New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Ig-Alima tips
Ig-Alima tips
By Ashandarei 2012-10-22 14:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avn said: »
I think i'm a little late but still learning how to maneuver through the FFXIah forums lol. I did not bother reading whatever was said before this but usually the SET up's that I do for him when people need it.. I even leached a couple of times on a loldd.. Thought this set up works for me. This is true that GOOD DD's valued. Members have their own Temps as well.

IG/Burn DD style I think and even with
SCH/BLM BlM/RDM SMN BLU/PLD BLU BLU SMN;
WHMx2 BRDx2 CORx2;
DRKx2 WAR SAM; RNG MNK;

REX;
I had a lot of up and downs on this NM until I wised up on him.. It's all about the BLM's. You can be picky and get good BLM's ore be inpatient and get w/e BLM and you will see the dif.. With this NM I found that having a PROC BLM PT vs a NUKE PT party and a RED PROC pt makes all the dif. in the world..

BRD SMN COR BLU BLM BLM; (PROC PARTY)
SMN COR SCH BLM BLM BLM; BLM NUKE PARTY
WAR DRK NIN WHM COR RNG;

Even with this setup If you do not have the good BLM, you will choke.. The Cor's are WF~; RNG WF as well; BLM are Thunder magian Staff with x3 Atmacites @ 15/15; the Proc BLM can get away with Chayo staff as well.
Though I am officially retired from VW since I have every piece of item from it... I am willing to help if you need it. Actually, only missing pieces i need is PW and for that PW shouts are done every day so no need to shout for it :)

-Avn, TheTubbies!

Thanks for the Bot Rex strategy...? But mage burning Ig-Alima doesn't sound wise, stick w/ 2 DD parties and it's a breeze.
By Ophannus 2012-10-26 14:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN can shocksquall and also put out more damage than a procing BLU can. Also a BLU with amazing MAB gear and capped atmacites can do upwards of 5-6k Dark Orbs with burst affinity.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-10-26 15:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avn said: »
I think i'm a little late but still learning how to maneuver through the FFXIah forums lol. I did not bother reading whatever was said before this but usually the SET up's that I do for him when people need it.. I even leached a couple of times on a loldd.. Thought this set up works for me. This is true that GOOD DD's valued. Members have their own Temps as well.

IG/Burn DD style I think and even with
SCH/BLM BlM/RDM SMN BLU/PLD BLU BLU SMN;
WHMx2 BRDx2 CORx2;
DRKx2 WAR SAM; RNG MNK;

REX;
I had a lot of up and downs on this NM until I wised up on him.. It's all about the BLM's. You can be picky and get good BLM's ore be inpatient and get w/e BLM and you will see the dif.. With this NM I found that having a PROC BLM PT vs a NUKE PT party and a RED PROC pt makes all the dif. in the world..

BRD SMN COR BLU BLM BLM; (PROC PARTY)
SMN COR SCH BLM BLM BLM; BLM NUKE PARTY
WAR DRK NIN WHM COR RNG;

Even with this setup If you do not have the good BLM, you will choke.. The Cor's are WF~; RNG WF as well; BLM are Thunder magian Staff with x3 Atmacites @ 15/15; the Proc BLM can get away with Chayo staff as well.
Though I am officially retired from VW since I have every piece of item from it... I am willing to help if you need it. Actually, only missing pieces i need is PW and for that PW shouts are done every day so no need to shout for it :)

-Avn, TheTubbies!

Rex strategy is dependent on good CORs/RNGs, not BLMs, unless you really need to bring five of them (in which case your damage obviously does depend on them). Wildfire destroys him. We always use 2 or 3 BLMs, and they are always procing for the most part, while we have 2 CORs and 1 RNG, all with wildfire. Dead in 3-5m.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-26 15:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
As far as procs go you only need 1 blm, no sch (1 blm/sch can cover the magic) so get 2 heavier DD. Just my 2 cents.
I don't recommend this. Magic procs are key, relying on a single BLM to do all the black magic procs is going to slow things down considerably. Two should be the absolute minimum number.

Chyula said: »
Asura.Fondue said: »
dont invite gimps

Yep, especially a taru relic sam. Tired of watching that midget go down every fight. disgusting.............

Some tarus always go down for no reason.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-26 17:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Some tarus always go down for no reason.
That's cause the other people need to step up. D:
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-26 17:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Rex strategy is dependent on good CORs/RNGs, not BLMs, unless you really need to bring five of them (in which case your damage obviously does depend on them). Wildfire destroys him. We always use 2 or 3 BLMs, and they are always procing for the most part, while we have 2 CORs and 1 RNG, all with wildfire. Dead in 3-5m.
I love epeening on b-rex! I demand to be put in non-dd party so I can only care about myself and blow things up! Good times.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-10-26 17:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Taru play on hardmode. Don't be jelly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-10-26 18:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My Wildfires make Rex cry. Cry for his mama! Her mama? Whatevs.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-26 18:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

3~5 min still too slow for mage burn rex, with 5+ BLM and 3~4 WF user, it dies even faster without weaken item.

BLM isn't bad as DD on it, before amnesia screen was out(I spamed it before Amnesia screen was there), they can tank it without being affected by amnesia.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-26 18:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Taru play on hardmode. Don't be jelly.
^
 Phoenix.Nerji
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2012-10-27 06:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Rex strategy is dependent on good CORs/RNGs

Just thought I'd step in here. Essentially all the people in your alliance have to be 'good' (hitting fools drink macro can be hard for some reason.)
Bring 2~3 great DDs, they will do ~20% damage each, as for the rest

DDx3, BRD COR WHM
BLM BLM BLM BLM COR(optional) SCH
BLU BLU NIN BLM BLM SCH

Split the spells so your blms only have 2~3 spells to cast, means triggers will come fast if it's blm
Set one of your SCHs to be dedicated only to stunning, try to stun as many tp moves as you can, below 30% focus only on stunning the charm tp move.
One of your DDs should have a JA stun like weapon/blade bash, get them to stun chainspell and put a call in their macro to use fools drink (Stunners don't read the chatlog for chainspell, learn to know what his chainspell animation looks like, he kind of goes rainbowy coloured and dust moves beneath him)
These rexs took about ~2mins to kill

Source: leading alliances for 80+ consecutive wins

P.S
(invite friends which you know are good at the game)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-27 06:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Nerji said: »
Bring 2~3 great DDs, they will do ~20% damage each, as for the rest

DDx3, BRD COR WHM
BLM BLM BLM BLM COR(optional) SCH
BLU BLU NIN BLM BLM SCH

Did you bring WAR to Tomahawk it? Seems a bit hard for melee to do 20% if that PDT- isn't dealt with.
 Phoenix.Nerji
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2012-10-27 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

We had one war that'd do it when he remembered lol, he didn't have it merited so didn't last long
I probably should have put more emphasis on the 'great' for dds