Phoenix.Phaeon said: »
90 dmg
180 delay
228 skill
34 accuracy
4% Double Attack
5 STP
27 evasion

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125279-Vagary-Findings?p=6382086&viewfull=1#post6382086

Thanks

Plugged it in DPS sheets. Very rough quick test, but I have it beating OAT Taikogane in most situations, but it's generally not impressive until you need accuracy. (as expected)

Delve fodder, zero food, no buffs, no haste. no nothing.
Kannagi (AM1)
Achiuchikapu
1144 DPS

Kannagi (AM1)
Taikogane (OAT / crit dmg 2%)
1137 DPS (taikogane with crit+4% = 1132 DPS)

Add RCB, brd songs, and cor rolls, and it's about the same difference.

Tojil with full buffs, -20% def down. Taikogane pulls ahead by a tiny bit.

Since the +34 accuracy is directly transferred over to your main hand, the difference is huge on anything remotely evasive, so this is definitely worth off-handing for serious events. I tested serac rabbit, and it was about +50 DPS over other high acc options in off-hand.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-27 13:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah looks like a interesting offhand. Hoping I get one tonight, he dropped pup boots last night and they just hit the floor lol.
 Phoenix.Phaeon
Server: Phoenix
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2015-03-27 13:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, good to know - I'll have to do the fight more, and maybe even win the lot next time...
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-27 13:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That chamber is pretty Nin friendly! My Metsu's averaged around 7.3-7.6k on dullahan and joker. Shun did about the same, was a little disappointed with my Hi's. Jokers seems to have pretty high Eva, was around 1110-1130 in ACC and still wiffed a decent amount. Offhand was tancho+1. We had idris def Down on it, probably switch to Eva down tonight.
By inkydo 2015-03-27 13:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
That chamber is pretty Nin friendly! My Metsu's averaged around 7.3-7.6k on dullahan and joker. Shun did about the same, was a little disappointed with my Hi's. Jokers seems to have pretty high Eva, was around 1110-1130 in ACC and still wiffed a decent amount. Offhand was tancho+1. We had idris def Down on it, probably switch to Eva down tonight.

Gippali,

What Gear sets you using for Metsu's? I been looking for a better set then the main page. Can you post your set for Metsu? I am doing 4-5k consistently with some Spikes over 7k. I am looked for any advice on this thanks.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-27 14:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

inkydo said: »

Gippali,

What Gear sets you using for Metsu's? I been looking for a better set then the main page. Can you post your set for Metsu? I am doing 4-5k consistently with some Spikes over 7k. I am looked for any advice on this thanks.

This is the set I generally use:

Mani legs are path A
Taeon hat/gloves are ACC/ATT +20, TA+2, WSD+2
Yozake is STR +3, DEX +4, WSD+4

ItemSet 328078

Could probably swap body to Taeon as that is more accessible. Aug's can be a pain sometimes though.

Also, I was able to use a full buff set during everything but THF/BST fomor and Joker. THF/BST required a mid acc set. MB was full, as stated above.
 Fenrir.Inkydo
Server: Fenrir
user: inkydo
By Fenrir.Inkydo 2015-03-27 14:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

inkydo said: »

Gippali,

This is the set I generally use:

Mani legs are path A
Taeon hat/gloves are ACC/ATT +20, TA+2, WSD+2
Yozake is STR +3, DEX +4, WSD+4

ItemSet 328078

Could probably swap body to Taeon as that is more accessible.

Also, I was able to use a full buff set during everything but THF/BST fomor and Joker. THF/BST required a mid acc set. MB was full, as stated above.

Thanks looks very good! I am close Just a little more work on the Taeon gear but gives me a good look... Thanks Again!
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-27 15:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No problem!

you could also make these changes if Taeon is being difficult to aug.

Head:
-Gavialis Helm
-Felistris Mask
-Uk Cap (dex aug)
-Whirlpool Mask

Body:
-Mes'yohi haubergeon
-Mochi. Chainmail (+1)
-Mekosuchinae harness
-Hachi. Chainmail (+1)

Hands:
-Mochi. tekko (+1)
-Sasuke +1
-Onimusha-no-kote
-Kachimusha kote (+1)

I am sure there are probably both a few more for head/body/hands categories but these are just off the top of my head.

I would make another set of Taeon with just ATT/ACC/TA/DEX on it to test out on Metsu/Shun, but my inv as already pretty tight. However, I have two sets already with crit/wsd on it...
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-03-27 18:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

90 dmg
180 delay
228 skill
34 accuracy
4% Double Attack
5 STP
27 evasion

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125279-Vagary-Findings?p=6382086&viewfull=1#post6382086

Damn... I saw a photo of that weapon earlier today, and I laughed with what i thought was THF/DNC getting a butter knife. Turns out the joke was on me ><.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-27 20:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaeviathan said: »
90 dmg
180 delay
228 skill
34 accuracy
4% Double Attack
5 STP
27 evasion

Damn... I saw a photo of that weapon earlier today, and I laughed with what i thought was THF/DNC getting a butter knife. Turns out the joke was on me ><.

Looks pretty cool to me <.<
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-03-28 08:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, I thought it was this one.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-03-28 09:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol! I figured that's the one you thought it was. No clue what that clown knife is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-03-28 09:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So, Magic Burst.
ItemSet 330450
  • Taeon Armor Augments: MAB & MACC +15, INT +10

• Hands: Hattori Tekko +1: DEF:91 HP+27 STR+12 DEX+45 VIT+29 AGI+14 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17 Accuracy+23 Evasion+59 Magic Evasion+43 “Magic Def. Bonus”+2 Haste+5% “Futae”+24 Elemental ninjutsu damage +14% Set: Augments “Dual Wield”

• Hachiya Kyahan +1 is only -2 MAB & -9 MACC in comparison with Taeon Boots (Assuming you get lucky with augments).

• Not Sure if Mujin Band/Locus Ring (Total of +10% Magic Burst) will outperform Shiva Rings +1.

• Or in my case, Adoulin Ring/Shiva Ring +1

I added the Izuna because my Kikkoku seems weaker in comparison.

Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-28 10:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I thought that was the katana model as well lol. Glad it's not!

Edit: dual wield Kikoku/Kannagi/Nagi ftw!!!
 Cerberus.Mirlikovir
user: eoz41
By Cerberus.Mirlikovir 2015-03-29 07:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to finish lately adoulin missions, and I can't yet decide which ring ima chose. Any advise is welcome. Thx
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-29 17:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Weatherspoon, Haverton, or Karyieh(sp?) are all fine choices.
 Phoenix.Phaeon
user: Phaeon
By Phoenix.Phaeon 2015-03-30 11:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So, Magic Burst.
ItemSet 330450
The update also introduced Deviant Necklace and Ghastly Talathum +1, so those should also probably be included.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-03-30 12:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain what augments are necessary to make Izuna worth using? Tossed a few random stones at from drops (got delay -9% from a dusk), but I'm not sure exactly what to shoot for or whether to even waste time on it if it requires hard to get dusk augments. Those aren't worth it to me yet until dusk stones get easier to obtain (Alluvion ORK?)

As far as the discussions of spreadsheeting the top handful of katanas over the past couple pages, I'm assuming that's just a comparison of mainhand use (and using what for offhand - Taikogane?), right?. Currently have Kikoku, Tancho+1, Raimitsukane. With all of my options being fairly similar DPS, I kinda like mainhand Kikoku for added para effect and Metsu. But Tancho+1 is nice for tanking for the interrupt- (though sometimes I just use that as my offhand when I want 119 acc in both hands AND care about utsu interrupt for tanking). Izuna could affect this though, but as I said, I'm a bit confused as to what to shoot for on it.

Looks like offhand may also be changing to Achiuchikapu, but that doesn't seem to affect the mainhand choice too much.

Thanks!
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-30 13:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

DMG + from duskslit
ATT/ACC from snowslit
DA from leafslit

If your not to keen on the dusk augs and such, just stick with relic/whatever else. For things that matter it will most likely be Tancho+1 until Achiuchikapu.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-03-30 16:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DMG + from duskslit
ATT/ACC from snowslit
DA from leafslit

How much of those augs is needed to make it better than a Tancho+1 though? In particular, DMG+ since it's the most expensive stone. Max is +17, right? So what have people actually been getting, how many stones have you needed to get ~15+, etc. If you need near flawless augs to beat the similar class weapons, I'd be inclined to go with the non-augmented choices.

Plus, if it's a close call Izuna doesn't have any of the other unique traits of the other weapons. Most notably, Tancho +1's massive interrupt-35% for casting, and Racc+21 to help on Daken procs. I think people tend to forget to account for those kinds of additional benefits.

Basically, if Izuna needs fairly easily obtainable augments to be tops, I'm interested. If it's (theoretically) only slightly better and requires millions spent on the RNG... well, I dunno that I really think it's worth it. At least not now with current Dusk prices.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-30 17:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh and its wsd + that you want, sorry had a brain fart.

I believe when we did testing it was with +10 dmg, most of that sheet data is like 2 pages back. Are those augments easy to obtain? Depends on RNG like you said lol. I have had terrible luck with dusk augments on mine so I gave up for now.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-03-30 17:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Random augments, it is why i'm temporarily away from the game. Once they decide to remove that randomness, i'll return.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-03-31 12:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Random augments, it is why i'm temporarily away from the game. Once they decide to remove that randomness, i'll return.

To be fair, the Alluvion Skirmish ARMOR is done pretty well. Allows for fantastic flexibility without adding lots of sets of gear, to let you focus on your jobs. And it's much easier to target specific kinds of augments than past skirmish systems. Most important augment slot (leaf) is the easiest one to get too.

The weapons, on the other hand, seem still a bit harder to make the way you'll want them. And the most important augment comes from the currently most rare type of stone (Dusk, which seems like it should be the "common" drop if they end up releasing an Alluvion phase 3 that seems fairly likely).

Plus, you don't have to rely too much on random augments for good stuff. There are plenty of respectable katanas with no randomness required: RME, Tancho+1, a nice new katana from Vagary, AA drop, WKR offhand...
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-03-31 13:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have having so much fun with the new katana!
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2015-03-31 15:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

To be fair, the Alluvion Skirmish ARMOR is done pretty well. Allows for fantastic flexibility without adding lots of sets of gear, to let you focus on your jobs. And it's much easier to target specific kinds of augments than past skirmish systems. Most important augment slot (leaf) is the easiest one to get too.

The weapons, on the other hand, seem still a bit harder to make the way you'll want them. And the most important augment comes from the currently most rare type of stone (Dusk, which seems like it should be the "common" drop if they end up releasing an Alluvion phase 3 that seems fairly likely).

Plus, you don't have to rely too much on random augments for good stuff. There are plenty of respectable katanas with no randomness required: RME, Tancho+1, a nice new katana from Vagary, AA drop, WKR offhand...

I really want to get creative with Ninja. I like to get like 4 katanas and like 12 gears or so with certain specified maxed augments. But I know that will come with a very hefty price.
 Bismarck.Linkka
By Bismarck.Linkka 2015-03-31 16:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

lol! I figured that's the one you thought it was. No clue what that clown knife is.
Excalipoor/Excalipoor II
By gdiShun 2015-04-01 14:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Came back a few days ago. Couldn't find an updated spreadsheet so here. >_>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr3q6hp7wywhwx3/NIN-Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0

Fixed some issues from my previous ones. Added the new gifts and some of the new gear.

Let me know if there's any issues.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-04-05 03:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking of making 119 empy head body and legs for tping, thoughts?

Or does taeon completely destroy the new gear. I have yet to make a good taeon set so I'm wondering what is better to invest in. I loved innin back in abyssea days and the dw on head can allow me to use trux or something. The crit on body and accuracy on the legs look nice. Also the set bonus is something to consider.

Also is it just me or are feet completely unnecessary to upgrade? +1 shadow on all instances but some haste if you upgrade from +2s.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-04-05 05:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Emp119 Zukin is absolutely pointless imo. Only useful solo, and only sometimes, when you cannot call Trusts to cap m.haste for DW. Innin DA% works also only in pt and not solo yet the DW+5 will hurt you more than it's worth unless you're doing some half*** setup without capped m.haste. Then yeah it's fantastic. Solo Ptica and pt Taeon.
Legs highest acc and counter if hit with Hundred Fists otherwise I don't see any of it being important.
Rest meh as well imo. The whole set seems uninspired when compared to some other jobs 119. That's how I see it atleast.
Feet I did 109 just for some slight Utsusemi defense.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-04-05 08:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole reforged empyrean set +1 augment to dual wield seems unchanged, and is still 10% with all 5 pieces. Pritty sad maet.
Was hoping that it'd at least be a bit higher cause I was thinking of using at least 2 pieces for high accuracy sets.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 253 254 255