Genesisx Skill Up Script Now With BRD And Food

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Other » Genesisx Skill Up Script now with BRD and Food
Genesisx Skill Up Script now with BRD and Food
 Asura.Milkmanskid
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Milkmanskid 2012-09-28 08:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure a lot of people remember GenesisX's Skill up script it
supported Enhancing, Summoning, Healing Magic Skill Ups on various jobs.
Anyway I hadn't found a newer version since v. 1.5. And well that came out last year.

Anyway I've been editing it for all sorts of skilling be it melee or bard or even blue mage.(These are really bad edits not ready for release.)

I proud to release version 1.7 of his skill up script now with BRD magic skilling(lower level etude line of spells), /brd for ballad while skilling something else and using magic skill up food while you're skilling up.

Also added the out of sync check to the summoner part of his script. I'm guessing he just missed it when releasing his cause he has it for every other type of magic.

Anyway you can find 1.8 and his 1.5 version here:
http://pastebin.com/u/Milkmanskid

Version 1.7 added Magic Food usage.
Version 1.6 was me adding support for BRD. (Etude Spells.)

Later I'll add support for Blue Mage(self and non-damaging for mobs), Dark Magic and BRD while casting on a mob cause we all know skill goes much quicker when casting on mobs rather then our self.

Also I been holding off releasing this because I couldn't get a hold of him on Windower Forums but he hasn't been on for months. If asked I will pull this!

Edit: In my pastebin account is v1.8 it now has support for thr RDM line of BAR spells and also now only uses carby for summoning part of that script it also will toss of avatar's favor if you are lvl 55+. :)
[+]
By commandervimes 2012-09-28 08:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

On the cure front: You will find that a wait of 4-5 will allow you to just spam cure 1 instead of jumping up tiers, quicker casting and more efficient use of mp

SMN: reduced recast of summons means you could repeatedly spam carbuncle since it is a 5 second recast now. again just more effcient use of mp

Protect/Shell: I didn't see a cancel of Protect2 or Shell2, would protect 1 and shell 1 still be able to grant skill ups if no effect?

Sorry for the nitpicks!

I'm not a fan of all jobs scripts, i adapted one of GenesisX's for cure spam and put in a convert above the resting (slightly higher mp requirement), has worked nicely (cure spam refills hp for next convert). but after more adapting and refresh gear, mp never drops anyway

EDIT: spelling and final comment adjustment
 Asura.Milkmanskid
VIP
By Asura.Milkmanskid 2012-09-28 08:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

commandervimes, you bring up valid points on the summoner and curing part of the script. I never used the cure part or summoner part of his script personally. And didn't even think about the new recast timers on SMN.

As for protect and shell I personally never used it I used the bar line of spells but all the posts last years with that same question said you could still receive skill ups even with no effect. That's why I and he never added "cancels" to them if someone tells me otherwise I'll edit it in.

Also I hear you on the all around skill up scripts part. I personally butcher this script or my rewrite my own for things but I'm just trying to release a general script that's easy to use for everyone that's not that good with writing there own SC scripts.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-09-28 09:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm

I had also been doing my own work to this xml, having included ranged attack, ninjitsu, blue magic etc.

Perhaps we should collaborate?
 Asura.Milkmanskid
VIP
By Asura.Milkmanskid 2012-09-28 09:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be great I've done nin, ra, and blu also but there really rough edits just for me that I probably lost after reformatting.

Also did a lot of 99JOB/DNC that you would grab a few mobs or one if that all you could handle and would cure you as needed come back 10+ mins later and repeat.

If theres a better way to get a hold of you such as email or vent hit me up with a PM.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-09-28 11:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Aikar's skillup core (with slight modifications so I can toggle enabling or disabling chat, and just disabled the low mp check since I had enough gear refresh). I like spellcast for a lot of stuff but just prefer Aikar's old script for this task.

When I did SMN, in addition to casting refresh (as your script does and checks for), I also made sure it would keep up Avatar's Favor, as my characters rode the line between gaining and losing mp without refresh + favor (I hadn't finished SMN AF3+2 hat yet, probably would've made the difference).

On a final note, for those writing scripts (spellcast or otherwise) for SMN, don't forget Release's timer is 10 seconds (unless they changed that as well, haven't check tbh).

I'll include these scripts for reference. (I'm not trying to thread hijack or anything, and can throw this stuff in another post if desired... I haven't tried Spellcast for skilling up so I can't compare them.)
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-09-28 11:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still 10 secs.
[+]
 Asura.Milkmanskid
VIP
By Asura.Milkmanskid 2012-09-28 12:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I totally forgot to add the Avatar's Favor in there. Also I checked and I can cast carby release and just be ready to recast him in time with no fast cast besides /rdm. So I may change it to carby only! I'll make the wait time default to not presume your /rdm tho so extra 1-2 seconds. I just make a check and see if you /rdm to set timers :)

Autoexec is awesome but I know a lot of people that use windower/spellcast that never have used autoexec so reason I decided to update GenX script.

And thanks for all the input not shooting down any ones thoughts or other ideas like autoexec or no all in ones scripts. To each there own and half the time I wouldn't use this but then again I know how to write my own SC and autoexec stuff.
By Aeyela 2012-09-28 12:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Milkmanskid said: »
Well I totally forgot to add the Avatar's Favor in there. Also I checked and I can cast carby release and just be ready to recast him in time with no fast cast besides /rdm. So I may change it to carby only! [s]I'll make the wait time default to not presume your /rdm tho so extra 1-2 seconds.{/s} I just make a check and see if you /rdm to set timers :)

Autoexec is awesome but I know a lot of people that use windower/spellcast that never have used autoexec so reason I decided to update GenX script.

Don't forget that release has a fixed 10 second recast. Adding fast cast into Summoner skill up can actually make timing a looping script harder than using base timers. Carbuncle will summon in 7 seconds, add in the job ability delay to release and it's about 8-9 seconds. There's already a second wait to release, without summoning Carbuncle any quicker. I personally have never gone /RDM when skilling up or equipped any fast cast because of this. Most shared scripts tend not to factor in release timer.

It's a good idea, though, and I'm interested when you have it. Using just Carbuncle means you can skill up infinitely. Assuming through gear and using the carbuncle mitts you're at 0 perpetuation, you'll be getting 3-5 MP back a second from traits and gear. He only costs 5 MP to summon.

Maybe you could make one with Garuda, too. For those with Vayuvata III, we can be the ultimate in boss and skill up with Garuda. :)
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-09-28 12:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Good points... accounting for fast cast is effecient still as long as you add the wait to recast after /release (gonna edit my short script as an example).

The other thing I forgot to include is I had added a line to try to cast Healing Ruby if the BP timer was ready. I don't know how it compares as far as effeciency goes (as you have carby out another 5 or 6 seconds once every minute or so), but I did see skillups now and then from it.

Eh, probably not worth the hassle... if you're skilling up through summoning/releasing, it's going to take days.
 Asura.Milkmanskid
VIP
By Asura.Milkmanskid 2012-09-28 14:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Don't forget that release has a fixed 10 second recast. Adding fast cast into Summoner skill up can actually make timing a looping script harder than using base timers. Carbuncle will summon in 7 seconds, add in the job ability delay to release and it's about 8-9 seconds. There's already a second wait to release, without summoning Carbuncle any quicker. I personally have never gone /RDM when skilling up or equipped any fast cast because of this. Most shared scripts tend not to factor in release timer.

It's a good idea, though, and I'm interested when you have it. Using just Carbuncle means you can skill up infinitely. Assuming through gear and using the carbuncle mitts you're at 0 perpetuation, you'll be getting 3-5 MP back a second from traits and gear. He only costs 5 MP to summon.

Maybe you could make one with Garuda, too. For those with Vayuvata III, we can be the ultimate in boss and skill up with Garuda. :)
I know thats what I went out a tested this mornign after someone posted about the new recast time and the /ja timer still being 10 seconds. I was able as SMN/RDM to cast carby release him and just be ready to cast again as /rdm with the normal timer in that script as it is. But like I said to be on the safe side I'm add +1-2 seconds extra for /rdm and none /rdm not everyones computer works the same way.

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
Good points... accounting for fast cast is effecient still as long as you add the wait to recast after /release (gonna edit my short script as an example).

The other thing I forgot to include is I had added a line to try to cast Healing Ruby if the BP timer was ready. I don't know how it compares as far as effeciency goes (as you have carby out another 5 or 6 seconds once every minute or so), but I did see skillups now and then from it.

Eh, probably not worth the hassle... if you're skilling up through summoning/releasing, it's going to take days.

I'll probably never go that detailed into using blood pacts into this script.... It is only like 4 lines of code but it could be wasting someones mp if they don't have decent gear. Though I'll test a naked 99SMN/RDM with only chatoyant staff and see if refresh/convert can make carby using healing ruby as BP have no down time. If so then I'll add BP in for people /rdm only!

There is a great program I saw my buddy use called SSU(Summoner Skill Up). It would auto refresh, convert, avatar's favor, elemental siphon(correct one if you had it), use a BP: Ward every time it could, equip hq/nq staff(now you would just tell it to use no nq/hq and just equip you chatoyant staff. Doesn't support ToM staves but it is opensource so someone could add I guess.) Anyway with my buddy having decent gear AF3 +1/+2 he never would have to rest anyway using all HQ staves back then and /rdm for the refresh and convert features.
Edit:
Just thought of something you could use the new ToM staves just by making a spellcast script that just equips the correct staff for the right avatar and let the program do the rest!
 Asura.Milkmanskid
VIP
By Asura.Milkmanskid 2012-09-28 15:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Version 1.8 is now in my pastebin account it added RDM bar spell support, only using carby for SMN part and making sure you have avatar's favor on if you lvl55+.

Also there was no need for a different timer /rdm or /thf when looping carby. The original 3 seconds was fine. I couldn't do it at 2 seconds /rdm so it just got left alone.
By Aeyela 2012-10-01 05:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is nice, and it works well. Thank you. But I have a question: what's with all the echo spam? The old version of this script never had it, or you could disable it. It's a bit over the top, every summon I'm getting a load of rubbish spam through my log.
By Aeyela 2012-10-01 06:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nevermind me. It was quite obvious and I should have looked before posting, being a seasoned XML coder... lmao.

Line 24:
Code
<var name="Show.Debug">true</var> <!--- Show Process/Debug Info True/False --->

Change to false to disable chat log messages!

By the way, just to come back to our previous conversation. It works very well, my MP is never actually going down. Soon as I summon it's full before the next summon. It would work the same with Garuda and it would remove the second's pause between resummoning and releasing.

However, I'm not that pedantic so again, good job.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-10-01 06:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I also customized this same skillup XML, specifically for enhancing magic, adding in food and refresh. It would keep up both food and refresh, which with the gear I had at the time, made it so that you never needed to rest. Yugl helped me work out the kinks. I'll post the changes I made later, currently at work.
 Cerberus.Soleus
Server: Cerberus
user: Riven119
By Cerberus.Soleus 2012-10-01 12:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I had previously generated a BRD and enhancing section for WHM to the original script. Last night I was going to run my scipt and all I'm getting is command errors. Downloaded this script and reran and still only getting command errors. Any ideas?

Edit: This is while running both enhancing and healing magic.
 Asura.Milkmanskid
VIP
By Asura.Milkmanskid 2012-10-03 18:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Nevermind me. It was quite obvious and I should have looked before posting, being a seasoned XML coder... lmao.

Line 24:
Code
<var name="Show.Debug">true</var> <!--- Show Process/Debug Info True/False --->

Change to false to disable chat log messages!

By the way, just to come back to our previous conversation. It works very well, my MP is never actually going down. Soon as I summon it's full before the next summon. It would work the same with Garuda and it would remove the second's pause between re-summoning and releasing.

However, I'm not that pedantic so again, good job.
I'm not going to add Garuda back in sorry. I took it out cause it was
bought to my attention with the new recast timer's its more mp efficant. Yes some of us it doesn't matter which smn we have out we could always have mp but this isn't the case for everyone. Also with only using Carby a lvl 1 newb could use this script by getting FoV refresh and almost have no down time.
 Asura.Milkmanskid
VIP
By Asura.Milkmanskid 2012-10-03 19:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Soleus said: »
I had previously generated a BRD and enhancing section for WHM to the original script. Last night I was going to run my scipt and all I'm getting is command errors. Downloaded this script and reran and still only getting command errors. Any ideas?

Edit: This is while running both enhancing and healing magic.

Well I'd have to take a look at your script to see whats wrong.

I also don't know how you told my script to run 2 types of magic at once without editing the script. Which if that the case I'm guessing you messed something up editing.
 Cerberus.Soleus
Server: Cerberus
user: Riven119
By Cerberus.Soleus 2012-10-06 23:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My mistake, doesn't seem I posted the message correctly. I was using an edited version of the original script and now I am using yours without any changes. The script seems to run fine on my main, but my mule on a separate account will not run it, I keep receiving command errors. Thanks.