Team Up For Perpetuation Staff Trials?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Team up for Perpetuation Staff trials?
Team up for Perpetuation Staff trials?
 Shiva.Kolossuss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-11-08 23:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just figured I'd throw this out there to any other SMNs on Shiva. I'm currently on Trial 813: 200 Sheep kills with Garuda. I have 70 left on that trial, and will be finishing that tonight. If you're on the next trial, and would like to team up, shoot me a /tell in game.

Also, I will be working on the Ramuh perpetuation staff next, and plan on hitting the other elemental perpetuation staves after(for the sake of completion).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-12-20 00:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

who does these? You can negate perpetuation cost without even having a staff equipped.
 Shiva.Devrom
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2012-12-20 08:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

to get more use of your refresh sources <.<
[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-12-20 20:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe you didn't read my post. You can cancel perpetuation cost without having a staff equipped (and still gain refresh). Perp staves are a waste. Using almost any other kind of weapon, even a purely melee weapon (spirit taker, or myrkr on empyrean, or GoT on relic), would be more useful. Something that improves BP effectiveness like Soulscourge, etc.

Any decent summoner should never run out of MP as it is so easy to come by. If you really need to, just use avatar's favor. The impact on BPs is negligible, especially on physical pacts, and if you're in a party somebody will appreciate the favor effect.

I don't mean to sound condecending here, apologies if it comes off that way. Just saying- summoners haven't had any dire need for this in a while (as long as you have your empyrean +1/+2 or other stuff done)
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-12-20 21:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why even bother necroing this? Also I believe this quote applies funny enough.
Quote:
just because an item may be perceived to have a highly specialized use doesn't mean it needs to be changed or is a terrible item.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-20 22:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
I don't mean to sound condecending here, apologies if it comes off that way. Just saying- summoners haven't had any dire need for this in a while (as long as you have your empyrean +1/+2 or other stuff done)

You don't sound condescending. However, you do sound like you have no idea about the gear options for smn in slots that replace Refresh/Perp-
[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-12-24 01:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said: »
Why even bother necroing this? Also I believe this quote applies funny enough.
Quote:
just because an item may be perceived to have a highly specialized use doesn't mean it needs to be changed or is a terrible item.
You make a valid point (he's quoting me from the official forums :p )