Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Arch diaboloses halp
Arch diaboloses halp
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-01 03:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all, question to any group that has done this. Is there any way to deal with Nox/umbra lowman? We very recently have started trying to get portus collars and using this set up:

2 99 ragnarok wars, sch/blm stunning spells, autoattack thf, brd, cor, whm, smn(PD).

We have managed to kill somnus and Lectum, but just get trounced by the other 2 who terror lock us for 80% of the fight. Does anyone have workable lowman strats for these, or are they just always going to be losses. We are planning to try chainspell stun next run unless someone has a better suggestion.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-01 03:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I'd join you if I had access! >_<
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-01 04:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
We are planning to try chainspell stun next run unless someone has a better suggestion.

Wait for new WHM 2hr?
By Gimp 2012-12-01 04:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is diabolos hard to stun in question? You could add another two summoners for a shock squall rotation if possible 3 is nice but can use 2 a bare mininum with the sch covering the lapse before the next.

Not sure how many of your toons are real since you want attentive smns and getting the impression you're dual/triboxing other characters.

Hope that's some sort of help
 Valefor.Xeonz
Server: Valefor
user: Xeonz
By Valefor.Xeonz 2012-12-01 04:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM/BLM stun will get resist , in DRK with capped Dark magic skill , I did 2-3 stuns and all were resisted , Dark seal Stun did work tho
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-12-01 04:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We did 2 WARs, COR, SCH, THF, 2 WHM, BRD. so basically your setup with the SMN -> WHM.

Nox is pure luck, and just so you know he will chainspell death at ~3% HP, killing everyone in the alliance. If you manage to get him this far, which is pure luck because he can cast death at any time during the fight, hold your tp until he's at 5% and then kill him.

Umbra is pretty simple. Terror sucks but it shouldn't be killing you. Have the WHMs sacrifice the WARs asap (will remove all the -stats). Have the BRD spam finale the entire fight basically. Assuming your COR is decently geared, they can do quite a bit of the damage without worrying about getting terror'd. My last stands were doing around 1700 with full buffs. Wildfire sucks on him, even with fire shot boost.

The REAL problem with umbra is Nether Blast after he uses Nightmare. Nether Blast does around 1k damage even with a decent MDT set. Once he can spawn 2 clones, he will kill anyone who doesn't have over 2k HP. However, the damage from the move is strangely ranged based. If you run away from him while the clones are being summoned, they will only do around 300 damage to you, instead of the full 1000. Another strategy is to have the COR use last stand on diabolos as soon as the move is used. The clones will pop and will target the COR instead, who should be able to survive.

Last but not least, I'm assuming you want to do more than one pop per run. We had our SCH (my mule) stay locked on the SJ restriction ??? (near the entrance when you first warp in; I forget what it's called). He can cast embrava for the entire 2-hours. We usually popped 4-6 per run. PD really doesn't do much for these guys. And stun is essentially worthless. All of his spells can be interrupted by standard melee attacks/ws.

Edit: Magus's roll is helpful.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-01 04:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, great info! I've been researching these NMs myself and these posts are the most informative I've seen yet. thanks!
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-01 04:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We atm are each playing 4 chars. Reading your strat we may try:

war+mnk+thf+2whm+brd+cor+sch, and each play a DD and a whm.

Thanks for the input^^
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-12-01 04:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
wow, great info! I've been researching these NMs myself and these posts are the most informative I've seen yet. thanks!

Yeah I wish I knew all this when we first started. We got slaughtered the first few attempts, and then killed them all quite effortlessly except for the lovely Nox.

Additional info if people are interested:

Letum: Zerg him. He's actually very easy if everyone remember to unequip their weapons before charm. Keep DOT on him just to be safe. He charms more people at lower HP, possibly the entire alliance if he's almost dead. You just need to kill him as fast as possible. He does NOT terror so you can go crazy, which I highly suggest so he never gets any of his spells off (his drain is AoE and very damaging). Note that with embrava on, nightmare/charm actually allows you to recover quite nicely as the regen overwrites the bio. Thus, when you uncharm, you'll be at full HP ready to re-engage.

Somnus: Probably the easiest. He spams AoE moves which are very damaging, however if your WHMs are paying attention you should have no problems surviving. Does not cast spells. Does not terror. I recommend only 1 melee on him. Have the COR put tact roll on the other DD. They can run in and weapon skill between TP moves. Magus's roll is helpful for this guy. Be happy if you see him.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-03 04:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help, we invited 2 friends and DD+healer instead of trying to MS zerg+PD worked wonders. Got Portus collar for the person that needed it, and 2 for people that didn't.^^
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-03 07:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my collar with a standard PD zerg 8boxing 4 MNK, THF COR BRD SMN. That isn't reliable, as has been pointed out.

When my LS does it, we use 1 mage per DD and focus on them. Nothing one shots, though Nether Blast spam from Umbra is close. It's not quite true that he'll one shot people with clones, you can cure between them if your mages are alert and cureskin is helpful, may still see deaths. Seems to have extremely high defense/evasion, once songs start getting dispelled speed goes to ***.

Think the most we've killed in a run is 12, though we had pops farmed beforehand.

(I realize Sawtelle already got collar for his friends, congratulations! Just saw thread and figured I'd add my little bit for anyone who searches it later.)
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-03 10:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

One other thing that Hel forgot to mention is we always tried to have it addled/nocturned. Like he said, we mainly relied on melee attacks/ws to interrupt spells, so having it addled really helps with that.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-12-03 10:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Helel has it about right. What you need to hope for, is anything but Nox to pop. Somnus being about the best. All of the Diablos's are immune to stun. Best to bring a bard instead of a rdm. A brd will abreviate the fight considerably with magic finale spammed.
We do Diablos routinely, and in fact sell Portus Collars. Typically, we just run out and reset if Nox pops. He's not unbeatable, but a waste of time trying.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-12-03 16:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You cannot cure between the clones. You CAN cure between Umbra and the clones, but not between the clones. After nightmare is used he summons two clones. You can cure between the first nether blast, and the proceeding two nether blasts, but you can't cure between the two clones' nether blasts. Like I pointed out, he will one-shot, or two-shot depending on how you want to look at it, anyone with less than 1.8-2k HP. I'm sure MNK can survive without any issues but our WARs routinely died to it even with cures between Umbra and clones; and I'm sure they have good mdt/mdb sets.

Basically either use MNK tanks or make sure your DDs run from him the moment you see the move used. Any range between the clones and the target seems to reduce the damage by about 66%, making it much more bearable.

And I agree about running from Nox. I was about at that point myself. Fortunately we didn't get him too often. We did kill him once but it was pretty lucky. Gotta love him opening the fight with AoE Kaustra.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-03 17:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
	Line 17983: [22:06:36]Diabolos's Vestige readies Nether Blast.
	Line 18064: [22:07:00]Diabolos's Vestige readies Somnolence.
	Line 18214: [22:07:47]Diabolos's Vestige readies Somnolence.
	Line 18222: [22:07:49]Diabolos's Vestige readies Somnolence.
	Line 18294: [22:08:15]Diabolos's Vestige readies Camisado.
	Line 18302: [22:08:17]Diabolos's Vestige readies Camisado.
	Line 18333: [22:08:37]Diabolos's Vestige readies Camisado.
	Line 18392: [22:09:23]Diabolos's Vestige readies Somnolence.
	Line 18394: [22:09:25]Diabolos's Vestige readies Somnolence.

Logger disagrees.

Never noticed a problem with Nox either, though if you don't have a derpaderp BRD I guess losing embrava sucks.
 Leviathan.Komachii
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2012-12-05 02:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Great info guys, you think scherzo helps? or is not worth even with 4songs
 Leviathan.Komachii
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2012-12-10 04:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

poped 3 yesterday (wiped on nox, killed Somnus/Letum), if anyone wondered squall is no joy on arch, works on the NQ though.
You need 4 DDs, we did with 3+thf+cor but was close call. (embrava+songs+rolls)

Healing indeed seems managable by whm(s) if one decides to go non-PD route.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [108 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Bleu
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bleu
By Lakshmi.Bleu 2013-03-27 18:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious, has anyone improved on these strategies in the last few months? Specifically, has anyone gotten this down to like a 4-man kill?
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-03-27 18:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

One time when waiting to pop we were watching a 4man JP group fighting it. They were Pld + Rng + Brd + Mage (not sure on job, prob whm). They killed at least one and wiped to another.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-03-27 18:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure you could duo somnus, perhaps umbra as well, with aegis PLD + healer. Nox, most likely not unless you have a good death resist set. Letum, possibly, but he would obviously charm everyone multiple times at lower hp, and you might not even get a chance to attack him.