Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Curious about armegeddon
Curious about armegeddon
By sleepstudy 2012-08-24 13:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I have never ever considered doing an empyrean weapon before, but I am looking at the arma...at least up to the lvl 90. I really know nothing on the difficulty level on actually making one though. I've heard plenty about how this is one of the easiest ones to make, but I want to know the bare bone facts on HOW its actually done. I could get a WHM to help me out, so could we duo the NMs me as NIN and them as WHM? I admit, im completely lost about what people actually do to get these made in a short amount of time.

Any help / suggestions / guidance is appreciated.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-24 13:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

All three NMs are pretty easy to kill. Carabosse is easily doable by any tank+healer(recommended thf for better drop rate on gems), CC is a bit more tricky to tank, but if you want you could even solo it as blm by nuke kiting around the bridge(I did it like that with a friend). Really just need patience cause farming pop nms is very boring(and irritating if there's competition), but with some dedication you can do it in a very short time.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-08-24 14:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to duo then Nin/war + whm/thf. Red proc lesser NMs (hopefully you have discernment). All NMs you will face on the first 2 paths are rather straightforward and easy except for CC (you will need to have healer watch for charm and be ready to kite).
[+]
By Solrain 2012-08-24 14:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »
If you want to duo then Nin/war + whm/thf. Red proc lesser NMs (hopefully you have discernment). All NMs you will face on the first 2 paths are rather straightforward and easy except for CC (you will need to have healer watch for charm and be ready to kite).

I found that this worked best for me as well. Isgebind is also a lot easier than you would think with the same setup, especially if you either tail tank him or use height difference to avoid Gregale Wing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-24 14:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just run when you see the first TP move. He never charms as his first move, and if he does attempt to charm, you'll be out of range.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-08-24 14:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

BST, SMN, BLM, and SCH can solo CC very very easily. I've done it about a dozen times on each of those jobs lol.

Carabosse is a joke to BST (back then I was using NN), and Garuda tanks/kills her like a champ.
 Odin.Drgg
Server: Odin
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-08-24 14:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Esvedium
Server: Phoenix
user: Esvedium
By Phoenix.Esvedium 2012-08-24 15:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drgg said: »

/golfclap
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-08-24 16:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Just run when you see the first TP move. He never charms as his first move, and if he does attempt to charm, you'll be out of range.

Well sorray, always soloed my CCs on rng for the lols :)
By sleepstudy 2012-08-27 12:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much for the responses. Greatly appreciated
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2012-08-27 13:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed all my CC's on BLU. Same method on any self supportive job following Austar's advice. The good thing about having CC as your 85 upgrade NM is that you can steal from all those people that don't run from charm ^^