but I don't have Windows 8 also. The only issue I had was a simple shortcut issue running it.
 Carbuncle.Lunk
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Lunk 2013-02-03 12:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I am in Display and on windows 8 I cant see anything about my graphics. Conagh will this work with HD 3000 on windows8?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [317 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Zidian
user: Zidian
By Shiva.Zidian 2013-12-17 12:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the same problem on a new computer i just got. It originally came with windows 8, I than upgraded to windows 7 but I guess that doesn't change anything regarding the graphics card output interpretation. Its an integrated intel card, and from reading this thread im almost sure that has something to do with my problem.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-12-17 13:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zidian said: »
I have the same problem on a new computer i just got. It originally came with windows 8, I than upgraded to windows 7 but I guess that doesn't change anything regarding the graphics card output interpretation. Its an integrated intel card, and from reading this thread im almost sure that has something to do with my problem.
What series is yours? If it's a later one(HD3000+), you just need the right drivers. If it's an earlier one, I hope you enjoy playing without being able to see anything ^^;
 Shiva.Zidian
By Shiva.Zidian 2013-12-17 13:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply ^^
All it says is intell HD graphics display. Is there a way to check version?
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-12-17 13:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this may help - but I was having same issues in April and here's what I found:

Click here
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-12-17 13:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zidian said: »
Thanks for the reply ^^
All it says is intell HD graphics display. Is there a way to check version?

Device manager will tell you.

Right click on "computer" hit properties. On the left hand side bar, you'll see "device manager" click it and it'll pop up that menu.

Look for display adapters click the white arrow on the left to show it.
 Shiva.Zidian
By Shiva.Zidian 2013-12-17 13:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the delay. I'm actually at work haha. I was under device manager, wierdly, all it says is intel HD graphics card. not a version :/