The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 253 254 255
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-10-29 05:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be happy if they changed kamu to a 3 or 4.0 ftp multiplier and damage varies tp honestly, but the only thing they changed on it during ws rehaul is the attack bonus which is.....
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-29 07:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kamu is kinda a shame of a WS, even with the 30% modifier. I second some major changes to it, but before thinking about a WS affecting like what, 100 players in the world? I think they should focus on something for all of the Ninja players.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-29 12:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like them to fix those terrible blade:hi 's I get for like 500 once in awhile (guessing the primary hit misses and a offhand/da strike goes off preventing a full-on whiff).
I've tried using Anguinus/Caudata belt/Elemental belt, ws'ing in letalis mantle and other things, is there a good ws set to fix the dodgy behavior on this ws?

Oh and yes I would like the devs to fix Kamu even if there is ~100 nagi owners left in the game. Leaden salute for corsairs used to be garbage, now its downright beastly - it wouldnt kill them to spend an afternoon to look at ninja ws damage and adjust it so its at least more stable in terms of its output and usefulness.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-29 12:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I'd like them to fix those terrible blade:hi 's I get for like 500 once in awhile (guessing the primary hit misses and a offhand/da strike goes off preventing a full-on whiff).
I've tried using Anguinus/Caudata belt/Elemental belt, ws'ing in letalis mantle and other things, is there a good ws set to fix the dodgy behavior on this ws?

Oh and yes I would like the devs to fix Kamu even if there is ~100 nagi owners left in the game. Leaden salute for corsairs used to be garbage, now its downright beastly - it wouldnt kill them to spend an afternoon to look at ninja ws damage and adjust it so its at least more stable in terms of its output and usefulness.
Yeah that's what's happening, since I unlocked Rudra's Storm, I occasionally notice a Blade: Hi like 500 WS, also I remember trioing Salvage II shortly after it came out, a SAM who came with us would always whiff his Fudos was pretty funny.

The curse of the single hit WS.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-29 14:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kind of to off balance how single hit WSes can straight miss and do no damage, I don't really mind.

As far as which WS should get the rework (if only 1 can) I'd say Blade Shun would probably be the best, most jobs have moved away from Crit WSes like Blade: Hi and they just don't seem to be doing the job these days. I agree with Sechs that removing Shuns attack penalty and making it damage with TP would probably work out well.

Not a fan of Kamu changing, it would probably make Mythic super imbalanced for Nin and those without it would suffer.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-10-29 14:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

And while they're at it, change Metsu's aftermath to something DD oriented and useful. :D
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-29 14:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Not ruling it out but honestly I can't see them fixing :Hi easily. It would be easier to fix :Ku or :Shun.

Agreed, I understand your logic for thinking Hi is less likely to get a good fix. Probably more likely something like Shun or Ku. I'm particularly interested in seeing whether this makes Kannagi comparatively less appealing (otherwise I might make one if they really do make HMP more available through new content).

As a Kikoku user currently, I wouldn't mind a buff to Metsu either :) Even if not a huge damage buff, a more useful aftermath would be nice.

For the SC attributes, yeah, I can't see major changes to Katana in that respect. Situational, but at least in some setups you could take advantage of Darkness spam with the same theory as SAM Fudo/light spam depending on your group composition. Marksmanship (Coronach, Leaden Salute) and Dagger (Evisceration, Rudra, Mercy Stroke) play nice with Katana WS, so something where you're using RNG THF COR would work for this and isn't entirely unrealistic.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-10-29 14:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
And while they're at it, change Metsu's aftermath to something DD oriented and useful. :D

I would be down for that my friend! Although, it's a pretty pimp looking WS so that makes up for it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-10-29 14:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It can be competitive on it's own with a 119 Kikoku.

It won't surpass Blade: Hi in it's current state, but can you imagine having an aftermath that's more like Ragnarok and crit? Or Metatron Torment's aftermath to help us tank? Kaiten, and store TP?

I would be happy with any one of those options. But there are plenty of ways they could improve that dumb subtle blow aftermath. -_- I'm sure Spharai users would jump to our cause too.

I'm going to keep my hopes up. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2014-10-29 15:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What's wrong with subtle blow, Langly?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-10-29 15:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's way too subtle for me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2014-10-29 16:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
It's kind of to off balance how single hit WSes can straight miss and do no damage, I don't really mind.

As far as which WS should get the rework (if only 1 can) I'd say Blade Shun would probably be the best, most jobs have moved away from Crit WSes like Blade: Hi and they just don't seem to be doing the job these days. I agree with Sechs that removing Shuns attack penalty and making it damage with TP would probably work out well.

Not a fan of Kamu changing, it would probably make Mythic super imbalanced for Nin and those without it would suffer.

Thats like me saying the same thing about Vajra THFs today since all you should be using is mandalic stab now. Changing Kamu would make it a viable option even for those who don't have the mythic, especially in situations where you need attack and can't abuse Innin. So making it 3 or 4ftp would still help but won't be able to achieve max damage like hi does.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-29 17:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not unheard of that Mythic WS can be best choice for non-Mythic users: Stringing Pummel comes to mind, it's nearly always best for PUP. Like Sapphire mentioned, Leaden Salute is a top COR WS (situationally Last Stand or Wildfire may win, but Leaden is good and often best) - and that was changed quite recently. IDK my current DRG very well, but isn't Drakesbane still good?

And obviously, Empy WS is often best even for people not using Empy weapons. So there's plenty of precedent for an unlockable Mythic/Empy WS being strongest even for the masses who don't have the weapon.

Honestly, Metsu would be MORE surprising to see it become the #1, because it's only usable for relic users. That doesn't mean I don't want it buffed though, and at least change that damn Subtle Blow like everyone has said :)
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-29 17:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

However the problem is that when you make a mythic WS very strong it makes it the only weapon for that job because of how much better it is. Cor and Thf both have top end mythic WSes, but very few people actually care about Cor or Thf DPS. In fact we've already started to see problems with Leaden Salute being so good where if you do have a mythic for Cor your damage is just too insane. Drg as mentioned basically didn't exist without mythic when Drakesbane was the big deal. Comparing it to the current Empyrean heavy WS line up we have doesn't work because empyreans don't give a flat 40% damage boost to their WSes.

Metsu being buffed would restrict people without the relic too, although when comparing making a Relic vs making a Mythic I'd much rather making a relic.

Like I said: Shun.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-30 03:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
so something where you're using RNG THF COR
Yes, in theory.
But in reality where do you see people deploying those jobs without any major DD like SAM, MNK etc? :P
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2014-10-30 05:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking for an ideal Magic Burst set for Ninja (Hyoton: San & Raiton: San).

This is what I currently use:
ItemSet 330263
  • Are there any equipment to make this set better?

• Would Shiva/Fenrir Ring +1 be a better choice?

Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-30 06:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you mean a set that's practical to use while still TPing for Katana damage?
If that's not the case then you should mainhand Eosuchus Club or whatever it's called.

I don't get why you put Sheneedsdick Body in there though.
For the INT? Either way I'd use Mekosuchus Harness instead.
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2014-10-30 07:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why you put Sheneedsdick Body in there though.
For the INT? Either way I'd use Mekosuchus Harness instead.

Shneddick Body +1 is the body piece i got with the highest INT for Ninja atm. I would like to have that harness.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-30 11:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
so something where you're using RNG THF COR
Yes, in theory.
But in reality where do you see people deploying those jobs without any major DD like SAM, MNK etc? :P

It's not that uncommon of a mix with a ranged + tank strategy. RNG obviously, COR is arguably the best buffer in a RNG-heavy group, and THF gets tossed in for TH. It's basically how my little LS does Divine Might, for one. We never want the typical heavy melee DDs in that kind of fight, they'll just be pulling hate and making things harder.

NIN is filling the tank role here normally played by PLD. Question would be whether NIN is sturdy enough to replace a PLD, but in Utsusemi-friendly fights (plus use of Migawari) I could see it. Plus you're doing more damage than a PLD.

But yeah, it's definitely a specific kind of setup. If you do ever find yourself in it, I guess this is just a reminder that you're very well set for lots of Darkness SC. Tell the RNG COR to use Coronach/Leaden instead of Last Stand (light) if that's the case and it's probably gonna go pretty well.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-10-30 14:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So I picked up Raimitsukane from MR the other night and it randomly got me in the mood to start up my ninja again. I have my full set of AF3+2, so I'm curious about what pieces of AF/relic would be best to reforge first. I assume AF body is my number one priority for the massive DW. Also, what is good to pair with Rai for an offhand? I've never been great at choosing between raw damage or lower delay when it comes to katanas.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-30 15:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh I don't even own AF 119 Body, it's only 1 more DW than Relic 119.

I'd say the important ones:
119 Relic Body for TP and Sange.
119 Relic Legs for low haste situations.
119 Relic Feet are still the best :Hi feet I think?
119 AF Legs for accuracy or high haste situations.
119 AF Hands for :Hi (you can replace this with Sasuke Tekko+1 I think)

There are probably others that have uses for like nuking or such but I don't count those as important.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-30 15:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

119 Relic Body->Legs then get whatever you feel like pretty much based on your content target/gear options.

119 relic hands are nice to have for casting ninjitsu with because of the expertise bonus. I'm quite happy with the gloves since I use kakka/myoshi/Yurin/etc quite often solo/meriting.

I totally passed on the AF set for the time being.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-10-30 16:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, thanks for the advice. Looks like Relic body will be my first goal for now. What about a weapon combination? REM is completely out of the question for me, but I'm curious on a competitive option outside of them.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-30 16:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Raim MH + WKR OAT offhand.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-10-30 16:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, I would not have expected a 115 to be the best offhand. Is it just the crit rate and OAT augment that makes it so good? It feels so odd to not have two 119s.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-30 16:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaitsuburi is actually pretty nice offhand to start with since it grants extra accuracy to your mainhand also.
Ideally you want to have 2 katanas with +242 skill/iLevel 119 for hard things, although you can get crazy buffs where OaT katana still can work out to be good.

Personally i've got Chidori on my to-get list for offhander, a fastcast/+magic damage katana would be nice to have.

Taikogane is worth beating up Colkhab for and getting OaT augment on it. For solo/fodder/merit stuff i'm a fan of sometimes wielding both the OaT Taikogane and OaT Atoyac. They are useful situational weapons.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-30 16:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Taikogane offhand almost entirely, and the few times my acc is bad enough to warrant a 119 Katana I just use Jushimatsu because it's easy to get and free, there could be better 119s for that situation but I never felt like using Airlixer+2s or anything.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-31 13:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I use Taikogane offhand almost entirely, and the few times my acc is bad enough to warrant a 119 Katana I just use Jushimatsu because it's easy to get and free, there could be better 119s for that situation but I never felt like using Airlixer+2s or anything.

Yep, this.

@Orean: yes, OAT (~40%) is that strong, crit rate is just gravy.

RME users:
1) RME/Taikogane
2) RME/Raimitsukane (only when you need lots of acc)

Non-RME users:
1) Raim/Taikogane
2) Raim/Jushimatsu (only when you need lots of acc)
*If you don't have Raimitsukane yet, can substitute Jushimatsu instead for nearly the same stats.

Senkutanto (117 Bayld katana) is a notable situational offhand when in reives. The Save TP is absurd, you'll self SC frequently just from auto-attacking. It's a pretty solid placeholder until you get the ideal sets too, and dirt cheap/simple to obtain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-10-31 18:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd argue your second RME user condition above for Shigi.

Yes, slightly less acc, but in those acc necessary situations you could be running with enough buffs that shigi's lower delay will probably do better than Raim.

You know what, Shigi's advantage is probably so miniscule I shouldn't have even spoken it aloud.
 Valefor.Slore
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2014-10-31 19:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So chidori is out?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 253 254 255