New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Umbral Marrow Offer
Umbral Marrow Offer
First Page 2 3
By Squabble 2012-11-14 00:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you a small group of friends looking to get Umbral Marrows?

Is it difficult to put together a good group of people to kill ADL?

Well, fear no more!

If you provide us with ADL pop sets (Tome 26 27 28 29 30), we can get you marrows!

Our terms are as follows:
  • You provide us an equal number of SMN's (with Alexander) as you provide ADL sets (minimum 2)

• You may not lot 100 currencies

• You may not lot Sagasinger

In exchange, you get half of the Umbral Marrows that drop! (Odd # marrow will be sold and split 50-50)

Contact us if you're interested!
[+]
By LakshmiArtemas 2012-11-14 07:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any compensation if there is a loss?
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-11-14 08:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, this is probably the best shot the overwhelming majority people have at getting some marrows. If I were someone considering this offer, I'd probably use one of my farming days to watch them kill ADLs to make sure they have a decent win rate to be safe though. There are a lot of people who "do" ADL, and by "do" I mean that they wipe to 50-75% of their pops.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-14 08:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if they have a 100% win rate this would net me about 8mil per Dynamis run.

1 One run to farm 3 popsets
2 One run to convert the NMs up
3 One run to watch them kill it

3.3 marrows, 15mil per marrow, 3 nights, so lets say 8mil per night. That's about a factor of four better than I'd realistically see farming currency, with the obvious problem being that I'm still too lazy to do it.
[+]
By pchan 2012-11-14 09:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They should be at least at 87% win rate like us since we only use 6. Overall I doubt it's a deal for them though because gathering 6 pops set is ~ 3H of dynamis for a 6-man group so about 1H30 to farm 3 pops and get roughly 3 marrows.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2012-11-14 12:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

They have at the very least a 90% win rate.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-14 12:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not allowed to lot 100s, not allowed to lot sagasinger, only allowed to lot half the marrows thats rather shitty and yet the player has to provide all the smns and all the pop sets.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-14 12:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but I think the idea is that me and a few guys can pretty easily farm pop sets.

Me and a few guys cannot fight ADL. Well, we could fight, we wouldn't win, though.

So my options are:
- save my gil and outright buy all of the marrows (Byrth pointed out that this deal is more efficient than farming/selling currency for him, and I think many people.)
- farm some popsets and get 1/2 the marrows with this deal (but still don't have to fight ADL)
- farm some popsets and try to sell them, and then buy the marrows using that gil (Would have to sell the popset for what, 7.5mil each, and that still requires farming the popsets.)
- join an ADL group, if a spot is available (which would entail working into w/e cycle they have, as well as pretty much dedicating all dyna time to them.)

I can't really think of another way. If Someone could sell the popsets for more than 7.5mil, (half the average-ish price of the one guaranteed drop) then that might be better for them depending on how often 2 marrows drop. It would also be safer, since it's not based on whether or not they win. But I don't even know if there's anyone interested in buying the pop sets at all.

So for someone with a SMN and the ability to farm pop sets, but not kill ADL, this seems like the best option to me to get marrows done.

Idk, though - that's just how I see it. Maybe completely objectively this isn't the most balanced deal considering the 100s or whatever - but someone like me isn't interested in 100s, I've got those - I'm interested in marrows.
[+]
 Siren.Shaokahn
Server: Siren
user: Shaokahn
By Siren.Shaokahn 2012-11-14 13:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Squabble said: »
Are you a small group of friends looking to get Umbral Marrows?

Is it difficult to put together a good group of people to kill ADL?

Well, fear no more!

If you provide us with ADL pop sets (Tome 26 27 28 29 30), we can get you marrows!

Our terms are as follows:
  • You provide us an equal number of SMN's (with Alexander) as you provide ADL sets (minimum 2)

• You may not lot 100 currencies

• You may not lot Sagasinger

In exchange, you get half of the Umbral Marrows that drop! (Odd # marrow will be sold and split 50-50)

Contact us if you're interested!

That is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE deal there guy. Farming the pop sets which isnt fun & getting SMNS with alex plus spliting marrows when your group would be getting the other ***you want 100% IF they drop. Good deal is you lot your other ***you wanted & the marrows would be for the person who farmed the pops. Because they are providing you 2 things the pop + the smns while you kill which is 1 thing you are providing them. And if that's not a good deal just stop being lazy and farm your own pops + the Alex smns. And it might be the only way to get marrows if I cant kill but I rather farm and save until there's a time to kill it if i find an adl group.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-11-14 13:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Better deal than the other thread at least
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-11-14 13:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Not allowed to lot 100s, not allowed to lot sagasinger, only allowed to lot half the marrows thats rather shitty and yet the player has to provide all the smns and all the pop sets.

Sagasinger is purely a trophy/e-peen item.

The low value of 100's relative to marrows, coupled with their low drop rate make any reasonable objections about 100's a moot point. The drop rate of 100's from ADL is honestly 10-15%, at best. So, over the course of 10 ADL kills, throughout which I think its reasonable to also expect one double marrow drop, at a value of 17M per marrow, and 700K per hundred -- we could expect to see 187M from 11 marrows, and 700,000 from the hundred. So, assuming these estimates are reasonable, the hundred pieces will contribute to about 0.37% of the total gil farmed. If you don't like my estimates, triple the amount of 100-pieces that are theoretically dropping, and it'll still be peanuts.

The real work behind successfully killing ADL is having a proper group of support (including a 3-4 song bard), competent TH, and attentive, well-geared DD. This, on top of it being exceedingly advantageous that every member of the core group also have a second account to bring additional cors/smns without adding additional mouths to feed in terms of marrow distribution.

To be blunt -- any random schmuck can easily farm odious items and tomes. The real finesse and "difficulty" stem from having a single DD party (so you aren't burning more than 1 PD per kill) that can down ADL with a high (90-100%) success rate, and your core group consisting of people who are all capable of being at every single scheduled run. Am I saying these things are all incredibly hard to accomplish? No, but a lot of people sure seem to do a good job of still failing to do ADL efficiently.

So, like I said -- I think this is an extremely fair deal for the people farming pops for this group to kill (assuming they have a very high success rate).
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-14 14:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A deal like this being good or not depends on a person to person basis.

Those who would benefit will take up the offer, those who would not will not.

/endthread
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-14 14:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt say it was hard but out of those 11 pop sets you would complete 1 relic and some gil. Now if you say had 3 friends you would have to make 30 pop sets to get 15 marrows for 3 relics instead of having 30 marrows for 6 relics. They should provide the smns as well since really more time will be spent farming the pop sets than actually killing ADL. No one would really know their win % till they actually saw them fighting. I found a good group on paper but had under 50% success rate and a poor attendance rate for half of them.
By Squabble 2012-11-14 18:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a very good win rate, as for our setup, we use a 4 song bard, a COR and SCH, 5 DD with Lv99 Ukonvasara/Ragnarok, and bring several SMN for PD/Squall as well as other support of course. Time also isn't an issue at all. We average 3.4 marrows/run and have gotten 194 marrows thus far since September.
By Squabble 2012-11-14 22:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

LakshmiArtemas said: »
Is there any compensation if there is a loss?

Nope, you assume the risk. If you want my group to assume the risk, contact me in-game and I will work out another deal with you.
By Squabble 2012-11-14 23:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you for some reason cannot convert odious items into tomes, or defeat NQ Dynamis Lord; contact me and I can work something out with you as well!

Just to help keep the thread on track, my target market is people who cannot do ADL on their own, but who can farm up pop sets, as well as being able to provide SMN with Alexander. It provides a benefit to both parties involved in the transaction. Clearly this benefit is watered down if you need a ton of people to make pop sets, but for a group of 3~6 people, this will work out just fine for them (assuming they can stay on track and farm up several pop sets).
By Squabble 2012-11-16 03:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping with some more information.

Our run times are everyday except Tuesday, 9:30PM Pacific.
By Squabble 2012-11-18 01:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2012-11-18 05:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few questions about ADL. I thought I would ask here vs make a new post.

Does anyone have any idea his HP?

Smn is about to be nerfed for perfect defense. But the times I have helped with him as a sch and embrava,

I do 3800-4200 Kaustra. 4k Kaustra = 1k DoT every three seconds. This is done when he splits. Even if everyone wipes, the DoT still stays on him for some time. In addition I have no cor, brd or blu buffs.

But what I really wonder is if two Sch's could Kaustra kill it? I imagine with buffs I could break 5k. As no one is meleeing it he doesn't get much TP. And even if terrorized or dead DoT still goes.

Anyone know his HP, or think the strategy would work out? I am only one sch, I would need a second to test it.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-18 16:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you still on Ragnarok.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2012-11-19 03:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Why are you still on Ragnarok.

The party doesn't end.

Arch omega/ultima once a week. Arch odin once a week, ADL 2x a week, Arch diablos once a week. And no losses. Seems I found a competent LS for the time being.

And the hordes of people who love having the president on their server. Poor tarus have never taken first place in the four months I been on the server for conquest! We steal the Mithras away.
 Asura.Escorian
Server: Asura
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-19 03:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

aren't you the other guy who made an exact thread like this before? Why make another thread? Also still a raw deal since you again need to provide the summoners and the pop set. and you are saying if something goes wrong and they fail than the person providing eats the loss. HORRIBLE deal.
By Gimp 2012-11-19 04:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

feel free to discredit but if i remember right his hp is somewhere around 200k, just remembering a friend reading out the damage dealt over 6 pops and dividing it for average amount per pop.

I'll ask again later.
First Page 2 3