Tier IV On Pudds?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Tier IV on Pudds?
Tier IV on Pudds?
 Kujata.Jennypoo
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: xial
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-08 12:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/75891-am-ii-question.html

lead me to believe otherwise.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-06-08 13:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Jennypoo said:
http://<a class="linkification-ext" href="http://www.bluegartrls.com" title="Linkification: http://www.bluegartrls.com">www.bluegartrls.com</a>/forum/75891-am-ii-question.html

lead me to believe otherwise.

Do your own test seriously, this a stupid statement. If you believe any random crap posted on BG, you better stop playing FF XI. Do comparison on JoL with Freeze II, you'll see how your invisible +25MaCC have no effect unless you MB.

I don't think you realize how +25MaCC at anytime would be huge, even if base hit rate of AM II is a bit lower. That's would be roughly +22 Eleskill.

(and please don't link me to any studies with 200 casts tests, either it's 2x1000+ trials, either results worth nothing).

As for the spell description "magic burst damage by 3, and magic accuracy by 5." it's as vague as the obi description. Lot of people say obi wouldn't increase MaCC of a spell when used with the right day/weather, while we all know that weather/day have an influence on MaCC. Like would casting sleep with darkobi on darksday would help you to get better result ?. If we follow the ingame description of the Obi it should, however some people claims it doesn't.

So description doesn't mean anything either.

Anyway talking about pudding, I suppose all BLM reach 95% hit rate cap on these, having AM II merited or not is irrelevant on this camp.
[+]
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-06-08 13:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

cute ^^!

no need to be so hostile towards them, its adorable!
 Asura.Kuji
Server: Asura
user: Kuji88
By Asura.Kuji 2009-06-08 14:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So I merited for 5 hours at mt z last night at 10k/hr the whole time /cry. I was waiting (hoping) eveeryone would leave so e and a bud could duo or i could solo but i cleaned up on seals anyway ^^. Since its my fourth day back in almost two years- is this the end of the line for my meriting? I have a 66 RDM maybe i should finish it and go TPing? I feel like the time itd take to do RDM I could be meriting BLM- All I wana do it finish BLM ><. Ive never solod for long periods of time at mt z, is it better exp than a full pt or just more fun
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-08 14:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to relate this question to wondering whether it's better to use Tier 3 or Tier 4 on Statues in Dynamis...

It depends on how many BLMs you have and how good the teamwork is. If you have everyone casting on the same mobs, you want to have it so that the damage come out as close to killing the mobs as possible without overkill. Overkilling for BLMs is wasted MP.

As far as efficiency, Tier 3 and Tier 4 are similar for MP/DMG.

If it takes 5-6 Tier 3 to kill a Pudding, and you have it worked out so that you can do exactly that, go for it. It's a shame when you see a mob knocked down to 300 HP remaining and someone casts AM2 or Tier 4 for the kill.
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2009-06-08 16:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:

As for the spell description "magic burst damage by 3, and magic accuracy by 5." it's as vague as the obi description. Lot of people say obi wouldn't increase MaCC of a spell when used with the right day/weather, while we all know that weather/day have an influence on MaCC. Like would casting sleep with darkobi on darksday would help you to get better result ?. If we follow the ingame description of the Obi it should, however some people claims it doesn't.

So description doesn't mean anything either.

Anyway talking about pudding, I suppose all BLM reach 95% hit rate cap on these, having AM II merited or not is irrelevant on this camp.

Wiki Elemental Obis

Accuracy is effected by obis, as long as whatever spell you cast has a matching elemental affiliation.

The additional merits to AM II seem to have a general census from every BLM I know, myself included that they do enhance accuracy full time. I have on par results with anything not 85NM~. Saying you resist more AM II than TIV on JOL isn't valid since a 340 Enfeebling Magic RDM has the same resists on Para/Slow/Blind II vs Para/Slow/Blind I.

Merited spells will always resist more on big NMs. The T2 merits were built after the model for HNM resist rates were. These have been tweaked during updates, but it has always been SEs prerogative to keep learned spells in an accuracy tier above merited ones on such high level mobs. They believe it to be broken to land Para II(for example) on these mobs.
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-06-08 17:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

its all in ur head.. or possibly the bud ur smoking
 Asura.Kuji
Server: Asura
user: Kuji88
By Asura.Kuji 2009-06-08 20:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So- whats the best road i should go down. Keep meriting on BLM or take rdm from 66 to 75 then merit... >< i only lvld rdm so i could solo cool things =). and is long time solo BLM (in your experiences) at mt z better than pt exp wise? Im gona of course go try it myself right now but just seeing how you feel
[+]
 Pandemonium.Andross
Server: Pandemonium
user: Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-06-08 21:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Merits on BLM don't matter. At most you should be getting 8/8 elemental skill and 1 Freeze II. Then, it's all up to you imo. 8/8 enfeebling should obviously be next, since it helps your rdm too, and then maybe BLM group 1 merits. People will still go "omg a BLM!" no matter what you do, though.

Also, I can't stand puddings.