What Did It Cost For YOUR Body!?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » What did it cost for YOUR body!?
What did it cost for YOUR body!?
First Page 2 3
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-08-07 18:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So after MONTHS of trying Celaeno.. I finally bit the bullet and bought the cells..

Cost me about 20 mil for all 5 cells.. and I was still 0/435 on that NM..

So what did it cost you for your bodies? and how many did it take before you decided to buy it as well? ^^b
[+]
 Valefor.Lisamarie
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2012-08-07 18:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

1/44, not a penny. :)

ily,apple
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-07 19:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I got it accidentally on like, my 10th Celaeno.

Wasn't even doing it for robe, was just farming crystal petrifacts.
 Phoenix.Meowzer
Server: Phoenix
user: Meowzer
By Phoenix.Meowzer 2012-08-07 19:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Got lucky on Toci's, took about 10 Pils.
I never really get to use it though. :(
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-08-07 19:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine I'd be 0/700+ on Heka and Toci if I were to come back and spam VW.

And then break down and buy cells...
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-07 19:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fafnirs:
Heka's: I was about 0/350 and went out to the first akvan shout after update to buy cells right there. Ended up getting it like 2nd akvan we did of that run.

Toci's: 0/200ish. paid 16mil, and my friend was like "I went like 1/3 on this last time. I'll just go get you your last cell" went out to a Pil and got a cell on the very first kill.

Akvan: 0/200ish. like 19mil, flat out bought all cells.

Sawtelle:
Faz radiant mail: back at 90 cap we had done like 80, and then someone else got our first drop as a group. Mine dropped the next fight and I squealed on skype like a 10 year old girl I was so excited.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-07 19:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Akvan and Botolus Rex were by far my worst. I was definitely over 200 on each. Have both though => now so i'm a happy cat.

When Botolus Rex decided to gimme the body the mofo gave me it back to back. I think Holycross wanted to strangle me that day lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-08-07 19:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even going to pretend I kept count like some people do but I can say for the past 6 months (I started doing Jeuno VW in March after my break) I've done at least 6-18 Pil runs a day, a few times have done 24-36 kills, 3-7 days a week, and still haven't seen Toci's.

Now last night someone in my own LS goes 1/1 during a shout party, and first thing they say is "What should I use this for?"

The the very next kill, someone who brought their WHM only mule gets it.

$@*(&#!@&^$*&@*#&^%(*)(*#&$(*&!!!!! (aka #butthurt)

Want to buy pulses so bad but saving for alex is killing me and I don't want to toss 12m+ on it :(
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2012-08-07 19:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Went to Pil yesterday for T3 Clear and 1/4 Toci. :)
 Carbuncle.Smeggles
Server: Carbuncle
user: Smeggles
By Carbuncle.Smeggles 2012-08-07 19:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question about the cells (if anyone knows) I have killed qilin/pil etc many times but I'm not "up to them" in terms of my clear progress. Do I have to be able to pop Pil to trade in the 5x cells or just have him killed on my character?
By Ophannus 2012-08-07 19:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

1/3 on Mekira
1/56 on Heka
1/36 on Toci
2/12 on Mextli
1/32 Anhur

Either I have extremely good luck (doubt it since I have almost all of the bodies and it wouldn't be statistically likely to be that lucky that often) or people aren't actually recording how many times they've gone. Considering most shouts dissolve after 1 or 2 runs and each run only popped 4x up until recently, I question the people who claim 0/700. Not saying you aren't that unlucky, but were your lights capped and did you have the Red Light boosting petrifacts? Almost always see 1-2 people in the alliance getting bodies every 4 pops or so. I was always scared of doing VW because people told me how poor the drop % was but then when I started doing them I got them all fairly easily. Worst drop for me was Rubeus Boots which I went 1/60.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-08-07 19:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
1/3 on Mekira
1/56 on Heka
1/36 on Toci
2/12 on Mextli
1/32 Anhur

Either I have extremely good luck (doubt it since I have almost all of the bodies and it wouldn't be statistically likely to be that lucky that often) or people aren't actually recording how many times they've gone. Considering most shouts dissolve after 1 or 2 runs and each run only popped 4x up until recently, I question the people who claim 0/700. Not saying you aren't that unlucky, but were your lights capped and did you have the Red Light boosting petrifacts? Almost always see 1-2 people in the alliance getting bodies every 4 pops or so. I was always scared of doing VW because people told me how poor the drop % was but then when I started doing them I got them all fairly easily. Worst drop for me was Rubeus Boots which I went 1/60.
I base mine on stone supply.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-07 19:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Went 1/40 on my first Heka's did a run after the pulse update for the bullet, which i didnt get, and get a second Heka's and celled it lol.

Kaggan body like 1/100 maybe and toci well its the bane of my existance on vana'diel atm. Took my a while to even get the feet off Pil.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-08-07 19:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I question the people who claim 0/700. Not saying you aren't that unlucky, but were your lights capped and did you have the Red Light boosting petrifacts? Almost always see 1-2 people in the alliance getting bodies every 4 pops or so. I was always scared of doing VW because people told me how poor the drop % was but then when I started doing them I got them all fairly easily. Worst drop for me was Rubeus Boots which I went 1/60.

Have never done a run without using cells and I /wrists when people don't cap lights on something as simple as Pil and become the emo little redhead taru. "Great Sword 3 ... Great Sword 3+5 ... stop spamming Resolution damn it!!!!!"

Can say almost every run or two some one gets it, but it has never been me yet. Saw 3 people get it in 6 kills not too long ago too. Still not me.

I'm 1/1 on four bodies (Ogier, Rubeus, Mekira, Ace's), and 1/6 or less on numerous other items like Athos Hands/Legs, Ogier Legs, Whirlwind Dirs, HQ Axe and Hedera body from Morta, NQ Dagger from Qilin, and Rubeus legs. Just not Toci's >_<
 Valefor.Lisamarie
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2012-08-07 19:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1/44 Anhur
1/24 Heka (4/32 total, f u pulse cells, weren't out when i was spamming Akvan)
1/1 Ace's Mail
2/11 Mekira (went 1/9, then got another drop the second run)
1/2xx+ Toci's

Don't really have much luck. :\
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-07 20:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly think its based on what you need is WHAT DOES NOT DROP. I've always loved my SCH. So i wanted hekas and anhur the most. OF COURSE THE MOFO makes me work hardest for it. Caeleno is still the source of all my VW hatred that bi@tch will not drop my robe.

While Pil is dropping tocis and dillarams like no tomorrow....
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-08-07 20:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah that seems to be how it works for me too ... When I show up on jobs I seem to get bodies I cannot use on that job currently. I really need to stop going BLU or NIN to Pil >.>
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-08-07 20:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well seems like some people bought their cells as well.. so I don't feel alone.. lol

And I did some math, with all the runs I've done since March, apperently I averaged about 2.5 Celaeno runs a day...

...derp x.X
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-08-07 20:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1/3 on Mekira
1/56 on Heka
1/36 on Toci
2/12 on Mextli
1/32 Anhur

Remember when Akizero did all those qilin shouts? Well i was in most of those runs got a grand total of 3 pouches and and no HQ dagger lots of gorgets and boots. I wouldnt really doubt them too much tbh it does happen and people do get them quite quickly.
 Cerberus.Clyne
Server: Cerberus
user: Clyne
By Cerberus.Clyne 2012-08-07 20:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahava dropped 2 worthless bodies in 4 fights for me last week...meanwhile I've killed a few hundred Kaggen w/o belt or body. Thankfully I was able to sell 1 of the cells right away, but the other keeps rotting on the AH or in bazaar.

Buncha trolls @ SE.
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2012-08-07 20:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i've fought Celaeno about 10 times and dropped the body cause i have no mage job leveled.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-08-07 20:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I had someone go 1/2 the last night I did it.. no mage jobs either..

Keep trollin', trollin', trollin', trollin'...
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-08-07 20:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

1/3 on Mekira
1/56 on Heka
1/36 on Toci
2/12 on Mextli
1/32 Anhur

Either I have extremely good luck (doubt it since I have almost all of the bodies and it wouldn't be statistically likely to be that lucky that often) or people aren't actually recording how many times they've gone.

The former.
By Ophannus 2012-08-07 20:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Akizero got his dagger pretty early he told me but made shouts anyway for HMP's. Also I think weapons are a lot more rare than bodies as I see shittons of people with bodies but very few people with weapons.
By Quiznor 2012-08-07 21:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Got anhur tonight while farming merits lol. Did 10 fighys,got it on....7th i think. Thats around grand total of maybe 15 fights.

Akvan 1/11 and 2/12 lawl
Pil 1/10 and 2/12
Kaggen 1/103

And to piss people off.....ima use anhur on rdm!!!
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-07 21:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My body is priceless.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-08-07 21:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
I honestly think its based on what you need is WHAT DOES NOT DROP.

True. :-( I want Toci's and Heka most. I've gotten two Ace's mails, one sitting on my mule and the other in my mule's dbox because she can't obtain it. I've gotten Porthos byrnie, which I can't use and which my husband really wanted. (He really wanted Ace's mail, too. I'm his worst luck ever. He wants a body, I go with him to go get it, I obtain the body he wanted, he obtains logs.) The same blubber-fish which gave me Porthos also gave me some abjuration augment thingy that my husband also really wanted. And I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never get the Toci's or the Heka's.

I've debated testing the theory of going to Akvan and announcing that I definitely DO NOT WANT Heka, just so Heka will drop for me. But then I can't do it, because I don't want it to be true that you must whine to receive drops. >.>
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-08-07 21:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
1/3 on Mekira
1/56 on Heka
1/36 on Toci
2/12 on Mextli
1/32 Anhur

Either I have extremely good luck (doubt it since I have almost all of the bodies and it wouldn't be statistically likely to be that lucky that often) or people aren't actually recording how many times they've gone.

The former.
yes, that is extremely good luck. like Fupa said, I base my estimates on stone supply, which has been hovering around 0 for a while now.
 Bismarck.Mephilas
Server: Bismarck
user: Mephilas
By Bismarck.Mephilas 2012-08-07 21:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I do Pil and Kaggen alot.

This is when I start counting. (1 month ago)

Pil: 0/37 but maybe 100-150 fight

Kaggen: 0/41 but maybe 250-300 fights

I have 140 stones on me. I've done countless VWNM. I receive 2 stones a day and I had 320 stones on my peek.

Only piece of armor that I got in all those fight

Ace body
Ganesha mala(2% quadruple neck)
Pil feet
18% running feet
kaggen belt
Ogier's helm

I never receive the rare drop of any NM (cell drop) in 550-650 fights.

I have all the light and I always trade 3 Rubi cell, but I guess it's working like FFXI want. Maybe I'll get a set of pink armor when I open the chest, maybe it will help.

At least I can get the armor I want in nyzul and not wait on those stupid drop rate.
By Thunderz 2012-08-07 21:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

5$ dolla!

oh wait
First Page 2 3