WHM DD?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM DD?
WHM DD?
 Odin.Ravax
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-05-28 13:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an extra hit. That doesn't mean that the damage is doubled. Like. At all. It's about the same as if you took another non-ws swing while using ws. Monk has the same thing and on one hit WSes it makes hardly a difference at all.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 13:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravax said:
It's an extra hit. That doesn't mean that the damage is doubled. Like. At all. It's about the same as if you took another non-ws swing while using ws. Monk has the same thing and on one hit WSes it makes hardly a difference at all.

The difference is substantial. Like 100~150MP difference when I've missed the second hit.
 Odin.Ravax
Server: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-05-28 13:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That depends on which of the two hits missed. If the first hit missed, the second's minor benefit is applied whereas if the second misses, you still get the meat of the WS for most two-weapon users.

I've never used Mystic Boon itself but I've studied other WSes, elemental and non to come to this conclusion. Unless Mystic Boon itself is inherently different on that point, I'm confident the above is what's happening.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 13:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow is mystic boon that good?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 13:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't believe. It literally changes WHM/NIN to the point where I solo mobs in campaign nonstop without resting. Even when other people start beating on it giving it TP its not usually too terrible except for those orcs with counterstance <.< . 250MP is average return for a Boon. Sometimes 180 sometimes 300.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 13:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wiki says mystic boon is significantly affected by attack... that might help put things in daeas favor and that ws does look pretty pimp +counter!!!
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-28 13:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Deae and Purgatory.
Redingote with Attk+10 StoreTP+4 Subtleblow+4
Healers Mitts for STR for WS and Blessed Hands for the haste before WS.
Blessed/Cleric's Pants
Blessed Feet (Healer's Feet for when you take hate >> recast shadows)
Potent Belt
Spike Earrings
A Ruby Ring and a Sapphire Ring with a STR+3 Augment on it
Walahra Turban
Chivy Chain
Bellicose Mantle

This is a very "cheap" WHM setup in my opinion (not counting Deae). An alternative that I used to Deae was Darksteel Maul +1. You've also got Reverend Mail as an alternative to my lolDD Redingote, but I do like that the Redingote gives me a MND boost for Hexa and other nice boosts. I'm now easily hitting 600+ damage on campaign mobs with Hexa and light SCing for another 600+. I honestly don't have problems with accuracy, and with the StoreTP I can Hexa my little heart out. I outdamage my RDM friend and actually get better experience than standing around, healing, and resting for the fights. WHM is fun as a DD but I wouldn't really call it a "DD" unless its in certain situations (ex. WSing on Pots for 2000 dmg = fun) but its all about versatility and having fun with the HEXA.
 Gilgamesh.Deathhaven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Deathhaven 2009-05-28 13:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow there is enough acc gear for whm/dd so acc should not be to much of a issue. I have about 3 mill invested in my whm/nin when I partyed in past in east ronf I was doing 40dmg each club and the dds where doing 100-130 a hit on birds synced at 38 or so. I always out dd the monks dnc thf nin bst every job accept the hard dds like drk Sam rng drg war other.

Highest hexa strike was 1435 with dual aqua rings dea and pug clubs and some decent gear check my character in gilamesh I just moved. To fenir so don't look there

My attk is at 420 with food and def near 400. Almost fully merited
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-05-28 14:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

while sky farming (sch or blm sub, leaving the heavy dutty curing to the rdm's, while u use afflatus misery + cura/esuna), I have equiped:

Purgatory club
Chiv Chain
Brutal Earing
Sniper + that TOAU melee ring
Walmart turbant
Blessed pants + gloves [healer mitts +1 for ws]

while not my optimal melee gear, seems to do the job for goofing off.
i still have other gear ofr best dd results, but i cant recall em from the top of my head.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-28 14:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I know everyone here is pro-WHM DD, and you'll all hate me for saying this, but to put it simply:

STOP USING WHM AS A DD. IF YOU WANT TO DD THAT BADLY, USE AN ACTUAL DD JOB. THERE'S A REASON WHY WHM DD SUCKS NO MATTER WHAT GEAR YOU HAVE, AND THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE A DD.

/capslockoff

But seriously you guys. c.c It's like leveling *** PUP.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-28 14:26:26
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
I know everyone here is pro-WHM DD, and you'll all hate me for saying this, but to put it simply:

STOP USING WHM AS A DD. IF YOU WANT TO DD THAT BADLY, USE AN ACTUAL DD JOB. THERE'S A REASON WHY WHM DD SUCKS NO MATTER WHAT GEAR YOU HAVE, AND THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE A DD.

/capslockoff

lol xD

Keep DD'ing in Camp because its pretty much how they get Max Exp
but if you dare DD in my pt o.o I shall cut you!
 Shiva.Nightraid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-05-28 14:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

/capslockoff

thats like saying stop using NIN as a tank cause it wasnt made to tank
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-28 14:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightraid said:
Enternius said:

/capslockoff

wow man WOW.
Lets have the ranger/warrior Tank just because he was meant to DD doesnt mean he cant.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 14:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Nightraid said:
Enternius said:

/capslockoff

wow man WOW.
Lets have the ranger/warrior Tank just because he was meant to DD doesnt mean he cant.

No you silly goose have the rng/sam tank with seigan
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-28 14:30:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Nightraid said:
Enternius said:

/capslockoff

bad example xD
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-05-28 14:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

its the same thing >_> whm can heal and dd even if it sucks at it lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-28 14:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fine with casting banish, dia and holy...but when you are slapping something for loldmg you are just feeding tp.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 14:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

Stop using RDM as main heal because it was obviously meant to be played with sword shield.

etc etc. Obviously we are not trying to join exp parties, do HNM or whatever else as WHM/NIN that anyone would care about. This is just for soloing stuff and having fun. Get over yourself.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 14:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
I'm fine with casting banish, dia and holy...but when you are slapping something for loldmg you are just feeding tp.

Thats what auspice is for!!! And those spells feed decent tp too
[+]
 Asura.Spazzoutx
user: sirhcLOST
By Asura.Spazzoutx 2009-05-28 14:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

it is possible for whm to DD, they are not the next SAM tho. my set up is relic body(blessed for Hexa), seawolf and sea robbers, blessed feet, z.legs (or price's if i miss alot) W.turban (Ohat for hexa, swift belt (proten for hexa) Cchain, blessed hands (Af for hexa)notning in ranged slot yet, rajas, flame ring, sippi ear, and minut ear. i probably left something out too... but my max damg so far is 2714 on a pot in sky (bream sushie i think) and oddly i use seawolf main hand (the 40dmg one) and get much better results when dualing both sea clubs. still need brutals ring and a decent back peace. record on black halo is 1098.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-05-28 14:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

new JA and spellset has given leaverage for WHM to be in the frontline effectively.

sure, in meripo or HNM things get serious and one should NOT be DD'ing, but what about solo farming, or alliance farming, when you have crapload of mages tanks and dd's?
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-28 14:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:

etc etc. Obviously we are not trying to join exp parties, do HNM or whatever else as WHM/NIN that anyone would care about. This is just for soloing stuff and having fun. Get over yourself.

I know someone who soloed 1-75 whm...it's still lol =\
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 14:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

Thats just pure crazy talk lol. Quite an accomplishment... but I'd never think about doing that. Ever.
 Asura.Spazzoutx
user: sirhcLOST
By Asura.Spazzoutx 2009-05-28 14:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

id kill myself if i had to solo whm to 75 i think. expecially without campaign
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-05-28 14:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a heavy hitting melee RDM.
:O
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 14:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Ludoggy said:

Thats just pure crazy talk lol. Quite an accomplishment... but I'd never think about doing that. Ever.

Naw I knew a dude he just solod everything he had like 5 jobs solod to 75 a good 2-3 years ago most weren't the typical solo jobs
 Seraph.Azdeh
Server: Seraph
user: Azdeh
By Seraph.Azdeh 2009-05-28 20:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Nightraid said:
Enternius said:

/capslockoff

wow man WOW.

lol, your not gonna see a dd whm in an event/exp obviously, but in solo or with friends i've seen hax Hexa Strikes for like 1.4k. So if whm wants to melee let them if under right circumstance >.>b
 Unicorn.Dragoram
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dragoram 2009-06-14 22:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

seawolf+sea robber is a good combo they offset each other well.
My wishful thinking(meaning I'll probably never get this geared in my lifetime)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=57955

An LS mate of mine solos alot of stuff as Whm/Nin and helps others in the shell as it. It can hold it's own in a solo/small group situation. He uses Perdu+Morgenstern most of the time it seems.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-06-14 23:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

recently on shiva, more and more merit parties are consisting of whm dd burn. now i have heard of those on mainly skeletons but... i was shocked to learn it was on -gasp- Greater colibri ._. reaching chains of 100+

I wish i had proof to back it up, i might actually level whm then.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-06-14 23:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Whm can DD and it can DD pretty well. Rdm can DD as well. People just place certain jobs in a certain place and expect them to stay there. -.- Cor/whm buff job only? Hell no. Both whm and Rdm can deal a hell of a lot of dmg if they are just given the chance ^^
[+]