First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-08 14:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I don't use diaga, would be difficult so sleep 5 mobs with dots (You'd suggest this for magic procing 5+ mobs in dynamis... As you said I assume you actually believe people would do that?)

Blood saber - 25 mp + AoE drain (my cure spell)
Actinic burst - 24 mp + AOE flash
Filamented Hold - 38 mp + Conal slow (helps with dmg mitigation)
Delta thrust - 28 mp + Conal plague and reasonable dmg (More dmg mitigation)
Sheep Song - 22 mp - Light based AoE sleep (used after actnic burst to reduce chance of interuption - and blue spells are hard to interupt to incase you forgot)

with anything from 8-10 mp refresh if you run out of mp with convert at your hands............ (I also stated I use temps) then dear god quit the damn job.

CDC > Heavy Strike (oh look another low cost high dmg spell....) refresh gained while meleeing compensates for mobs 8% chance on 5 mobs is 40% chance of proc per cast. That's faster than 1 ja every 12 seconds even if this is all you did >.>... can you not recover 30 mp in 4-5 tics?...

The math is there, and have you tried entering Dynamis on Cerberus? it's always got 10+ people inside; 34 in Qufim not long ago today to.

No, I think diaga is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE idea, but it's the only aoe spell from /rdm and it is technically the cheapest and fastest spell to spam. My interruption comment was pointed at diaga btw... I'm well aware that casting blue magic with 400+ skill won't be easy to interrupt even with several mobs on you. Diaga, despite being a fairly quick spell, would get interrupted very often due to sub skill. Please read my post and infer my actual meaning. IF you could stay alive with dot'ed mobs it'd be a given to use diaga and my pointing it out was just a mention of possibility from what we could take from the posts you made.

You have less than 40% proc rate on one mob out of the group you have just due to the way REAL math works as mentioned by Kincard, but it'd be further reduced by the nerf.

I don't see the combination of factors here working in your favor. While your coinage claim isn't impossible, I doubt it's average and perhaps it is better than an incredibly crowded dynamis but at that point, I'd go make money elsewhere. If you are right, then your description of how this is working is inaccurate in some way or another since it clashes with known factors of how dynamis works.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-08 15:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Delta thrust - 28 mp + Conal plague
So much for thinking this guy might be for real.

As for probability, these are mutually exclusive events, with 8% proc rate on on each one. With 5 mobs, you do have a 40% to proc 1 mob with each cast until you proc the first one. Every time you proc your chances of procing the next mob go down in 8% increments. 40 -> 32 -> 24 -> 16 -> 8
Of course this only holds true if it's 8% for every mob.

I guess I got curious enough to check the math. So here ya go:
If you want to determine how many aoe spells you will have to cast (on average) then it would be:
1 / 0.4
+ 1 / 0.32
+ 1 / .24
+ 1 / 0.16
+ 1 / 0.08
= 28.54 casts

In comparison to an average of 25 job abilities to proc the same amount of mobs.

However, I highly doubt that it's 8% for every mob, otherwise I'm sure we would've seen a LOT more bards in dynamis spamming Horde Lullaby I/II with a partner.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-11-08 15:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

At the end of the day, people will play a job based on what they are most comfortable with and based on their own personal choice and play-style. How about we just leave it at that and not so much deter him from his methods.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-11-08 16:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
At the end of the day, people will play a job based on what they are most comfortable with and based on their own personal choice and play-style. How about we just leave it at that and not so much deter him from his methods.

Sure you can play the job however you want. Just don't exagerate your results. Just because blu CAN spam magic spells doesn't mean it's the most effective method.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-11-09 01:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know why delta thrust's plague doesn't seem to land on anything in dyna - tavnazia? I've never seen it land on the bees or bombs. Worms i think it has, but they die so fast its hard to tell.
By Thorbean 2012-11-09 03:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it really 8%??? I've done dyna - valkurm as BLU/RDM 8-9 times (back when i refused to level DNC for dyna). I gotta say, even turning away from 100%, the majority of the time, i'd have the thing almost dead just from headbutt > dia > headbutt spam long before i got a !!. Most of the time I would end up having to stop using headbutt or it would die before i staggered it. I'd say it's lower than 8% from personal experience.

Sure it works... kinda. It's just way too luck based to be a reliable way to stagger mobs. Using JA I can pull 7-8 mobs, sleep them all then going from left > right, use steps on the ones that are still asleep and violent flourish the one I'm attacking. Steps don't wake your sleeping mobs so alot of the time, you are 1-2 ahead of yourself. I find I need to stop trying for !! to catch back up with myself half way through each pack. Either that or Whirl of Rage > re-sleep, but sleeping a pack twice is not MP efficient so I try to avoid that as much as possible.

Each run on magic !! i would pull in around 160-180 pieces and leave the zone in a terrible mood. Spamming spells over and over and over and still having to resort to Dia only to stagger most of the time is not good for your happiness.

As a comparison, I can chase JA, increase both kill speed and stagger speed and not burn all my MP trying to stagger (use it for better things like faster kills) and pull in 200-230. Sure you have to contend with others but if you are smart, you will go after the emptier camps. Delta thrust alone makes Dyna mobs so easy it's funny.

You know those times you are chasin JA and just can't get that 1 mob stagered? Thats how magic proc's go 99% of the time, it's extremely stressfull. Anyone who claims magic is just as good as JA for stagering should really try going as /DNC. Pick the emptier camps and pull in more currency and be happier while doing it. Stop gimping yourself doing magic !!.