Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-11-06 17:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

maxdecphoenix said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Requiescat should be pretty competitive with CDC in Dynamis, if not slightly better. Loss of ODD hurts though. Vorpal still sucks no matter what.

I've found Requiscat to be comparable with CDC in terms of average WS DMG, in terms of doing SC DMG though, Req.> QC seems to 9 times out of 10 beat CDC > Benthic. If you factor attempts where Benthic misses, REQ. probably pulls way ahead. I'v actually stopped even setting Benthic.

I've been wanting to see though if the damage disparity can be overcome by being under Aftermath for virtually all the farming time.

Thats probably because you're supposed to do CDC > Amorphic spikes for the att bonus on the spell plus higher base dmg, also testing on this suggests that at 150tp 1.25 tp modifier making it superior to Benthic in everyway other than it's a conal spell. Amorphic spikes is mp costly but with a good idel set you should be fine.

Another point my CDC does 3.6k in Dynamis which is a large % of mobs hp so using such a mp costly spell for a darkness skillchain on mobs that don't have the hp to warrent it is kinda counter productive, split CA Eflux and ws's up for more overall dmg on mobs seeing as time to proc + melee mob should be 60% is 1 ws drops it to 10% a SC at 10% is dumb.

On the competition arguement, you're a blu use spells for procs if you need to evade the mass camping on nm,s spells timers shorter, easier to spam (specially lunge) and you will see this speeds you up tremendously, with high levels of competition. I average 270 coins using ma procs this way. try it for yourself.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-11-06 17:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Another point my CDC does 3.6k in Dynamis
How the hell do you average that?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-06 17:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

People use magic procs? I admit, I've never tried to do magic procs on nightmare mobs. When I first started doing lowman/solo dynamis it was in cities and magic procs were absolutely terrible and I have a brd alt to spam songs. Did they go and ninja fix the proc rate?
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 17:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said: »
He doesn't. That's how.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-11-06 17:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

270 singles (I assume solo) doing magic procs is just... no.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 17:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Didn't you know that dual box mule is still solo? lol. But yes, skilled 99 almace blu's shouldn't have an issue making that much I would say. Blu is a machine on fodder.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-11-06 17:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Duo is the new solo!

I don't doubt a skilled/geared blu's kill speed. It's just that magic proc rate is horrid and would be severely limiting to your yield.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-06 18:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Didn't you know that dual box mule is still solo? lol. But yes, skilled 99 almace blu's shouldn't have an issue making that much I would say. Blu is a machine on fodder.

This could be true if he wasnt doing magic procs. JA procs, yeah i get close to that with my 85 almace. Magic procs, i HIGHLY doubt it. Just the other day i forgot to switch sub before dyna & went in blu/nin. At first i wanted to try magic procs, 25 mins later said this is bs & warped. Could i have still made $$? Yeah but would it of been near what i make doing JA procs? not a chance. then again i wasnt "solo" i was solo.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-07 01:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't. That's how.
Best CDC I've had as BLU/DNC was 4190 in dynamis on a decent challenge treant. But I know for sure my average is definitely under 3k. I've had CDC in dynamis do as low as 1.1k (don't remember the exact number).
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-11-07 09:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh, Benthic - lowers mob defences (90 almace not 85 btw)
I use Triumphant roar before I ws, and the 3.5k was a misstype was supposed to be 2.6k Stupid spellchecker.

Magic procs work well because you can hit multiple mobs at once but individually they have a lower proc rate (so I've seen) and btw there are THF's who get 270 a run solo so perhaps if you aren't then you're not as good as them? that doesn't mean it's not possible. Take into account because I use magic procs and th2 I never have any competition with mobs which is the key aspect to your total number of coins in dynamis.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-11-07 09:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Duo is the new solo!

I don't doubt a skilled/geared blu's kill speed. It's just that magic proc rate is horrid and would be severely limiting to your yield.

If your trying to hit 1 mob yeah it'll suck I hit 5-7 at once using conal spells, I've found them to be not bad in dreamlands dynamis.

And FYI when I say solo I mean without any mules or 2nd accounts or assists. Like hell I'm paying for 2 accounts.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-11-07 09:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
He doesn't. That's how.
Best CDC I've had as BLU/DNC was 4190 in dynamis on a decent challenge treant. But I know for sure my average is definitely under 3k. I've had CDC in dynamis do as low as 1.1k (don't remember the exact number).

Whoever said I was /dnc?
By kenshynofshiva 2012-11-07 10:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How do u not get slowed down with mp issues? Curious how managing ur mp isn't a limiting issue for magic procs..
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-07 10:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
People use magic procs? I admit, I've never tried to do magic procs on nightmare mobs. When I first started doing lowman/solo dynamis it was in cities and magic procs were absolutely terrible and I have a brd alt to spam songs. Did they go and ninja fix the proc rate?

I used to go Nin and do dc and nm's. Proccing with ninjutsu isn't that bad because you can spam spells unlike ja's 10 second recasts. If i was having terrible luck with competition, I'd pull a few magic mobs and wait for repops.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-11-07 10:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I go /rdm as phlanax with 5-7 mobs is more usful then /dnc cures plus convert helps alot along with fast cast, I usually take 1 vile elixer and a Viler elixer +1 with me for any major issues ie: I *** up big time and pull the dragon what hits for 270 ish a go >> (like i just did lolz).

Mp Drainkiss find a BLM goblin / Quadav and sponge the crap out of him, Quadavs are close to the ravens so it's not too bad, I take Food also to increase ws DMG for after procs, I don't use spells to wear mobs down after proc i just keep em slept then work on 1 with ws's, in an attempt to keep mp at a reasonable level.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-11-07 10:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Think so I tried before update as SCH using diaga with a friend, never worked but lately it's been really easy using ma procs ^^

I might try /nin too at some point if I can deal with the -9 inventory (+ tool bags....)
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-07 21:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't. That's how.

Whoever said I was /dnc?
Whoever said I was talking to you? (I quoted Fupafighter btw). I just made the statement that my best is 4190 as /dnc.

I will talk to you now though, so here it is. Your CDC may get up to 3.6k, you're not averaging that though so it's a little deceptive to say "my CDC does 3.6k" because it sounds like you're talking about an average.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-07 22:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoever said I was talking to you? (I quoted Fupafighter btw). I just made the statement that my best is 4190 as /dnc.

I will talk to you now though, so here it is. Your CDC may get up to 3.6k, you're not averaging that though so it's a little deceptive to say "my CDC does 3.6k" because it sounds like you're talking about an average.
Conagh did claim a typo on that, instead saying 2.6 though I feel the magic procing and pulling 270 average just as suspect as 3.6k Chant averages.

If magic procing was even a slightly good rate, I could see this being possible, but the rate is terrible at 8% as opposed to 20% JA proc rate. 8% is one proc in 12.5 casts on average. 20% is 1 in 5. I just don't see it being viable.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-07 22:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my bad. Yeah 2.6 is a solid average. If I ever bother to figure out how Kparser can differentiate between different windows, I'll give it a shot and let you guys know what I average (subtle call for help with this program lol). None of my gear is hard for average players to get except Thaumas gear and maybe Toci's.

As for magic proc rate, if AoE spells have the same 8% proc rate as single target spells, then I dunno. I wouldn't be so quick to call BS on it because he may very well be able to pull it off.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-11-07 22:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What aoe spell or combination of spells (conal or otherwise) is spammable that wouldn't quickly drain your mp? Then there's the damage from 5-7 mobs wailing on you even with phalanx up as well as the terrible inconsistency of magic procs. It's more than a bit suspect.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-07 23:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm almost certain I read or heard about SE gimping aoe procs but I'm not sure if that was on magical or ws or what. I doubt it's the same 8% though. There was mention of /rdm in his past posts so I'd assume diaga before anything else but without being able to spam spells with the mobs asleep, you'd quickly get overwhelmed even on EP mobs and very likely to get interrupted very often.

Even for me who dual boxes a blu and brd found magic procs to be miserable. Note that lullaby will proc even if they are already sleep so you can just alternate lullabies(aoe or single target) every 2.5 seconds for 0 cost other than locking yourself up.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-07 23:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Triumphant roar before I ws, and the 3.5k was a misstype was supposed to be 2.6k Stupid spellchecker.

Magic procs work well because you can hit multiple mobs at once but individually they have a lower proc rate (so I've seen) and btw there are THF's who get 270 a run solo so perhaps if you aren't then you're not as good as them? that doesn't mean it's not possible. Take into account because I use magic procs and th2 I never have any competition with mobs which is the key aspect to your total number of coins in dynamis.

Or maybe im honest & i know what an average is? I have th2 & my blu is far from gimp. I have yet to go in the dreamlands to focus on magic procs but i doubt youre killing any faster than /dnc as well as procing. All the time you're using to cast those aoe spells, is what another blu is using to deal dmg & that times adds up. I guess I'd have to be bored enough to try it sometime before i can completely debunk it though. Main argument i see here is competition & anyone would know to scan zones before you pick 1.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-11-08 09:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I'm almost certain I read or heard about SE gimping aoe procs but I'm not sure if that was on magical or ws or what. I doubt it's the same 8% though. There was mention of /rdm in his past posts so I'd assume diaga before anything else but without being able to spam spells with the mobs asleep, you'd quickly get overwhelmed even on EP mobs and very likely to get interrupted very often.

I don't use diaga, would be difficult so sleep 5 mobs with dots (You'd suggest this for magic procing 5+ mobs in dynamis... As you said I assume you actually believe people would do that?)

Blood saber - 25 mp + AoE drain (my cure spell)
Actinic burst - 24 mp + AOE flash
Filamented Hold - 38 mp + Conal slow (helps with dmg mitigation)
Delta thrust - 28 mp + Conal plague and reasonable dmg (More dmg mitigation)
Sheep Song - 22 mp - Light based AoE sleep (used after actnic burst to reduce chance of interuption - and blue spells are hard to interupt to incase you forgot)

with anything from 8-10 mp refresh if you run out of mp with convert at your hands............ (I also stated I use temps) then dear god quit the damn job.

CDC > Heavy Strike (oh look another low cost high dmg spell....) refresh gained while meleeing compensates for mobs 8% chance on 5 mobs is 40% chance of proc per cast. That's faster than 1 ja every 12 seconds even if this is all you did >.>... can you not recover 30 mp in 4-5 tics?...

The math is there, and have you tried entering Dynamis on Cerberus? it's always got 10+ people inside; 34 in Qufim not long ago today to.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-08 09:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Delta thrust - Conal plague
temps

(What?)

Quote:
8% chance on 5 mobs is 40% chance of proc per cast

math does not work that way (well its close, like 35% but your chances of proccing goes down with each one you proc unless you're telling me you pull more as you kill each one or something)
By kenshynofshiva 2012-11-08 10:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Note post above uses benthic and triumphant in math post no where to be seen wtf.... Must be super taru my elvaan *** still would be out of MP in short work unless I full timed every refresh piece I have and my damage would turn to pretty shitty...

Take to much damage and magic fruit sucks hard on MP I don't get it...
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-08 10:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Should learn what the blu spells you're using actually do before telling ppl about the job lol. Or did spell check insert that itself? You melee in refresh gear while blu/dnc's kill with straight dd gear + haste samba. Obviously going to be a difference in kill speed, obviously something smells fishy with this story..& yes i say story
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-08 10:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I have no real reason to doubt his claims, but it still seems like way more trouble than its worth given how easily the RNG can screw you over with a 8% proc rate. It's bad enough when it screws you on JA procs.
 Phoenix.Esvedium
Server: Phoenix
user: Esvedium
By Phoenix.Esvedium 2012-11-08 10:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

with anything from 8-10 mp refresh if you run out of mp with convert at your hands............ (I also stated I use temps) then dear god quit the damn job.

What kind of trbl TP set are you using that allows you to get 8-10MP per tick, even with Battery Charge?
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-11-08 10:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use diaga, would be difficult so sleep 5 mobs with dots (You'd suggest this for magic procing 5+ mobs in dynamis... As you said I assume you actually believe people would do that?)

Blood saber - 25 mp + AoE drain (my cure spell)
Actinic burst - 24 mp + AOE flash
Filamented Hold - 38 mp + Conal slow (helps with dmg mitigation)
Sheep Song - 22 mp - Light based AoE sleep (used after actnic burst to reduce chance of interuption - and blue spells are hard to interupt to incase you forgot)

CDC > Heavy Strike (oh look another low cost high dmg spell....) refresh gained while meleeing compensates for mobs 8% chance on 5 mobs is 40% chance of proc per cast. That's faster than 1 ja every 12 seconds even if this is all you did >.>... can you not recover 30 mp in 4-5 tics?...

The math is there, and have you tried entering Dynamis on Cerberus? it's always got 10+ people inside; 34 in Qufim not long ago today to.

I'm assuming Delta Thrust was supposed to be Benthic Typhoon if it was well that spell costs 56 MP.
Your math doesn't add up. Lets say you cycle through your list twice (unlikely it only takes 2 rounds) to proc all 5 mobs you pulled.

You're spending 330 MP (not counting Conserve MP if you set that)
1 Heavy Strike per mob is another 160 MP. I would have guessed more of 2/5 but none of your proc spells do heavy damage except Benthic Typhoon (assuming that's what you mean by delta thrust).

In 1 round you're burning 490 MP. For 10mp/tic and Convert to sustain that you'd have to pull/kill slower than about 2~3 minutes. This assumes you get all 5 procced in 10 spells which would mean you're extremely lucky and defy the odds.

I'm sure you'll argue "but I use items like Vile Elixir/+1" problem is you only get 2 of those and even then they only do 25% and 55% respectively.

Maybe my math is wrong but it looks like your claims aren't adding up even under great conditions. Which is disappointing because having an alternative to JA or Quint Spear WS options I have now would have been nice.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2012-11-08 13:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not forget that AOE proccing was nerfed. The target may be 8%, but the non-targeted mobs have an even lower chance of proccing. I've tried AE spamming on pld w/ ochain before. Even when pulling the entire camp, and the higher % proc rate on WS, i would only see a few non-targeted mobs proc per pull. (This was when WS camps were always open, before pup method was common).