First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 253 254 255
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-16 13:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Ah, for some reason I thought there was an 80% max recast reduction on spells.

I was more thinking about making it for lowmanning the Fulcrum BC. I've been doing it as NIN, BRD, SCH, WHM, so a lower Utsu and Migawari recast would be nice. Super fun to NIN tank that, btw!

Once we realized that Great Wheel doesn't reset hate if it whiffs on shadows that was the only way we would do it.
 Odin.Karizo
Server: Odin
user: Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2014-04-17 00:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't help but notice, it seems like Mochizuki Hakama +1 is a better piece for Blade: Hi than Nahtirah Trousers. It has 3 more STR and 1 more AGI. Am I missing something?
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2014-04-17 01:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was more thinking about making it for lowmanning the Fulcrum BC. I've been doing it as NIN, BRD, SCH, WHM, so a lower Utsu and Migawari recast would be nice. Super fun to NIN tank that, btw!
just bring yourself a runefencer!
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-04-17 01:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Which reminds me: probably a stupid question but "Light" Blade is light based, right? <_< BGwiki doesn't state an element. I've heard it's like somewhat of a hybrid between physical and magical damage, too.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-17 06:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Once we realized that Great Wheel doesn't reset hate if it whiffs on shadows that was the only way we would do it.
Wow I didn't know that... which setup do you use on NIN to tank Kam'lanaut?
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-04-17 10:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Karizo said: »
I can't help but notice, it seems like Mochizuki Hakama +1 is a better piece for Blade: Hi than Nahtirah Trousers. It has 3 more STR and 1 more AGI. Am I missing something?

Nope, just me missing something. The only real downside I can spot is that DW will reduce your WS TP return, which most people probably don't even notice. Thanks for pointing it out.
 Ragnarok.Saintsfan
Server: Ragnarok
user: Saintsfan
By Ragnarok.Saintsfan 2014-04-17 12:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin can tank every single AA if given the same support as pld. I have aegis/ochain pld/blu and my nin shreds it. the problem is that there are so many terribly undergeared and poorly played nin's that the player base sees pld onry.

Elazar, come to Ragnarok! hit me up
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-17 17:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Which setups do you use for tankin them on NIN? And which buffs?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-04-17 18:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about higher difficulties since we rarely ever get 6 people on anymore, but on normal we go NIN/THF, BRD/WHM, WHM/SCH, SCH/BLM. SCH stuns spells to avoid any Silencega > Great Wheels or Dispelga > Light Blades and nukes fetters. NIN gets double March, Madrigal, Scherzo and keeps Migawari up since I've gotten 1-shotted by Light Blade even with Scherzo. With double March and Haste it's a 35 second recast or so, so you can keep it up a good amount of the fight. I turn around whenever it absorbs a Light Blade and recast is down.

Edit: Oh, you meant AAs. Missed the post above yours, sorry.
By Sydok 2014-04-17 23:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which setups do you use for tankin them on NIN? And which buffs?

It's late, so I'm just going to link to posts by people I NIN for in AA and Fulcrum (and most events). If you need any more info or if anything is unclear, let me know specifically what, and I'll try to answer.

Stellar Fulcrum:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/42617/stellar-fulcrum-elemental-fetters#2586206

AAs:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/11/#2562281
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-04-18 01:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

@Llewelyn
No need to be sorry, that was interesting too ;)

@Sydok
Thanks for sharing, that was a nice read
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-04-18 12:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said: »

just bring yourself a runefencer!
Thanks for this suggestion. Spent 15M on RUN stuff to give it a go and it went pretty well (annoying as hell for me to dual box with RUN, though).
By Santi 2014-04-23 14:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Which path for Qaxxo Leggings/Tights? Assuming A?
 Odin.Zyklon
user: Noise
By Odin.Zyklon 2014-04-24 07:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Kincard, /thread is my daily drugdose. /bow
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2014-04-24 09:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Which reminds me: probably a stupid question but "Light" Blade is light based, right? <_< BGwiki doesn't state an element. I've heard it's like somewhat of a hybrid between physical and magical damage, too.
Last I heard it was non-elemental breath damage with a funny name, since Aegis nor PDT seemed to reduce it.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-04-24 14:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just find it weird that it can miss if it were to be breath or magic damage.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-05-05 03:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some tests on the spreadsheet for Blade: Hi and I'm getting slightly better results from Otronif+1 legs (with DA+1 enhancement) over Nahtirah legs and this doesn't seem right to me.
Granted the difference is very small, any comment on this?

Also a very embarassing question.
Gear haste over cap has no influence in your melee swing, but does it work on spell recast?
In other terms: would I get more spell recast reduction from gear haste 40 compared to gear haste 26%?
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-05-05 05:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

you won't. More haste from gear beyond 256/1024 (which is exactly 25% btw. 256x100/1024) will have no impact at all.

To add to the maths, you only need 26% to really reach 25% because some gears state 4% haste but really give 40/1024 which is 3.90625% etc..
By Elazar1 2014-05-05 12:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Saintsfan said: »
Nin can tank every single AA if given the same support as pld. I have aegis/ochain pld/blu and my nin shreds it. the problem is that there are so many terribly undergeared and poorly played nin's that the player base sees pld onry.

Elazar, come to Ragnarok! hit me up
Would cost me an arm and leg to move other there. Too many toons lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-05-08 15:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious about the choice of Qaaxo tights for those Dex based WS's. Any reasoning there? Or settings you're using to make them come out on top?
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2014-05-26 23:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any update to the main page on this item? I feel this would replace the AF3+2 in low Haste situations, not sure on high haste. As well as a Blade: Hi ws piece.

Your text to link here...
Ptica Headgear
DEF:102 HP+36 STR+17 DEX+23 VIT+19 AGI+25 INT+18 MND+18 CHR+18 Accuracy+23 Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+43 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4 Haste+8% "Dual Wield"+5 Critical hit rate +4%
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-05-27 09:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there needs some rejigging of most pieces on the main page but I won't fault or pester Kincard. Keeping up something like this isn't easy. It's time intensive.

That said, your suggestion of Ptica Headgear is an obvious improvement anywhere you're using Iga Head +2 for it's 5% DW. As the node says, base your sets off of your support haste provided. Where you're getting the benefit from that DW then use the Ptica. Otherwise drop back to Felistris for your Triple Attack.
By Ravenn42 2014-05-30 12:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is NIN the only job now that does not have a megaboss weapon drop? I have been doing AA MR daily and still no katana. Is the AA katana better than the 119 plasm upgrade katana?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-05-30 12:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you referring to the +2 from Skirmish? I couldn't honestly tell you the best of the best combinations because I haven't personally compared them.

I am however striving for my 119 Kikoku + AAMR Katana combo to replace my Shigi offhand.

I personally detest augment systems governed by random numbers so I'm choosing to ignore it as an option. :D I think I'll still be perfectly happy with 119 Kikoku + Raikunimitsu.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-30 13:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
Is NIN the only job now that does not have a megaboss weapon drop? I have been doing AA MR daily and still no katana. Is the AA katana better than the 119 plasm upgrade katana?

Nope. Corsair/ranger are together with you. No gun dropped yet Though you can include the bow as the rng drop from mega boss, cor didnt get any love from mega bosses so far. Not sword, not dagger, not gun.
By Ravenn42 2014-05-30 13:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was referring to the delve 1.... I don't skirmish I use shigi and am trying hard for A MR... I have 90 kannagi but don't want to waste all the girl if it's a slight upgrade. I have not thought of relic since I play so many jobs and have commitment issues. I am still on yoshi bow and have not finished it yet since I don't know if it's better than new delve bow.
So for now I will just focus on AA katakana and off hand shigi. Thanks for response.
By Ravenn42 2014-05-30 13:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Ravenn42 said: »

Nope. Corsair/ranger are together with you. No gun dropped yet Though you can include the bow as the rng drop from mega boss, cor didnt get any love from mega bosses so far. Not sword, not dagger, not gun.

Ya i made a deathlocke for my car it's probably not best dps gun but it looks awesome and that 50 percent of how i personally like to play...

Most Nin weapons look like crud would really like a unique model.
 Asura.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Asura.Gippali 2014-05-30 14:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

General order of katanas:

RME/RME
RME(any of the three)/Raim
Raim/Kannakiri +2
Raim/Shigi
Raim/Isuka Path A/B
Raim/Kaits.

Depending on augments on Kannakiri +2 you could swap that to main hand as opposed to Raim. If Raim isnt obtainable at the time, Kannakiri +2 with augments is a great option that can be subbed in for wherever Raim is on the list.

All these would be based off of actual use and spreadsheet mapping. The only one I have not tested in practice is RME/RME. SO maybe someone with a combo of any of the RME could chime in on that.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-30 15:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, couldnt help.
By Ravenn42 2014-05-30 15:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

@panta

ya I have auto correct on my phone and it loves to change words for me. But that was clever.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 253 254 255