December 12, 2012 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-11-30 11:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wait. all the new Job Abilities are listed under "new special job abilities", and are coming this next update. but they also have some new merit-based 2Hr JAs coming too, seemingly separate from the lowering existing timer and new JAs, due to it having a separate link in the "under development" section
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-30 11:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
wait wait. all the new Job Abilities are listed under "new special job abilities", and are coming this next update. but they also have some new merit-based 2Hr JAs coming too, seemingly separate from the lowering existing timer and new JAs, due to it having a separate link in the "under development" section
I put an asterisk by the new special job abilities, they aren't coming this update.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-11-30 11:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I put an asterisk by the new special job abilities, they aren't coming this update.

i know. my point is, i assumed the new SP abilites were the merit-based 2hrs they had been talking about. however, they have a different link listed, so am i incorrect in thinking they are also developing new 2hr as well as the new 1hr JAs?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-30 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The merits will be used to enhance the existing special abilities. Not sure if it's meant as simple recast reduction or strenghtening the effects as well.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2012-11-30 12:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
About difficulty, is this neo-salvage a 6 men event?
I'm sure it will be set for 6+ normal players, 4-5 experienced & geared players, 3 for the hackers :P

joking .-. kinda

Unless the difficulty was adjusted from the test server for the implementation (made harder); I had no issues soloing the floors and Hydra on PUP.

I really hate these 3 man restrictions on content that is soloable. :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-30 13:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i know. my point is, i assumed the new SP abilites were the merit-based 2hrs they had been talking about. however, they have a different link listed, so am i incorrect in thinking they are also developing new 2hr as well as the new 1hr JAs?

No, they're the same thing. Look at the date that In Development post was made- it was over a year ago. It was in the dev's mind at that stage and assumedly the decision to make them lower recast than 2 hours came later, they just never went back to change the label on that development post.
By Creecreelo 2012-11-30 13:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Did they ever _confirm_ that you'll need old salvage gear to get the new stuff?
I know they said it would be similar to Limbus at one point, but we never heard anything about it since did we?
(I should really get to work -_-)
They wouldn't do that to their new playerbase, so I'm sure the answer is no.

Well, they did that in Neo-Limbus and sorta Neo-Dynamis lol

I thought I remember readinig that they wanted to add an alternate set of Salvage armor for jobs like Dnc and Sch (Somewhat like how there was Enif/Murzim and Adhara/Shedir for Limbus). Those alternate sets don't require the base lvl 75 piece, so I feel they might do something similar for Neo-Salvage. I mean they'll want to appease people that want to upgrade old Salvage gear, yet allow for a alternate set that doesn't require old Salvage gear, and they'll want Neo-Salvage to be as much of a time sink as possible.

However, doing this would mean like 50 new pieces of armor coming Neo-Salvage, as opposed to 25... So who knows until it comes, I guess. x.x
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-30 14:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also perfectly possible it'll have randomly-dropped accessories and whatnot like Neo Limbus had. We just need to hope the entry isn't stupid like Neo Limbus and will require 500 alexandrite per entry or something similarly moronic.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-30 14:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to see the stats on new gear.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-11-30 14:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to see the stats on new gear.

I'm very determined on what the Neo-Usukane Feet will have.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-11-30 15:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The update will be on December 21st. The Embrava nerf is probably what the Mayan's were predicting.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-30 15:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
The update will be on December 21st. The Embrava nerf is probably what the Mayan's were predicting.

That would be kind of amusing :P
 Lakshmi.Ryukin
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryu182
By Lakshmi.Ryukin 2012-11-30 16:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Least we have a better timeline of when this is happening, FINAL

"FANTASY XI @FFXI_EN
In the mid-December version update, various updates including the battlefield expansion of Salvage are in plan so stay tuned! #FFXI"

Final Fantasy 11 english twitter account for all you late NNI'ers who would like to buy/get the last runs in before update.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-30 16:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If the gear sets in Salvage are better than NNI and the event is fun and winnable I might consider coming back, maybe. They can't be sidegrades though, tired of that crap.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-30 16:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun, winnable, and better than NNI is a lot to ask. I would hope for 2 and expect 1.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-11-30 19:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If I'm understanding this correctly, PD and Embrava nerf will be going live but Nyzul Isle adjustment and new JAs will not. Seems like a poor decision to me.

NNI "adjustment" is under "[dev1139] Job Ability Adjustments: Perfect Defense / Tabula Rasa"
 Leviathan.Vaudianx
user: xVaudianx
By Leviathan.Vaudianx 2012-11-30 21:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

Thanks, jsut spit my Corona all over my laptop...
 Odin.Drgg
Server: Odin
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-11-30 21:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Come back for Salvage? .-. Idk.
I'll come back to try it, if it's still lame then I'll wait for Play-as-a-Monster.
Screw Play-as-monster, I want Play-as-Kalilla.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-11-30 22:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh... and I thought nerfing the effects of Embrava and Perfect defense was the result of the new 2 HR abilities, and yet the new abilities aren't in this update... way for SE to really screw us over half-assing it...
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2012-11-30 23:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

/sigh... and I thought nerfing the effects of Embrava and Perfect defense was the result of the new 2 HR abilities, and yet the new abilities aren't in this update... way for SE to really screw us over half-assing it...

No, that'd be the result of everyone abusing the hell out of them.
By Quil 2012-12-01 00:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

they alrdy said that the new salvage is going to b like the new limbus 1 set of gear to go with the old stuff and 1 set of just new stuff along time ago ill look for the link i read it on
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-12-01 02:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm optimistic that Alex prices will drop. Probably not as low as 2-4k like it used to be, but at least down to the 6-9k range. At any rate, the Alex cost will be directly related to two factors:

1) How good the salvage gear is.
2) The drop rate of said salvage gear and general difficulty of obtaining the drop.

If the salvage gear is stupidly amazing (and trumps the current NNI gear), you best believe Alex prices will plummet. Neo Salvage being a main motivator of current gear will have tons of people doing the event in droves in order to obtain said gear. On top of the old Salvage attendance will also skyrocket as well, it being the base for gear upgrades-- that also tosses more alexandrite into the pool. If the drop rate is bad, even a better situation for alex prices to plummet further.

I'm guessing Neo Salvage will be easier to complete fully in correlation to NNI, but the drop rate will be bad (but not as bad as Old Salvage before drop increase). Also guessing that the main bosses will also drop linen pouches at a 100% drop rate. If you think about all this in such a manner, there's no way Alex can't drop in price massively, regardless of how bleak it looks right now.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-01 03:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, it doesn't inspire much confidence in me when dynamis renewal made ancient currency generation multiply by a factor of like 5x and since then the price has budged by like 10%.

There is no way in hell the bosses will drop linen coinpurses 100% unless they are very, very difficult to reach like Dvali Jonah is. Speaking of which, Alex income increase will be balanced a bit by things that are going to lower it:

1. Less people doing normal salvage because they're doing new salvage instead
2. Nobody will ever reach F100 Neo Nyzul again short of a miracle, which is where a lot of the Alex currently comes from
3. Some tags normally saved for neo nyzul will be used for assaults to buy remnants permits

With the above points in mind, I don't see neo nyzul affecting the current situation much unless it drops like 400+ alexandrite per run.
By Latifah 2012-12-01 03:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

would be nice if they buff brd a lot to make them a DPS/support job
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-01 03:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »

This isn't 14, sorry.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-12-01 04:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
There is no way in hell the bosses will drop linen coinpurses 100% unless they are very, very difficult to reach like Dvali Jonah is.

Maybe, but the alex dropped from nni has always been considered as 'just a plus' imo. Salvage has always been the main output of alexandrite, so I could see them making the final boss drop it 100% even if its not as hard to reach as Dvali Jonah.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-01 04:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of the reason alex used to be so cheap was because like 17/20 of the mythics were utter ***at level 75. Being that that isn't the case anymore (not to mention people don't have anything to do other than to work on relics to help them make more relics to help them make more relics) people are willing to pay 20k for them and that probably won't change.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-12-01 04:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »

Already have this job in 11, it's called Corsair.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-01 05:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2. Nobody will ever reach F100 Neo Nyzul again short of a miracle, which is where a lot of the Alex currently comes from
LOL

Yeah they're making Nyzul much easier but of course it's gonna be impossible because you don't have the same regain and regen... (/sarcasm)

Some people just can't see a life worth living without 12.5 min embrava lol.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-01 05:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you believe in life after Embrava?

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25