Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Gandiva TP Set
Gandiva TP Set
By Explicit 2012-07-30 00:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So im having troublefiguring out the best tp set for Gandiva RNG's. Whether i cant find out on any rng form or im just completely braindead... figured i'd just start a thread focusing on it for ppl like me who can't find info so easy. Anyway, i currently TP in mostly STP when im just shooting, then swap to full snapshot for when i have Double Shot active. Having said that, this is probably as wrong as u can get, but i cant seem to decide between snapshot or STP. I read somewhere u can start a shot in snapshot then swap to STP midshot, but idk if this is true or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated^^. and here are my two sets:

This is Normal TP

This is When Double Shot is active
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2012-07-30 00:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Explicit said: »
So im having troublefiguring out the best tp set for Gandiva RNG's. Whether i cant find out on any rng form or im just completely braindead... figured i'd just start a thread focusing on it for ppl like me who can't find info so easy. Anyway, i currently TP in mostly STP when im just shooting, then swap to full snapshot for when i have Double Shot active. Having said that, this is probably as wrong as u can get, but i cant seem to decide between snapshot or STP. I read somewhere u can start a shot in snapshot then swap to STP midshot, but idk if this is true or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated^^. and here are my two sets:

This is Normal TP

This is When Double Shot is active

Where do you use your ranger when you don't have regain because your store tp pieces confuse me unless you are in a situation where you have an x-hit build.
By Explicit 2012-07-30 01:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i play ranger for VW and einherjar mainly, and i know my sets don't make any sense which is why im asking for help ; ;
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-30 01:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Snapshot gear only needs to be on at the beginning of the shot--same as fast cast. Store tp gear only needs to be on at the end of the shot, thus you can and should utilize both.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-07-30 01:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This will work for a 5 hit.

I believe it's technically 2 stp over the requirement for a 5 hit so you could sub in Kudzu if you'd like. Can obviously sub in Bellona's for Jalzahn's.
 Fenrir.Frobos
Server: Fenrir
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-07-30 01:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Funstealer
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2012-07-30 02:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

why do i never ever see anyone using scouts beret+2? like seriously....
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-30 03:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Funstealer said: »

People too lazy to do the trials I guess. Should definitely be using it.

Replace loki's with caban +2, oneiros with wanion (my personal pref), and use the beret +2 assuming recycle merits.
 Fenrir.Dahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Dahlen
By Fenrir.Dahlen 2012-07-30 04:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-07-30 10:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So....

Pre-shot

and mid-shot

This assumes no regain or recycle proc, but I'd rather be prepared for the worst. /war I don't know how you get around Kudzu/Loki's and Oneiros Cest (or a worse stp option at belt or neck) to keep a true 5 hit.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-07-30 11:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Scout's beret+2 done with trials, do you suggest stacking it with Libeccio Mantle? And if so, please explain the best way to- does it proc preshot like Snapshot, or does it need to be equipped at the time the shot is fired like STP?
 Bismarck.Funstealer
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2012-07-30 11:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Scout's beret+2 done with trials, do you suggest stacking it with Libeccio Mantle? And if so, please explain the best way to- does it proc preshot like Snapshot, or does it need to be equipped at the time the shot is fired like STP?

needs to be on when the hit lands and if ur 5/5 recycle merits it gives u 50stp which is 5%

i personaly do use it with the libeccio mantle no reason not too stacking some more recyle i usally get 2-3 procs per 5 hits and when i say usally i mean like 95% of the time between the hat ur merrits and the mantle ur proc rate is so high its gonna happen
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-07-30 12:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup 5/5 merits, no reason not to since the introduction of beret+2.

Thanks for clarifying when the proc happens. Now...need to fully factor in (as well as one can factor in a randomness such as this) how much STP can be sacrificed. From my current STP setup all this cuts out is Sylvan back (STP+5) but I would think it would allow me to toss Goading Belt. Would love some imput from those who do use Recycle in their setup.
 Bismarck.Funstealer
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2012-07-30 12:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

this is what i use for /war and /sam

never have a problem with tp

Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-07-30 12:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

With recycle merits and just Scout's Beret +2 (assuming beret recycle is only 20% - the most conservative), there is a 5% chance you won't 5 hit and with Libeccio it becomes a 3% chance. So it is relatively safe to ignore stp on the neck/waist. Are people sticking with Sylvan Caban +2 over Kudzu/Tessera for the actual shot for the -enmity?
 Bismarck.Funstealer
By Bismarck.Funstealer 2012-07-30 12:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
With recycle merits and just Scout's Beret +2 (assuming beret recycle is only 20% - the most conservative), there is a 5% chance you won't 5 hit and with Libeccio it becomes a 3% chance. So it is relatively safe to ignore stp on the neck/waist. Are people sticking with Sylvan Caban +2 over Kudzu/Tessera for the actual shot for the -enmity?

well old wiki has the hat a 20-30% bg has it at 25% this isnt even the +2 hat which is probably a higher % libeccio only adds 2% with recycle +5? didnt know that

and as for caban i beleive that testing proved it has some Ratt on it with velcoity shot up
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-30 14:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

preshot

Blood hands with snapshot augment

midshot

Head with recycle augment of course
Body with snapshot augment for chance of double shots, albeit low chance

Neck alternatives are rancor and houyi's (not sure if this makes a difference on x-hit if recycle fails you) depends on your style.

Legs there are http://www.ffxiah.com/item/16380/entois-trousers but unsure if that outweighs sylvan.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2012-08-03 14:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it doesnt seem like its worth it the STP isnt worth the time wasted in dynamis. Hell I dont even do dynamis because is boring. One can say its better but I get enough tp on ranger where I dont need to worry about a few more STP.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [167 days between previous and next post]
By Yankke23 2013-01-17 21:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

how do i macro pre-shot and mid-shot?

example
/pre-shot <wait 1!>
/ra <t> <wait 1!>
/mid-shot
???