The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 253 254 255
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-12-15 18:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh sorry! Though you asked about both rancor items. Nef. And rancor back stack yes. You could use that if you wish. I am getting soil neck/windbuffet +1/rancor back ahead by a bit. 5778 to 5732.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-12-15 18:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Bismarck.Gippali said: »
For Blade: Hi I assume.

They don't stack. So using a combo of like rancor collar/Atheling/soil belt or Soil gorget/rancor back/windbuffet(+1) would be ideal. There are a few different combos that you can move around for those three slots.

Um.... Rancorous Mantle + Nef Collar ?

They do I believe.

the ones that don't is Rancourous Mantle + Rancor Collar = no stack.

OR am i wrong on that Master Gippali ?

That is correct. The Rancor items do not stack, but Mantle and Nef Collar +1 will.

Now my question is: Is it worth for ilvl mobs ?

Thinking of MNK BLU PLD NIN ETC......... Putting Mantle + Nef Neck (which gives 8% CRIT hit Rate) OR would you rather do (Collar(5%) + STR ATK ACC DA Mantle)

Thinking 8% would be nice but on other hand, ACC ATK DA STR+ be doing more DMG , no ?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-16 02:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuro you can test it yourself in the spreadsheet! :P

I think it depends which "other mantle" you mean. I don't think Atheling or any other options come close to Rancorous mantle, aside specific situations (like needing accuracy etc).
One exception might be Yokaze with a high WSD augment, that wasn't out when I did my tests so I can't tell.

But for Blade: Hi in the majority of situations between the two rancor options the mantle was always the best one to pick.

For the neck other nice options are Hope Torque and Ele Gorget, or at least they were. Blade: Hi received TWO major updates since when I last tested things around so in all honesty I'm not that sure anymore on what's best to use.
By gdiShun 2014-12-16 05:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm also surprised by how good Metsu is doing o.O didn't expect it to be so close to Hi and Shun.

Yeah, I'm often just making an arbitrary choice between the three depending on my mood :P Even though the aftermath is dumb, I've often found myself saying why not Metsu for the aftermath if they're all so close (particularly solo).

The great thing is that since Shun, Metsu and Hi seem to do around the same damage and all are different skillchain elements, you can swap them as you need to for SCs, etc..

Back to Shun because I'm obsessing lol.

Unsurprisingly, my inexact methods won't give us an exact result here. I'm putting -8/75/75(-8/67/142) in my spreadsheet. It's probably not the correct numbers. But it's definitely a lot more accurate than the -8/5/5 that was in the spreadsheet before.

TL;DR Shun possibly didn't even have it's Attack penalty/bonuses even changed this update. But Shun definitely does have very significant Attack bonuses at 200/300% TP, to the point that as long as you have Moonshade on, you probably have about a ~15-20% Attack bonus at 100%.

EDIT: Spoiler tag not opening for anyone else? >_>; I don't want to un-spoiler tag it because of how ridiculously long it is. If you care enough can quote and Preview if it's not working for you too. <_<; It works then.

Also forgot to include spreadsheet link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr3q6hp7wywhwx3/NIN-Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
Same link but updated and re-uploaded. Also added Gifts. It was previously assuming you had them unlocked because it was just going to be for personal use.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-16 07:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So the penalty might still be there, but the threshold at which penalty becomes a bonus comes sooner than before and with bigger amounts.

I guess this also means:
1) Shun is going to suck on targets where you're attack capped. Well not suck, but other WSs will be better.
2) Shun is going to get diminishing returns if you have a pletora of att buffs (but still uncapped) and the multiplier sends you way above the cap, i.e. wasting part of what it could have given to you
3) On targets where you need a lot of att and are unlikely to ever cap att, Shun could be quite nice if used at, say, above 1100 TP
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2014-12-16 08:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it depends which "other mantle" you mean. I don't think Atheling or any other options come close to Rancorous mantle, aside specific situations (like needing accuracy etc).
One exception might be Yokaze with a high WSD augment, that wasn't out when I did my tests so I can't tell.

But for Blade: Hi in the majority of situations between the two rancor options the mantle was always the best one to pick.

For the neck other nice options are Hope Torque and Ele Gorget, or at least they were. Blade: Hi received TWO major updates since when I last tested things around so in all honesty I'm not that sure anymore on what's best to use.

Atheling is for noobs bro, I use Letalis Mantle for TP-ing only XD

but ya, I also don't got an idea how to use Spreadsheets ^^;

That is why I posted here ><

Otherwise I would do it myself .
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-16 08:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No reason to use Letalis when you don't need the acc, imho.
And if I need the acc then I'd rather use Yokaze instead of Letalis, but that's just me I guess.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-12-16 08:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »

Atheling is for noobs bro, I use Letalis Mantle for TP-ing only XD

but ya, I also don't got an idea how to use Spreadsheets ^^;

That is why I posted here ><

Otherwise I would do it myself .

Nef + rancorous doesn't spreadsheet as high as other options. Like Sechs mentioned, the current best options are Hope or Gorget + Rancorous Mantle. This is what I've been using for low lvl stuff. Bird hat has AGI+8, Otronif +2 crit. Kabnaax with AGI aug will do more dmg, but not by a lot.
ItemSet 317702

I've got STR+5 DEX+5 SC-DMG+4% WSD+1% Yokaze Mantle, and it pulls ahead for Hi against high level targets. (with Rancor Collar)

In general, I really hate it when the main-hand crit swing whiffs, and you get the super low damage off-hand hit. It's not as much of an issue with 99% main-hand acc thankfully, but I still like to stack some acc for Hi. i.e. Wukongs+1, Ptica or Gav helm during the right days, etc.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2014-12-16 11:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else have 30~50 stacks of 99 Hachiya Shuriken in dbox or is it just me? lol
Works extremely well keeping stocked being it's a RoE shuriken.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-12-16 12:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Anyone else have 30~50 stacks of 99 Hachiya Shuriken in dbox or is it just me? lol
Works extremely well keeping stocked being it's a RoE shuriken.
Ominous cloud (the grumpy galka ninjatool bundler) can pouch those up for you by trading him 99+winjruit.
The pouches are same account mailable to yourself like the shurikens are, so you should instead have your dbox filled with pouchesx12 of shurikens.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-18 04:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for Gearswap users.
How did you handle the security failchecks for swapping your main Shuriken into a consumable shuriken during the activation and permanence of the Sange buff?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-18 05:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for Gearswap users.
How did you handle the security failchecks for swapping your main Shuriken into a consumable shuriken during the activation and permanence of the Sange buff?

By not meritting Sange. /badumtss.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-12-18 07:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

By using a variable shuriken that's updated on usage of and wearing off of Sange.

Also, swap shurikens for precast of sange. It'll save you a headache or twelve.

Pretty similar setup to a few other jobs setups.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-12-18 07:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
By using a variable shuriken that's updated on usage of and wearing off of Sange.

I think he is refer to a security check to prevent Sange from activating if he is out of the consumable shurikens. Even if he sets it to change to the consumable in precast, if he ever runs out, it cannot swap to them, and will burn his better ones with Sange up.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-12-18 09:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »

I think he is refer to a security check to prevent Sange from activating if he is out of the consumable shurikens. Even if he sets it to change to the consumable in precast, if he ever runs out, it cannot swap to them, and will burn his better ones with Sange up.
I have 99 Togakushi Shuriken from Titan. 1 equipped in inventory and 98 in dbox. Regardless even if you kept them all in inventory you won't consume even half of them by mistake. I just don't feel like bothering with Titan ever again.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-18 09:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not necessarily prevent Sange from activating, but something to make sure the good shuriken gets unequipped first.
For instance let's say Happo+1 is your good one and Hachiya the consumable one.
If you only have a simple syntax that swaps Happo+1 > for Hachiya on Sange precast, it's gonna be troublesome if you happen to have ran out of Hachiya Shurikens and you didn't notice.

Sange would still activate, Gearswap would ATTEMPT to equip Hachiya, but fail to do so, which mean our precious Happo+1 would get wasted on the next attack round.

There's a handy way to check your inventory, like player.inventory['Hachiya Shuriken'], but from my experience this doesn't work 100% of the times. Well it normally does, but it doesn't have total reliability.
So I was kinda thinking about something else.

Instead of putting the real shuriken name inside the sets, I will use a dynamic variable, so my sets will look like this {..., ammo=sets.TP.ammo, ...}.
Then by default I assign the shuriken value like this
Code
sets.TP.ammo = {name="Happo Shuriken +1"}

Then I would define the sange precast set as follows:
Code
sets.precast.Sange = {body="Mochizuki Chainmail +1", ammo=empty}

Then at the end of my precast I'd put something like this
Code
if spell.english == Sange and not spell.interrupted then
   sets.TP.ammo.name = "Hachiya Shuriken"
end

Then in the buff_change function I'd put a check for Sange wearing off, and swapping the value back to Happo+1 again.

Sounds safe enough to me, but wanted to see if I missed something or if there's anything to add to make it even better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-12-18 09:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not necessarily prevent Sange from activating, but something to make sure the good shuriken gets unequipped first.
For instance let's say Happo+1 is your good one and Hachiya the consumable one.
If you only have a simple syntax that swaps Happo+1 > for Hachiya on Sange precast, it's gonna be troublesome if you happen to have ran out of Hachiya Shurikens and you didn't notice.

Sange would still activate, Gearswap would ATTEMPT to equip Hachiya, but fail to do so, which mean our precious Happo+1 would get wasted on the next attack round.

There's a handy way to check your inventory, like player.inventory['Hachiya Shuriken'], but from my experience this doesn't work 100% of the times. Well it normally does, but it doesn't have total reliability.
So I was kinda thinking about something else.

Instead of putting the real shuriken name inside the sets, I will use a dynamic variable, so my sets will look like this {..., ammo=sets.TP.ammo, ...}.
Then by default I assign the shuriken value like this
Code
sets.TP.ammo = {name="Happo Shuriken +1"}

Then I would define the sange precast set as follows:
Code
sets.precast.Sange = {body="Mochizuki Chainmail +1", ammo=empty}

Then at the end of my precast I'd put something like this
Code
if spell.english == Sange and not spell.interrupted then
   sets.TP.ammo.name = "Hachiya Shuriken"
end

Then in the buff_change function I'd put a check for Sange wearing off, and swapping the value back to Happo+1 again.

Sounds safe enough to me, but wanted to see if I missed something or if there's anything to add to make it even better.

Coming from somebody who tossed about 5 Happo's back when they were 500k each... I finally got my $hit together. (I blame incursion's lag, and Langly)

I have the following in my job_post_precast()
Code

if spell.name == 'Sange' and player.equipment.ammo == 'Happo Shuriken' then
        state.Buff.Sange = false  -- this is a bit over zealous, but fk it 
        eventArgs.cancel = true
    end

I set_combine the proper ammo in customize_melee_sets(), depending on state.Buff.Sange being true.

With that said, I go one step further and put /equip ammo "Hachiya Shuriken" on the first line of my Sange macro. If you wanted to be really paranoid, you could put an empty /equip ammo in your sange Macro. I used to do that BS back when I was worried about shooting off my GMB or PPA on RNG.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2014-12-18 11:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So.... Figured I may change the subject a bit. Anything better in the 1 hander damage department since update?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-18 15:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input Orestes
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-12-26 13:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

so i made a tancho+1 and got another tancho to offhand, is this viable? I'm guessing for very high acc situations its nice.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-12-26 14:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats! I really enjoy mine!

Tancho+1/nq Tancho combo is only a point or two behind Tancho+1/Raim on fodder, which I assume comes from nq tanchos 232 delay. It's a good combo in acc sets though. Double tanchos (+1/nq) will pull ahead by about 20-25dps when acc is an issue.

Edit: rechecked it with acc sets as well.

Edit: I was wondering if there is any changes I can make to my Mag acc set. Weatherspoon ring is the only one I can think of.

ItemSet 319988
By Chyula 2014-12-26 17:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

dual wield tancho for the interrupt rate, acc is the added bonus. plus wukong thats already 75% rate on top of added high acc together. pretty crazy.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-12-30 07:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you guys really mathed Tacho and Tacho +1 or are going just by hunch defining it better DPS than Raimitsukane?

Has Izuna ever been thoroughfully mathed? Which augments does it need to be better than Raimitsukane? Can it become better than NQ Tacho too?
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-12-30 08:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuro Sechs you can test it yourself in the spreadsheet! :P

Also, the only time I have mathed out Izuna was for a friend that had one with ACC+12/FC+3. I'm not big into random shitty augments. Could it pull ahead? Probably not. Delay to high, bad Augs, stuff like that. But it looks pretty so have at it.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-12-31 11:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some more testing with Izuna this morning.

Even if you had acc and att with crit/dbl att/ws dmg it's still a good 50-70dps behind Tancho+1/Tancho or Tancho/Raim combos. It just can't keep up with the lower delay, higher acc, and the dex/agi on tancho/raim.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-12-31 16:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
I was wondering if there is any changes I can make to my Mag acc set. Weatherspoon ring is the only one I can think of.

ItemSet 319988
This what I use
ItemSet 330767
Edit: Actually I use Psystorm/Lifestorm earring combo instead just for -1 inventory purposes. That WoE earring I can live w/o.
[+]
By sabrtooth 2015-01-02 06:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

hi guy,

I am looking to build a 102% spell interruption rate for my ninja utsusemi!

or is it better to stick to fast cast build?

What are the gear I can possibly look at?

on my mind:
impatiens
wukong
tancho+1
tancho
magnetic earring
druid slope

for 103%!
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-01-02 08:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do both, at least for ichi, start off by casting in FC then end with interuption rate. Your ni's should fire off pretty quickly for it to not need interuption rate as long as your timing isn't bad.

I don't use an interuption build though, cause I do my best to time when the mob starts its attack phase. Both my ichi/ni go off at about 40% so I really have no worry of interuptions, maybe if the mob is under hundred fists.
By sabrtooth 2015-01-02 18:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Lenus, thank for your feedback! What is your Fast cast equip?! I realise mine only fire off at 50-60% :(
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-01-02 19:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't really check at what % my set fires off (that's dependant on latency and your connection too) but what I use is

Ejekamal Mask (3% FC augment)
Kaabnax Trousers (3% FC augment)
Dread Jupon (7% FC)
Thaumas Gloves (3% FC) ==> Sombre Mittens +1 have 4%, NQ still 3% but at least they got ilevel stats
Voltsurge Torque (4% FC)
Loquacious Earring (2% FC)
Enchanter Earring +1 (2% FC)
Prolix Ring (2% FC)
Weatherspoon Ring (5% FC, 5% Quickspell)
Impatiens (2% quickspell)

Swap body for Mochizuki Chainmail +1 and neck for Magoraga Beads if it's Utsusemi we're talking about.

For Midcast the set is pretty much the same, I have Mujin Mantle for back, AF3+2 boots for feet (Utsusemi), Mochizuki Tekko +1 for Ninja Tool Expertise and... probably some other small difference but overall it's pretty similar.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 253 254 255