Zeni Notorious Monsters - Worth What Today?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Zeni Notorious Monsters - Worth what today?
Zeni Notorious Monsters - Worth what today?
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2012-12-08 20:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This was the last I event I was doing before leaving the game some 5-6 years ago. I loved it. Granted I'm not sure how dissimilar it is to Voidwatch or Abyssea NM's.

Anyhow, curious.... What level of worth is there to go back and do these? I'm guessing the chief thing for this would be getting Mythic Weapons, but can't say how they compare to Empy.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-08 20:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few mythics that are far above and beyond other choices for those jobs. Some empies are great at 99, some are terribad.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2012-12-08 20:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
There are a few mythics that are far above and beyond other choices for those jobs. Some empies are great at 99, some are terribad.

I'm looking at Corsair and Dark Knight, primarily. I've heard a variety of responses on that.. though most often Empy, except for Scythe, which seems outdone by Great Sword.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-08 20:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »

I'm looking at Corsair and Dark Knight, primarily. I've heard a variety of responses on that.. though most often Empy.

I'm not really sure how anybody could say the empy weapon for drk is worth a damn (either of them). Both empies for drk pale in comparison to other options. Arma is great for cor though, though it's mythic isn't too shabby either. One of the better ones I'd say.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-08 20:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with Corsair's Mythic is mostly that Leaden Salute isn't that good. I'll be damned if Death Penalty doesn't look like 5000x sweeter though.

Liberator's one of the better Mythics. If you have a good absorb set it can absorb like 60 of a stat which is pretty crazy, and like other Mythics it's nice for zergs. Dunno if it's worth all the trouble given that Ragnarok will still beat a decent chunk of the time, though.

ZNMs don't really offer much anymore in terms of drops. Legion Scutum, Muse Tariqah, Alkalurops and a couple Hachiryu pieces still have some niche use but it's generally only done for Mythics now. Well, if you're crazy you can make an LS to farm PW for Scoria since that's worth like 15M+ apiece, lol.

Abyssea NMs are pretty similar ZNMs, they're a more straightfoward kill normal monster for a pop item -> pop NM -> get pop from NM for even higher pops, skipping the annoying camera-taking stage. Speaking of that, if you insist on screwing with ZNMs a bit, take pictures of the tiny Fafnirs in Abyssea-Tahrongi. They give like 1200 zeni apiece.

VWNM uses no pop items at all (well, voidstones), and is just a simple NM heirarchy system that you get a timer for.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-08 20:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not only Leaden Salute being poor really, Death Penalty is also unfavorable for L:ast Stand due to significantly lower D (confusing for a weapon which is supposed to enhance Quick Draw) and -20 AGI. They should really increase Death Penalty's D :|
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-08 21:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I must not have realized how low the D was on DP >_<. Well there ya go, not even DP is that great.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-08 21:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly the best thing to do ZNMs for would be money if you're not serious about a mythic or would only make one for COR or DRK. Can sell pandy keys for a couple mil each, some of the drops off of end tier mobs are still worth a couple mil too, however the efficiency of it will hinge entirely on your luck at getting drops (outside of the key which is now 100% for every set of 3 end tier mobs). Could probably find a better way to make money after your daily dynamis run, but hell if you like doing ZNMs there isn't much reason not to lowman them all for some extra pocket change.

Not to say you shouldn't make a Death Penalty or Liberator if you really want one, just don't expect them to knock anything out of the park.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-08 21:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm, never looked into it, but do LSs actually buy keys, and for how much? I think you can solo pretty much all of them on BLU (Except Pandy obviously), but honestly the biggest pain in the *** is just all the walking around you have to do. Stuff like Experimental Lamia is put really far out of the way and efficiency goes up a lot more when you're doing it with an LS and can pop several in a row.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-12-08 21:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They are all soloable by BLU except for PW. I have all the videos on my youtube channel, its easy now. I don't think anyone does buy those though as people generally farm their own sets to get 3/3 for mythics since they are rarely made. I'm sure some random JP will buy the scoria though to attempt a glowing mythic.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [530 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-05-22 14:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nauls the highest zeni per plate still?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura