Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » AF3 seals
AF3 seals
 Bahamut.Ivandrago
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ivandrago
By Bahamut.Ivandrago 2012-09-18 23:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I started playing again after a 5 year break so im learning things all over again and I dont know if i just have really bad luck or if scholar seals drop rate is terrible but I was curious as to what NM's have the best drop rate for sch's, because i only end up getting like 2-3 seals while other party members got there full 8 or more and then end up leaving and I get shafted.

Taken from the dark formus im kinda looking for something like this if people could point me in the right direction for the NM's i should be doing.

Quote:
+1 Head - Blazing Eruca
+1 Body - I got mine off of Dhorme Khim
+1 Hands - Got off of Sharabha
+1 Legs - Heqet/Cep-Kamuy
+1 Feet - Chhir Batti

+2 Head - Ulhuadshi
+2 Body - Bennu
+2 Hands - Azdaja if at all possible, but you'll likely get some from doing Ulhuadshi for your head.
+2 Legs - Amhuluk
+2 Feet - Sedna, easy fight, just might have to kill more than 2-3 times if unable to proc.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-09-18 23:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What I did for my seals:
Head: Gaizkin
Body: Ironclad Smiter
Hands: Koghatu
Legs: Gukumatz/Sirrush (just wait in Sobek area and ask for any spare seals, won't need a group this way)
Feet: Quasimodo or Seps
All are force pop NMs so no waiting around for spawns. They have decent drops rates from what I remember.

For +2s I just kinda had them laying around but my suggestions:
Head: Fistule - Go BLM and find a THF or NIN who wants the discharges
Body: Alfard perhaps
Hands: Resheph - zone boss so shouldn't be too hard to make a group
Legs: Cirein-Croin - zone boss + drops popular emp items
Feet: Sedna - another zone boss
All the respective SCH +2s are primary drops off these NMs.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-09-19 00:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
What I did for my seals:
Head: Gaizkin
Body: Ironclad Smiter
Hands: Koghatu
Legs: Gukumatz/Sirrush (just wait in Sobek area and ask for any spare seals, won't need a group this way)
Feet: Quasimodo
All are force pop NMs so no waiting around for spawns. They have decent drops rates from what I remember.

For +2s I just kinda had them laying around but my suggestions:
Head: Fistule - Go BLM and find a THF or NIN who wants the discharges
Body: Alfard perhaps
Hands: Resheph - zone boss so shouldn't be too hard to make a group
Legs: Cirein-Croin - zone boss + drops popular emp items
Feet: Sedna - another zone boss
All the respective SCH +2s are primary drops off these NMs.

Only things I think I would change are:

feet seals:I think seps is the easiest of the mobs.
body seals:I'd do dhorme khim. The mobs less annoying than ironclad, and you can try to find someone upgrading a kannagi/almace to help you or let you tag along.
head cards: fistules good, another good option is to find a group spamming itzpapa for empyreans.

Also at op, I really think what drops for seals is just kind of dumb luck. I could be wrong, but i've always assumed that seal drops are basically even and people that get 8 or their seals when everyone else gets 2-3 are just lucky.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-09-19 00:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Seps is pretty easy (edited my post). But I remember getting pissed that he wasn't dropping SCH seals so I moved the group to Quasimodo. It is mostly luck but I don't believe drop rates are even.
 Bahamut.Ivandrago
By Bahamut.Ivandrago 2012-09-19 09:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info, guess i was picking the wrong NM's after all because the only one ive done that you have mentioned was ironclad ( got 2 seals while everyone else in the party got all 10 of theirs -.-) and serrush same thing got 3 seals. Definitely going to try these other ones out and hopefully get some seals finally.
By theeklipse85 2012-09-19 09:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

sch body should be from the gob , just have shell / bar fire
 Bahamut.Ivandrago
By Bahamut.Ivandrago 2012-09-19 10:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

theeklipse85 said: »
sch body should be from the gob , just have shell / bar fire

ive heard horror stories about getting the pop for this goblin, dont know if i wanna try him may try the chimara type nm first then move back to iron clad if needed.

@Pleebo is it worth doing Gukumatz since hes a timed spawn?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-19 10:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't SE outright say that all seal NMs have equal distribution on their drops? I swear it was in one of the interviews.

Timed spawns have an extra drop slot, but aren't a good primary method of obtaining seals as you can kill 3-5 force spawns in the same time they take to repop once.
 Ragnarok.Pesh
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Pesh 2012-09-19 10:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ivandrago said: »

@Pleebo is it worth doing Gukumatz since hes a timed spawn?

It's not really a matter of doing Gakumatz. He's always being killed by people trying to farm Sobek pops for Almace/Kannagi.

Most of the time those groups aren't after the seals, so you can politely ask if they'll let you lot.

I finished my SCH legs from Avalerion (Colibri NM). Granted it was the least popular seal to drop, but it's an easy duo for a THF & WHM and I needed DRG as well.

I do most of my seal farming on Lightning/Lights/Darksday and just pray for Light procs.